I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Moving abroad or not
imdow123 Offline
Pigeon

Moving abroad or not
Hi,

I just moved abroad from a third world nation to a first world nation. The quality of life is definitely better here but I have a few things troubling me.

To be honest, my SMV has dropped quite a lot since I don't look that great and in this new country, I am even worse. I have been trying to understand if moving back to my local country just so that I can be good looking is a cowardly move or a smart move.

On one hand, it seems cowardly because I am not able to be confident among people who look better than me.

On the other hand, it seems smart since I won't have to pick among the lower SMV girls in my country and I'll be able to get the good looking ones.

I also just realized that I have a bit of a patriotic feeling. I don't want to waste my time integrating to some other culture.

What do you guys think? I am confused whether I am running away from a problem and not facing it or whether I am being rational about it
09-26-2019 04:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Freebird Flying Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Moving abroad or not
Hi,
I think you should be looking at other stuffs besides your "SMV" with regards to whether you want to stay, but I get where you're coming from kind of.

What's your goals. I mean what do you want?

You can use this as a challenge and then when you go back to other places if you can thrive in this environment it can help you later.

There's probably a lot of advantages to living in this new culture. Do you like the girls and the lifestyle there? If so,

Step up man! If you improve yourself and your game, you can do it! But, there's plenty of places that you can live. So, aim then fire.

haha. Just have fun also man. Don't take yourself too seriously Smile

09-26-2019 10:58 AM
imdow123 Offline
Pigeon

Girls and lifestyle is definitely better here. I would be able to achieve my goals in my own country as well as in my new country.

I just don't feel as good looking and confident in the new culture whereas in my country I could get heads turned.

I guess I'll work on myself and try succeeding here. If not, just move around and see what works.
09-26-2019 01:43 PM
Checkmat Offline
Pelican

Which countries are you talking about?

"There's no such thing as different but equal." -Dante Nero
09-26-2019 01:53 PM
the-dream Offline
Kingfisher

Find a way that you can leverage your experience in/access to the first world country to create a profitable business in the third world country.
09-26-2019 01:56 PM
Freebird Flying Offline
Woodpecker

(09-26-2019 01:43 PM)imdow123 Wrote:  Girls and lifestyle is definitely better here. I would be able to achieve my goals in my own country as well as in my new country.

I just don't feel as good looking and confident in the new culture whereas in my country I could get heads turned.

I guess I'll work on myself and try succeeding here. If not, just move around and see what works.

Yeah that sounds reasonable. If you're location independent, why not just book short term rentals and travel to some places you want to check out, and then if you find a place you do like, you can stay awhile. Maybe do monthly rentals on Air NB (that might be what you're already doing)

It sounds kind of like now you're small fish in a big pond before you're more like a big fish in a small pond.

09-27-2019 08:15 PM
HailHydra Offline
Pigeon

Why did you move? Was it for a job, or something else?
10-01-2019 03:31 PM
IWantSpamandEggs Offline
Pigeon

Just move around and see where you like. I personally don’t feel like I am attractive, but from my personal experience, looks only got me to the front door.
10-02-2019 03:17 AM
Elmore Offline
Woodpecker

I've lived abroad for nearly a decade. Only just come to realise how superficial and ultimately unfulfilling living in countries where you don't speak the language is, even when a lot of the people will speak at least conversational English. Always marked as a foreigner and transient, every time you open your mouth. The cultural baggage that comes with it (many just think, oh you're just here to bang our women and cos youre too lazy to work in a competitive market - which certainly a few years back, i'd have to say guilty as charged, sadly).

Now i am moving back to a country where i have at least conversational language, the difference is clear. People like that you are making the effort, and you can make far deeper connections.
10-03-2019 10:45 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Elmore's post:
SomeOneSomeWhere, Syberpunk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moving to China vs moving to USA Go-getter 41 10,972 05-01-2015 11:20 PM
Last Post: Go-getter
  [Tools]  Keeping A US Cell Phone When Moving Abroad TheBulldozer 13 12,249 01-29-2015 02:46 PM
Last Post: newgame