Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Homelessness in America
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Homelessness in America
I think it's time for homelessness to have its own thread, especially since the problem is growing.

The number of homeless I saw on the West coast was staggering. In San Francisco, it got so bad for one neighborhood street that they put gigantic boulders on the sidewalk so homeless wouldn't set up tents. The city government responded by removing them...

Depending on what study you use, 25-50% of all homeless in the USA live in California, and city governments appear too demoralized to try and solve the problem.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
10-01-2019 11:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 16 users Like Roosh's post:
kruger41, spokepoker, infowarrior1, Handsome Creepy Eel, jordypip23, HermeticAlly, Sherman, jeffreyjerpp, billbudsocket, Brodiaga, Kingsley Davis, Gusamaso, DamienCasanova, John Michael Kane, TravelingBodybuilder, Professor Fox
Eazy_E Offline
Banned

RE: Homelessness in America
Cut finding for mental health, opiate addiction epidemic, and a housing market fueled by Chinese speculators desperate to get money out of China, yeah, that'll happen. Add in that generally liberal California attitude on this.

Basically, California put out cheese and now they're surprised there's rats. Seattle is the same. My Midwestern sensibilities were offended at all the homeless and people passed out on heroin on the sidewalk that you just step over and go about your day.
10-01-2019 11:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 14 users Like Eazy_E's post:
Jacob Rast, kruger41, spokepoker, infowarrior1, JiggyLordJr, Handsome Creepy Eel, Benoit, Monty_Brogan, Isaac Jordan, Feyoder, TigOlBitties, Gusamaso, white22, John Michael Kane
Zenta Offline
Robin
Gold Member

I was just talking to a client the other day and he said he recently went to San Francisco. I mentioned how I heard(from your vids) that the homelessness was quite bad there and he went on and on to tell me how it smells like piss there and there are homeless everywhere.

My mom recently talked to a friend of mine who went to Seattle that had the same remakes as San Francisco, homeless shit and a piss everywhere. Its quite sad.

Even riding my bike downtown here at night now that I just moved close to our downtown I see quite a few more homeless out here than I expected to. I'll see a homeless at least every 3 blocks if not a few. I watched a big homeless brawl happen two nights ago in a little area where about 10 people were trying to sleep on benches. Its going to start becoming worse everywhere.
10-02-2019 12:00 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Zenta's post:
infowarrior1, Brodiaga
ThriceLazarus Offline
Banned

Ah, Los Diablos.

I spent years in that city, slaving in kitchens, tucking away in seedy alleys for a quick cigarette. Always there was company, some pleasant, or not so much.

I befriended quite a few critters. For the most part, their condition was a choice. The more ‘together’ ones were usually once criminals. Gang bangers, drug dealers, that sort of thing. They stuck to crack and cocaine and the occasional spoonful of heroin. They still had most of their souls, and with a Love and a little luck they could slip from the grip of those city streets. However, they could not submit to curfews and cleanliness - their lives so low, to be without some perturbant, to be sober, would be agony. Further still, there are petty pecking orders, and as such some missions are no-man’s land.

Then there were those who had succumbed to Meth. It’s dirty in LA, it leaps upon you, claws sunk deep, and it rides you hard. A demonic drug, truly. It shatters the mind - it induces a mild psychosis, and drives one to do dark things to find more. The drug itself is not so destructive, I knew a few functional meth connoisseurs. However, the self-hatred and disassociation strangles like a serpent. Coupled with that ever present mild psychosis and the downward spiral yields full-blown schizophrenia. Especially when considering the cocktail of chemicals toyed with along the way.

Most of the men who were homeless were crack heads. Nearly all the women were meth whores. Strangely enough, very few of the critters I dealt with were genuinely mentally ill - that is to say due to some genetic condition or naturally occuring chemical imbalance. Much of their madness is affected - a tattered and ratty cloak to hide their nakedness.

What perpetuates the problem?

The weather.
The drug trade.
The handouts. Some of these people make a hundred dollars and more a day, posting up on the right street corner.
The breakdown of the family.
The atomization of community.
Most importantly, the lack of personal accountability.

Almost all of these people have done this to themselves. Do not misunderstand me - most of these people have suffered great tragedy, deep trauma. Most of them, though, had the choice to heal. Instead they gave away their power. To admit that, to face it, it is too much to bare.

