Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Woman quits job to be a 1950s housewife hc she believes husbands should be spoiled “
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Woman quits job to be a 1950s housewife hc she believes husbands should be spoiled “
We need more good news stories

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/woman-quit...e-spoiled/

Quote:Completely by choice, 30-year-old Katrina Holte now lives as a ‘1950s housewife’, cooking, cleaning and looking after her husband, while making dresses from 1950s patterns in her spare time.

Katrina even transformed her home in Hillsborough into a ‘working shrine’ to the era, fitting it out and decorating it in 1950s decor.

Advertisements
Woman Quits Job To Become '50s Housewife' Because She Thinks 'Husbands Should Be Spoiled'PA Real Life
Speaking about her new old-fashioned life, Katrina said:

I feel like I’m living how I always wanted to. It’s my dream life and my husband shares my vision.

It is a lot of work. I do tons of dishes, laundry and ironing, but I love it and it’s helping to take care of my husband and that makes me really happy.

Katrina spoke about her dedication to the role, saying:

My closet is full of 1950s dresses I’ve made myself. I have 1940s-style furniture in the living room and a traditional bedroom.

It’s not like it’s a museum but I do try and make it as close to the era as I can. I can feel like I was born in the wrong decade, especially when I look at everything that is happening in the world now. I feel like I belong in a nicer, more old-fashioned time. But I know everything happens for a reason and it is God’s will that I’m here now.

Woman Quits Job To Become '50s Housewife' Because She Thinks 'Husbands Should Be Spoiled'PA Real Life
Knowing her house is spic and span when Lars comes home, after dinner, the couple relax, playing traditional board games like Scrabble together before watching old-fashioned shows like I Love Lucy and The Donna Reed Show.

Katrina said:

Advertisements
I agree with old-fashioned values, like being a housewife, taking care of your family, nurturing the people in it and keeping your house in excellent condition, so everyone feels relaxed.

A part-time seamstress for 10 years, Katrina, who sells her retro frocks across the world, said:

My new life started in September 2018, after I left my job, which was starting to wear me down. I was getting tired and I wasn’t living up to my own expectations.

I spoke to my husband and told him I want to be a housewife and he said that was fine with him.

It was a fantastic feeling when I quit. I can do what I want to now and run my house as I want to run it. Now I’m a full-time homemaker.

Katrina starts her day at 6.30am, when she wakes and sets out her husband’s clothes, before preparing his breakfast and making him a packed lunch. After her own breakfast she does 15 minutes of vintage exercises.

She explained:

Advertisements
Exercise in the 1930s to 1950s was a lot gentler. There was a lot of stretching, warming up or ‘limbering up,’ as they would say back then.

We have the idea today that we have to push our bodies to the limit, but in the 1950s the attitude was simply that you had to take care of it.

The 30-year-old will then have a shower, put on a ‘full face of vintage makeup’ and dress in clothes from the era. ‘My entire wardrobe is 1950s, made up of dresses I have made myself from original patterns. I always try and look my best. I feel most like myself when I’m wearing a vintage-style dress,’ Katrina added.

After doing chores around the house like laundry and sweeping up, and taking some time to work on her dresses, Katrina will make sure dinner is ready and on the table for when her husband Lars gets home from work.

When he returns, Lars does insist on hanging up his own coat, though:

When Lars gets home he likes to hang his own coat up, which I don’t mind. I read in a 1950s book that if a man wants to hang his own coat up, you should not feel like it makes you a bad housewife.

When not in use, the television is hidden away, so as not to mess up the vintage look of the room and the couple do not watch cable or streaming channels. Katrina says Lars is ‘very appreciative’ of what she does.

She explained:

I think a man needs his wife to make him feel spoilt every once in a while.

He would never expect this from me, though, it was entirely my idea to live like this. It’s always been my dream since I was a little girl.

In a way, Lars is serving me, because he makes a lot more money than I do and he knows this is what I want to do in return.

He works very long hours and makes my dreams come true, so I try to make his come true, too. It’s an equal partnership. I’m outspoken and I’m definitely not a repressed woman.

Woman Quits Job To Become '50s Housewife' Because She Thinks 'Husbands Should Be Spoiled'PA Real Life/Kami Couch
While she admits the era was far from perfect, 1950s values really appeal to Katrina.

She explained:

The golden rule then was to do to others what you want them to do to you. No decade is perfect, definitely we had big social problems in the 50s, but the people I talk to who lived through the era say it was a time when you could leave your door unlocked and you didn’t need to worry about people breaking in.

