I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Most people never got good?
Phanes Offline
Game Denialist

Most people never got good?
Roosh mentioned in a video that most people don't get good because they lack the work ethic. This is very demoralizing. Can someone provide some nuance on this?
09-06-2019 07:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
travolta Offline
Alpha Male

RE: Most people never got good?
Put in the work and you'll get good. What nuance do you need?
09-06-2019 08:21 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like travolta's post:
MichaelWitcoff, BBinger
Eazy_E Offline
Beta Orbiter

The harder I work, the luckier I get. That's all you need to know.
09-06-2019 08:50 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Eazy_E's post:
Vasily Zaytsev, Simeon_Strangelight, Dr. Howard, BBinger, bacani
Obermarschall Offline
Recovering Beta

(09-06-2019 08:50 AM)Eazy_E Wrote:  The harder I work, the luckier I get. That's all you need to know.

I can work hard and never achieve something.
I can work efficient and that's where I achieve results. Combining smart working and hard working together.
09-06-2019 08:57 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Obermarschall's post:
Bienvenuto, MichaelWitcoff, BBinger, bacani
Phanes Offline
Game Denialist

(09-06-2019 08:21 AM)travolta Wrote:  Put in the work and you'll get good. What nuance do you need?
Thank you for the reply.

Like how many % get good maybe. No I don't agree, there's mental health problems, autism, being extremely ugly and short. In a blog post Roosh says that if you have no friends then it's not going to work.

Roosh linked to the article "The Misandry bubble". The author claims to be an alpha says this:
Quote:Thus, while 80% of men have no intellectual capacity to grasp and master Game, if the number of solid practitioners even begins to approach 20%, multiple parasitic beasts, from female moochers to the tax-swilling state to the corrupt real-estate and divorce lawyer industries, can be effectively starved.
https://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/...ubble.html

What do you guys have to say about that?
09-06-2019 12:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phanes's post:
Hillbilly
Bienvenuto Online
Wingman
Gold Member

(09-06-2019 12:48 PM)Phanes Wrote:  
(09-06-2019 08:21 AM)travolta Wrote:  Put in the work and you'll get good. What nuance do you need?
Thank you for the reply.

Like how many % get good maybe. No I don't agree, there's mental health problems, autism, being extremely ugly and short. In a blog post Roosh says that if you have no friends then it's not going to work.

Roosh linked to the article "The Misandry bubble". The author claims to be an alpha says this:
Quote:Thus, while 80% of men have no intellectual capacity to grasp and master Game, if the number of solid practitioners even begins to approach 20%, multiple parasitic beasts, from female moochers to the tax-swilling state to the corrupt real-estate and divorce lawyer industries, can be effectively starved.

OP - ask yourself deep down..

do you believe that?
If yes - do you believe that you are in the 80% or the 20%?
09-06-2019 01:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bienvenuto's post:
Zenta
Blake2 Offline
Recovering Beta

Don't usually post news articles in the Game section but:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/smart...e-too.html

Basically similar concept, practice and you get better with it.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
09-06-2019 01:27 PM
JiggyLordJr Offline
Beta Orbiter

Most people don't good because they lack discipline. Work ethic is just an extension of this concept.

Can most people abstain from a beer after a long day of work?

Can they force themselves to work out despite a busy schedule?

Can they resist the urge for a coffee/drink/donut when going through dopamine withdrawal?

Can they write off carbs for good?

Can they structure their free time that balances productivity and healthy recreation?

Can they resist the urge to fap on a dry spell?

People cannot control their desires - what they can control is their response to these desires. Most men - and almost all women - cannot do this. If you can, you are good. Simple as that.
09-07-2019 03:07 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Dr. Howard, Kid Twist, doc holliday, Tactician, Syberpunk, Barron, Zenta, Going strong, Renzy, bacani
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Innovative Casanova
Gold Member

Obviously most men as well as most women are lacking discipline in all fields. This concerns everything really. Should not be a surprise.

Most people go to work because they have to and put in the average. The barest few go beyond and above. Though some are satisfied in their average jobs while putting their discipline into their private life having fulfilling hobbies and relationships, spending time with their families to the fullest. Though even there - very few men really do that well as most just pass time.

That should not be an illogical observation.
09-07-2019 03:09 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Dr. Howard, doc holliday, Bienvenuto, bacani
Phanes Offline
Game Denialist

(09-06-2019 01:22 PM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  
(09-06-2019 12:48 PM)Phanes Wrote:  
Thank you for the reply.

