I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Geopolitics with Peter Zeihan: New predictions as we go toward "Disunited Nations"
Kid Twist Offline
Hummingbird

Geopolitics with Peter Zeihan: New predictions as we go toward "Disunited Nations"
I always find Mr. Zeihan interesting, because he makes clear and distinct predictions and backs them up. I believe the worst input for predictive capacity is demographics, and I would extend that to even the US, although clearly they are informative and point towards a trend. For me, history is too clear in showing how bad people have been with what seems to be "obvious" in demographics, extrapolating for the future. Having said that, I love his presentations and spurring of conversation as we head into the next decade. Perhaps the best part of this presentation is the finalization of the last trade deals which links a new East Asian - American - UK post Brexit world, which noticeably excludes and strangles China, among other things. I find that fascinating, and it appears to be happening sooner than most people think. For this reason alone if you are a blackpiller on Donald Trump, you should reconsider, especially if Joe Biden is the challenger, as he is co-opted by China already (this is known).

We can discuss below, but here his most recent presentation. I'm always interested in his up and comers, am particularly interested in that War Zone (border of Russia, Middle East - in a world where the USA is withdrawn) analysis, and he comes with a new Brain Drain™ theory seemingly starting mid next decade. Enjoy.

Get your passport ready!
09-14-2019 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kid Twist's post:
PUA_Rachacha
Blake2 Offline
Robin

RE: Geopolitics with Peter Zeihan: New predictions as we go toward "Disunited Nat...
(09-14-2019 10:49 AM)Kid Twist Wrote:  I always find Mr. Zeihan interesting, because he makes clear and distinct predictions and backs them up. I believe the worst input for predictive capacity is demographics, and I would extend that to even the US, although clearly they are informative and point towards a trend. For me, history is too clear in showing how bad people have been with what seems to be "obvious" in demographics, extrapolating for the future. Having said that, I love his presentations and spurring of conversation as we head into the next decade. Perhaps the best part of this presentation is the finalization of the last trade deals which links a new East Asian - American - UK post Brexit world, which noticeably excludes and strangles China, among other things. I find that fascinating, and it appears to be happening sooner than most people think. For this reason alone if you are a blackpiller on Donald Trump, you should reconsider, especially if Joe Biden is the challenger, as he is co-opted by China already (this is known).

We can discuss below, but here his most recent presentation. I'm always interested in his up and comers, am particularly interested in that War Zone (border of Russia, Middle East - in a world where the USA is withdrawn) analysis, and he comes with a new Brain Drain™ theory seemingly starting mid next decade. Enjoy.

I'm not sure how good his predictions are, though they sound logical.

He's certainly an excellent speaker and engaging presenter.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
09-14-2019 01:38 PM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

RE: Geopolitics with Peter Zeihan: New predictions as we go toward "Disunited Nations"
Multi-racial multi-ethnic multiculturalism will not work. It will all collapse and the new superpower for the next 200 years - China - will just prove the ethno-centric model correct again. Who knows - the US or Europe might split up further in 70-150 years after having been filled with many more non-Europeans in the ethnic mix.

You can obviously work together, but usually one tribe in the area must call the shots and the minorities have to adhere to the rules of the main one.
09-14-2019 04:24 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
JiggyLordJr, Gusamaso, MusicForThePiano, Sankt Michael
BlastbeatCasanova Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Geopolitics with Peter Zeihan: New predictions as we go toward "Disunited Nations"
Demographics is destiny. Ignore at your peril
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019 06:19 PM by BlastbeatCasanova.)
09-14-2019 06:19 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like BlastbeatCasanova's post:
Syberpunk, Yatagan, 911, Gusamaso, MusicForThePiano, Sankt Michael
Kid Twist Offline
Hummingbird

Japan?

Get your passport ready!
09-15-2019 12:25 AM
Jaydublin Offline
Pelican

RE: Geopolitics with Peter Zeihan: New predictions as we go toward "Disunited Nat...
Here is one from mid 2018 that is pretty good also...more on how screwed Europe is.

