I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

I'm sad. Please cheer me up.
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I'm sad. Please cheer me up.
If you have had a rough day, like I am having, how about you say so here and people will say nice things to you to make you feel better.

It's like the Prayer Request thread, but for people who aren't quite in that sect. It's just a spot to do something nice for your down-on-their-luck brothers.

Send me sone aloha. I am happy to be the first to be digitally cuddled, so fire away.

Aloha!
09-17-2019 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 16 users Like Kona's post:
arafat scarf, Laner, doc holliday, Handsome Creepy Eel, spokepoker, Leonard D Neubache, Going strong, debeguiled, Samseau, Sankt Michael, Zenta, bacani, polar, , Speculation, DJ-Matt
questor70 Offline
Ostrich

RE: I'm sad. Please cheer me up.
It would be easier to do prior to the change in forum rules if you know what I mean.

[Image: 273732d1177818509-hawaiian-tropic-girls-...under5.jpg]
09-17-2019 07:41 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like questor70's post:
DogLover, Kona, Solitaire, Handsome Creepy Eel, Checkmat, spokepoker, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, eradicator, MusicForThePiano, Buck Wild, Going strong, Latan, Syberpunk, debeguiled, Zenta, bacani, ChefAllDay, PapayaTapper, polar, Speculation, DJ-Matt
Dusty Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Cheer up Kona, Chanukah is coming!

Take care of those titties for me.
09-17-2019 07:41 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Dusty's post:
Kona, spokepoker, Leonard D Neubache, Transsimian, debeguiled, DJ-Matt
Spectrumwalker Offline
Kingfisher

A wise man once told me Busch line of products cure a variety of ailments. Work day is done here and Ima crack 25oz can open for ya. Cheers Kona.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
09-17-2019 07:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
Kona, spokepoker
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

A woman walks into a bar. The bartender says “Hi, welcome. Anheuser Busche?”

She smiles and blushes slightly and says “fine, and how is your penis”?

Aloha!

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 08:50 PM by eradicator.)
09-17-2019 08:03 PM
[-] The following 26 users Like eradicator's post:
Spectrumwalker, doc holliday, Dusty, Handsome Creepy Eel, Suits, Kona, spokepoker, Cr33pin, Isaac Jordan, BBinger, Tactician, RDF, Leonard D Neubache, MusicForThePiano, Matsufubu, Emancipator, Buck Wild, JiggyLordJr, debeguiled, Garuda, Brodiaga, polar, , wi30, Winston Wolfe, DJ-Matt
DogLover Offline
Sparrow

Kona - it would help if you told us why you were sad. But regardless, this old Taoist parable may put your situation in perspective:

It's about a poor farmer in ancient China who worked a small plot of land with his son. During this time horses were considered a sign of wealth, as they were valuable for their work on the farm. One day the man's only horse ran away. His neighbor said "That's terrible! How will you plow the fields?" The farmer simply shrugged and said "Who know's what's good or bad". The next day, the horse returned - with five wild horses! The neighbor said "How lucky you are!", but the man simply said “Who knows what’s good or bad?" Soon after, the farmer's son was trying to train the wild horse, when he was thrown, breaking his leg. The neighbor said "That's terrible - you're only son, and with the harvest season coming soon...how will you survive??" But the man simply shrugged and said "Who knows what is good or bad?” The next day the Army rode through town, conscripting all young men to fight in a war. But they did not take the farmer's son because of the broken leg.

The next day the neighbor's farm house burnt down. He was about to scream and curse but, remembering the farmer next door, he simply said "Who knows that's good or bad?"
09-17-2019 08:06 PM
[-] The following 17 users Like DogLover's post:
doc holliday, Kona, spokepoker, BBinger, Tactician, Leonard D Neubache, MusicForThePiano, Buck Wild, Going strong, questor70, hlingzing, debeguiled, Samseau, Sankt Michael, Garuda, bacani, DJ-Matt
doc holliday Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I could tell you about my last month where I've lost a 100K side gig, two cars, one of which my son totaled, had to pay the city of Chicago a $1000.00 fine because they say I don't have a proper permit for my outdoor sign, had a water leakage damage from the ceiling of my apartment from the upstairs people's air conditioning and a nasty ear infection which took 3 weeks to go away. Oh and now I have to move to a smaller apartment since I lost my side gig and have kids in college along with my ongoing child support and alimony payments. And I have no car so now I have to take the train to work and borrow my ex-wife's car when I need a car. I could tell you all that but instead...

