I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

How the Boomers Destroyed the Lives of Their Kids
JiggyLordJr Offline
Beta Orbiter

How the Boomers Destroyed the Lives of Their Kids
Disclaimer: This piece is not meant as an attack on any individual boomers (you're safe JD), as I'm sure there are many good guys out there who fight against the pro-boomer/anti-children agenda. However, as a collective entity - and as a voting bloc - they have done far more damage than they have good. Alas...

Baby boomers, in simple terms, have destroyed the lives of their kids - and most likely - for their grandkids as well. Aside from the trust-fund babies who have inherited fortunes from their late boomer parents, the vast majority of boomer offspring were born into a man-made, bubbling swamp of shit. Speaking as a son born to two prototypical boomers, I wish to share some perspective on how this generation managed to ruin the lives for the majority of their offspring. This is not a rant, as I have been successful despite the rotten seeds sown before me. Rather, this is a perspective piece from the viewpoint of a Milennial/Gen-Z (I fit into both), who has been studying and analyzing the boomer phenomenon for years. Let us begin...

We all know the classic boomer rise to success: a booming economy, free college, high wages, cheap real estate, and an overall bright future . Back then, "John Smith" was able to raise a family on one income, pay off his mortgage in 5 years, and have enough left over for leisure and savings. Now let's look at the life that John Smith Jr. inherited from his pops: a "gig economy", prohibitively expensive real estate (50 year mortgages), a struggle to raise his family on two incomes, and widespread infrastructural decay. And this is the space of one generation. What the hell happened?

To put it nicely, boomers rose the ladder to success, and then quickly burned it once their kids came into this world. To put it more bluntly, boomers have financially enslaved their kids, enjoying lavish retirements while their world their kids in habit goes up in flames. Here's a great quote that depicts the boomer mindset perfectly: "I hope everything stays okay until I die. I'll be long gone when SHTF. Good luck dealing with all the problems!" This mentality has been pervasive since they attained success as a generation; allow me to illustrate with a concrete example:

Living-wage jobs did not used to require a college degree. For the highly specialized jobs that did, tuition was generally affordable (save for the Ivy Leagues), and could be paid off while working part-time. As soon as boomers got into admin positions in the same colleges they attended, they immediately jacked up tuitions to astronomical rates, all so they could have an inflated, cushy salary. This was done with zero regard for their children. To top this off, boomer bankers reazlied their children couldn't afford these new rates - "but hey, we can lend them money at high interest! And they can't even default!" Boomers - 2, Children - 0.

There are many, many other examples of how boomers sought short-term profits at the expense of their children, but it is too many to list in this post. If you're interested in discovering the full depth of their depravity, I suggest reading A Generation of Sociopaths. Here's a link to the free epub (working at the time of this post). Rather than view this phenomenon from an analytical standpoint - which has been done many times before - I'd like to view this from a moral stance: Who in the hell would ruin the lives of their own kids?

For most of us men with even a modicum of moral standing, it's unimaginable to deliberately sabotage the lives of our current or future children. Yet the boomers did this en masse, and continue to do so with zero remorse. Ever since they gained control of the voting bloc circa 1970, wages (for the young) have stagnated, essential infrastructure has crumbled - yet Social Security has continued to chug along unperturbed. What the actual fuck? Anyone who cared even slightly about their kids and their futures would invest at least some resources to advance the lives of the next generation. Instead, they quite literally let the country go up in flames, as they sit back in their Floridian gated-communities, going on expensive vacations, and scowling at their children when asked for some financial assistance. In essence, they not only didn't give their kids fish, they didn't teach them how to fish either. In my eyes, this is completely inexcusable.

So what is a Millenial/Gen-Z guy to do? When your parents - as a collective or individually- have directly/indirectly sabotaged your future, what can you make of it? To feel betrayed by your forefathers is truly heart-breaking - I can't imagine our ancestors could have ever stomached such a betrayal. The mantra was always one of sacrifice, to give a little of yourself in order to forfe a better life for your children. I have already started upon this path; I would not want my kids to inherit a world that my parents have destroyed.

Thanks for giving this a read - I've been meaning to get this off my chest for some time now. What do you guys think of this whole phenomenon? I know it's a very heated topic, with many differing opinions, but it would be great to hear from both sides of the table.
09-06-2019 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
debeguiled, Swordfish1010, Transsimian, Samseau, Cyclone, KnjazMihailo
ThriceLazarus Offline
Recovering Beta

RE: How the Boomers Destroyed the Lives of Their Kids
You’re not entirely wrong, you’re just off the mark. Hamartia - a sin.