09-15-2019 08:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jaydublin's post:
PUA_Rachacha
Blake2 Offline
Robin

From Reddit:

"Peter Zeihan is a rather colorful character whose main job is to sell books and make speeches selling his books, The Accidental Superpower and The Absent Superpower. In terms of foreign policy, he is a realist (The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must. Its ok for us to trample weaker nations because they would do the same to us if they got powerful. it has always been this way and that is just how the world works).

He is a libertarian. His dream America is one where we don't care about the middle east because we frack our own oil and only get involved in other countries when we need to defend American business and investments in Southeast Asia, Central America, and South America. Also he likes lots of immigration so that it keeps wages low and weakens unions.

Here is his latest lecture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BclcpfVn2rg

You will find many of his lectures on youtube. In my opinion, they have gotten much better overtime as he has trimmed out the bad jokes and oversimplifications. So no, it isn't worth your time to check out his older lectures. He does change up the material based on the audience though.

The biggest issue with his analysis is the 3 big wars that he predicts will break out in the near future.

Russia vs Eastern Europe.

Saudi Arabia vs Iran

Japan vs China

There is a big problem though. Huge state vs state wars have been incredibly rare in the past 70 years and I just don't think that the US stepping back from the world stage is going to cause these countries to go to war with each other. Even without the US, there are still tons of incentives to not go to war.

A few of his predictions are simply ridiculous. As you can see, he predicts that both Turkey and Argentina will become rising stars even though their economies did terribly in the past 2 years.

Also, a word of warning about these geopolitical analysists. Almost all of them are pro-American and optimistic about America's future and the only reason they are popular is because they tell Americans that we are strong and powerful which we like to hear.

Don't fall into this trap. The US is not as strong in relative terms as it once was. And we have created our own worst nightmare in China. Also, while the US still has a lot of soft power, a quick look at the way the UN votes these days shows that the US has lost almost all of Africa and the third world to China in a matter of 20 years."

Agree? Disagree?

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019 06:10 AM by Blake2.)
09-20-2019 05:54 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Blake2's post:
JiggyLordJr, Simeon_Strangelight, 911, Buck Wild, Gusamaso, MusicForThePiano, Sankt Michael
JiggyLordJr Offline
Robin

(09-20-2019 05:54 AM)Blake2 Wrote:  From Reddit:

"Peter Zeihan is a rather colorful character whose main job is to sell books and make speeches selling his books, The Accidental Superpower and The Absent Superpower. In terms of foreign policy, he is a realist (The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must. Its ok for us to trample weaker nations because they would do the same to us if they got powerful. it has always been this way and that is just how the world works).

He is a libertarian. His dream America is one where we don't care about the middle east because we frack our own oil and only get involved in other countries when we need to defend American business and investments in Southeast Asia, Central America, and South America. Also he likes lots of immigration so that it keeps wages low and weakens unions.

You will find many of his lectures on youtube. In my opinion, they have gotten much better overtime as he has trimmed out the bad jokes and oversimplifications. So no, it isn't worth your time to check out his older lectures. He does change up the material based on the audience though.

The biggest issue with his analysis is the 3 big wars that he predicts will break out in the near future.

Saudi Arabia vs Iran

Japan vs China

There is a big problem though. Huge state vs state wars have been incredibly rare in the past 70 years and I just don't think that the US stepping back from the world stage is going to cause these countries to go to war with each other. Even without the US, there are still tons of incentives to not go to war.

A few of his predictions are simply ridiculous. As you can see, he predicts that both Turkey and Argentina will become rising stars even though their economies did terribly in the past 2 years.

Also, a word of warning about these geopolitical analysists. Almost all of them are pro-American and optimistic about America's future and the only reason they are popular is because they tell Americans that we are strong and powerful which we like to hear.

