I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Major forum changes (September 2019)
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Exclamation Major forum changes (September 2019)
Today I have made structural changes to the forum so that the rules I introduced in May can be followed in practice. Here are the changes:

-A new subforum, Relationships, has been opened. Here is the description: "Meeting women, maintaining relationships, foreign courtships, family life. Discussion or promotion of casual sex is not allowed."

-Game and Travel has been permanently closed and archived. Unregistered members can no longer view these subforums. Discussion of foreign women or relationships can go in the Relationships subforum. Discussion of general travel discussion can go in Life.

-Fitness and Politics subforums have been closed. Fitness threads have been moved to Life. Politics threads have been moved to Everything Else. Neither were active enough to warrant their own area.

-The Private Lounge for veteran members has been closed due to inactivity. All threads were deleted since they may contain sensitive information.

-Registration is only open on the first of the month. Outside of the 1st, it is not possible to register. As a result, Gold memberships have been temporarily discontinued.

As I explained in May, I cannot provide a platform for men to fornicate with women, either locally or abroad. Leaving Game and Travel open has continued to attract an unseemly element. You will have to find another platform or guru to help you with these matters, at least for the next 2-4 years until I can find a workable alternative to casual dating. In the meantime, RVF will be in a sort of limbo of men like myself who are learning and experimenting with healthier ways of connecting with women.

I expect a large percentage of you to be angry with these changes, since RVF is one of the only places on the internet to provide international PUA advice. However, if you don't control your anger, you will be banned. Unlike in May, there will be zero tolerance for those who lash out. Ultimately, if you're not on a similar spiritual path as myself, you will not be able to stomach these changes and future ones. RVF was originally created for men who were deeply seated in the hedonistic life, but that is no longer the case. For everyone else, it will be business as usual.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
09-24-2019 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 38 users Like Roosh's post:
billbudsocket, Nineteen84, Sooth, wwtl, Benoit, John Michael Kane, Samseau, Enhanced Eddie, redbeard, Days of Broken Arrows, Lazuli Waves, General Mayhem, 911, Phil619sd, Vienna, Geomann180, username, rotekz, Sankt Michael, An0dyne, HermeticAlly, Handsome Creepy Eel, estraudi, monsquid, pitbullowner, DJ-Matt, Kizman, Nevsky, JiggyLordJr, SlickyBoy, Matrixdude, Elmore, gework, KnjazMihailo, Enigma, STEEL_WARRIOR, internetprince, Oscar Henri
The Catalyst Offline
Pelican

RE: Major forum changes (September 2019)
What about travel or country/city discussion for those not interested in gaming?
09-24-2019 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Roosh Offline
Eagle

(09-24-2019 03:48 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  What about travel or country/city discussion for those not interested in gaming?

"Discussion of general travel discussion can go in Life."

Roosh
09-24-2019 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Roosh's post:
Jaydublin, Handsome Creepy Eel
swoosh Offline
Banned

I found this site when I was young and it helped me during a tough time. The "fornicating" advice I learned on here helped me improve myself, form meaningful relationships and spot the toxic qualities in people before they got close to me. It helped me see that life is whatever you want it to be so long as you grab it by the balls and take control. I pulled myself out of a death spiral of depression and failure. I went on to become enormously successful. It breaks my heart to see this site fall so astray....the forum has been castrated.

Thank you everyone and good luck out there. For the members, enjoy my archived posts. Thanks Roosh, and as one man to another.. get your shit together, maybe ill see you around someday.

peace out crew
09-24-2019 04:14 PM
OskuroPekenyo Offline
Banned

After the closing of the politics subforum, is there still a post count limit on contributing to political discussions?
09-24-2019 04:32 PM
roberto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RVF has changed so much recently. I can’t work out if I think I’ve been brainwashed by a cult or whether I’ve always felt this way. Big Grin

I do know that I’m much happier with a good hearted younger girl than twenty sluts. I also know that I most likely wouldn’t have gotten that girl without knowledge, advice and encouragement from everyone here, and dare I say it, experiencing a fair few women beforehand. I know I’ve said it before, but this place has changed my life for the better.