How can you not see that those people were taken advantage of and manipulated just as the younger generations have been? That their elders left positions involved with psychological warfare to completely bombard their children with weaponized advertising and predictive programming? That elements within the CIA worked to begin eroding any sense of morality and decency to pave the way for the destruction of the family unit, further still, shattering any pragmatic and righteous perception of reality with post-modern philosophy? And so much more.

What you don’t realize is that, if any millennial were in their position, with the exact same circumstances, they would do the same. In fact, we have done worse. The boomers enslaved their children? The millenials murder half a million a year through abortion. At least we were born.

Edit:

You can see clearly where they wronged you. Now open your eyes and see how you are blessed.

We are communicating through a network they built. Like. Fucking. Magic. Further still, the entirety of human knowledge and experience is in your pocket. Disease has been all but eradicated - we die to our bad habits now. You can travel anywhere in the world, safely, in less than a day. You have never known true hunger, or desolate poverty. Do not forget the face of your Father. Flip your reticular activation system to see abundance as well as contraction.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 07:49 AM by ThriceLazarus.)
09-06-2019 07:36 AM
[-] The following 13 users Like ThriceLazarus's post:
Aurini, Leonard D Neubache, scorpion, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Buck Wild, Rap17, fiasco360, John Dodds, Sankt Michael, Dr. Howard, PrimeTime32, balla_23, TooFineAPoint
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Hear hear.

I'm gaining enough self awareness to wonder honestly what I would have done with all that abundance, coupled with an unprecedented and highly organised loosening of social morality not to mention being bombarded with there-to-fore unknown drugs which nobody knew the long term consequences of partaking in.

Mostly these days I look in their dead eyes and feel sorry for them.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
09-06-2019 07:58 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Aurini, iop890, JiggyLordJr, Thot Leader, Buck Wild, Swordfish1010, fiasco360, KnjazMihailo, Sankt Michael
scorpion Online
True Player
Gold Member

Boomer hate is tiresome and unproductive. Boomers themselves were born from 1946 - 1965. They had no hand in manufacturing or even shaping the vast majority of the social, political and economic trends that currently bedevil us, most of which were well underway when the Boomers themselves were all under 25 and held basically no power in society. Did the Boomers enjoy a certain prosperity bubble that Gen X, Millennials and Gen Z likely will not? Yes. Is that their fault? No. They just got lucky.

Boomer-hating is a popular pastime, but it's transparently nothing but sour grapes. Instead of bitching about the fat, dumb boomer who retired with a nice pension you'll never have, instead think about your ancestors who lived before the 20th century. Their lives were extremely tough. No electricity, no plumbing, no modern medicine. Child mortality of approximately 50%. Life was defined by struggle, hardship and pain. God, family and community were all that you had. Materially, they were unquestionably far poorer than we are now. But they were much richer spiritually and socially. However, I doubt if push came to shove that any of the Gen Zs or Millennials would actually want to trade places with their great-great-grandfathers. That would require pain and sacrifice. They'll gladly bitch your ear off about how easy the Boomers had it compared to them, though.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
09-06-2019 08:57 AM
[-] The following 24 users Like scorpion's post:
JayR, scotian, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Kid Twist, doc holliday, BlurredLines, DamienCasanova, RDF, Tactician, Rap17, Samseau, fiasco360, Laner, Simeon_Strangelight, Cyclone, Benoit, Sankt Michael, Nordwand, Dr. Howard, robreke, Thomas Jackson, Salinger, DJ-Matt, KnjazMihailo
Eazy_E Offline
Game Denialist

Life is what you make it. You wanna be pissed off and bitter and angry, then you will and you'll always be the victim and it'll never be your fault because if only the other guy didn't fuck you out of your chance, you'd be set.
09-06-2019 09:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eazy_E's post:
BlastbeatCasanova
JiggyLordJr Offline
Beta Orbiter

Link to the free epub:

A Generation of Socipaths
09-06-2019 09:11 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
debeguiled, KnjazMihailo
JiggyLordJr Offline
Beta Orbiter

(09-06-2019 08:57 AM)scorpion Wrote:  Boomer hate is tiresome and unproductive. Boomers themselves were born from 1946 - 1965. They had no hand in manufacturing or even shaping the vast majority of the social, political and economic trends that currently bedevil us, most of which were well underway when the Boomers themselves were all under 25 and held basically no power in society. Did the Boomers enjoy a certain prosperity bubble that Gen X, Millennials and Gen Z likely will not? Yes. Is that their fault? No. They just got lucky.

