I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Man drowns while proposing to his girlfriend underwater
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Man drowns while proposing to his girlfriend underwater
I don't understand why men feel compelled to propose in a creative way. This method was also dangerous.

Quote:A US man drowned attempting an underwater marriage proposal while on holiday with his girlfriend.

Haunting footage shows Steven Weber Jr., of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, popping the question to his partner in a swimming pool in Tanzania, East Africa, this week.

The video ends before the American, who worked at an addiction centre in Louisiana, started to drown.

It is believed he ran out of breath and fell unconscious underwater in the pool which had glass windows on its side.

His heartbroken girlfriend Kenesha Antoine, who is an attorney, posted about the tragedy on Facebook.

She wrote: “There are no words adequate enough to honour the beautiful soul that is Steven Weber, Jr. You were a bright light to everyone you encountered.

“You never emerged from those depths, so you never got to hear my answer, “Yes! Yes! A million times, yes, I will marry you!!"

“We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruelest twist of fate imaginable.”

In the clip, Steven can be seen wearing flippers and googles while holding a message on a sheet of paper which is protected by a plastic sleeve.

Meanwhile, Kenesha can be heard screeching with excitement as she reads the double sided piece of paper before her boyfriend gets a ring box out of his pocket.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9975637/am...-tanzania/

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
09-21-2019 03:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 9 users Like Roosh's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Going strong, CynicalContrarian, KnjazMihailo, Benoit, JiggyLordJr, Latan, Captainstabbin, jordypip23
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Man drowns while proposing to his girlfriend underwater
What’s the moral of the story?

Don’t do a stupid proposal? Or don’t get married at all?

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
09-21-2019 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like eradicator's post:
Andersson, travolta, Latan
Samseau Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Wow, really tragic and silly mistake that cost him his life. He just loved his girl and wanted to make her happy by showing off for the proposal. Women love romantic stuff like this. But he seriously miscalculated a bunch of things. Without knowing the rest of the parameters of this pool, I cannot say for sure if he was being reckless or just got extremely unlucky.

Contributor at Return of Kings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
09-21-2019 04:02 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Samseau's post:
Wayout, KnjazMihailo, Repo, HermeticAlly, Latan, Brosemite
Repo Offline
Hummingbird

Has got to be more to the story. I dont think most people would consider swimming underwater in a pool dangerous. Did he have a seizure or something? How the hell was there nobody around to pull him out in time?
09-21-2019 04:08 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Repo's post:
billbudsocket, spokepoker, MajorStyles, Benoit, JiggyLordJr, Teedub, debeguiled, Simeon_Strangelight, Latan
sonoran_ Offline
Woodpecker

Proposals have become an attention whoring phenomena to try and 1 up someone else in your social circle. Everything about a wedding is a scam.
09-21-2019 04:11 PM
[-] The following 16 users Like sonoran_'s post:
, Handsome Creepy Eel, VNvet, TigOlBitties, Buck Wild, Benoit, JiggyLordJr, Syberpunk, Teedub, Solitaire, Player_1337, DJ-Matt, Professor Fox, RDF, Latan, jordypip23
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

There has to be more to this story. Who drowns in a swimming pool? The guy was young and appears to know how to swim.

Also, jumping in a pool and proposing underwater is a retarded idea. Not for safety reasons it just doesn't make any sense. I can understand doing it while scuba diving... that way you have air and can enjoy the moment together if you are both diving enthusiasts. That would be a cool story to tell... but in a pool?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019 04:21 PM by RIslander.)
09-21-2019 04:19 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like RIslander's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Going strong, KnjazMihailo, JiggyLordJr, bucky, Latan
Going strong Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Statistically, bodies of water are the most dangerous places of Africa, on account of the hippos (and proposals, seemingly). That or the dude staged his death and escaped to Vegas, considering?
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019 04:56 PM by Going strong.)
09-21-2019 04:54 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Going strong's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, KnjazMihailo, MusicForThePiano, HermeticAlly, Latan
VNvet Offline
Woodpecker

(09-21-2019 04:08 PM)Repo Wrote:  Has got to be more to the story. I dont think most people would consider swimming underwater in a pool dangerous. Did he have a seizure or something? How the hell was there nobody around to pull him out in time?

He was under for at least 45 seconds, but probably over a minute. That's black out range unless he was a trained freediver.

As for no one jumping in to get him... it's Africa.
09-21-2019 06:11 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like VNvet's post:
WalterBlack, Handsome Creepy Eel, BBinger, Latan
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(09-21-2019 04:19 PM)RIslander Wrote:  Who drowns in a swimming pool?

All kinds of people. Lots can go wrong.

I wonder if he brought the diamond ring to Africa or bought it from a warlord when he got there?

Aloha!
09-21-2019 06:28 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Kona's post:
Leonard D Neubache, BBinger, JiggyLordJr, Syberpunk, arafat scarf, PapayaTapper, Jones, Latan
CynicalContrarian Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(09-21-2019 03:58 PM)eradicator Wrote:  What’s the moral of the story?