People today have forgotten how to talk to people they don’t agree with and they have lost all their manners. They are always in a rush, they don’t remember to say please and thank you. Nowadays people are looking out for themselves and not thinking about the people around them.

All the stories I’ve read are about women borrowing dishes or butter from each other, and the neighbourhood kids all playing together. You find now neighbours will go from the car to the garage to the house and won’t speak to each other.

Katrina said she’s now looking forward to starting a family with Lars, and wants to have four children, saying she’ll definitely dress them in 50s clothes, though ‘when they get older they can make their own choices.’

[Image: pjimage-2-3.jpg?quality=100&stri...amp;crop=1]

[Image: 0_PAY-Katrina-Holte-1950s-housewife-3.jpg]

WMATIAFW
Would marry and turn into a 50s wife

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019 11:56 PM by eradicator.)
09-30-2019 11:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 11 users Like eradicator's post:
Barron, infowarrior1, kinjutsu, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, gework, DamienCasanova, Spectrumwalker, debeguiled, Simeon_Strangelight, remarkable vigour, HermeticAlly
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Woman quits job to be a 1950s housewife hc she believes husbands should be spoiled “
based

Jewish convert to Orthodox Christianity and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019 11:55 PM by MichaelWitcoff.)
09-30-2019 11:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like MichaelWitcoff's post:
eradicator, infowarrior1
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Woman quits job to be a 1950s housewife hc she believes husbands should be spoiled “
(09-30-2019 11:55 PM)MichaelWitcoff Wrote:  based

Definitely based.Agree

Team yoga pants
09-30-2019 11:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes eradicator's post:
MichaelWitcoff
The Black Knight Offline
Pelican

RE: Woman quits job to be a 1950s housewife
Quote:Completely by choice, 30-year-old Katrina Holte now lives as a ‘1950s housewife’, cooking, cleaning and looking after her husband, while making dresses from 1950s patterns in her spare time.

[...]

A part-time seamstress for 10 years, Katrina, who sells her retro frocks across the world, said:

[...]

He would never expect this from me, though, it was entirely my idea to live like this. It’s always been my dream since I was a little girl.

In a way, Lars is serving me, because he makes a lot more money than I do and he knows this is what I want to do in return.

He works very long hours and makes my dreams come true, so I try to make his come true, too. It’s an equal partnership. I’m outspoken and I’m definitely not a repressed woman.

[...]

All the stories I’ve read are about women borrowing dishes or butter from each other, and the neighbourhood kids all playing together. You find now neighbours will go from the car to the garage to the house and won’t speak to each other.

Katrina said she’s now looking forward to starting a family with Lars, and wants to have four children, saying she’ll definitely dress them in 50s clothes, though ‘when they get older they can make their own choices.’

This would have been WAY more impressive if she was 20 years old vs 30 AND wasn't going overboard with all the vintage stuff; which sounds a little try-hard/phony to me despite sounding really awesome on the surface.

Not to be negative but this just looks like your typical beta bux deal except with some LARP 50's cosplayer shtick who will keep the act up until she can secure cash and prizes via divorce rape. Lots of child support to be gained from a sole-provider that makes a lot of money and whom you have 4 kids with.

I think with the coming structural changes in the economy and culture, I wouldn't be surprise if we see more stories like this down the line; some legit and some bogus. Even beta bux dudes now are getting pretty fed up with the 30+ year old feminist Sassy McCunt types looking for a blatant sucker and won't tolerate a chick who doesn't make somewhat of an effort to act like a traditional housewife early in the relationship.

For all her talk and bluster about wanting to be like a 1950s housewife, she seems to forgot the part about getting married and pumping out kids at 18-20 years old however.

Don't get me wrong: Great if she is legit and sticks by her man but I'm highly suspect of any broke ass 30+ woman who has an epiphany and suddenly becomes super eager to get married and have kids. Childless/unmarried 30+ women with weak money prospects are some of the most mercenary women out there and the current legal system is overwhelming designed to give them insane unfair leverage as a broke dependent with children.

