Tickets On Sale For Last 5 Cities Of Roosh's Tour! Early bird pricing ends soon for Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, and Charlotte. Click here for details.

Kiev Experts - Recommendations for specific area of Kiev that you enjoyed for living
foxco Offline
Male Feminist

Kiev Experts - Recommendations for specific area of Kiev that you enjoyed for living
I've lived in a few different foreign cities, and know what a difference in quality of life it can be from one neighborhood to the next with regard to convenience, atmosphere, etc.

Obviously Kiev is huge and a hard nut to crack. For those that have lived there, did a particular area strike you as a great place? I'd appreciate recommendations.

With regard to my needs, I want to network with and hire software developers, so I'd prefer to be near the IT scene (if there is one). Also, my Russian is very basic (am learning though), so areas that are a bit more comfortable for English ability are a plus.

Thanks!
09-05-2019 06:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Eddie Morra Offline
Beta Orbiter

RE: Kiev Experts - Recommendations for specific area of Kiev that you enjoyed for living
You can live anywhere in Kyiv really. There doesn't seem to be one area where just people in "IT" seem to gather. But they aren't too difficult to find. I guarantee you, meet one or two younger guys in the center in any pub or bar on a Friday or Saturday night and either they'll be in IT or know someone who is..

People who move to the city usually get attached to one area or another. Coincidently, it's quite often the first area they moved to or stayed in. For me it was Obolon. It's actually changed quite a bit from when I first lived there in 1998. Especially the riverfront. It's a bit out of the center, but if you can snag a place within walking distance to a Metro station, you shouldn't be more than 15 or 20 minutes tops to Maidan.....Good luck!
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019 07:36 AM by Eddie Morra.)
09-05-2019 07:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Eddie Morra's post:
rishboy77, foxco
natas305 Offline
Chubby Chaser

RE: Kiev Experts - Recommendations for specific area of Kiev that you enjoyed for living
Did you really have to make this it's own thread given that this is covered in pretty much every data sheet about Kiev (there are lots) and there's a massive Ukraine thread as well?

They would have likely lead you to the conclusion to stay near Arena City / Gulliver Mall.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019 07:35 AM by natas305.)
09-05-2019 07:34 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes natas305's post:
Tail Gunner
Visigoth Offline
Game Denialist

What difference does it make. It's his thread and can ask whatever he wants. The info on the Kiev thread you are referring to seems shaky. Probably a good idea to get some fresh, reliable feedback.
09-05-2019 09:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Visigoth's post:
foxco
foxco Offline
Male Feminist

RE: Recommendations for specific area of Kiev that you enjoyed for living
Yes, I've read most of the Ukraine threads on this forum, lots of good information, but I thought fresh/focused info like, "I lived exactly [here] in Kiev and it had everything I needed and I enjoyed it." would be helpful.

For example I provided this kind of info regarding Chiang Mai to a guy who was asking about it.

Just looking for same from the those who spent time in Kiev. Thanks for the feedback so far!
09-06-2019 06:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kangaroo Offline
Recovering Beta
Gold Member

Near Bodyart gym
09-06-2019 10:07 AM
Blake2 Offline
Recovering Beta

Totally depends on what you need.
But, I'd recommend staying away from Khreshatyk/Maidan/Lva Tolstogo...those are tourist places with outrageous prices.

For the same price as a 1 room shitty Maidan apt you can find a 3 room, brand new apt in another area.
Poznyaki, Obolon, Pechersk, Livoberezhna, Golosivksi are all good

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
09-06-2019 01:02 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Blake2's post:
Eddie Morra, foxco, Tail Gunner
BangBoy123 Away
Chubby Chaser

Agreed.

Many guys will go for a "strategically located apartment" near Gulliver, spend over $1500 a month for it, and have no bang. They'd have better results living in the outskirts of Kiev gaming the poor girls in the ATB supermarkets
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 06:08 PM by BangBoy123.)
09-06-2019 06:07 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like BangBoy123's post:
Eddie Morra, foxco, ArloDash, aeroektar
Ghost93 Offline
Male Feminist

Stay near Arena City especially if you're new to the city, you will have everything you need within walking distance
09-06-2019 06:24 PM
foxco Offline
Male Feminist

Update: I'm in Kyiv and I've done some scouting.

So far I'm favoring "Obolon" district for renting an apartment.

It is a dense cluster of really ugly Soviet apartment blocks, just north of the city center. Once I got past the initial ugliness, I think it has a lot of promise.

Pros of Obolon: (As I see them)

LOTS of convenience. Every type of shop, restaurant, etc. is in easy walking distance. It appears more convenient to me than if I were to live in the exact city center which caters more to tourists than people living.

<10 min metro ride to city center. Metro stops are close to most apartment blocks.

High population density = more girls per square meter

Cheaper than the center.

Girls more in my socio-economic compatibility than richer girls in the center.

Guys that know. Please chime in if I'm missing something or you know something that is better. I might pull the trigger on a rental apartment soon.

Thanks
09-15-2019 12:09 PM
Blake2 Offline
Recovering Beta

Excellent choice.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
09-15-2019 12:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blake2's post:
foxco

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kiev Housing Prices ArloDash 57 4,399 09-03-2019 05:05 PM
Last Post: Man4alczns
  Copenhagen, Denmark - nightlife recommendations scandibro 34 59,877 08-18-2019 08:15 AM
Last Post: Rang off the Pipe
  The Washington DC area thread Roosh 76 10,802 08-13-2019 10:28 PM
Last Post: TripleG