Here man, watch some fights from your boy Bob Probert.

Then watch your St Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup just 3 months ago.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 08:25 PM by doc holliday.)
09-17-2019 08:11 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like doc holliday's post:
Nemausus, Checkmat, Kona, spokepoker, BBinger, Going strong, Monty_Brogan, Laner, Samseau, Diop, bacani
Handsome Creepy Eel Online
Owl
Gold Member

Believe it or not, I've just recently been reminded of you after passing a B&B on the Croatian riviera called "Aloha Apartments"!

[Image: Aloha_f3c71dfb8635.jpg]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019 08:24 PM by Handsome Creepy Eel.)
09-17-2019 08:24 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Kona, spokepoker, BBinger, Tactician, Going strong
Checkmat Offline
Pelican

^ Inspired by Doc Holliday's

"There's no such thing as different but equal." -Dante Nero
09-17-2019 08:26 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Checkmat's post:
doc holliday, Kona
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(09-17-2019 08:06 PM)DogLover Wrote:  Kona - it would help if you told us why you were sad.

Mahalo to all of you for the kind words.

Let's just say the normal sources of my problems, the white man and the Jews, can't be blamed here. These are all me.

I got woman and work problems. I'm disappointed in my self. My egotiscitalness and stubbornness got in the way and people that trust and depend on me were let down. There are people that call me "captain" and I have not lived up to the title these last few days. I don't know if either fronts are repairable, but I'm going to try.

But these nice compliments and fables are helpful. Also, when I say I have woman problems, please don't ask if that means I'm on my period, I already heard that one.

Aloha!
09-17-2019 09:17 PM
[-] The following 23 users Like Kona's post:
spokepoker, BBinger, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Tactician, doc holliday, eradicator, Leonard D Neubache, Buck Wild, Handsome Creepy Eel, Going strong, Latan, hlingzing, Laner, debeguiled, Samseau, Sankt Michael, DogLover, bacani, PapayaTapper, Brodiaga, polar, Speculation, DJ-Matt
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Are you pregnant?

Aloha!

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
09-17-2019 09:20 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like eradicator's post:
Kona, spokepoker, doc holliday, Tactician, MusicForThePiano, Handsome Creepy Eel, Going strong, bacani, wi30, DJ-Matt
TigOlBitties Offline
Woodpecker

Head to Ka'ena Point in a little bit and watch one of those beautiful Hawaiian sunsets. One of the best spots on the island.
09-17-2019 09:21 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like TigOlBitties's post:
Kona, spokepoker, eradicator, doc holliday, Going strong, bacani
BlastbeatCasanova Online
Kingfisher

Whenever I’m sad I try to be remind myself and be thankful that I’m not paralyzed, ugly, or have some other negative health issue. Try to look on the bright side, old chap. Things’ll turn up.
09-17-2019 09:29 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like BlastbeatCasanova's post:
Kona, spokepoker, doc holliday, Going strong, DogLover, bacani
Rocha Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

You stopped being funny a while ago. So after this thread it can only be upwards.

Hope this cheers you up.

"Поехали!!" (Yuri Gagarin, 1961)

Twitter - Роча
09-17-2019 09:36 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Rocha's post:
Kona, Handsome Creepy Eel, idolatry, bacani
TigerMandingo Offline
Banned

Can’t tel if OP is serious or joking, since he pops into every thread making some wise-crack and has that “I’m too cool for school” attitude.
09-17-2019 10:22 PM
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

If a man says he's feeling sad, it might be more serious than you think.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
09-17-2019 10:44 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like spokepoker's post:
eradicator, Kona, Buck Wild, Samseau, Zenta, bacani, joost
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

(09-17-2019 09:17 PM)Kona Wrote:  
(09-17-2019 08:06 PM)DogLover Wrote:  Kona - it would help if you told us why you were sad.

Mahalo to all of you for the kind words.

Let's just say the normal sources of my problems, the white man and the Jews, can't be blamed here.

Aloha!

Never quit on trying to blame Jews or the Haole. Just when personal responsibility seems inevitable you're bound to have a moment of inspiration and make the connection.