Don't fall into this trap. The US is not as strong in relative terms as it once was. And we have created our own worst nightmare in China. Also, while the US still has a lot of soft power, a quick look at the way the UN votes these days shows that the US has lost almost all of Africa and the third world to China in a matter of 20 years."

Agree? Disagree?

Great points. We have to keep in mind that Zeihan is first and foremost a salesmen, and a "political analyst" second. What this means is he'll speak about whatever gets people riled up/excited (think Tony Robbins) or present some unorthodox opinion (Turkey/Argentina rising) just to score some novelty points. Some of his ideas are just plain wacky; outside of low-IQ countries, physical warfare is dying out, as economic warfare (think China-US) is becoming the dominant means of conflict. All in all, I'd take this guy's words with a grain of salt.

It's pretty clear, despite what many talking heads say, that China is back on the rise again, and will soon become the world's leading nation. It doesn't take "political analysis" to see why having a billion high-IQ laborers would be advantageous to a country's future. They were a superpower for the last few thousand years, bar the last hundred or so, mostly due to the US briefly taking control of the wheel. History is best viewed on a macro scale; many people are so embroiled in modern day chaos that they forget to view things from a distance.

That being said, my money's on China.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019 06:17 AM by JiggyLordJr.)
09-20-2019 06:10 AM
Blake2 Offline
Robin

(09-20-2019 06:10 AM)JiggyLordJr Wrote:  That being said, my money's on China.

How is this view impacting your investment, relocation plans?

I can't imagine the next 10-20 years won't be without some major economic shakeups.

-Alexander Pope
09-20-2019 06:25 AM
El Chinito loco Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(09-20-2019 06:25 AM)Blake2 Wrote:  
(09-20-2019 06:10 AM)JiggyLordJr Wrote:  That being said, my money's on China.

How is this view impacting your investment, relocation plans?

I can't imagine the next 10-20 years won't be without some major economic shakeups.

Lmao. I wouldn't bet on China.

Jews actively scapegoat China and this libertarian (with heavy neocon establishment leanings) is sort of hinting towards future forever war there. I actually don't disagree with him. I think China is the next forever war target. When and if they can't pacify Iran for Saudi Arabia and Israel then China is the next target. That is the big one and I think war with China is the apocalypse to be honest. It isn't going to be so simple or a cake walk like they would have you believe. It's not going to be old ass hueys riding in playing ride of the valkyries and juicy girl brothels. It's going to be moabs and nukes flying around and famines on both sides.

I wouldn't be surprised if China is a warzone within the next 50 years. A country outside of that and has an economy not too closely tied to the U.S. or China is a safer bet if you want a safe oasis. It will be bad though.

I have only a very casual reading of the individual quoted in the OP but from what i've read of him and his background i'd place him along the likes of Bill Gertz when it comes to foreign policy.

He's most likely a grifter who makes a living selling nonsense to boomer cons while waylaying real scrutiny when it comes to Israel, Jews, demographic displacement, and the middle east. However, I do know what his intent is in paving the way for war with China. It's been in the works for at least a couple decades now.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019 06:45 AM by El Chinito loco.)
09-20-2019 06:39 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like El Chinito loco's post:
911, MusicForThePiano
Hawk
Gold Member

(09-20-2019 05:54 AM)Blake2 Wrote:  From Reddit:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/lszAB3TzFtRaU/giphy.gif

[Image: giphy.gif]

Saudi Arabia vs Iran

Japan vs China

Agree? Disagree?

Yeah - I started to listen to one talk and then quickly realized that the guy blabbers on about slightly different mainstream views.

Loving immigration due to lowering wages ad infinitum - that makes him even a traitor or libertariantard. Libertarianism was funded by Rockefeller and they actually like part of the ideology.

His predictions are bordering on the lunatic without taking into account populational efficiencies, IQs, religions, sane wage structure and experiences on that. Also his war predictions of EE vs Russia or China vs Japan are ridiculous. Not only would Eastern Europe would have to split from the EU and NATO, but the reason for such a conflict would be hilarious indeed. And China vs Japan also would mean that the US would be gone. Besides - obviously both Russia and China are virtually unparalleled in terms of military power with only the US being able to counter them. Any other region is defeated within days by them.