Just saying, be careful out there with potential "tradthot" types. Some women are figuring out now they need to put out a better front initially to lock down a sole-provider. However, the legal system hasn't caught up to giving sole-providers proper leverage yet and therefore, the moment the woman decides she believes in divorce and non-traditional values again, you're fucked.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019 12:45 AM by The Black Knight.)
10-01-2019 12:36 AM
[-] The following 25 users Like The Black Knight's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Captainstabbin, spokepoker, Syberpunk, gework, Renzy, Genghis Khan, MKE-Ed, Xntrik, Isaac Jordan, Lampwick, Augustus_Principe, Manbeline, Kungfu, Brazilianguy, Simeon_Strangelight, VNvet, Dismal Operator, Kingsley Davis, Samseau, JiggyLordJr, Zenta, Professor Fox, DJ-Matt, RDF
SomeOneSomeWhere Offline
Robin

She looks like a narcissistic whore and her husband looks like a beta bux.

Her smug grin says everything.

If you want to see a decent woman visit the Mennonites or the Amish, not some wannabe traditional housewife skank that wants to virtue signal to the world.

That guy is potentially the last man in a gangbang if anything... (she will probably divorce rape him for cash and prizes though)
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019 12:44 AM by SomeOneSomeWhere.)
10-01-2019 12:40 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like SomeOneSomeWhere's post:
Benoit, Lampwick, JiggyLordJr
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

(10-01-2019 12:36 AM)The Black Knight Wrote:  This would have been WAY more impressive if she was 20 years old vs 30 AND wasn't going overboard with all the vintage stuff; which sounds a little try-hard/phony to me despite sounding really awesome on the surface.

Totally agree. The clock is ticking and she knows it. But it's the step in the right direction for a successful relationship.
10-01-2019 12:42 AM
Kona Online
Crow
Gold Member

1) She's trying to sell clothing

2) I think she's crazy

Aloha!
10-01-2019 01:44 AM
[-] The following 13 users Like Kona's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Captainstabbin, spokepoker, ChefAllDay, Genghis Khan, Lampwick, Huey, DamienCasanova, Laner, Suits, Kingsley Davis, JiggyLordJr, DJ-Matt
Eazy_E Offline
Banned

Oh, you live like the 50s? Pretty sure they didn't have smartphones and Instagram in the Eisenhower years so you could troll for validation, sweetie.

Plus her physiognomy isn't right. Good time, not long time girl.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019 01:48 AM by Eazy_E.)
10-01-2019 01:47 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Eazy_E's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Kona, Leonard D Neubache, Benoit, gework, Kingsley Davis, DJ-Matt
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Was butterface common in the 1950s?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
10-01-2019 02:03 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Kona, Captainstabbin, gework, eradicator, Huey, Suits, Kingsley Davis, DJ-Matt
Eazy_E Offline
Banned

Look at vintage photos and decide for yourself. Women back then were certainly a lower weight, but I think they were a bit more homely.

Fun fact, at an average weight of 160, today's woman weighs what a man did two generations ago. That's right, your girlfriend is as big as grandpa was.
10-01-2019 02:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eazy_E's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Captainstabbin Offline
Hummingbird

Looks a bit like she's taken her cosplay too far.

But, if she keeps this up for years or decades, I'm happy for both of them. She's 30, been married for 3 years and believes in traditional values - so where are the children?
10-01-2019 02:25 AM
Chiosboy90 Offline
Woodpecker

It's so rare that a women wants to be a housewife and cares for her man, that it will get into news....

And we laugh about Muslims...

On a side note, she looks like she had A LOT of sexual partners in the past and used to get attention from many men. Seems like she still needs the attention otherwise she would have cooked for her man in silence. This story basically proves that once a women used to get attention from multiple men at once, she can't go back to 1 man. She can't be happy with just a husband. Her husband looks like a leftie Beta.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019 02:41 AM by Chiosboy90.)
10-01-2019 02:41 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Chiosboy90's post:
MKE-Ed, Solitaire, VNvet, Handsome Creepy Eel, JiggyLordJr, DJ-Matt
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

She looks incapable of expressing true joy from those few photos. I agree with Kona. This doesn't look like a natural expression of her inner self.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
10-01-2019 02:52 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Benoit, Genghis Khan, Handsome Creepy Eel, DJ-Matt
IWantSpamandEggs Offline
Pigeon

I wonder how much money you would need to support four kids.
10-01-2019 02:58 AM
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I thought this was the youtuber Critical Condition at first glance, her hair do is the same.
10-01-2019 04:50 AM
Soundbyte Offline
Woodpecker

(10-01-2019 01:47 AM)Eazy_E Wrote:  Oh, you live like the 50s? Pretty sure they didn't have smartphones and Instagram in the Eisenhower years so you could troll for validation, sweetie.

