I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Modelling & Passive Income
Choco_Paul Offline
Pigeon

Modelling & Passive Income
Hey guys, I am currently a college student in my early 20's. I have been having the desire to pursue high-fashion modelling and I have taken photo shots to develop my portfolio. I have been looking up for modelling agencies to apply and it has been pretty challenging as for the country I am in their clientele is usually not my ethnicity/descent.

Also, I am finding ways to work on my passive income and it has been pretty overwhelming as there is too many information online regarding about passive income. For active income, I have been working in some part-time jobs to earn some wages and save up. So, I can invest it for my passive income and I have the desire to travel to other parts of the world.

Overall, I have to balance three things (including academia) in my life right now and it's a big challenge.

I am working hard on getting signed by a modelling agency so I can pursue it. Also, in few years time, I want to attain financial freedom as I have no desire to get involved in a 9-5 job. I would appreciate if you all could provide your inputs and help me with how I can sort these things out. Thanks
10-04-2019 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Barron Online
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Modelling & Passive Income
Are you using Instagram to promote yourself and your portfolio?

two scoops
two genders
two terms
10-05-2019 03:56 AM
Choco_Paul Offline
Pigeon

(10-05-2019 03:56 AM)Barron Wrote:  Are you using Instagram to promote yourself and your portfolio?

Yes. I am currently using my original IG profile to promote myself. But, I am planning on creating a second IG profile where the theme will be based on my modelling portfolio. So, I can gain more exposure and as a result, I'll be able to gain more followers which is what I am lacking currently.
10-05-2019 10:22 PM
travolta Offline
Pelican

I somehow doubt this forum has many models on it, but you probably need to network with more male models (e.g. tall gay guys) if you want to get into this field. Move to NYC, LA, or somewhere where there's a niche for you, like how you see how Russian girls in Tokyo who could not make it in NYC.
10-06-2019 02:42 PM
Choco_Paul Offline
Pigeon

(10-06-2019 02:42 PM)travolta Wrote:  I somehow doubt this forum has many models on it, but you probably need to network with more male models (e.g. tall gay guys) if you want to get into this field. Move to NYC, LA, or somewhere where there's a niche for you, like how you see how Russian girls in Tokyo who could not make it in NYC.

I appreciate the advice travolta. I would have to save up a lot more in order to move to either NYC or LA. I have heard there's a big negative in LA so I might plan on NYC instead though it's hella expensive. Currently, I am stuck in college. So, I'll have to work my way through and I am in the means of networking locally with people who have connections with models and trying to meet some models as well. Yes. I got to find my niche in the high-fashion modelling world.
10-06-2019 08:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Datasheet: How to Write College Essays for a Living -- Location-Independent Income WombRaider 15 2,297 07-10-2019 02:23 AM
Last Post: TRT Expat
  Supplementing Your Income with Side Hustles - $15,000 US a year booshala 188 143,989 03-29-2019 01:59 PM
Last Post: nomadbrah
  Retiring early abroad on passive income from index funds ArloDash 26 4,408 03-23-2019 12:00 PM
Last Post: Australia Sucks