OP - ask yourself deep down..

do you believe that?
If yes - do you believe that you are in the 80% or the 20%?

Yes I believe it. I believe I'm in the 80%. But TRT which I'm going on soon might change it. Roosh writes in Game that learning game with low t is like trying to run a marathon with a leg injury.

There was an instructor on another forum saying 5% become good.
09-07-2019 07:52 AM
Kid Twist Offline
True Player

I'm not even really sure the original question makes sense.

By the way, the misandry bubble author is supposed to return in 2020 to give an update on his prediction. It seems the bubble hasn't bursted, like most of the other bubbles still persisting. I was unsure for a second if I was correct about this, but I indeed found it at the bottom of the Four Horsemen of Male Emancipation section:

Quote: These Four Horsemen will all converge at the end of this decade to transfer the costs of misandry from men onto women, and on 1/1/2020, we will assess how the misandry bubble popped and the fallout that women are suffering under for having made the mistake of letting 'feminists' control their destiny. Note that I did not list the emergence of any Men's Rights Movement as one of the Four Horsemen, as this is unlikely to happen for aforementioned reasons.

Get your passport ready!
09-07-2019 09:43 AM
Heart Break Kid Offline
Wingman

By definition most people are not good at anything in particular. Why would game be any different?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2019 10:35 AM by Heart Break Kid.)
09-07-2019 10:35 AM
Phanes Offline
Game Denialist

To the last post:
Correct.

It's just that I was so excited and believed I'd get good then Roosh mentioned it and it killed my belief.

I guess I want to get it back by making this thread.
09-07-2019 01:16 PM
BalanceLife Offline
Beta Orbiter
Gold Member

Most people never had the chance to, we learn a few tricks and that made us better than average and we get some chics, and stay with one and got out of the game.

Some of us got really good due to the desire to outperform 99% of the guys. It’s not necessary a good thing but it’s something that gets us going. The reason? Motivation to get better, or the desire to not be the male ugly duckling people know you for.

Getting good is about discipline. If you can stop eating carb u can have a good body, if you can open everyday you can be good.
09-10-2019 05:40 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BalanceLife's post:
BlastbeatCasanova
Bienvenuto Online
Wingman
Gold Member

(09-07-2019 01:16 PM)Phanes Wrote:  To the last post:
Correct.

It's just that I was so excited and believed I'd get good then Roosh mentioned it and it killed my belief.

I guess I want to get it back by making this thread.

OP - stick at it.

Keep doing what works..

Hint: pretty much every technique works so long as you practice it and apply it enough.

This is the problem with the 95%.

They don't actually apply these things.

Honestly, 95% of people don't do it because they do not want these things to work for them. They're either comfortable enough .. or it would be too much change, too much stress in their life.

And if they are happy with their lives, then I guess its not a problem for them.
09-10-2019 07:15 AM
Freebird Flying Offline
Chubby Chaser

Good with regards to game, they probably don't go out enough, or approach enough, and most likely both.

It's true, most guys don't go out very much or approach a lot, especially the guys I meet in real life who are in PUA groups.

Usually they go out on weekends to a club from time to time or possible every week, and do online game and get contented with that, and at the bars / clubs they are drinking, so it's hardly high level gaming going on usually.

It's very much like going to the gym if you wan to get good at meeting girls. But like I said when it comes to getting good at game, most guys won't approach enough and when they do actually go out, it's all talk and no action. Then maybe one approach in 3 hours. They fucking around with their phone, taking calls, all kinds of BS. 90% of the time this is what I see.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2019 02:04 AM by Freebird Flying.)
09-11-2019 01:58 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Freebird Flying's post:
Bienvenuto, ksbms, bacani
whitewashedblackguy Offline
Recovering Beta

There's a catch to the approach and get good rule: you have to be actively thinking about what you can do better and avoid doing the same mistakes thousands of times. No point in doing approaches if you're not learning anything. Keep a notebook so you can remember your approaches and see where you can improve.

Another thing that would help is hanging out with other game savvy bros. If they're serious, y'all end up talking about each others sets and observations from time out in the field. Eventually, you'll all have a pool of knowledge to start feeding each other ideas to improve, and it'll just snowball from there. So, in short, make sure you take notes and don't be a lone wolf.

African-Americans were horrified that the history of their ancestors was being, quite literally, whitewashed.
09-11-2019 01:41 PM
debilismmm Offline
Banned

Stop being Swedish. This will solve 98% of all your problems.

That's definitely where I'd start.
Yesterday 12:56 PM