His views frankly are beyond retarded in some respects. Also the idea that the US can have their debts rise until eternity and come out on top is dumb as rocks. He gives rivers and raw resources as explanations of why the US must have come out on top. Yeah - that however would not explain South Korea, Japan or South Africa. IQs of a population do not factor in his ramblings - just bloody rivers. Give me a break with that moron. No wonder that his crowd seems to consist mostly of Republican boomers who want to get their egos stroked of USA staying on top and Whites becoming 20% in the USA being a non-issue.

Fuck off.
09-20-2019 06:50 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
El Chinito loco, Leonard D Neubache, 911, BBinger, JiggyLordJr, Gusamaso, MusicForThePiano, Sankt Michael
El Chinito loco Offline
Crow
Gold Member

^^^

No wonder that his crowd seems to consist mostly of Republican boomers who want to get their egos stroked of USA staying on top and Whites becoming 20% in the USA being a non-issue.

I think he isn't wrong when comes to the China policy as the ultimate end game when it comes to pushing the big red button on America for the Jewish and anglo elites. I think this is the genuine policy prescription when things don't stick in the next 50 years. It's the big reset button.

However, you are right that he's a grifter (like Gertz) who appeals mostly to boomers and other assorted ziocon shills who want to distract from demographics and middle east pro Israel policy.

It's also (((very))) interesting that this specific author is pushed too.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019 07:16 AM by El Chinito loco.)
09-20-2019 07:15 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like El Chinito loco's post:
911, MusicForThePiano
Hawk
Gold Member

< On top of it - this does not even come close to the predictions of real scientific class members like Jacques Attali or the ones compiled for the US high military command (accessible online). They predict business as usual, an atypical eternal warfare of terror at best and lots and lots of future unrest in the West.

He doesn't appear even remotely to be sitting in on any of the meetings - just some guy writing his ramblings on his own. And the ramblings don't even include the basis of our world power as seen in the works of Carroll Quigley or the Reece Commission on Foundations - those were some of the most extreme insights into the real power-play aside from the Protocols of Zion. It's as if he takes some mainstream history, mixes libertarianism with civic nationalist fake ideology, adds Zionism and then pumps it all out in one mass that makes his ageing readership feel good about their future. So they keep on voting for the next Republican blockhead or even Ron Paul.
09-20-2019 07:37 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
amity, 911, BBinger, MusicForThePiano
Kid Twist Offline
Hummingbird

At least we've got some action on the thread. Thanks for some of the input. I find it more productive, however, to take the points at hand in the most recent video I linked rather than go off on major generalizations or memes that you love so much (yes you, Simeon) such as the boomers "feeling good" or some association with constant referring to ZOG or triple brackets.

Let's face it, everyone who is in front of others in the modern day on the internet, in newsletters, in interviews, etc is always going to have as a mode of their business (self) promotion and at least subconsciously going to try to hook you on their message, way of thinking, and how you should incorporate them. That's nearly everyone, so tone down the cynical stuff --- that will always exist.

Why would you appeal to "boomers" right now, anyway? Umm, I don't know, maybe they are the biggest demographic and currently own everything including the top jobs? Pretty good reason, if that is your audience, and I don't even believe that's what's going on here.

Notice also I didn't mention the wars part in my initial post, because I also don't think those are that realistic. I have criticized these types frequently (and this is along the same lines as you guys above) for only touching economic and not looking at social and societal issues, which are MAJOR, in the west. So I agree with you there. But having said all of that, it's still interesting to look at what one thinks about the major continents and their motions forward in a purely economic realm, which is vast and to Peter's defense, probably does trump a lot of the other factors.

He also says Trump wins 2020, 90% probability. I don't see anyone else putting their balls on the line and I think he's closer to right than anyone else I've heard, most not even making a prediction near this early pretty much because they are just pussies.