Alternately don't let your damn-fool pride get the best of you. Wait until the fires have died down and then apologize to the people you've let down, even if you don't think they'll forgive you. Just putting this on your to-do list will make you feel better, but make sure to follow through when the time is right.

These people looked to you for a reason and they will again if you bounce back and live up to your reputation.

Aloha!

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
09-18-2019 12:48 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Kona, Handsome Creepy Eel, Going strong, PapayaTapper
No More Mr. Soy Boy Offline
Woodpecker

What many maybe didn't know is that ALOHA (Aloha) is so much more than just a simple useless Hawaii phrase used after a forum post.

Actually, it has a much longer history to it than people think and it was the first so called random access method that was developed in University of Hawaii in the early 1970's. It was designed for radio LAN but it can be used on any shared medium.

When several stations shares the same medium it is obvious that there are potential collisions on this type of arrangement. It was one of the flaws with ALOHA but neither the less it was the type of protocol of that sort that everything else is based on. It was the big pioneer of this type of communication protocols!

So when a station sends data on the line, another station may attempt to send their data too at the same time and then the data from the two stations collide and become garbled.

Here's a small lecture on ALOHA that will cheer you up.

As you can see, to assess Pure ALOHA, there is a need to predict its throughput and rate of (successful) transmission of frames.

[Image: 450px-Pure_ALOHA.svg.png]

The probability during any particular period would then be t=(2n+1)T to t=(2n+2)T

[Image: tu4O9be.png]

wheras the probability that both the independent events will occur simultaneously is

[Image: 9eQCCGD.png]

But if you would consider N nodes attempt to send data at time T, you would have to make the simple calculation of the probablity of a successful transmission on the nod:

[Image: Fq9Qvn9.png]

So below you see an example of different troughputs, where S reaches peak value of 1/e = 0.368 at load G = 1 which proves that all frames do follow Tanenbaum. Very important.

[Image: Z9s9VMK.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019 03:02 AM by No More Mr. Soy Boy.)
09-18-2019 02:55 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like No More Mr. Soy Boy's post:
spokepoker, Kona, Handsome Creepy Eel, loremipsum, debeguiled, Samseau, bacani, Checkmat, eradicator
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

Does T/t=Tenenbaum? I was thinking it was telemetry, or telecommunication.
Now I must punch in every post of Kona's into my trig calc.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019 03:32 AM by spokepoker.)
09-18-2019 03:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes spokepoker's post:
Kona
tomzestatlu Offline
Kingfisher

09-18-2019 03:44 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like tomzestatlu's post:
Kona, Syberpunk, eradicator
RawGod Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Maybe the Jews and the White man have been taking a breather, but I'm sure they'll be back in stride before you know it. Just gotta have faith.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.
09-18-2019 04:25 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like RawGod's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Kona
Handsome Creepy Eel Online
Owl
Gold Member

(09-18-2019 02:55 AM)No More Mr. Soy Boy Wrote:  What many maybe didn't know is that ALOHA (Aloha) is so much more than just a simple useless Hawaii phrase used after a forum post.

HOW DARE YOU

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
09-18-2019 04:46 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Leonard D Neubache, debeguiled, Kona, OskuroPekenyo, DJ-Matt, Tactician
Krabbypatty Offline
Sparrow

It takes a lot of courage to admit when you’re sad or feel defeated. I’ve been through miserable times in my life - a couple of which I thought were insurmountable at that time. When we’re finally up again, it’s good to look back at those tough times. Now those periods in our lives seems like something we just smile about - a lesson learned and something to be thankful for.

In my experience, woman and work issues are two of the worst. I started with this gaming thing at a younger age. I remember I had a gf when I was 19, and had girls on the side - including cousins who knew I was with both of them. I didn’t start very young but it was young enough that at my age now, I have ample of experience with women. I wasn’t a late bloomer when it comes to women so to speak. However, there were always women who seemed to be my match. They just knew how to press the right buttons to make me feel insecure or confident. I was like a dog on a leash. They knew how to make me happy or sad. I remember at least two women who made me feel this way. Looking back, I’m eternally grateful that I did not end up with any of them. One hit the wall pretty bad. And the other one I realize I find unattractive now as compared to the girls I’ve recently been with. Being with them was a nightmare but it made me a better man. Nowadays, I’ve learned to dress better, style my hair the right way, and max my looks (as forum members here describe that endeavor in one thread). I believe I’m only 80% in maxing out my looks as I don’t have the discipline and time to work out right now. I hope to do better on it, but that’s a different topic. However, I get compliments from girls I meet when traveling and I get good results nowadays. I’ve always have a good jive with women. But now, I don’t let anyone make me feel like I’m not good enough for them. I dictate my happiness, and they can be part of it if they’d like to. I also learned that finding the hottest girl is not what makes me happy. Instead I just want an attractive girl to have fun with and have a nice conversation with. I no longer chase women. I built and continue to build myself so that women gets attracted to me and all these gaming thing becomes natural. I have no control on who will like me. Fortunately, there’s plenty of options to make me happy. Many of them may not be in my backyard, but they’re just a stone throw away.