Boomer-hating is a popular pastime, but it's transparently nothing but sour grapes. Instead of bitching about the fat, dumb boomer who retired with a nice pension you'll never have, instead think about your ancestors who lived before the 20th century. Their lives were extremely tough. No electricity, no plumbing, no modern medicine. Child mortality of approximately 50%. Life was defined by struggle, hardship and pain. God, family and community were all that you had. Materially, they were unquestionably far poorer than we are now. But they were much richer spiritually and socially. However, I doubt if push came to shove that any of the Gen Zs or Millennials would actually want to trade places with their great-great-grandfathers. That would require pain and sacrifice. They'll gladly bitch your ear off about how easy the Boomers had it compared to them, though.

I agree that our ancestors had it worse, but the point of this piece was not a game of "who had it better." If I went down that road, I would have mentioned the genetic loterry, being born in a "1st world" country, etc. But I didn't. Comparing yourself to others - even if long dead - generally brings you nowhere, and doesn't excuse what the boomers have done to their children. Again, fair point, but this sort of discussion is meant for another thread.

What I was trying to convey was that when faced with the decision, boomers essentially sold out their kids' futures for their own cushy retirements. To my recollection, no other generation in history has committed an inter-generational travesty of this magnitude. Of course, there are exceptions, and I can imagine if a family is under duress/starving, they'll sell off a child into slavery - naturally against their familial instincts. But extreme cases like that are individual and mostly situational, whereas the boomers sell-out was systemic, and clearly thought out. I'm sure if the starving family were not facing an ultimatum, they would do everything in their power to help their kids secure a nourished future. Yet, facing no ill circumstances whatsoever, most boomers decided that their kid's futures don't matter, only their retirement does.
09-06-2019 09:32 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JiggyLordJr's post:
debeguiled
Eazy_E Offline
Game Denialist

Okay, so fucking dwell on it forever then. You can't change it, I can't change it, nobody can at this point. Literally all you can do is shrug your shoulders and say whatever. I'd love to have had the same opportunities my father and his generation had but that's not reality. That was their world, this is ours.
09-06-2019 09:36 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Eazy_E's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, BlastbeatCasanova
Oak Offline
Beta Orbiter

(09-06-2019 08:57 AM)scorpion Wrote:  Boomer-hating is a popular pastime, but it's transparently nothing but sour grapes. Instead of bitching about the fat, dumb boomer who retired with a nice pension you'll never have, instead think about your ancestors who lived before the 20th century. Their lives were extremely tough. No electricity, no plumbing, no modern medicine. Child mortality of approximately 50%. Life was defined by struggle, hardship and pain. God, family and community were all that you had. Materially, they were unquestionably far poorer than we are now. But they were much richer spiritually and socially. However, I doubt if push came to shove that any of the Gen Zs or Millennials would actually want to trade places with their great-great-grandfathers. That would require pain and sacrifice. They'll gladly bitch your ear off about how easy the Boomers had it compared to them, though.

Don't criticize boomers, just try to live more like your ancestors who were peasants. Okay, thanks boomer.

I'll just go get my time machine and have a traditional marriage, and reverse the anti-male divorce laws definitely not passed by boomers, in a conservative white religious community thankfully upheld by boomers and spend my time consuming the great books, music and art of my culture that boomers definitely haven't contributed to destroying. Then the fact that the upward trend of intergenerational prosperity somehow mysteriously ended after boomers (which definitely wasn't their fault) won't matter as much.
09-06-2019 09:41 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Oak's post:
debeguiled, JiggyLordJr, Brodiaga, Swordfish1010, jselysianeagle, KnjazMihailo
scorpion Online
True Player
Gold Member

Once again, the Boomers did not begin to accumulate any appreciable cultural and political power until the mid-late 1980s, when the earliest Boomers were around 40. Bill Clinton was the first Boomer elected President. That was 1992. All of the socio-cultural symptoms of decline were well underway by the time the Boomers came to power. Please explain how it was Boomers who passed the Immigration Act of 1965, entangled the U.S. in Vietnam (1968), legalized abortion (1973), invented the birth control pill (1960), and passed no-fault divorce laws (1970s). All of those things happened while Boomers had zero political and institutional power. Economically, average wages peaked in the U.S. in the 1960s and 1970s and have remained flat since. Again, this was before the Boomers came to power.