I've listened to Friedman (stratfor guy too) and Bremmer (when I read more I realized he's just an annoying short man globalist) and they are at best the same as PZ or worse.

Simeon, what's "far off" as far as the "real scientific class members" or the "US high military command"? Do tell.

Looking forward to more thoughts.
09-20-2019 06:49 PM
Blake2 Offline
Robin

I wonder if his China prediction will come true. A big correction and loss of trade would bring them down.

-Alexander Pope
09-21-2019 04:07 AM
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

You need to be watching the debt, credit and other markets in the US right now if you want an idea where things could go.

As of now the FED is the only thing keeping the banks solvent, just like in 2008 but this time they are not announcing it for fear of contagion spready. All these dominos are just there to topple if one of them goes.

The financial system of the USA is too big to fail and as a result it will weaken the US and its people considerably. This will push the US into a more aggressive posture as history shows.

Every economy in the world can go to shit but the US can keep going and it will be ok. If it fails then you could likely consider black swan events happening.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019 04:34 AM by Foolsgo1d.)
09-21-2019 04:34 AM
355 Offline
Pigeon

Thanks to this thread I watched a few of his speeches and found he made some really interesting points. Then I came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BclcpfVn2rg&t=61m57s

where he says that the AfD will probably be the largest party in the next German parlament and that they are "their version of the neo nazis". Both statements are not true. And it makes me wonder how informed other of his statements actually are.
09-22-2019 08:28 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like 355's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, MusicForThePiano
Kid Twist Offline
Hummingbird

That's part of the interest and selling part of such speakers, 355. I agree. That's why I want to see what becomes of his predictions over the next 5 years. I find all of this super interesting, but know that a large part of what determines "interesting" in public speaking is how you make the hearer feel. Obviously, that would make the presentation less and less reliable if most of the points aren't accurate.

Get your passport ready!
09-22-2019 08:36 AM
Blake2 Offline
Robin

He predicted Assad would lose in Syria in his older videos (2015).

I'm sure the other vids of his have errors...but sometimes he is right.

-Alexander Pope
09-22-2019 01:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blake2's post:
Kid Twist
Foolsgo1d Offline
Peacock

(09-22-2019 01:07 PM)Blake2 Wrote:  He predicted Assad would lose in Syria in his older videos (2015).

Assad was losing and would have lost entirely if it wasn't for the Russians.
09-22-2019 02:39 PM
911 Offline
Crow

Zeihan didn't predict that.

He makes a lot of bunk predictions, like the notion that Russia is going to attack Europe soon because the window is going to close on them, it's the neocon line. They're doing well and couldn't care less about Poland or the Baltics.

Also as some have mentioned above, no mention of internal demographic issues and cultural degradation/polarization. His read on demographics is very superficial, looking at pyramids alone.

He's a bit less out there than Friedman though, that guy is plain nuts, pure neocon foolery.

λ ό γ ο ς
09-22-2019 06:40 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like 911's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, MusicForThePiano
Kid Twist Offline
Hummingbird

(09-22-2019 06:40 PM)911 Wrote:  Also as some have mentioned above, no mention of internal demographic issues and cultural degradation/polarization. His read on demographics is very superficial, looking at pyramids alone.

Yes, mostly it has been me in this thread and in past threads about Peter.

Our concerns for the most part on this board are not economic, as far as a reasonable standard of living, because most of us are westerners and that's worlds above most of the rest of the world even if we lose a lot (but that will be a source of newfound stress and hurt for a lot of us). That's why I agree with 911 that cultural degradation is HUGE, especially when you are talking about "superpowers". As tenuous as I think the Chinese are, there is no doubt that civilization begins and is maintained with a homogeneous people. Russia with perhaps their border nations, and the Far East are the only ones in the world that remain like this, since Africa is a non-issue. I believe it is the libertarian in him that doesn't understand this very well, and as you say, leads to superficial demographic trend predictions, which by the way most have been dead wrong about regarding every topic in the world for the last 50 years.