Watching this new chapter with interest. We all mature, nothing stays the same. The world is changing, not always for the better, and I can respect anyone who is willing to be the change they wish to see in it.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 04:53 PM by roberto.)
09-24-2019 04:48 PM
[-] The following 18 users Like roberto's post:
wwtl, Syberpunk, Zenta, Going strong, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, 911, loremipsum, Benoit, Sankt Michael, bacani, Handsome Creepy Eel, Gusamaso, Nevsky, JiggyLordJr, Matrixdude, gework, Enigma, JayJuanGee
rottenapple Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

For those looking for travel and game advice, welcome at Swoop The World forum.
09-24-2019 04:52 PM
[-] The following 16 users Like rottenapple's post:
Syberpunk, Zoso, Rocha, Player_1337, Nulled, RDF, Heightcel, bacani, zatara, Soothesayer, Goldin Boy, Gusamaso, vuko225, yesinmyname, Nordwand, Nevsky
wwtl Offline
Banned

(09-24-2019 03:32 PM)Roosh Wrote:  As I explained in May, I cannot provide a platform for men to fornicate with women, either locally or abroad. Leaving Game and Travel open has continued to attract an unseemly element. You will have to find another platform or guru to help you with these matters, at least for the next 2-4 years until I can find a workable alternative to casual dating. In the meantime, RVF will be in a sort of limbo of men like myself who are learning and experimenting with healthier ways of connecting with women.

I expect a large percentage of you to be angry with these changes, since RVF is one of the only places on the internet to provide international PUA advice. However, if you don't control your anger, you will be banned. Unlike in May, there will be zero tolerance for those who lash out. Ultimately, if you're not on a similar spiritual path as myself, you will not be able to stomach these changes and future ones. RVF was originally created for men who were deeply seated in the hedonistic life, but that is no longer the case. For everyone else, it will be business as usual.

The state of the forum is conspicuously in sync with changes in my own moral framework. I didn't intend to fornicate, when I registered here in May, I just wanted to roll up my sleeves when I got cold-approached after a long drought to stay on top of female behavior.

As a Christian convert I handled the following months very differently from my heathen past and the forum change in June did not only fit that perfectly, it also might have played a role in keeping me on track.

Now the next stage of this forum transformation makes even more sense and the timing is absolutely perfect - as God's timing always is. I just wanted to say how amazed I am by this.
09-24-2019 05:00 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like wwtl's post:
Samseau, Phil619sd, Polniy_Sostav, bacani, Brebelle3
Matsufubu Offline
Pelican

This is no big deal. Roosh is just streamlining the forum - the fundamental change was already made earlier this year. The only people who will be mad are those who were trying to circumvent Roosh's wishes in the first place.

Business as normal, gents.
09-24-2019 05:08 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Matsufubu's post:
MajorStyles, Handsome Creepy Eel, Rap17
Donfitz007 Online
Kingfisher

I'll likely get banned for this but we NEED help with women nowadays, they're brainwashed. Not everybody can find a young feminine virgin woman, some of us only come across sluts or women average women and some of us don't know how to deal with these types or filter these types. Like they said in May, the knowledge you learned picking up women made you better in all aspects. It's wrong but being successful with women pretty much builds you to be successful in many other areas (especially building that confidence)