Boomers are basically the spoiled rich kids of history. They benefited from being born into the post WW2 period of American prosperity and grew into adulthood at the dawn of the computer age and the explosion of the financial markets. They're probably the most economically well-off generation in the history of mankind. But that's just how it is. They didn't ask to be born when and where they were. They just got lucky. The mistake is believing that if you had been born in their circumstances that you would have behaved any differently than the average Boomer. You most certainly wouldn't have. You can spend the rest of your life complaining that you don't have it as easy as your parents did ("Fuck you, dad!") or you can get on with it and do the best you can for yourself and your posterity. Accept the fact that the Boomers were an outlier generation in history. Their prosperity was artificial and couldn't last. We're simply returning to a more normal state of human affairs, when most people struggled to get by day to day, and prosperity was the exception, not the rule.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
09-06-2019 10:08 AM
[-] The following 16 users Like scorpion's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, BlurredLines, PapayaTapper, DamienCasanova, jselysianeagle, Samseau, fiasco360, Laner, Simeon_Strangelight, Benoit, Sankt Michael, Nordwand, robreke, Salinger, KnjazMihailo, 8ball
Thot Leader Offline
Wingman
Gold Member

(09-06-2019 07:58 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Hear hear.

I'm gaining enough self awareness to wonder honestly what I would have done with all that abundance, coupled with an unprecedented and highly organised loosening of social morality not to mention being bombarded with there-to-fore unknown drugs which nobody knew the long term consequences of partaking in.

Mostly these days I look in their dead eyes and feel sorry for them.

Good point, but one thing I sure as fuck wouldn't have done was ignore the obvious suffering and plight of my own kids--something Boomers have repeatedly done and will continue to do right up until the end, despite having a solid 20-year window to stop doing so.

But yeah, I do feel sorry for them.
09-06-2019 10:58 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Thot Leader's post:
Leonard D Neubache, JiggyLordJr, Samseau, KnjazMihailo
debeguiled Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

As one of the few boomers here, I am doing penance by liking every anti-boomer post in the thread.

[Image: 774.gif]

[Image: kmCDrPS.gif]

[Image: LaughingCouple.jpg]

Oopsy.

How do you delete these dang things?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung
09-06-2019 11:03 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like debeguiled's post:
PapayaTapper, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Samseau, Laner, KnjazMihailo
Suits Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Scorpion, just to put things in context, what generation do you come from?

I'm the King of Beijing!
09-06-2019 12:05 PM
debeguiled Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

(09-06-2019 12:05 PM)Suits Wrote:  Scorpion, just to put things in context, what generation do you come from?

He is obviously not a boomer.

He's just sensible.

Carl Jung
09-06-2019 12:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes debeguiled's post:
PapayaTapper
PapayaTapper Away
International Playboy
Gold Member

All the anecdotal social maladies and economic degradation being listed in this thread and "blamed" on boomers should be, and would be more accurately be, attributed to the insidious and relentless creep of the Marxist agendas across multiple generations.

All of it

Blaming boomers and waiting for someone else to fix it for you only plays into that agenda

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
09-06-2019 12:12 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
DamienCasanova, Johnnyvee, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Laner, Leonard D Neubache, Benoit, Sankt Michael, Salinger, KnjazMihailo, Thersites
debeguiled Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Don't forget the females.

Here's a boomer woman to get mad at.

Carl Jung
09-06-2019 12:40 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like debeguiled's post:
beta_plus, Aurini, KnjazMihailo
Abelard Lindsey Offline
Chubby Chaser

(09-06-2019 06:46 AM)JiggyLordJr Wrote:  Disclaimer: This piece is not meant as an attack on any individual boomers (you're safe JD), as I'm sure there are many good guys out there who fight against the pro-boomer/anti-children agenda. However, as a collective entity - and as a voting bloc - they have done far more damage than they have good. Alas...