So bury it another night. Another drink. Another petty crime. Another hit. Another strange cock. Another needle. Another day.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 12:30 AM by ThriceLazarus.)
10-02-2019 12:25 AM
[-] The following 37 users Like ThriceLazarus's post:
Zenta, MusicForThePiano, kruger41, spokepoker, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, infowarrior1, JiggyLordJr, Simeon_Strangelight, Handsome Creepy Eel, Benoit, Monty_Brogan, kinjutsu, BlastbeatCasanova, Nemausus, kosko, TheBowery, jordypip23, Xntrik, Geomann180, Isaac Jordan, MikeInRealLife, louiebeans, MKE-Ed, Brodiaga, Samseau, TigOlBitties, Professor Fox, Gusamaso, DamienCasanova, John Michael Kane, Dark Emperor, Starboy94, Deusleveult, joost, kamoz, bucky, pitbullowner
MusicForThePiano Offline
Woodpecker

I heard of a program where homeless all across America are given free one-way Greyhound bus tickets to California. There is a concerted effort to remove the homeless and dump them all in California. For the love of mother I can't remember what this program is called, but its real, talked to a guy in South Carolina a few years back who was handing out the tickets to homeless near Charleston.

It is a growing demographic as more people become mentally ill or their pre-existing mental condition renders them unable to function, the money market gets tighter, families break apart, illegals pour in, men get D-raped, kids trying to escape from ghettos etc.

Throughout history most homeless people became their own class of peasants carving out some meaning of existence on a patch of mud they could occupy and at least feed themselves and sleep at night, but I don't see that level of organization in American bums, other than their addictions and mental illnesses and financially bereft state, the only place I've known of them working together to help each other was in the Las Vegas undercity tunnels.

You can't cheat nature.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 12:42 AM by MusicForThePiano.)
10-02-2019 12:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MusicForThePiano's post:
kruger41
SomeOneSomeWhere Offline
Robin

Let me tell you about homelessness in western Europe:

Rapefugees AKA the new Europeans get housing preference and locals deemed to have lesser needs get their public housing rental contracts cancelled.

Few people own apartments in Europe and most just rent as buying apartments was historically a bad move unless you had millions laying around and wanted to diversify. (200k for a place that rents for 500 a month anyone?)

This means more low income Europeans now living like illegal mexican immigrants (a whole family in a tiny apartment), flat sharing forever, ending up homeless or having to move around country to find some other place, still remaining vulnerable to homelessness.

The powers that be also caused an artificial housing shortage and sky high costs for newly built apartments on the free market.

The genocidal elites really know how to crush a population...

If you're on the verge of homelessness you're the least likely person to rock the boat while an army of unskilled, aimless, lower class muslims of fighting age gets to live a worry free life so they have the spare time to gang up and brutalize the population.

The US middle class has pretty much been gutted with offshoring and young people are forced into deep debt for commie indoctrination camps if they want a job at all and if you're a straight while male it's pretty much a bait and switch to crush you financially as no jobs but English teaching abroad await you.

Any unskilled jobs are exclusively given to women and minorities that are soon to be majorities and lower class whites will soon make up the majority of homeless people if they aren't already.

The house of cards built on debt bubbles is falling apart for a lot of boomers as well.

We have interesting times ahead friendos...
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 02:07 AM by SomeOneSomeWhere.)
10-02-2019 02:00 AM
[-] The following 24 users Like SomeOneSomeWhere's post:
spokepoker, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, MusicForThePiano, infowarrior1, JiggyLordJr, Simeon_Strangelight, Jones, Handsome Creepy Eel, kinjutsu, Leonard D Neubache, Cal Meacham, Feyoder, mbare, Brodiaga, Samseau, TigOlBitties, Gusamaso, DamienCasanova, John Michael Kane, Deusleveult, fokm, Professor Fox, bucky, pitbullowner
infowarrior1 Offline
Ostrich

(10-01-2019 11:40 PM)Eazy_E Wrote:  Cut finding for mental health, opiate addiction epidemic, and a housing market fueled by Chinese speculators desperate to get money out of China, yeah, that'll happen. Add in that generally liberal California attitude on this.

Basically, California put out cheese and now they're surprised there's rats. Seattle is the same. My Midwestern sensibilities were offended at all the homeless and people passed out on heroin on the sidewalk that you just step over and go about your day.

Plus they hand out free clean needles:
Quote:The city distributes approximately 400,000 syringes per month, about 18 per person, or one every one and a half to two days, between 4.45 to 4.8 million annually.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/5/9/17336090/...numbers-sf

Of course those needles plague the urban areas. Plus "Safe-injection sites"

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article...553616.php[behind a paywall].