I agree it's better to have 1 good girl and live a great life with a great family. But there are a bunch of lost men out there, losing places to go to. Lost men create lost boys.
09-24-2019 05:09 PM
[-] The following 30 users Like Donfitz007's post:
Aquarius, RIslander, Zenta, zoom, BigTony, Avon Barksdale, Latan, OskuroPekenyo, Renzy, Player_1337, Nulled, RDF, Benoit, Sankt Michael, bacani, homersheineken, SlowMan, Handsome Creepy Eel, J315, Gusamaso, Obermarschall, Syberpunk, Dream Medicine, Buck Wild, yesinmyname, solid, Nevsky, JiggyLordJr, PrimeTime32, Matrixdude
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(09-24-2019 05:09 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  I'll likely get banned for this but we NEED help with women nowadays, they're brainwashed. Not everybody can find a young feminine virgin woman, some of us only come across sluts or women average women and some of us don't know how to deal with these types or filter these types. Like they said in May, the knowledge you learned picking up women made you better in all aspects. It's wrong but being successful with women pretty much builds you to be successful in many other areas (especially building that confidence)

I agree it's better to have 1 good girl and live a great life with a great family. But there are a bunch of lost men out there, losing places to go to. Lost men create lost boys.

I agree with Donfitz. Many of us are past that age where you can marry your high school/college sweetheart and have a big happy family. I haven't been on a date in a decade where I found marriage material and I'm only mid thirties.

I respect Roosh's decision to change his forum. It is his forum and I will post within the confines of the new rules (I never didn't do so before). But I fear we're going to lose a lot of solid contributors... many of which have helped make this place the incredible think tank and source of information that it is today.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 05:27 PM by RIslander.)
09-24-2019 05:27 PM
[-] The following 27 users Like RIslander's post:
Zenta, BigTony, Zoso, Latan, zoom, Syberpunk, Days of Broken Arrows, Nulled, Dream Medicine, RDF, Benoit, Aquarius, Sankt Michael, Polniy_Sostav, bacani, zatara, azulsombra, Renzy, Gusamaso, Obermarschall, Buck Wild, Bury Zenek, Irenicus, Nevsky, JiggyLordJr, PrimeTime32, Swordfish1010
thranco Offline
Banned

Are you planning on deleting the game and travel archives?
09-24-2019 05:58 PM
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Pelican

Hi, Greta Thunberg here. I've hijacked Poontang's account to let you know that I'm not happy with these changes. Not happy at all.

How DARE you!!!

Here are my demands :

* I want a subforum of my own
* I want to be upgraded to Innovative Casanova
* I want moderator status
* I want immunity from banning
* I want to be like the most high
* I want, I want, I want!!!

If I don't get what I want within 24 hours, I'll never forgive you.

You can have your account back, Poontang. But I'll be watching you.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 06:34 PM by Vladimir Poontang.)
09-24-2019 06:29 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
kruger41, Latan, Salinger, redbeard, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Huey, Tactician, Polniy_Sostav, Going strong, HermeticAlly, Handsome Creepy Eel, Matsufubu, monsquid, dicknixon72, Buck Wild, louiebeans, Irenicus, Nevsky, gework, JayJuanGee, Guitarman
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Around 15-20 years ago, people online would regularly communicate in Usenet groups about a wide variety of subjects. This ended when Google took over and turned them into "Google Groups" -- and then removed them from the main Google template. Google essentially squelched the voices of the people by doing this.

Also during this time period, people could make their voices heard in the comment section of newspapers. Then newspapers removed their comment section, also silencing individual citizens.*

Anyone see a pattern here? In both cases, large corporations shut out ordinary citizens when those citizens said things that went against the mainstream narrative. As time went on we got Twitter and Facebook...and we all know what happens when you run afoul of the narrative in those spaces.

I see this forum as having taken the place of the old Usenet groups and newspaper comments sections, to some degree. It's a venue for people to work out ideas not accepted by the mainstream corporate publishers. The forum might have started with a game focus, but it's morphed into a crucial resource for people seeking out alternative viewpoints.

People don't have to be part of the forum to benefit from it. They can be college guys (or even girls) wondering why the culture has gotten so extreme. If they come across posts where we pick apart news stories and social trends, they'll realize there are kindred spirits out there.

