I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Gimme the scoop on cultural diversity & white privilege
Solitaire Offline
Robin

Gimme the scoop on cultural diversity & white privilege
So as some of you know already, I'm a nurse, and my specialty is psych. I've been doing this for 25+ years now. I recently relocated, back to my adopted hometown (in the Northwest FLA area), and just started at a new hospital. I'm in the orientation phase of this new job, which means sitting through hours & days of fire safety, where's the pharmacy, etc etc etc.

On last week Thursday, I began to sit through a presentation by a local African American pastor who has been teaching various classes for the last 30 years, apparently (according to him, at least). His talk was about cultural diversity, which is a big thing nowadays. I had to endure a few lectures about the subject over in California.

As he talked, my mind wandered a bit. I looked ahead at the presentation, thanks to a printout of the PowerPoint slides. There was about six introductory slides, asking pat questions like, "What do you feel your level of cultural understanding is?" When I turned to the following pages, there were no less than a dozen slides about "White Privilege," which set of alarm bells in my head - so this is where this fellow is going with this, after all... (I actually left the lecture, and gave an excuse about feeling ill, which was kinda true.)

What I'm asking for here is: give me some talking points that counter this narrative that's basically taking over academia and now, yes I know it's scary to say, but this craziness is infecting workplace environments such as hospitals. My buddy said something along the lines of "this is attempting to fight racism with racism."

Anyone out there that can expand on this for me?
09-22-2019 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Solitaire's post:
debeguiled, Syberpunk, Days of Broken Arrows, Samseau, Richard Turpin
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Gimme the scoop on cultural diversity & white privilege
Do you want "keep my job" talking points or "lose my job" talking points?

I would say "lose my job" talking points is doing any talking at all.

And "keep my job" strategy is to cringe, apologize, and take it.

Here is a good three part documentary on what happened recently at Evergreen State.

It is comprehensive and as short as you are going to get.

Don't do what Brett and Heather did. They don't have their jobs.

Do what George and the cringing woman in the beginning of the first video did.

Obviously there is a spirit of macabre humor in this post, however, there are plenty of examples of the talking points in these videos that might be used against you, and forewarned is forearmed.

Seriously though, dissent is not only a sign of your white privilege, it is a sign of your white fragility, meaning not only disagreeing, but feeling any negative emotion are both signs of racial animus on your part, so avoid both.

Also, you will find that many words have been redefined, so any attempts to defend yourself will immediately give away the fact that you don't know the new definitions of things, meaning you are swimming in privilege, fragility, and general hate.

You might want to do a search on microaggressions, since many simple, common phrases are now considered poker-like tells of internalized racism.

It might be safe only to say that you are here just to listen, and that you will do your best to encourage other white people to listen, although this could be racist since what you think is initiative is appropriation. You would be appropriated the opportunity to make other people listen from someone who deserves it more than you.

“That sig BTW is a very asinine anti-family anti-parent quote. You live in a country where 40% of children grow up without a biological father, yet somehow “the greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents”? Sorry but this is fruity Boomer nonsense.”

09-22-2019 02:33 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like debeguiled's post:
Solitaire, BBinger, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, DogLover, eradicator, Dream Medicine, Captainstabbin, RawGod, Benoit, Leonard D Neubache, Days of Broken Arrows, Teedub, kruger41, Renzy, Muffuguh, DamienCasanova, Samseau, Richard Turpin, It_is_my_time, Hillbilly, Sankt Michael
TigOlBitties Offline
Kingfisher

They will never stop with this shit, no matter how much the evil, straight white man gives them. Their whole ideology is being an oppressed victim and convincing people they're oppressed to gain power. It's all about power and control. Whether it's Marxism, social justice, environmentalism, whatever. They love making people walk on eggshells, and the State is their God. The amount of brainwashing going on right now, especially to children, is absolutely insane.

Learn to accept it and bend over in your working environment, or find another way to make money.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019 03:13 PM by TigOlBitties.)
09-22-2019 03:09 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like TigOlBitties's post:
Solitaire, debeguiled, Syberpunk, MajorStyles, Player_1337, questor70, DogLover, Benoit, Simeon_Strangelight, Leonard D Neubache, Teedub, Salinger, JiggyLordJr, kruger41, Renzy, Muffuguh, DamienCasanova, MKE-Ed, Richard Turpin, Hillbilly, Sankt Michael
TigerMandingo Offline
Banned

Bring a bucket of fried chicken and watermelon to the next presentation.
09-22-2019 03:12 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like TigerMandingo's post:
The Catalyst, Syberpunk, VNvet, Yatagan, Latan, MusicForThePiano, Simeon_Strangelight, JiggyLordJr, Suits, Muffuguh, Samseau
Solitaire Offline
Robin

(09-22-2019 03:09 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  They will never stop with this shit, no matter how much the evil, straight white man gives them. Their whole ideology is being an oppressed victim and convincing people they're oppressed to gain power. It's all about power and control. Whether it's Marxism, social justice, environmentalism, whatever. They love making people walk on eggshells, and the State is their God. The amount of brainwashing going on right now, especially to children, is absolutely insane.