Don’t do a stupid proposal? Or don’t get married at all?

Taco girl :
"Why not both?"
09-21-2019 07:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes CynicalContrarian's post:
Latan
Oz. Offline
Pelican

How long do you think it’ll be before she’s over the experience and back on the market?

(11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.
09-21-2019 08:19 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Oz.'s post:
MajorStyles, CynicalContrarian, loremipsum, Handsome Creepy Eel, Latan
Dilated Offline
Sparrow

^ Tinder. Tonight.
09-21-2019 09:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Dilated's post:
Going strong, Latan
TigOlBitties Offline
Woodpecker

(09-21-2019 04:11 PM)sonoran_ Wrote:  Proposals have become an attention whoring phenomena to try and 1 up someone else in your social circle. Everything about a wedding is a scam.

Agreed. The most cringe worthy part is when men get down on a knee and submit to a woman. Then Princess gets to make the entire overpriced wedding process about her and only her. Boggles my mind that men put up with this. Seems like a ton of unnecessary headaches, but I guess it's a good prelude to marriage with a modern, Western woman.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019 10:16 PM by TigOlBitties.)
09-21-2019 10:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigOlBitties's post:
bucky
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

My guess is that the adrenaline spike triggered a non-water related issue like a heart palpitation that resulted in him drowning.

These public proposals are indeed stupid, egotistical and frankly a bit creepy. I suspect in many cases they're done in order to ensure the woman feels pressured by the crowd not to say no. But that's not the most striking thing about the article.

Quote:She wrote: “There are no words adequate enough to honour the beautiful soul that is Steven Weber, Jr. You were a bright light to everyone you encountered.

“You never emerged from those depths, so you never got to hear my answer, “Yes! Yes! A million times, yes, I will marry you!!"

“We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruelest twist of fate imaginable.”

[Image: OpenOrneryBellsnake-size_restricted.gif]

I know my wife well enough to say that if I died then she'd have been spending the next month on suicide watch. Not writing the kind of eulogy you'd expect to see on facebook from random fans when their celebrigod du-jour died of a cocaine overdose. Maybe someone else wrote it for her and she just gave it the thumbs up but I get the sense that she knew true love like a fat kid knew a five minute mile.

RIP, well-meaning dude. In another less retarded time you would still be alive.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019 10:45 PM by Leonard D Neubache.)
09-21-2019 10:45 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Yatagan, Buck Wild, KnjazMihailo, Kona, etwsake, MusicForThePiano, Handsome Creepy Eel, Teedub, VNvet, robreke, bucky, , Jones, DJ-Matt, Professor Fox, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Simeon_Strangelight, AManLikePutin, NikNik, Latan, jordypip23
JiggyLordJr Offline
Robin

I'll be the first to say this is Darwinism at work. If you're stupid enough to propose underwater then you weren't going to last much longer anyway, especially somewhere with as much natural hazards as Africa.

If it wasn't today, it probably would have been on the honeymoon, where he'd strut over to their love hut on top a lion. He'd probably think he was the African Don Juan right before the lion mauls him out of spite. People like this have a knack for getting killed doing dumb shit - think when, not if.
09-22-2019 01:46 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Going strong, eradicator
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

He wasn't in a pool he was staying in one of these over the water villa things. It has an underwater bedroom in the open ocean:

[Image: the-underwater-room.jpg]

I've stayed in places like that. Shoddy Thai surf camps when younger and recently in Tahiti w/ my woman. Never in an underwater bedroom though. I do remember thinking how the building standards and controls are a bit lax and most necessary repairs are handled with bribery in those parts of the world.

The one in Tahiti had a deck you could walk out on with a glass bottom that was slightly underwater. The was a sign somewhere in the room that said "even if you're gonna propose to some black lady, do not swim under the window" I swam under it anyway, but I've been in the water my whole life. This guy hadn't.

Aloha!
09-22-2019 03:09 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like Kona's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Handsome Creepy Eel, Samseau, arafat scarf, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Simeon_Strangelight, Latan, DamienCasanova, Captainstabbin
MusicForThePiano Offline
Woodpecker

Well if his ill-advised method of proposing didn't kill him, the marriage would have sooner or later.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019 04:04 AM by MusicForThePiano.)
09-22-2019 04:03 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like MusicForThePiano's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Syberpunk, Handsome Creepy Eel, Going strong, VNvet, eradicator, DJ-Matt, JiggyLordJr, Lovinglife
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

He wouldn't have been this try hard, if he was drowning in pussy.
09-22-2019 04:37 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Syberpunk's post:
Going strong, Handsome Creepy Eel, , DJ-Matt, Latan
Pinkman Offline
Sparrow

(09-21-2019 04:02 PM)Samseau Wrote:  Wow, really tragic and silly mistake that cost him his life. He just loved his girl and wanted to make her happy by showing off for the proposal. Women love romantic stuff like this. But he seriously miscalculated a bunch of things. Without knowing the rest of the parameters of this pool, I cannot say for sure if he was being reckless or just got extremely unlucky.