In short, the forum was always more than its game component. Considering the way dissenting voices are still being stamped out, it's becoming more vital, not less so. I hope to see it continue centered around the "Everything Else" section, which I've long felt has recreated the spirited debates people had in college classes back in a long-gone era most Americans are now too young to remember.

* Food for thought. Why was it just accepted that the media removed comments sections when commenters got too critical of their work? It would never have been tolerated if department stores or restaurants stopped allowing customer feedback. Ironically, such companies have expanded their customer service sectors while the media has sequestered itself from public scrutiny. Forget the biased articles and activist reporters. This alone should tell you the media is about pushing an agenda, not reporting news. In no other realm can companies shut out the public.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 08:52 PM by Days of Broken Arrows.)
09-24-2019 08:44 PM
[-] The following 26 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
RIslander, MajorStyles, 911, bacon, VNvet, NoMoreTO, Azuma, BBinger, spokepoker, Benoit, Hypno, Huxley Badkin, bacani, Isaac Jordan, Going strong, Canopus, HermeticAlly, debeguiled, Handsome Creepy Eel, Gusamaso, Buck Wild, Nevsky, alchemical, PrimeTime32, Swordfish1010, gework
Roosh Offline
Eagle

(09-24-2019 04:32 PM)OskuroPekenyo Wrote:  After the closing of the politics subforum, is there still a post count limit on contributing to political discussions?

Yes. No rules were changed today.

Roosh
09-24-2019 09:45 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Roosh's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, monsquid
Samseau Offline
Owl
Gold Member

(09-24-2019 09:45 PM)Roosh Wrote:  
(09-24-2019 04:32 PM)OskuroPekenyo Wrote:  After the closing of the politics subforum, is there still a post count limit on contributing to political discussions?

Yes. No rules were changed today.

Perhaps including a [Politics] tag to topics will help people know which threads have a post count limit to them?

Quote:* Food for thought. Why was it just accepted that the media removed comments sections when commenters got too critical of their work? It would never have been tolerated if department stores or restaurants stopped allowing customer feedback. Ironically, such companies have expanded their customer service sectors while the media has sequestered itself from public scrutiny. Forget the biased articles and activist reporters. This alone should tell you the media is about pushing an agenda, not reporting news. In no other realm can companies shut out the public.

It wasn't just "accepted." That's why https://dissenter.com/ was created. It's awesome to see people comment on a random (((AssociatedPress))) article and tear it apart.

Contributor at Return of Kings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019 10:22 PM by Samseau.)
09-24-2019 10:21 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like Samseau's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Thersites, spokepoker, kruger41, Barron, Polniy_Sostav, bacani, Renzy, Handsome Creepy Eel, Nevsky, PrimeTime32
WalterBlack Offline
Ostrich

There's an error message when trying to search within a thread in the Travel section.

I get the error message "You may not post in this forum because either the forum is closed, it is a redirect to another webpage, or it is a category."
09-24-2019 11:28 PM
aeroektar Offline
Pelican

(09-24-2019 05:09 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  I'll likely get banned for this but we NEED help with women nowadays, they're brainwashed. Not everybody can find a young feminine virgin woman, some of us only come across sluts or women average women and some of us don't know how to deal with these types or filter these types. Like they said in May, the knowledge you learned picking up women made you better in all aspects. It's wrong but being successful with women pretty much builds you to be successful in many other areas (especially building that confidence)

Any piece of dating advice you or anyone else will ever need will be in the archive. Things change but not that much, core principles will always apply.

There's been very little productive discussion here over the last couple years regarding dating, self improvement, and travel, because its all been said again and again. Nobody learns anything valuable from threads like "Instagram and why the world is fucked in 2019" which has been the overwhelming attitude. Combined with the recent trend of encouraging negativity, the atmosphere turned overly toxic.

The best recent threads have been the ones like "settling down after 40" and threads like that are still fine under the new rules.

