I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The More Chores A Husband Does, The More Likely The Marriage Will End In Divorce
Brillynt Offline
Pigeon
Gold Member

The More Chores A Husband Does, The More Likely The Marriage Will End In Divorce
Science seems to be catching up to what a lot of us already know.

Quote:Couples may be better off living in a "traditional" household where women do all the housework if they want to stay together, according to a report from the Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Science.

Norwegian researchers were interested to see how married and cohabiting men and women divided housework and childcare throughout various life stages. They analyzed two separate studies involving nearly 20,000 men and women aged 18 to 79: the study of Life Course, Generation and Gender, and the study of the Norwegian Life Course, Ageing, and Generations. Participants respectively answered questions about the division of housework and childcare; their attitudes toward gender equality; as well as other variables like life stage and social class.

The results showed 65 percent of couples equally or near-equally divided childcare, but not housework: Women reported doing all or almost all of the work in 11 percent of couples and "somewhat more of the work" in 60 percent of couples. About 25 percent of couples divided the work more equally, with younger couples, childless couples, and couples where the woman had a full-time job among those more likely to split domestic chores.

Researchers did not find an association between a traditional share of housework (women do most of the work) and a lower risk of divorce — but they did report untraditional couples had a greater risk for divorce. Men who did as much or more of the housework were more likely to get divorced than couples where the woman did most of the housework over a period of four years.

"The more a man does in the home, the higher the divorce rate," said Thomas Hansen, co-author of the study entitled "Gender Equality At Home," according to AFP. While researchers found no or very little cause-and-effect, they believe that the observation could be due to "modern" attitudes.
10-08-2019 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Brillynt's post:
debeguiled, Going strong, Simeon_Strangelight, Enigma, Er Miqué
Graft Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

RE: The More Chores A Husband Does, The More Likely The Marriage Will End In Divorce
It should go without saying that the cause of these divorces is not actually the men doing the housework. It's the weak ass men who decide that marrying a "modern" broad who end up getting shafted.

If a broad is dumb enough to believe in "equality," she's a bad marriage prospect.

I built this empire and I did it by myself. Nobody did it for me. Not Ivana, not Marla. Nobody! ~Donald Trump
10-08-2019 03:45 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Graft's post:
MaceTyrell, Buck Wild, Augustus_Principe, velkrum, Brewer, DamienCasanova, billbudsocket, TooFineAPoint
SilentOne Offline
Robin

RE: The More Chores A Husband Does, The More Likely The Marriage Will End In Divorce
Can't get divorced if you don't get married. Boogiepika
10-08-2019 04:25 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like SilentOne's post:
d'Aversa, eradicator, traveler97, Latan, Brodiaga, Hillbilly, Swordfish1010
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-08-2019 03:45 PM)Graft Wrote:  It should go without saying that the cause of these divorces is not actually the men doing the housework. It's the weak ass men who decide that marrying a "modern" broad who end up getting shafted.

If a broad is dumb enough to believe in "equality," she's a bad marriage prospect.

The only thing that matters if the husband is a assertive, confident, dominant male. That defines if a certain girl even becomes his wife, if she can get him doing chores and if she believes in what he believes.

In the end it's all about leadership.
10-08-2019 05:21 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes wwtl's post:
velkrum
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

Scientific studies always have controls in place where social studies do not. The controls allow you to account for the variables. For instance: I suspect a large reason why marriages where "men who do more housework" have higher divorce rates could be due to the fact that if you're a man who subscribes to 'gender equality', chances are you also have significant beta tendencies. Typical soy boy cuck tendencies to be precise. I highly doubt the equal share of housework has anything to do with divorce rates, so much as it's the type of men who would agree to do more chores.

**Edit - First post beat me to it.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019 05:42 PM by Rush87.)
10-08-2019 05:41 PM
[-] The following 12 users Like Rush87's post:
MaceTyrell, Matsufubu, doc holliday, JiggyLordJr, zatara, Buck Wild, Augustus_Principe, Isaac Jordan, traveler97, Enigma, billbudsocket, Sankt Michael
PapayaTapper Away
Crow
Gold Member

The problem isn't necessarily that alpha married men go beta during the marriage it's that they tend to not give a shit about meaningless shit. When you're focused on your career, earning for your family, and big picture things, who has time or energy to argue about the trivial shit she will test you with over the years? So over time men just accede to their wife's little demands with saying "whatever you want honey" while thinking "as long as you shut the fuck up with your nonsense" and little by little the power transfers over to her. Since most women are addicted to drama, conflict, emotional stimulation, and "fear"... once that power has transferred she loses desire and respect soon follows. Then she becomes susceptible to the random douche-chode that stirs new "tingles" within her.