So Free drugs and Free needles. And Free Medical care to protect them while encouraging drug use.
10-02-2019 04:27 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like infowarrior1's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Samseau
JiggyLordJr Offline
Robin

Just before I left New York a few months ago, I had noticed a stark increase in new homeless people. Yeah, there are the guys you see everyday in the subway for 20 years, and get used to their presence. But there were many more new faces around, littering parks, train stations, and storefronts with their cardboard setups and dismal vibes.

This uptick is a symptom of a larger problem, mostly having to do with the unaffordability of basic living costs. Many apartments in Manhattan are bought, but never occupied, and sit as investment properties for wealthy foreign investors (mostly Chinese). Large, livable apartments empty all year round - yet there are homeless sleeping on concrete right in front of the building. When homelessness started to reach epidemic levels I left NYC in a jiffy; count me out of this broken system.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 04:48 AM by JiggyLordJr.)
10-02-2019 04:47 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
BlueMark, Handsome Creepy Eel, Monty_Brogan, infowarrior1, Leonard D Neubache, spokepoker, Brodiaga, TigOlBitties, Gusamaso
Tex Cruise Offline
Kingfisher

The first time I'd seen rows of tents and tarps within cities was on this forum, or in Roosh's Babylon Road videos. I thought, well, in Australia either the cops or the local council would be along fairly quickly to tell you to piss off and issue you with some kind of loitering or public nuisance ticket if you tried it here. In days gone by they would've just kicked your ass if you refused.
Apparently not any more. The couple of truck drivers I've mentioned it to say there are certain parts of the major cities here already infected.

(01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  I stand by my analysis.
10-02-2019 05:20 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Tex Cruise's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, infowarrior1, Leonard D Neubache, JiggyLordJr, Feyoder, spokepoker, bucky
SpursFan741 Offline
Robin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NoQ2IoOsvE

How is this woman able to be homeless in LA? I thought all FSU who went abroad could survive pretty well :/...
10-02-2019 05:24 AM
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

What is it that attracts (domestic) homeless to California? I know the weather is very forgiving, but do they get massive welfare or something? And why are they so specifically massed in San Francisco?

Or are most of the homeless also illegal immigrants, so California as the most illegal-friendly state is logically slated to have the most of them?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
10-02-2019 05:56 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
infowarrior1, Captainstabbin, spokepoker
BlueMark Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

Weather, handouts, tolerant political climate.

What a man can be, he must be. --Abraham Maslow
10-02-2019 06:13 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like BlueMark's post:
infowarrior1, Solitaire
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Yep, mild weather and lack of inclement weather are the biggest causes for massive California

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
10-02-2019 06:23 AM
kinjutsu Offline
Pelican

Yeah in Canada Vancouver is getting pretty bad, i was there recently and saw used needles in the storm drains and shit on the streets.
The weather rarely gets bad just alot of rain even during the winter months.
I live in a city with a full 4 seasons and we didn'tt see too much homeless increases over the past few years, but i feel that it's just a matter of time.

Also you can add "clean injection sites" to the list of reasons why homesless/street drug addicts continue to grow. A bunch of communities having been fighting tooth and nail to reject any and all proposals to have them in their community.

My Twitter

You can't get lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday though...
10-02-2019 06:51 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like kinjutsu's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, infowarrior1
redbeard Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

10-02-2019 07:18 AM
Barron Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Relevant:

The last half of the video about "Pod Sharing" in SF is particularly alarming as he exposes the liberal authoritarian wet dream of forcing everyone beneath them to always be around other people, having no privacy, etc. The Millennial CEO even brags about being from the USSR and presents the idea of "the government giving you everything you need" as a desirable lifestyle choice.

two scoops
two genders
two terms
10-02-2019 08:06 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Barron's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Gusamaso
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

(10-02-2019 08:06 AM)Barron Wrote:  Relevant:

The last half of the video about "Pod Sharing" in SF is particularly alarming as he exposes the liberal authoritarian wet dream of forcing everyone beneath them to always be around other people, having no privacy, etc. The Millennial CEO even brags about being from the USSR and presents the idea of "the government giving you everything you need" as a desirable lifestyle choice.

Back in the days of the USSR they pushed hard for removing privacy, going as far as to force multiple unrelated families to live in large, minimally walled apartments.

This was obviously aimed at breaking down a person's ability to decry the regime, even on a familial level. Imagine trying to teach your son red-pilled truths in that kind of environment knowing that the a-holes you're living with are likely to try to win favour with the politburo by grassing on your ass the second you step out of line. I have no doubt they hand-picked pairs of loyalists and "unreliable" families to be conjoined.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
10-02-2019 08:19 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, infowarrior1, spokepoker, Deusleveult, Professor Fox
Eazy_E Offline
Banned

Where do you think George Orwell got the idea in 1984 that the children are little indoctrinated monsters who narc their parents at every opportunity?
10-02-2019 08:51 AM
kriskringle Offline
Banned

Yes, very true, no homeless exist outside the pacific time zone...just another psyop

EBT can be used at fast food in California (not every county but most for you data nerds). Imagine the pandemonium that would ensue if most states allowed that. All out full chant. Worse than anything Trump could invoke.

Looks like California is at least rational enough to realize the homeless don't have a place to prepare the food.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 09:13 AM by kriskringle.)
10-02-2019 09:02 AM
ThriceLazarus Offline
Banned

@Handsome Creepy Eel

In my opinion it’s the drugs.

It’s hard to be homeless without obliterating yourself every day. See, we’re privileged in California - we get wholesale prices on most of this stuff.

It’s been a while since I’ve been about that life but cocaine was around $50 an 8th on the lower end. With the right connections you were looking at $100 for good quality. Meth is about the same price, and it goes much further. Weed is $5 a gram for flower that was top-shelf in the 80’s, $10 for weapons grade THC. You can find wax for $40 a gram, though you need a rig for that. Same $5 pricetag for hydrocodone - a single pill that is. Never mucked about with heroin, can’t imagine it’s that expensive now that it’s cut with fentanyl.

The massive wealth disparity combined with the absolute cowardice of most of the plastic people in LA make it extremely easy to hustle someone for a few bucks. Millennials hate being in the thick of discomfort, easier to just throw the critter a few bills and make the problem go away. The homeless here are dogs about it too, aggressive.
10-02-2019 09:21 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like ThriceLazarus's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, infowarrior1, JiggyLordJr, spokepoker, Samseau
Azuma Offline
Pigeon

Again, Deus Ex was right.

It won't be long until the regular citizens are too afraid to step outside and the only people in the streets are the homeless and law enforcement.

I just have to wonder what 'disease' the elites want to use to control us with? In Deus Ex, it was the 'Gray Death' with ambrosia as the vaccine.

I would guess something like HIV/AIDS considering the amount of effort is being put in to turn the population into sodomites, but as there is no cure for that, it will only serve to depopulate the world.

We could all end up homeless if the masses are convinced owning property contributes to 'climate change'.

First your family unit/values, then your freedom of speech, then your guns, and finally your homes...until you've got nothing left.
10-02-2019 09:28 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Azuma's post:
Cal Meacham, infowarrior1
NoMoreTO Offline
Kingfisher

(10-02-2019 06:51 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  Yeah in Canada Vancouver is getting pretty bad, i was there recently and saw used needles in the storm drains and shit on the streets.
The weather rarely gets bad just alot of rain even during the winter months.
I live in a city with a full 4 seasons and we didn'tt see too much homeless increases over the past few years, but i feel that it's just a matter of time.

Also you can add "clean injection sites" to the list of reasons why homesless/street drug addicts continue to grow. A bunch of communities having been fighting tooth and nail to reject any and all proposals to have them in their community.

Injection sites are on the rise in Canada at an alarming rate.

In Ottawa - I was living in Byward Market this past summer, a hip restaurant, bar, tourist area just 1-2 km east of Parliament Hill. This is by a high end area. There are injections sites and homeless shelters in the area. I had a balcony facing out on the street, and at night I would often watch people who walking like zombies with limps, high off their kits, searching for cigarette butts on the lawn and sidewalk to get a puff.

A local barber told me that he has been there for 20 years in that location. People deal drugs from his entranceway every night. His grand daughter saw a couple of kids from her High School going walking around the area high off their kites. So its not just heavy users showing up here, there is a corruption element.

The barber explained that a Drug dealer asked him for a light, then smashed him over the head because he did not give him his lighter, but just offered to light his cigarette. The first time he had been assaulted in 20 years in Ottawa. He says he was concussed and is having some health problems now.

I also have lived in Liberty Village in Toronto, a very high end Yuppie area just west of downtown Toronto. This area is filled with single chicks with yoga pants, rich douchy guys etc. Recently , they have put an injection site in nearby. On a daily, nightly basis, you can see either an ambulance there, or a cop car.

Seeing what I have seen, I Would fight tooth and nail to keep these sites out of my community, and consider selling before one gets put in. Buyer Beware.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 09:57 AM by NoMoreTO.)
10-02-2019 09:56 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like NoMoreTO's post:
Nemausus, Laner, infowarrior1
Dr. Howard Away
Crow
Gold Member

(10-01-2019 11:40 PM)Eazy_E Wrote:  Cut finding for mental health, opiate addiction epidemic, and a housing market fueled by Chinese speculators desperate to get money out of China, yeah, that'll happen. Add in that generally liberal California attitude on this.