Work is a different animal. In my line of work, I’ve learned to stay below the radar. I just do my job and get out of there. I made some good investments during my younger years. Right timing, hard work, and well-thought risk-taking worked well in my favor. My financial situation is similar to someone 20-30 years my senior in my line of work. I used to enjoy humbly bragging about these achievements to my coworkers who I knew were secretly and not-so-secretly hating on me. I knew it made them more pissed off behind their fake smiles. Lol. Nowadays, I no longer care what they think. I am also secure knowing that if the you-know-what hits the fan, that I could just sell everything and live a new life else where. I could retire in other parts or the world with a well-budgeted financial planning now or in a few years if I’d like to. However, I’m still weary of uncertainty and I’d like to keep my status quo for now, as long as I could.

I’ve also stayed away from people who have negative effects in my life. There are people that feel like weights that are pulling you down. I don’t need them in my life. I’d rather meet new people who I could learn from or at least be neutral in my growth.

Happiness is not fixed. It’s always a moving target. I hope to find that contentment that will make me happy, like probably meeting my life partner before I hit a certain age. I have time. In fact, I’ve already met some good candidates. However, I’m not yet ready. I also know that they won’t be there when I’m ready. But I know there’s more in the horizon. Try to identify what will make you happy and contented. Many of us are just a couple or so decades away from leaving this world or when our body is no longer what it used to be. Things could go wrong earlier if you get diagnosed with life-changing medical condition that you have no control of. Happiness should not be a never-ending search. I’m living the life now. Someday I’d like to slow down and look back knowing that I made the most out of this life.

If you feel like you’re in a slump, define your next goal. And start working on it when you’re ready. Whatever makes you sad now, it is just temporary. Someday you will look back and smile about this.

Aloha!
09-18-2019 05:11 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Krabbypatty's post:
spokepoker, hlingzing, Syberpunk, Kona, bacani
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

How are those people pulling you down? - Kind of a general question to everyone, what is a person that you feel is puling you down? What do they act like to you? What do they say?

09-18-2019 05:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes spokepoker's post:
Kona
Krabbypatty Offline
Sparrow

Sometimes there are people in our lives that are better to stay away from. I’ve had friends who borrowed significant amounts of money and never paid them. These so-called friends have money to party or travel but never seriously tried to pay me back. I asked a few times and I’m done asking them. There are family members or friends who are always there if they need something but are never available when you need them even if it is just for their time when you need someone to talk to. There are also people in toxic relationships that are better off separating - I know someone who have done this recently and is in a much better situation now.

By the way, in my previous post I had to dig down and remember those worst times in my life as empathy towards someone who may be feeling down right now. In moments like these, we also need to remind ourselves of the positive attributes or experiences that we’ve had. Looking back, I might have conveyed something that could be misconstrued. Some things could have been better left unsaid. But if you are in a very tough and dark situation right now, just remember how awesome you are and how all of these will just be a small part of the past someday.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019 08:28 AM by Krabbypatty.)
09-18-2019 07:51 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Krabbypatty's post:
spokepoker, Syberpunk, Kona, bacani

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Frat suspended after video of member giving oral while brothers cheer on is leaked Wutang 39 14,428 10-09-2015 11:55 AM
Last Post: General Stalin
  Brazil redhead beats up car with hammer, people cheer afterwards Spike 18 9,351 12-17-2012 11:38 AM
Last Post: Walderschmidt
  Women and the Olympics: cheer for your country or the hotter team? JohnKreese 14 7,496 08-01-2012 01:57 AM
Last Post: Vicious