Plus her physiognomy isn't right. Good time, not long time girl.

Hey, do you know any resources for learning what physiognomy is? I would like to increase my understanding of this phenomenon. I thought the same thing about her face, but I didn't know there was a term for this.
10-01-2019 05:04 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Soundbyte's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

Never date a female who has a look / style. They try so hard to say something with their look, it makes you wonder what they're not saying.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019 05:26 AM by Vladimir Poontang.)
10-01-2019 05:25 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
Dr. Howard, Kingsley Davis, Handsome Creepy Eel, DJ-Matt
Genghis Khan Offline
Pelican

(10-01-2019 01:44 AM)Kona Wrote:  1) She's trying to sell clothing

2) I think she's crazy

Aloha!

She sounds insane. The pretending to live in 1950s is just whack.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

#TeamRoboDoc
10-01-2019 07:39 AM
Bill Stronfer Offline
Pigeon

She looks very original. If her husband is happy, then everything is ok
10-01-2019 07:54 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bill Stronfer's post:
eradicator
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(10-01-2019 07:39 AM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  
(10-01-2019 01:44 AM)Kona Wrote:  1) She's trying to sell clothing

2) I think she's crazy

Aloha!

She sounds insane. The pretending to live in 1950s is just whack.

All women are crazy.

Team yoga pants
10-01-2019 09:36 AM
Dr. Howard Away
Crow
Gold Member

(10-01-2019 12:40 AM)SomeOneSomeWhere Wrote:  She looks like a narcissistic whore and her husband looks like a beta bux.

Her smug grin says everything.

If you want to see a decent woman visit the Mennonites or the Amish, not some wannabe traditional housewife skank that wants to virtue signal to the world.

That guy is potentially the last man in a gangbang if anything... (she will probably divorce rape him for cash and prizes though)

I will take the pessimistic option here as well. Put an attention seeking woman out of work, at home, alone, bored and armed with a smartphone that has multiple "dial a man" apps on it.

The stay at home wife option works better if kids are involved. Otherwise, she has to have the ability to resist temptation.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
10-01-2019 09:38 AM
bbgun Offline
Woodpecker

The spoiled one is her, because she doesn't have to trod off to work everyday.
10-01-2019 09:48 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like bbgun's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Pinkman, Zenta
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Yes she should be barefoot and pregnant. This is a start

Team yoga pants
10-01-2019 10:03 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like eradicator's post:
Dr. Howard, Handsome Creepy Eel
Augustus_Principe Offline
Sparrow

A bit of a late start to want to have 4 kids starting at the age of 30, but better late than never...
10-01-2019 10:14 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustus_Principe's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Spectrumwalker Offline
Kingfisher

Woman quits job to be a 1950s housewife she believes husbands should be spoiled “
Everyone giving this dame a hard time when that's all we do is lament how women don't wanna be housewives and here she is actually doing it. Sure she's probably a bit quirky. But just like all the strong independent roundhouse kicking women in Anglo countries like to be loud and proud about "paving the way" for other women to join the infantry or some bs. Well here, things like this can tell other girls is ok if you wanna actually be a girl and a wife. This should be praised and encouraged. It's what's good for them and a family. For God's sakes guys.
Facepalm

Quote from Katrina
"I agree with old-fashioned values, like being a housewife, taking care of your family, nurturing the people in it and keeping your house in excellent condition, so everyone feels relaxed."

Shes actually puttin words into action. Sounds good to me She'll probably be a good mother. Having a chick with an interest like this would be fun. Id be playing Glenn Miller all day of everyday.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019 11:42 AM by Spectrumwalker.)
10-01-2019 11:34 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
spokepoker, Buck Wild, Robert High Hawk, wwtl, Dismal Operator, eradicator, Handsome Creepy Eel, HermeticAlly, PapayaTapper, Leonard D Neubache, Brazilianguy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Married woman quits her job to become an ultramarathoner while living in a van Roosh 47 4,426 10-09-2019 06:16 PM
Last Post: Vasily Zaytsev
  Western " experts" : Women are happier without children and husbands Goni 40 6,037 06-13-2019 03:18 AM
Last Post: Richard Turpin
  Ugly woman crushes watermelons with her THIGHS... "believes" she scared off Roosh muscless 72 26,472 01-18-2019 09:25 PM
Last Post: eradicator