Learn to accept it and bend over in your working environment, or find another way to make money.

Yeah, the latter is happening. I'm making plans with a life-long friend to open a business which is completely unrelated to what I do now, and leave this present nonsense behind. I believe your statements: It won't matter how much is given, it will never be enough. It's already not enough. It's infuriating to watch an entire roomful of people acquiesce to a single speaker ...
09-22-2019 03:17 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Solitaire's post:
TigOlBitties, debeguiled, BBinger, Syberpunk, robreke, Latan, Muffuguh
TheFinalEpic Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

[Image: 99509435.jpg]

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.
09-22-2019 03:56 PM
[-] The following 14 users Like TheFinalEpic's post:
Pinkman, VNvet, Latan, Syberpunk, MusicForThePiano, Cr33pin, eradicator, Dusty, DogLover, Benoit, Monkey Business, Manbeline, kruger41, Samseau
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

09-22-2019 04:05 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Syberpunk's post:
debeguiled, Latan, Brother Abdul Majeed, Samseau, Hillbilly
qwertyuiop Offline
Woodpecker

(09-22-2019 03:09 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  They will never stop with this shit, no matter how much the evil, straight white man gives them. Their whole ideology is being an oppressed victim and convincing people they're oppressed to gain power. It's all about power and control. Whether it's Marxism, social justice, environmentalism, whatever. They love making people walk on eggshells, and the State is their God. The amount of brainwashing going on right now, especially to children, is absolutely insane.

Pretty much. It's a power grab by appealing to the emotions. They can't seemingly compete so they do this to stay relevant. Anyone who attacks them is immediately send packing.

Notice you won't find any of this shit in areas with shit pay and/or shitty working conditions (the oilfield, mining, etc).

You'll find it in engineering, investment banking, etc and other jobs where there is a lot of money and power.
09-22-2019 04:47 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like qwertyuiop's post:
Syberpunk, Latan, Solitaire
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(09-22-2019 03:12 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  Bring a bucket of fried chicken and watermelon to the next presentation.

Don't forget hot sauce.
09-22-2019 04:50 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Syberpunk's post:
Latan, debeguiled
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(09-22-2019 02:01 PM)Solitaire Wrote:  I actually left the lecture, and gave an excuse about feeling ill, which was kinda true.

Yeah, white privilege makes me sick too...

That's a joke, I really don't give a shit. Somebody like my grandpa, now he got the raw end of the deal many times in life just because he was not white. Times have changed and I don't have to worry, because the white man is self-destructing.

You think that the black pastor giving the diversity speech is really the enemy? Hell no, its the white man that hired him to give that speech that is the enemy. White folks checks usually clear!

How many people at the speech were white? I'm goona bet the majority. These bastards made a bunch of white people sit through a speech about why white people are bad. It's like white people want themselves to be bad, then you get a small sect of white people like we've seen here in this thread that refuse to take responsibility for the fact that this diversity nonsense is there own doing and turn around and blame the minorities.

You want talking points? I say tell the professor to put some Matt Forney up on the screen You tell these people the whit man needs a leader. Tell them you are sick and tired of white people shitting all over themselves.

I can't imagine how outraged I'd be if I had to sit in a room full of Polynesians and hear a speech by a white guy telling us all that Polynesians are bad.

Aloha!
09-22-2019 05:30 PM
[-] The following 13 users Like Kona's post:
BBinger, Solitaire, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Matsufubu, spokepoker, debeguiled, DamienCasanova, Samseau, Cobra, Simeon_Strangelight, Hillbilly, Sankt Michael, Xntrik
WalterBlack Offline
Ostrich

This video may help:

09-22-2019 06:34 PM
questor70 Offline
Ostrich

(09-22-2019 02:01 PM)Solitaire Wrote:  give me some talking points that counter this narrative

It's dogma. You can't counter dogma. They're too far gone already.

They also feed on conflict so they'd like nothing more than to engage you. But it won't be a good-faith debate, so it's a trap, as Ackbar would say.