Baby boomers, in simple terms, have destroyed the lives of their kids - and most likely - for their grandkids as well. Aside from the trust-fund babies who have inherited fortunes from their late boomer parents, the vast majority of boomer offspring were born into a man-made, bubbling swamp of shit. Speaking as a son born to two prototypical boomers, I wish to share some perspective on how this generation managed to ruin the lives for the majority of their offspring. This is not a rant, as I have been successful despite the rotten seeds sown before me. Rather, this is a perspective piece from the viewpoint of a Milennial/Gen-Z (I fit into both), who has been studying and analyzing the boomer phenomenon for years. Let us begin...

We all know the classic boomer rise to success: a booming economy, free college, high wages, cheap real estate, and an overall bright future . Back then, "John Smith" was able to raise a family on one income, pay off his mortgage in 5 years, and have enough left over for leisure and savings. Now let's look at the life that John Smith Jr. inherited from his pops: a "gig economy", prohibitively expensive real estate (50 year mortgages), a struggle to raise his family on two incomes, and widespread infrastructural decay. And this is the space of one generation. What the hell happened?

To put it nicely, boomers rose the ladder to success, and then quickly burned it once their kids came into this world. To put it more bluntly, boomers have financially enslaved their kids, enjoying lavish retirements while their world their kids in habit goes up in flames. Here's a great quote that depicts the boomer mindset perfectly: "I hope everything stays okay until I die. I'll be long gone when SHTF. Good luck dealing with all the problems!" This mentality has been pervasive since they attained success as a generation; allow me to illustrate with a concrete example:

Living-wage jobs did not used to require a college degree. For the highly specialized jobs that did, tuition was generally affordable (save for the Ivy Leagues), and could be paid off while working part-time. As soon as boomers got into admin positions in the same colleges they attended, they immediately jacked up tuitions to astronomical rates, all so they could have an inflated, cushy salary. This was done with zero regard for their children. To top this off, boomer bankers reazlied their children couldn't afford these new rates - "but hey, we can lend them money at high interest! And they can't even default!" Boomers - 2, Children - 0.

There are many, many other examples of how boomers sought short-term profits at the expense of their children, but it is too many to list in this post. If you're interested in discovering the full depth of their depravity, I suggest reading A Generation of Sociopaths. Here's a link to the free epub (working at the time of this post). Rather than view this phenomenon from an analytical standpoint - which has been done many times before - I'd like to view this from a moral stance: Who in the hell would ruin the lives of their own kids?

For most of us men with even a modicum of moral standing, it's unimaginable to deliberately sabotage the lives of our current or future children. Yet the boomers did this en masse, and continue to do so with zero remorse. Ever since they gained control of the voting bloc circa 1970, wages (for the young) have stagnated, essential infrastructure has crumbled - yet Social Security has continued to chug along unperturbed. What the actual fuck? Anyone who cared even slightly about their kids and their futures would invest at least some resources to advance the lives of the next generation. Instead, they quite literally let the country go up in flames, as they sit back in their Floridian gated-communities, going on expensive vacations, and scowling at their children when asked for some financial assistance. In essence, they not only didn't give their kids fish, they didn't teach them how to fish either. In my eyes, this is completely inexcusable.

So what is a Millenial/Gen-Z guy to do? When your parents - as a collective or individually- have directly/indirectly sabotaged your future, what can you make of it? To feel betrayed by your forefathers is truly heart-breaking - I can't imagine our ancestors could have ever stomached such a betrayal. The mantra was always one of sacrifice, to give a little of yourself in order to forfe a better life for your children. I have already started upon this path; I would not want my kids to inherit a world that my parents have destroyed.

Thanks for giving this a read - I've been meaning to get this off my chest for some time now. What do you guys think of this whole phenomenon? I know it's a very heated topic, with many differing opinions, but it would be great to hear from both sides of the table.

Putting aside the generational conflict, everything he says here is spot on. Housing, education, and healthcare has dramatically increased in cost over the past 30 years, with young people being hard hit by two of these. Large companies have increasingly used the credentialism of college degrees as a hiring screening tool, even for jobs that really do not require a college degree to perform. Worse, it is more difficult to move around and change careers than it was in the 1980's, mainly because of credentialism and the pernicious effect of HR involvement in hiring.