With the wrong leaders, the USA becomes exponentially weaker. It's funny that people don't understand this fact very well, it is a very clear part of history.
09-22-2019 10:40 PM
Blake2 Offline
Robin

(09-22-2019 02:39 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 01:07 PM)Blake2 Wrote:  He predicted Assad would lose in Syria in his older videos (2015).

Assad was losing and would have lost entirely if it wasn't for the Russians.

Exactly, his prediction specifically stated that Russia wouldn't be willing to go all in with helping Assad and would that Russia would look weak after failing to protect Assad.

He was 100% wrong in this prediction.

Doesn't me that he doesn't have anything worthwhile to say, but he does make mistakes.

(09-22-2019 06:40 PM)911 Wrote:  He makes a lot of bunk predictions, like the notion that Russia is going to attack Europe soon because the window is going to close on them, it's the neocon line. They're doing well and couldn't care less about Poland or the Baltics.

Russia's GDP growth rate is 1% for 2019 and 1.7% for 2020.
They are also predicting negative growth for 2021: https://tass.com/economy/1075491

Plus, they are certainly "interested" in their neighbors (as numerous spy scandals show).

Russian and Chinese interests often conflict with the United State's interests which is why the neocons focus on them.
(https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/...-interests)

President Trump's attempt to improve relations with Russia early in his term was interesting (perhaps like the Nixon-China meeting?) but doesn't seem to be going anywhere for multiple reasons.

-Alexander Pope
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019 12:21 PM by Blake2.)
09-23-2019 12:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blake2's post:
Kid Twist
Sombro Offline
Ostrich

Quote:“Aufheben der Kultur” — Negate the Culture — is a process of systematic negation of cultures.

Have you ever noticed that multi-culturalism always seems to mean every culture but your own — whatever culture that might be? This reflects the Marcusian application of narratives operationalized by Marcuse in “Repressive Tolerance”, where words mean their opposite, such that “tolerance” is the deliberate “intolerance” of the existing social order — whatever social order that may be — and hence, multiculturalism becomes the imposition of a hostile group on a target group for the purpose of destroying it through dialectical negation — “Aufheben der Kultur!” Alongside these narratives, hate speech memes serve as enforcement mechanisms through the direct application of Habermas’s “Discourse Theory” of imposed consensus designed to suppress dissent. Of course, this is undertaken by those capable of self-empowering themselves to make such determinations as to which cultures are to be destroyed.

https://gatesofvienna.net/2019/09/muzzled-in-warsaw/
09-25-2019 09:20 PM
MusicForThePiano Offline
Woodpecker

This whole system is a house built of straw with superglue and rusted metal pipes holding it in place to prevent it from falling. The result is an eternally degrading and revealing corpse that never truly disintegrates, just gets uglier and mushier and stinkier with time.

There won't be a total collapse, it will be a metamorphosis into higher grades of mediocrity, depression, usury, obvious dialectical conflicts, cultural erosion, and human stupidity, with those hornets who have dug their hive into the only tree that produces fruit in a barren forest using their position of comfort and luxury to troll while coercing the rest of the insects into a shamed and empty existence. Termites and locusts will thrive in this forest because they will take what they can from the exposed fauna who have been cheated, by the hive of greedy hornets.

Perhaps if the entire forest burns down then nature can resume its intended course?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019 10:34 PM by MusicForThePiano.)
09-25-2019 10:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MusicForThePiano's post:
JiggyLordJr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The United Nations (UN) is facing bankruptcy Roosh 25 1,769 Today 01:53 AM
Last Post: Sword and Board
  The Trump Wall(tm). Predictions. Leonard D Neubache 231 67,968 10-01-2019 01:43 AM
Last Post: Roosh
  Predictions for the 2020s JiggyLordJr 135 17,974 09-17-2019 09:55 PM
Last Post: Kid Twist