As long as it's just hot air, ignore it. If you get pulled into HR over nonsense, then push back.
09-22-2019 08:56 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like questor70's post:
Captainstabbin, Latan, Richard Turpin, Solitaire
worldwidetraveler Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

I started drinking more carrot juice trying to increase my melanin. That way I can call out white privilege when I start showing more brown hues.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019 10:05 PM by worldwidetraveler.)
09-22-2019 10:04 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like worldwidetraveler's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, Leonard D Neubache, Syberpunk, spokepoker, Muffuguh, DamienCasanova, Solitaire
Captainstabbin Offline
Hummingbird

(09-22-2019 02:01 PM)Solitaire Wrote:  give me some talking points that counter this narrative

Any well-reasoned talking points will be portrayed as further evidence of white privilege. Same way refuting rape statistics is evidence of "rape culture".
09-23-2019 12:46 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Captainstabbin's post:
Latan, Leonard D Neubache, Syberpunk, Solitaire
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(09-22-2019 10:04 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  I started drinking more carrot juice trying to increase my melanin. That way I can call out white privilege when I start showing more brown hues.

Juicing.... white privilege.

Aloha!
09-23-2019 12:52 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Kona's post:
Leonard D Neubache, worldwidetraveler, spokepoker
RawGod Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

There is only power, mainly economic. If you are in a space where you are being lectured to and must speak the right words in order to keep on earning your daily bread, you have no power. Change your environment, or accept your place.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I have had this sig since 2015 and received thousands of post likes; yet not one person has commented on my sig. Perhaps you're familiar with the work it parodies? Let me know!
09-23-2019 01:29 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like RawGod's post:
Latan, Solitaire, bacani
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

(09-22-2019 02:01 PM)Solitaire Wrote:  So as some of you know already, I'm a nurse, and my specialty is psych. I've been doing this for 25+ years now. I recently relocated, back to my adopted hometown (in the Northwest FLA area), and just started at a new hospital. I'm in the orientation phase of this new job, which means sitting through hours & days of fire safety, where's the pharmacy, etc etc etc.

On last week Thursday, I began to sit through a presentation by a local African American pastor who has been teaching various classes for the last 30 years, apparently (according to him, at least). His talk was about cultural diversity, which is a big thing nowadays. I had to endure a few lectures about the subject over in California.

As he talked, my mind wandered a bit. I looked ahead at the presentation, thanks to a printout of the PowerPoint slides. There was about six introductory slides, asking pat questions like, "What do you feel your level of cultural understanding is?" When I turned to the following pages, there were no less than a dozen slides about "White Privilege," which set of alarm bells in my head - so this is where this fellow is going with this, after all... (I actually left the lecture, and gave an excuse about feeling ill, which was kinda true.)

What I'm asking for here is: give me some talking points that counter this narrative that's basically taking over academia and now, yes I know it's scary to say, but this craziness is infecting workplace environments such as hospitals. My buddy said something along the lines of "this is attempting to fight racism with racism."

Anyone out there that can expand on this for me?

It's an expansion of the marxist points since they could not go with the class-warfare or the one against intellectuals in China. So they are going against Whites with a bullshit ideology that is based on an oppression pyramid and a disabled black Muslim woman being on top with Whites at the bottom. That black Muslim woman could be a billionaire African princess and the White guy could be a legless veteran who lives in the gutter, but the Nigerian oil princess would be the far more oppressed despite everyone kissing her ass 24/7 and living like a queen.

Forget about discussing it. It's the communist times and you are likely not allowed to disagree. It's interesting to know that they do this in hospitals and everywhere.
09-23-2019 03:24 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Matsufubu, Samseau, Solitaire
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

The posters above are correct. You want the (((king's))) gold, you kiss the (((king's))) ring.

I noted in a previous thread on a similar topic, if I'm pressed to give an opinion then I'm not going to lie. One of the joys about living in a country without free speech is that I can say "it's against the law to give my opinion".

The joys of this response are fourfold.

1) It's true. I cannot give my opinion without breaking the law.
2) I cannot be fired for NOT voicing my opinion, which I can't voice because it's against the law.
3) Nobody can pin my "bigotry" down and they're left to impotently seethe about what my opinion MIGHT be.
4) I am openly resisting globohomo groupthink and emboldening the silent majority while being impervious to direct attack so long as I keep my cool.

I pity you Yanks with your 1st ammendment. You have no recourse to reasonably refuse giving your real opinion but you're sure to be fired from most jobs when you actually give it. I could never go back to lying about this stuff just to save my financial skin.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
09-23-2019 03:46 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, Latan, Syberpunk, Samseau, Richard Turpin, Sword and Board, Professor Fox, Sankt Michael, Solitaire
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

New York Magazine just ran a great piece by Andrew Sullivan on the unintended effects of teaching "white privilege" to kids in school. The key sentence:

"No one seems to have thought through the implications of telling white boys that their core identity is their “whiteness,” or worried that indoctrinating kids into white identity might lead quite a few to, yes, become “white identitarians” of the far right."