One major issue that is almost never discussed is the decreasing dynamism of the economy due to domination by large corporations: https://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstt...ompetitive

All of these trends are adversely affecting young people today.
09-06-2019 12:55 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Abelard Lindsey's post:
debeguiled, KnjazMihailo, Thersites
sanbruno Offline
Game Denialist

Blaming boomers is like blaming your single mother or beta father for your problems... they made mistakes, but for the most part they were only doing what they thought was right at the time. The real blame lies with FIRE economy leaches on Wall Street and decades of misguided politics that have degraded the status and wealth of American labor (American men). My beef with traditional Republicans and libertarian types like Peter Schiff, is they spend the majority of their energy telling working Americans they expect too much money, meanwhile, elites toil on Wall Street getting paid fat salaries running a glorified Casino off the backs of productive American labor and industry.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 01:10 PM by sanbruno.)
09-06-2019 01:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanbruno's post:
Dr. Howard
Sherman Offline
True Player

There was actually active resistance during the 1960s and 1970s. The problem is that the right framed it in terms of the cold war, which was the predominant issue of that time. The right was convinced that the changes of the 60s was being directed directly from the Kremlin, and they totally missed that it was coming from the internal rot of the West itself. As a result, they were ridiculed and lost.

This movie was made to ridicule the conservatives who were fighting the culture changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3TpBfnaEmI

Rico... Sauve....
09-06-2019 01:13 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Sherman's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Brodiaga
Eazy_E Offline
Game Denialist

As far as housing costs go, think about this. My grandfather was born in 1911. The US had 93 million people in it. The world was just under 2 billion. Now here in 2019, we've got 327 million in the US and we're speeding fast to 8 billon worldwide. In that time, how much extra land have we created? Stands to reason that if demand goes up by a factor of 3 on the same supply, price will go up a bit too.
09-06-2019 01:14 PM
PapayaTapper Away
International Playboy
Gold Member

Stop, for a moment, thinking of people as humans but rather as a crop to be harvested and you'll start to understand the mindset (s) behind all this.

You'll also begin to see when youre "acting" like the produce and act accordingly to help yourself.

No one else is coming to your rescue

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019 01:21 PM by PapayaTapper.)
09-06-2019 01:19 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
Johnnyvee, Laner, Leonard D Neubache, Dr. Howard, robreke, KnjazMihailo
sanbruno Offline
Game Denialist

(09-06-2019 01:14 PM)Eazy_E Wrote:  As far as housing costs go, think about this. My grandfather was born in 1911. The US had 93 million people in it. The world was just under 2 billion. Now here in 2019, we've got 327 million in the US and we're speeding fast to 8 billon worldwide. In that time, how much extra land have we created? Stands to reason that if demand goes up by a factor of 3 on the same supply, price will go up a bit too.

The US has no shortage of developable land. RE prices are what they are primarily due to low interest rates and all the perverse incentives that artificially drive up RE as an asset.
09-06-2019 01:25 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like sanbruno's post:
Samseau, John Dodds, WalterBlack
N°6 Offline
True Player

The Boomers were the first generation to be weened on the television.

Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women; they have destroyed kings. (Proverbs 31:3 GNB)
09-06-2019 01:32 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like N°6's post:
debeguiled, KnjazMihailo
Eazy_E Offline
Game Denialist

You can only cannibalize your best crop land for additional housing for so long, plus at this point, if there's anywhere people generally don't live, it's for a reason. Saudi Arabia is a fifth the size of the US, why don't we just build a bunch of houses there? I mean look at all that empty land.
09-06-2019 01:32 PM
Johnnyvee Offline
Wingman

Maybe a better question would be; why was it so easy to indoctrinate the boomer generation? And why where there so few who resisted? It seems like almost every boomer have the same basic programming. (feminist/white knight, loves the government and high taxes) There seems to be much more rivalry and competition between ideologies these days. Maybe it`s the internet that explains most of that dynamic. Must have been sheer terror for a free thinker to come of age in the 70`s.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
09-06-2019 01:33 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Johnnyvee's post:
debeguiled, Samseau, KnjazMihailo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why do left wing millennials shit on boomers when they are literally boomers 2.0.? partyfowl 84 7,379 08-28-2019 09:34 AM
Last Post: Deepdiver
  Pope 'The Cuck' Francis Just Destroyed The Catholic Church redpillage 227 87,411 05-20-2019 09:42 PM
Last Post: Roosh
  Life Destroyed: Meteorologist Accidentally Mispronounces MLK's Name and Fired on Spot RIslander 33 7,740 05-17-2019 03:02 AM
Last Post: Bycicleguy