If youre going to get married then part of your vow to her should be "I promise to never let you take the power in this relationship because I am the man and I have the cock and balls."

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019 07:49 PM by PapayaTapper.)
10-08-2019 07:48 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
doc holliday, Spectrumwalker, TooFineAPoint
Kungfu Offline
Sparrow

It's the type of chore that matters. Masculine chores outside the house like mowing the lawn, building a deck, you'd be a puss if you didn't do them. The feminine stuff inside like the dishes, cooking, and cleaning, she can do all herself.
10-08-2019 08:28 PM
doc holliday Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(10-08-2019 07:48 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  The problem isn't necessarily that alpha married men go beta during the marriage it's that they tend to not give a shit about meaningless shit. When you're focused on your career, earning for your family, and big picture things, who has time or energy to argue about the trivial shit she will test you with over the years? So over time men just accede to their wife's little demands with saying "whatever you want honey" while thinking "as long as you shut the fuck up with your nonsense" and little by little the power transfers over to her. Since most women are addicted to drama, conflict, emotional stimulation, and "fear"... once that power has transferred she loses desire and respect soon follows. Then she becomes susceptible to the random douche-chode that stirs new "tingles" within her.

If youre going to get married then part of your vow to her should be "I promise to never let you take the power in this relationship because I am the man and I have the cock and balls."

This is pretty much it right here. It's not about the chores and who's doing them but who has the power in the relationship. Most dudes allow the woman over time to take control of the marriage. So many times I hear guys saying that "oh its just not worth fighting over so I'm gonna just go along with her" which is a death sentence for a marriage once you start doing that. Letting her have her way on some small trivial bullshit items is fine but on big important things, the man has to take the lead. If she doesn't like it fine, let her stew for a few days and get over it while you push forward and do what needs to be done, regardless of her approval. You do this in a marriage and you can do the dishes all you want and she won't get turned off.
10-08-2019 08:31 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like doc holliday's post:
Dream Medicine, PapayaTapper, Goldin Boy, velkrum, Brewer, CleanSlate, Enigma, Sankt Michael
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Woodpecker

Being beta is unattractive. More at 11.

Return Of Kings contributor and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
10-08-2019 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Scotty! Offline
Pigeon

Want to avoid divorce? Be higher status than the woman you marry.
10-09-2019 01:29 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty!'s post:
velkrum
Jimmy Wonka Offline
Pigeon

You know, when a woman speaks she´s always going to say things about how equal the relationship must be, how she shouldn´t contribute more than him, or how a relationship must be a balance of love, respect, etc. But they always seem to forget how the man did 90% of the initial work in order to create and solidify that relationship. And when you remember them this little piece of information their faces turn into a "what do you really mean?" look.

So when she tells you about being fairer in a relationship just don´t listen.
10-09-2019 06:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimmy Wonka's post:
MichaelWitcoff
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-09-2019 06:02 AM)Jimmy Wonka Wrote:  You know, when a woman speaks she´s always going to say things about how equal the relationship must be, how she shouldn´t contribute more than him, or how a relationship must be a balance of love, respect, etc. But they always seem to forget how the man did 90% of the initial work in order to create and solidify that relationship. And when you remember them this little piece of information their faces turn into a "what do you really mean?" look.

If you the man did 90 % of the work creating a relationship, your marriage is not going to work. Especially not if you gave away the deed for free beforehand (which is confirmed by other studies).

Instead you should put all the effort into creating high quality marriage material from yourself. Then let the girl put in the effort to enter your life and create the relationship. Trust me, she is never going to blabber about equality BS.

Further reading: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-74232...pid2027807
10-09-2019 06:15 AM
Jimmy Wonka Offline
Pigeon

(10-09-2019 06:15 AM)wwtl Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 06:02 AM)Jimmy Wonka Wrote:  You know, when a woman speaks she´s always going to say things about how equal the relationship must be, how she shouldn´t contribute more than him, or how a relationship must be a balance of love, respect, etc. But they always seem to forget how the man did 90% of the initial work in order to create and solidify that relationship. And when you remember them this little piece of information their faces turn into a "what do you really mean?" look.