I'm glad the changes are being made. I just hope valuable members stick around, and I'd rather see a private travel and meetup section instead of having them closed.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019 12:43 AM by aeroektar.)
09-25-2019 12:41 AM
[-] The following 13 users Like aeroektar's post:
Benoit, wwtl, Polniy_Sostav, Going strong, NoMoreTO, Zenta, No More Mr. Soy Boy, Dream Medicine, Buck Wild, Nevsky, JiggyLordJr, gework, white22
sanbruno Offline
Sparrow

It's Roosh's forum, and I respect his transformation. With that said, I think there is a big missed opportunity here. The dichotomy of the forum being at once entertaining hedonistic pursuits, but also actively discussing the aftermath and long term affects of those pursuits... and the alternatives to such... is much more valuable than a regular traditional values forum. The thoughts and experiences on this forum are invaluable because it actually explains WHY these morals and teachings ARE relevant. You can't merely rely on the traditional religious doctrine to guide most people, because most people want to see the why and how behind these edicts. The mere storytelling and mysticism of traditional religion just isn't enough anymore, people want evidence, and when the tales and mysticism get thrown out, too many people also tend to ignore the relevant teachings that remain pertinent to human nature, regardless of how "true" these stories may or may not be. The best way to reach young, naive, hedonistic males is to give them a place to entertain their ideas and ambitions while offering up some healthy examples of men that came to see past their own misguided ways. If this forum trends more towards rote religious and moral edicts, you are just going to increasingly lose those who already checked out of traditional religion. Some men need to ask or discover the questions before they want to hear the answers.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019 01:23 AM by sanbruno.)
09-25-2019 01:22 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like sanbruno's post:
Going strong, Handsome Creepy Eel, Syberpunk, Graft, lonewolf1992, Dream Medicine, Buck Wild, yesinmyname, Nevsky, Swordfish1010, gework
eradicator Online
Crow
Gold Member

Roosh did you go through manually to every thread in the game forum and either say “this can go into the relationship forum” or “this is going to the archive game forum”?

That must have taken all day if so.

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
09-25-2019 01:48 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes eradicator's post:
wwtl
Geomann180 Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

I continue to watch this forum change with interest.

G
09-25-2019 01:54 AM
Roosh Offline
Eagle

(09-25-2019 01:48 AM)eradicator Wrote:  Roosh did you go through manually to every thread in the game forum and either say “this can go into the relationship forum” or “this is going to the archive game forum”?

That must have taken all day if so.

No, I just went through the first few pages of the Game subforum.

Roosh
09-25-2019 02:32 AM
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Aeroektar is correct in as much as everything to do with game has been conquered in triplicate and most of the recent game related threads amount to a new guy arriving who either can't be bothered to use the search function or who's bound and determined to insist that his own circumstances are so unique that they demand a unique thread.

And of the latter it usually turns out that the true purpose of the thread is for the OP to throw a pity party for himself.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019 03:43 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
09-25-2019 03:43 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Going strong, rotekz, VNvet
Hypno Offline
Hummingbird

(09-24-2019 08:44 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  * Food for thought. Why was it just accepted that the media removed comments sections when commenters got too critical of their work? It would never have been tolerated if department stores or restaurants stopped allowing customer feedback.

You suffer from the misconception that a newspaper is there to inform you with truth, rather than to propogate misinformation (propoganda) and advertising.

A comments section serves your purpose, but did not serve (((theirs))), which is why it was eliminated.
09-25-2019 03:43 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypno's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, VNvet
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Pelican

I disagree with Greta's views above, but I will say that it will probably become quite hard to find a lot of threads with too many sections merged. It might be a good idea to create one or two new subforums.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
09-25-2019 04:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vladimir Poontang's post:
Tactician

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Information My 2019 tour through the United States Roosh 669 103,501 Today 11:10 AM
Last Post: Easy_C
  Hong Kong protests 2019 Caduceus 378 39,029 Today 11:04 AM
Last Post: 911
  World on Fire? Major protests happening around the globe in 2019 Sosa 41 4,445 Today 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sosa