They love it as an ego boost, but they will lose attraction and respect for you if you do it. It's extremely beta to propose or do anything "romantic" in a pre-planned matter. As soon as you do, she instinctively knows your genes are weak.
09-22-2019 05:09 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Pinkman's post:
mr-ed209, VNvet, Bienvenuto, bucky,
An0dyne Offline
Pigeon

(09-22-2019 03:09 AM)Kona Wrote:  He wasn't in a pool he was staying in one of these over the water villa things. It has an underwater bedroom in the open ocean:

[Image: the-underwater-room.jpg]

I've stayed in places like that. Shoddy Thai surf camps when younger and recently in Tahiti w/ my woman. Never in an underwater bedroom though. I do remember thinking how the building standards and controls are a bit lax and most necessary repairs are handled with bribery in those parts of the world.

The one in Tahiti had a deck you could walk out on with a glass bottom that was slightly underwater. The was a sign somewhere in the room that said "even if you're gonna propose to some black lady, do not swim under the window" I swam under it anyway, but I've been in the water my whole life. This guy hadn't.

Aloha!

This being an underwater bedroom makes much more sense. At first I was confused, as if it was a pool it seemed as if he was swimming to the surface at the end of the video. But if this was open ocean, the surface may have been a considerable number of feet higher, and he may have panicked on the way up and drowned. Very sad.
09-22-2019 05:23 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like An0dyne's post:
Going strong, Beyond Borders
Going strong Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(09-21-2019 10:45 PM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  RIP, well-meaning dude. In another less retarded time you would still be alive.

In less retarded times, mind you, a quite tall and almost handsome employed White man would not have proposed a very ugly short "African" woman (who kinda looks like a trans teen).

[Image: NINTCHDBPICT000523916202.jpg?w=620]

Poor hapless dude looked like Radek Stepanek, and this below is Stepanek's wife:

[Image: 695984-img-vaidisova-a-radek-stepanek.jpg]
Married, divorced, then married again this cutie. And, she's wealthy too

Well, to each his own, I guess... But, it looks like "Darwinism" at play indeed. With same looks and height, some men thrive and some fail: life and fate can be cruel, especially if one makes all the wrong choices.

Edit, regarding the post above: the still, clear blue water in the video, does not look like ocean open water, it looks like swimming-pool water.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019 07:08 AM by Going strong.)
09-22-2019 07:06 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Going strong's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, VNvet, Jones, MusicForThePiano, DJ-Matt, JiggyLordJr
Dusty Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(09-22-2019 07:06 AM)Going strong Wrote:  [Image: NINTCHDBPICT000523916202.jpg?w=620]

NOT allow.

Take care of those titties for me.
09-22-2019 12:08 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Dusty's post:
DJ-Matt, Benoit, MikeInRealLife
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(09-21-2019 04:08 PM)Repo Wrote:  Has got to be more to the story. I dont think most people would consider swimming underwater in a pool dangerous. Did he have a seizure or something? How the hell was there nobody around to pull him out in time?

I'm with you. This seems like a fairly sweet, tame little proposal that somehow went wrong and is a sad situation.

It isn't like he tried to jump from a plane and parachute into the pool or something and got tangled up in cords.

Girl lost her boyfriend and is sad about it as she deserves to be, keeping the focus on him and not herself.

Unless some other information comes out, there is no lesson here, just a tragedy.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung
09-22-2019 12:16 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like debeguiled's post:
Repo, Cr33pin, Samseau, Beyond Borders, Aurini
Goldin Boy Offline
Pelican

While is proposal was beta as hell, why didn't he just use a scuba suit with one of those self-contained oxygen tanks and breathing masks instead of just holding his breath? He clearly didn't think this through.

Agree with Going Strong, girl is ugly, not necessarily because she's African but she not attractive and you can tell by the look in her eyes she knows that she's punching way above her weight.

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019 01:18 PM by Goldin Boy.)
09-22-2019 01:17 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Goldin Boy's post:
Going strong, Jones, Benoit
Jones Offline
Woodpecker

This story is the ultimate romantic black comedy.

[Image: skynews-steven-weber-kesha-antoine_4781418.jpg]

"I can't hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you."

It's right there. He knew he could have died, and did.

Of course this was just more attention whoring for social media leading to death, as per other Roosh threads on the vain deaths by selfie takers.

He had to stay underwater long enough to get this picture/video and didn't leave enough time to get back to surface for oxygen.

He clearly loved this woman to do this poorly planned and risky instagram/facebook stunt.

It looks like there is also writing on the back, which would mean more time underwater, flipping the page over to have her read both sides.

If he had just wrote, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" he may still be alive.

As for her, I agree with what Leonard said.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019 05:04 PM by Jones.)
09-22-2019 04:59 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Jones's post:
Samseau, Going strong, Benoit, Latan, bucky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Woman drowns because dad didn't want strange men to touch her tomtud 0 1,629 08-10-2015 07:07 PM
Last Post: tomtud
Heart Women proposing to men Parlay44 5 2,759 02-04-2012 10:06 PM
Last Post: Parlay44