He also takes on the gender ideologues and drag queen library crowd. It's ironic that the original thread mentioned a pastor, because Sullivan and others have called this a pseudo-religion. His whole article can be found here and NY Mag deserves the click for running it.
09-23-2019 03:47 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Syberpunk, Leonard D Neubache, Teedub, Renzy, spokepoker, BBinger, debeguiled, JayR, Beyond Borders, Solitaire
crystalcastle Offline
Sparrow

We whites are so privileged we account for more than half of SNAP recipients.

Lefties would argue it's their fault for not capitalizing on their immense privilege though.

Liberals Who Learned About White Privilege Became Less Sympathetic to Poor Whites

Quote:What they found was that conservatives who had learned about white privilege were no more sympathetic to the poor black man than conservatives who had not learned about white privilege. For liberals, the results were alarming: Liberals who read the educational materials about white privilege were similarly unsympathetic to the poor black man as the liberals in the second experiment, but they were even more unsympathetic to the poor white man.
09-23-2019 04:25 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like crystalcastle's post:
Suits, Solitaire
JiggyLordJr Offline
Robin

Basically just blend in, and pretend to sympathize. It doesn't matter how you appear, as long as your internal views aren't compromised, which they clearly aren't. Say what they want to hear - this is the principle behind the Asian philosophy of "keeping face." I'd start looking for independent income though; it's hard to keep this charade up for long.
09-23-2019 08:02 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Latan, Syberpunk, Richard Turpin, Solitaire
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Hope people don't mind if I quote myself on here.

I just realized that before the Andrew Sullivan article I linked above, I came up with more or less the same thought in the form of a comment at the Heartiste blog. He used what I wrote as the subject for one of his last posts. My words were:

In elitist circles, it’s not polite anymore to call people “stupid redneck,” “dumb wop,” or drunken mick.” So the rich folks have found a way to trash working class Americans by declaring whiteness an illness.

However, what this has done instead is brought all the rednecks, wops, micks, and others together against THEM. This is a fuse they should not have lit.

I stand by that and think that in the four months since I wrote it things have only gotten worse. This proves it. The original Heartiste post can be found here.
09-23-2019 08:06 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Leonard D Neubache, spokepoker, debeguiled, Solitaire
Renzy Offline
Kingfisher

(09-22-2019 02:01 PM)Solitaire Wrote:  So as some of you know already, I'm a nurse, and my specialty is psych. I've been doing this for 25+ years now. I recently relocated, back to my adopted hometown (in the Northwest FLA area), and just started at a new hospital. I'm in the orientation phase of this new job, which means sitting through hours & days of fire safety, where's the pharmacy, etc etc etc.

I don't know where exactly in NW Florida you are, but I used to live in that area in the 80s (Okaloosa County) and it was one of the most conservative areas I've seen, especially when you went north a bit away from the coast. I'm sort of disappointed to hear that even there the SJW crap has crept in. Makes me wonder if there's any area left in our country that hasn't been infected with the multicult garbage ideology.

As far as talking points, I'd toe the line if you want to keep your job. You're not going to change their minds.

"I'm not like most girls" - most girls

If you have to whine, go drinking alone.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019 10:11 AM by Renzy.)
09-23-2019 09:50 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Renzy's post:
Solitaire
Muffuguh Offline
Pigeon

Probably not the advice that you were after, but here in the UK "mental health nurses" as they are called here are in demand, fairly well paid, and appear to still qualify for sponsorship if from other countries. Sure the UK suffers from its own brand of PC BS but still not on the levels seen in the US, especially outside London, if for no other reason than that the UK is still ~90% white.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019 11:47 AM by Muffuguh.)
09-23-2019 11:46 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muffuguh's post:
Solitaire
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(09-22-2019 10:04 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  I started drinking more carrot juice trying to increase my melanin. That way I can call out white privilege when I start showing more brown hues.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-e...in-orange/

Quote:“Eating too many beta-carotene filled foods can turn your skin an orangey color,” explains Dr. Piliang. “Carotenemia is pretty uncommon, but we probably see one or two cases a year.”

You aren't even trying to help.

[Image: 560.jpg]

“That sig BTW is a very asinine anti-family anti-parent quote. You live in a country where 40% of children grow up without a biological father, yet somehow “the greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents”? Sorry but this is fruity Boomer nonsense.”

09-23-2019 12:13 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like debeguiled's post:
Muffuguh, Matsufubu, worldwidetraveler, Kona, Simeon_Strangelight

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  University students burn book of Latina writer who spoke about "white privilege" Roosh 39 4,760 11-05-2019 06:27 PM
Last Post: pitbullowner
  Characters In True Story Films/Shows Invented For Diversity Reasons david.garrett84 139 31,325 09-17-2019 02:33 PM
Last Post: Bienvenuto
  White liberals more supportive of immigration and diversity than minorities Wutang 71 4,882 09-12-2019 10:00 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight