I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Is The Joker a psy-op?
Elmore Offline
Woodpecker

Is The Joker a psy-op?
Not seen it myself, but seen a lot of alt-right types championing it as if it's somehow "their film". It's a Hollywood production ffs, why would they make a film touching on these themes that wasn't subversive, and leading alienated white guys down a dark path?

Excellent Twitter thread on it here:

https://twitter.com/Philosophi_Cat/statu...6534515713
10-04-2019 03:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Bienvenuto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

RE: Is The Joker a psy-op?
10-04-2019 03:13 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Bienvenuto's post:
spokepoker, Elmore
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Woodpecker

I had a similar thought. Great movie, but the only way Hollywood would release something like this is to speed up the collapse that our ruling class is hoping for. Remember that the more violence they're able to inspire, the more militarized and authoritarian their response to it can be.

Return Of Kings contributor and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 03:18 AM by MichaelWitcoff.)
10-04-2019 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 18 users Like MichaelWitcoff's post:
MusicForThePiano, Elmore, It_is_my_time, Barron, Latan, rotekz, JiggyLordJr, jordypip23, Johnnyvee, debeguiled, Gusamaso, Zenta, bucky, Lovinglife, BigTony, gework, Sankt Michael, Brosemite
The Catalyst Offline
Pelican

From AC: https://www.anonymousconservative.com/bl...-09042019/

Quote:An anon on 4Chan pointed out that if you take away the murder, the Joker is happy, prefers random chance and individuality to central control and conformity, has his own ideology, doesn’t care about money, doesn’t respect “the system,” and ignores what authority tells him. He is the individualist. Jack Nicholson’s character was even charming, funny, and would have been a fun guy to walk into a party with if he wasn’t going to kill anyone. Bruce Wayne is unhappy and dark, prefers central control and conformity over randomness, has no ideology, needs his fiat currency to live his life, supports the system, and does what authority wants him to do in suppressing individualist characters like the Joker. The anon made the case the psyop was to take a good character and have him senselessly murder innocent people. That way all of his traits would subconsciously come to be seen as bad. Meanwhile, you take the evil communist apparatchik and have him prevent the good character from committing atrocities so the ruthless, all powerful Apparatchik would subconsciously be seen in the minds of people as the hero, as he suppressed the individual. Think about how in a Batman movie, because of that one aspect – the joker killing innocent people – you subconsciously are viewing yourself as Batman, wanting to succeed for two full hours, in carrying out the mission he is performing, which is that of the apparatchik crushing and utterly defeating the “weird” individualist who isn’t like everyone else and who won’t conform before the state. That is two full hours of repetitious brain conditioning which you are paying for, and volunteering to undergo. Note, this dichotomy in your mind was even subconsciously emphasized in real life by one of their MK Ultra windup toys, because when I think of the Joker’s image, I see a mentally ill mass shooter who shot up a movie theater full of innocent people. He is a bad guy.

Now as a mental exercise ask yourself, if Batman was killing innocent people for an oppressive state, and the Joker was the hero fighting Batman, would the movie seem somehow more formulaic in your mind, with a colorful charismatic, funny, good guy, and a dark, brooding, evil bad guy who needed to be killed? The qualities fit better for a reason. That is how the older movie would have played out, before Cabal decided to use our cultural propaganda to destroy freedom and America’s greatness, and go full on against the individual. Oddly enough I am pretty sure somewhere on here months or maybe years back, I said that to Cabal, by espousing simple freedom, we would be seen by them as being like Heath Ledger’s Joker, maliciously upsetting the carefully crafted, controlled environment they wanted to create by making it play out randomly based on our own random, honest outcomes as free individuals. Even I saw the themes if not how they were being used in the franchise to mold minds. You do not realize how your mind absorbs the entire gestalt, to the point people get hypnotized later, and can remember license plates they didn’t even make note of around them. All it takes then is for a good emotional valence to get attached to an aspect of that gestalt – for an amygdala trigger to be connected to something – and who you are, who you aspire to be, what you are driven to do, can be changed. Maybe not in one movie, but if you control a culture… I am wondering if the change in race of Batman is because they want the blacks to aspire to become apparatchiks, and it wasn’t happening as well with a white Batman. they need to stop individualist Blacks who have now begun to seek freedom and support self-determination by supporting Trump. This may be a small part of what will be a larger cultural drive to get the Blacks back on the big-government plantation as we go forward.
10-04-2019 03:50 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like The Catalyst's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Tactician
Elmore Offline
Woodpecker

(10-04-2019 03:18 AM)MichaelWitcoff Wrote:  I had a similar thought. Great movie, but the only way Hollywood would release something like this is to speed up the collapse that our ruling class is hoping for. Remember that the more violence they're able to inspire, the more militarized and authoritarian their response to it can be.

Indeed, and this stuff could well be made for the purpose of enabling and encouraging alienated losers to 'go all out'. Who will be blamed then, toxic white males, gun laws, privacy laws etc. Classic bait and switch.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 05:12 AM by Elmore.)
10-04-2019 05:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elmore's post:
amity
d'Aversa Offline
Sparrow

(10-04-2019 03:18 AM)MichaelWitcoff Wrote:  to speed up the collapse that our ruling class is hoping for.

I struggle to see logic in this statement. The collapse is the last thing the establishment would want. The dream scenario for them is status quo maintained ad infinitum, population reduced to the lowest common denominator and controlled with bread and circuses. Movies like this will NOT have an effect of "rallying the masses" to rebel against the system. To the contrary. A teenager will go to the cinema with his friends, watch a movie about a guy who's had too much and snaps, will root for his "hero" and enjoy a nice dopamine boost, which will last a while and then the entire thing is forgotten. It's all "panem et circenses", like ALL of what's in TV. Another cinematic example is the movie "Falling Down". The main character freaks out so you don't have to. It pretends to be slightly politically incorrect, so you see the reflection of your own worries and perspectives on the screen, but at the same time it shows what happens to those who break the ranks and go against the conditioning - suffering and ultimately death.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 06:14 AM by d'Aversa.)
10-04-2019 06:09 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like d'Aversa's post:
Syberpunk, CynicalContrarian, Beyond Borders
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

My personal take is that if this new Joker movie is social programming then the purpose of it is to channel rebelliousness into impotent anarchic individualism.

This is why the honk pill has to be quickly surpassed by the God pill. Try to recall a movie or two where instead of a lone individualist fighting against the system it's a cadre of dedicated men working in unison as brothers.

Take your time. There's a reason such movies are rare as hen's teeth and it's the same reason the authorities went into overdrive shutting down Roosh's global ROK meetup initiative.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 06:39 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
10-04-2019 06:39 AM
[-] The following 15 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Elmore, Geomann180, DamienCasanova, Richard Turpin, debeguiled, Gusamaso, MusicForThePiano, Enigma, robreke, MajorStyles, Tactician, Syberpunk, gework, John Michael Kane, Sankt Michael
[email protected] Offline
Pelican

Anything out of Hollywood is a psyop. The only thing different this time around was that leftists didn't like what they were seeing in this film.

They like:
-eating the rich, taking back power from capitalists through force.
-race mixing, cuckoldry (the girl joker likes is black female single mom)
-anti-gun messages
-government services gud, lack thereof bad
-antifa-like mob behavior gud

What they don't like seeing:
-violent white man
-mysoginist incel creepy white guy that is entitled to woman's affection
-lone wolf might inspire violence in others that lead to tragedy
-story sympathetic to oppressed white man (white men cannot be oppressed, they are white men!).

The story is overwhelming leftist. The problem is that the story glorifies a oppressed white man (that can't get gf) and this is intolerable to the left.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 07:11 AM by [email protected].)
10-04-2019 07:07 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like [email protected]'s post:
Leonard D Neubache, MusicForThePiano, Captainstabbin, Tactician, Syberpunk, Beyond Borders, gework, Going strong, John Michael Kane, Sankt Michael
[email protected] Offline
Pelican

Delete
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 07:11 AM by [email protected].)
10-04-2019 07:10 AM
Richard Turpin Offline
Kingfisher

(10-04-2019 06:39 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Try to recall a movie or two where instead of a lone individualist fighting against the system it's a cadre of dedicated men working in unison as brothers.

Take your time. There's a reason such movies are rare as hen's teeth and it's the same reason the authorities went into overdrive shutting down Roosh's global ROK meetup initiative.

True enough. Not quite the same I know, but the only thing that springs to mind for me would be the gang of rookie vigilante bike-cops in Magnum Force. Then Dirty Harry finds out they are being led by his boss.

But other than that, I'm struggling ...

As for Joker. I'm intrigued now and will give it a go. Won't break my Hollyweird boycott though. No, gonna break that to see RAMBO: LAST BLOOD.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 07:22 AM by Richard Turpin.)
10-04-2019 07:15 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Richard Turpin's post:
Leonard D Neubache, MusicForThePiano, bucky, Tactician, amity
Belgrano Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(10-04-2019 06:39 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Try to recall a movie or two where instead of a lone individualist fighting against the system it's a cadre of dedicated men working in unison as brothers.

Fight Club.
10-04-2019 07:54 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like Belgrano's post:
Leonard D Neubache, DamienCasanova, MikeInRealLife, MusicForThePiano, spokepoker, robreke, bigolteddies, Tactician, etwsake, gework
sanbruno Offline
Sparrow

I’m sorry but shit like this just makes this forum look stupid. Some of you seem to look for conspiracies in everything the same way SJWs look for “racism” in everything to protect their simplistic and emotionally based worldview. Sorry, but I think some of you just want to convince yourselves there is some sort of hand at play in everything because it implies there is in turn a simple reason and solution to any particular problem or phenomenon.
10-04-2019 07:56 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like sanbruno's post:
questor70, Goldin Boy, TooFineAPoint, spokepoker, Zenta, Kungfu, crystalcastle, gework
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

Joker is more a pro-Antifa flic according to reviews - also with anti-Trump references. That it's a white bloke is the only thing that hurts the SJWs.

But it seems to be a movie that is very well made and thus even if propaganda - very good propaganda.

I doubt it's anything alt-right despite the claims - as I said - it would be a 99% approval rating on rotten shill tomatoes if they race-swapped the Joker.
10-04-2019 08:44 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Tactician, Going strong
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

(10-04-2019 07:54 AM)Belgrano Wrote:  

Fight Club.

The gold standard, and a movie that would never be produced today under any circumstances. SS noted that it slipped by the gatekeepers back in the day and they weren't very happy about it.

Even then, the end shows Norton defeating the "bad guy" leading Project Mayhem so that he can be with his disgusting anchor of a tramp.

(10-04-2019 07:56 AM)sanbruno Wrote:  I’m sorry but shit like this just makes this forum look stupid. Some of you seem to look for conspiracies in everything the same way SJWs look for “racism” in everything to protect their simplistic and emotionally based worldview. Sorry, but I think some of you just want to convince yourselves there is some sort of hand at play in everything because it implies there is in turn a simple reason and solution to any particular problem or phenomenon.

Apology accepted. Try not to let it happen again.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 08:51 AM by Leonard D Neubache.)
10-04-2019 08:49 AM
[-] The following 14 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
DamienCasanova, Richard Turpin, d'Aversa, loremipsum, 911, VNvet, Simeon_Strangelight, MikeInRealLife, Gusamaso, MusicForThePiano, bucky, robreke, Tactician, Sankt Michael
Geomann180 Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(10-04-2019 07:56 AM)sanbruno Wrote:  I’m sorry but shit like this just makes this forum look stupid. Some of you seem to look for conspiracies in everything the same way SJWs look for “racism” in everything to protect their simplistic and emotionally based worldview. Sorry, but I think some of you just want to convince yourselves there is some sort of hand at play in everything because it implies there is in turn a simple reason and solution to any particular problem or phenomenon.

K.

G
10-04-2019 09:03 AM
Bienvenuto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

In all seriousness...

Go and watch the film. Phoenix is brilliant. The other characters are just scenery around him. From the beginning we are told that he is mentally ill. He isn't an inspirational hero or anti-hero.
He is a man in need of understanding but the tragedy is that there is no possible world in which he would get the understanding that he needs.

Everyone poor in the film is anti-authority and 'angry' and whingeing and crying.
Everyone rich is basically saying Fuck off and just leave us alone will you? (with the exception of the 3 bankers).
But they are all just background.

The film has no big message. It doesn't inspire hatred or rage or courage or anything.

Just fascination with one sad and lonely character as brilliantly acted by phoenix.

But that character was always going to implode, which he does and when he does you feel that he was misunderstood..
but then..
I mean is that the psy-op?

Or is it that we should hold out for better films?
That we see how shit most Hollywood performances are in comparison?
That a film about a lonely crazy person wandering around is better than all the "This Summer! The World will Stand Still! Time will End! One Man will..!" bullshit movies showing at the multiplex that we get forced on us?

The revolution is that we will all hold out for better art and stop watching Marvel and Star Wars films?

Or is it that we will take more notice of the crazies and the overlooked that wander amongst us?
And take time to engage them in conversation?
Or check in on them when they're our neighbours? Or get them a cup of tea from the local deli sometimes? That the crazies and the psychopaths need our "understanding"?

Cos the former would be pretty groundbreaking and radical but totally against the wishes of the ruling class..

And the latter already exists in liberal dogma but it is pretty mild and inoffensive compared to abortion and immigration and gun control.

I left this movie with none of my preconceptions challenged, just feeling way more chilled out and relaxed than when I went in> because Id watched some good acting and direction for once.

So either this is the most aimless and ill-thought-out psy-op in history..
Or people on twitter are overthinking things..

Reminds me of the time that Eddie Bravo was on Joe Rogan and argued that Ancient Native American Myths were all CIA mind-control operations, they'd time travelled back through time and invented ancient cultures and their folk tales to bamboozle hippies in the future..

I mean it's feasible..
10-04-2019 10:19 AM
[-] The following 12 users Like Bienvenuto's post:
TooFineAPoint, Beyond Borders, spokepoker, Zenta, Tactician, CynicalContrarian, MrDoe, Benoit, ChefAllDay, gework, Sankt Michael, BoiBoi
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

I wonder when they'll make the next Joker movie? Maybe a year or two?

Who will they get to play the Joker next time? Here are my guesses:

-Justin Beiber
-Robert Pattinson
-Arnold
-Clint Eastwood
-The Rock
-Russell Brand
-Crispin Glover
-Macauley Culkin

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 10:55 AM by RoastBeefCurtains4Me.)
10-04-2019 10:54 AM
budoslavic Offline
Crow
Gold Member

10-04-2019 11:15 AM
Johnnyvee Offline
Pelican

The "mental illness" angle is interesting. It plays nicely into the big food and big pharma narratives. In other words not addressing the real cause of neurological diseases, which boils down to diet. You don`t really see any serious so called mental illness in hunter-gatherers, and the scientific explanation is quite clear also. It`s simply a mismatch between genes and environment, in the modern civilized world that is. Genetic variance and philogeny differences explains why the same problematic diet (industrial and to some extent agricultural diet) causes various pathologies in different people, or not.

The film also creates an impression that we need the State/psychiatry to help us remove dangerous individuals, or else! When it`s the same forces or institutions that for the most part creates all these problems, mostly due to monetary incentives.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019 11:27 AM by Johnnyvee.)
10-04-2019 11:25 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Johnnyvee's post:
kruger41, MusicForThePiano, Tactician, Syberpunk, gework, Captain Gh
66Scorpio Offline
Woodpecker

Just about any war or heist movie.
10-04-2019 11:49 AM
questor70 Offline
Ostrich

Come on, now. It's not just diet. Today's culture is devoid of any sense of higher purpose. Also, big city life always tends to promote vice and devalues the sanctity of life.
10-04-2019 11:59 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like questor70's post:
Elmore, kruger41, Renzy, Tactician, Benoit, gework, Sankt Michael
TooFineAPoint Online
Pelican

(10-04-2019 08:49 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  
(10-04-2019 07:54 AM)Belgrano Wrote:  

Fight Club.

The gold standard, and a movie that would never be produced today under any circumstances. SS noted that it slipped by the gatekeepers back in the day and they weren't very happy about it.

They weren't happy about it because it lost money at the box office. They had no problem whatsoever with its message.

Fight Club (the book) was written by a completely pozzed and subversive faggot. As to the movie, the director joked that it was a satire of what dumb young men would do if they read too much Nietzsche.

I saw the movie the first night it opened, and re-watch it once a year. I love that film. But it has no support for anything this forum stands for, except for a slightly infantile lashing out against consumerism. Otherwise it is a twisted message of depravity (that is very entertaining).
10-04-2019 12:27 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like TooFineAPoint's post:
loremipsum, spokepoker, Cyr, gework, Going strong
Johnnyvee Offline
Pelican

(10-04-2019 11:59 AM)questor70 Wrote:  Come on, now. It's not just diet. Today's culture is devoid of any sense of higher purpose. Also, big city life always tends to promote vice and devalues the sanctity of life.

Schizophrenia, OCD etc. is purely a dietary issue. I`m not referring to a general lack of purpose and so on. That is a different issue all together. That is not mental disease, which as I said is not mental, but brain, endocrine, autoimmune related.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
10-04-2019 12:32 PM
hedonist Offline
Woodpecker

[Image: 55f2fbd9180000270061cd69.png?ops=scalefit_630_noupscale]

Well the real joke is for all the self improvement bs if this guy got out of prison he would get more ass than any PUA “guru”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55f2e...ecbfa3f566

Never really understood the hype of this character... if heath ledger never died no one would have cared ... there have been so many better villains over the years without the whole circus involved.

I do understand the parallels of this current film with what is going on though etc
I think it’s more a danger putting these guys on the cover of rollingstone and seeing the female attention they get than a film though...
10-04-2019 03:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes hedonist's post:
bucky
Pinkman Offline
Sparrow

(10-04-2019 12:32 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  Schizophrenia, OCD etc. is purely a dietary issue. I`m not referring to a general lack of purpose and so on. That is a different issue all together. That is not mental disease, which as I said is not mental, but brain, endocrine, autoimmune related.

You have man with a hammer syndrome.
10-04-2019 03:15 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Pinkman's post:
questor70, TigerMandingo, Benoit