When they closed the huge asylums in the 80s the people that were better off institutionalized were put into the prison system, halfway houses or the streets. The halfway houses are now closed and its a prescription drug program to try and manage mental health. That obviously doesn't work and so now they end up on the streets. This is a good timeline https://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry..._03:40:54!

add drugs and ridiculous real estate/rental pricing and you have what we have today.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
10-02-2019 09:56 AM
NoMoreTO Offline
Kingfisher

Your friendly Government coming to help. 0.25 cents for a needle or meth pipe. But we don't encourage degeneracy.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019 10:09 AM by NoMoreTO.)
10-02-2019 10:08 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like NoMoreTO's post:
Nemausus, Barron, JiggyLordJr, spokepoker, Simeon_Strangelight, Samseau, infowarrior1, Gusamaso, white22, Professor Fox
66Scorpio Offline
Woodpecker

As ThriceLazarus pointed out, a lot of homeless choose to be homeless rather than be in housing where there would actually be rules to follow. It’s part of the larger attitude that you can’t force anyone to do anything they don’t want to, including not loitering, sleeping in public spaces, and even not pissing and shitting in the streets. The one leads to the other and you can’t really fix it. Public washrooms end up becoming crack dens and fuck stops for hookers, and generally damaged and dirty, costing a fortune to maintain.

MusicForThePiano writes about some program to ship the homeless to California. I have been informed by some friends who grew up in Alberta that the government would post the province’s welfare rates next to those in British Columbia and then offer them free bus fare to Vancouver. Vancouver probably has the worst homeless problem in the country (specifically the Downtown East Side). What drives that is the mild climate and leftist politics endemic to the west coast.

Drug addiction is probably the number one problem but everyone seems to go about dealing with it in the wrong way. “Harm Reduction” is basically “harm perpetuation” what with needle exchanges and safe injection sites (aka “shooting galleries”).

Typical drug enforcement involves attacking the supply side: smugglers, dealers, manufacturers. The thing is, basic economics suggests that you go after the demand side, the users. Reducing the supply will reduce the quantity of the drugs demanded but it increases the price. Higher prices generally mean more money going from addicts to criminals. Additionally, common sense and various studies indicate that drug supply is elastic in the medium and long term which means that when prices rise, more people get into the business of supplying drugs.

On the other hand, targeting users also reduces the amount of drugs consumed, but results in lowering the price as dealers try to move their short term supply to a smaller number of customers or a customer base that is less inclined to buy the product. In the short term less money comes out of the pockets of addicts and into the pockets of criminals, the latter of whom will exit the market in the long term as prices fall.

There is a debate about the elasticity of demand (price sensitivity) in the illegal drug market. The usual assumption is that it is inelastic so people will pay the going rate to feed their habit. Middle and upper class recreational users will still get high every now and then, even if they have to pay more, while addicts will find more money – more rigorous panhandling, or crimes of acquisition – to pay the higher cost and presumably relax more if the price falls. Some research indicates that crack users and the like have a unitary elasticity, that is they have a fixed budget to spend on drugs (basically all their money after covering food, clothing and housing – such as it is) so the quantity changes inversely proportionate to the price: prices rise 10%, they buy 10% less and the inverse.

Demand side measures are at least as effective at reducing the quantity of illegal drugs consumed but do so in a manner that decidedly reduces the amount of money flowing in the criminal system. However, they aren’t popular among lefties and lord knows some ninny on the Ninth Circuit would strike down various measures as being unconstitutional.

Still, various diversion programs can be used to keep people out of the criminal justice system and mandatory “residential” rehab programs have the twin benefits of keeping homeless off the street while getting them cleaned up so they don’t have to go back.
10-02-2019 10:59 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like 66Scorpio's post:
VNvet, spokepoker, FilipSRB, Samseau, TigOlBitties, JohnKreese, infowarrior1, Gusamaso

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Black America's plea to Hispanic America: Stop voting Democrat! EL CHAPO 31 10,922 09-25-2015 01:22 AM
Last Post: EL CHAPO
  Los Angeles City Council: Committee Declares a 'State of Emergency' on Homelessness Clemmo 12 3,902 09-23-2015 03:12 PM
Last Post: RIslander
  Unique Approach to "Ending" Homelessness Beyond Borders 17 9,873 02-02-2014 10:02 PM
Last Post: Sebastian