If you the man did 90 % of the work creating a relationship, your marriage is not going to work. Especially not if you gave away the deed for free beforehand (which is confirmed by other studies).

Instead you should put all the effort into creating high quality marriage material from yourself. Then let the girl put in the effort to enter your life and create the relationship. Trust me, she is never going to blabber about equality BS.

Yes but its men who create intersexual relationships, not women. And by"creating the relationship" I mean the approaching, taking the lead of the first talks, asking for phone number, first kiss, first dates, and all the things we already know.

A period after, when she is feeling more confortable, confident and sees that there´s no danger in proposing dates they start to "give" more, and from that moment is when you should relax and start to give less than her. At this point is when she starts to claim (shit-test) more equilibrium in the relationship, and if you do so your marriage isn´t going to last.
10-09-2019 07:50 AM
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-09-2019 07:50 AM)Jimmy Wonka Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 06:15 AM)wwtl Wrote:  

Yes but its men who create intersexual relationships, not women. And by"creating the relationship" I mean the approaching, taking the lead of the first talks, asking for phone number, first kiss, first dates, and all the things we already know.

That's what I'm talking about. This is exactly how you end up in a broken marriage doing the dishes and getting divorced. The power dynamic in a relationship is about who needs whom. And you putting in so much effort upfront makes that pretty much clear to the girl.

Yes, you got a notch, but you killed all long term prospects right at the start.
10-09-2019 08:02 AM
Jimmy Wonka Offline
Pigeon

(10-09-2019 08:02 AM)wwtl Wrote:  That's what I'm talking about. This is exactly how you end up in a broken marriage doing the dishes and getting divorced. The power dynamic in a relationship is about who needs whom. And you putting in so much effort upfront makes that pretty much clear to the girl.

Yes, you got a notch, but you killed all long term prospects right at the start.

I think there´s a difference between approaching and ending up being a housekeeper.
10-09-2019 08:36 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimmy Wonka's post:
Dr. Howard
Goldin Boy Offline
Pelican

(10-08-2019 05:41 PM)Rush87 Wrote:  Scientific studies always have controls in place where social studies do not. The controls allow you to account for the variables. For instance: I suspect a large reason why marriages where "men who do more housework" have higher divorce rates could be due to the fact that if you're a man who subscribes to 'gender equality', chances are you also have significant beta tendencies. Typical soy boy cuck tendencies to be precise. I highly doubt the equal share of housework has anything to do with divorce rates, so much as it's the type of men who would agree to do more chores.

**Edit - First post beat me to it.

Precisely. It's not doing the chores that making women file for divorce.

The wives asking them to help around the house is a shit-test that men are failing en masse. The husbands are going the chores to make her happy, they're falling into an approval-seeking frame( which is hard to escape/reverse if you don't even know you're in it). So she tests more, hubby keeps taking what she's saying at face-value and failing these tests, and eventually she leaves.

Women simply don't respect weak men who relinquish the lead to them. And a woman can't be in relationship with a man whom she doesn't respect long-term. Game saves marriages.

(Heartiste did a very incisive post on this very article a while ago).

(08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  ...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 09:59 AM by Goldin Boy.)
10-09-2019 09:53 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Goldin Boy's post:
doc holliday, Master Of My Own Kingdom
SilentOne Offline
Robin

(10-09-2019 08:02 AM)wwtl Wrote:  That's what I'm talking about. This is exactly how you end up in a broken marriage doing the dishes and getting divorced. The power dynamic in a relationship is about who needs whom. And you putting in so much effort upfront makes that pretty much clear to the girl.

The second you marry her, your power is tossed out the window. She essentially has a loaded gun pointed at your head ready to use at her own discretion.
10-09-2019 11:49 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilentOne's post:
WombRaider
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-09-2019 11:49 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  

The second you marry her, your power is tossed out the window. She essentially has a loaded gun pointed at your head ready to use at her own discretion.

A wife who needs her husband isn't going to shoot him. You're confusing husband for "his wallet", "his house", "his kids" etc.

Again, that's the power dynamic at play here: Only if the girl thinks she needs the man itself, the marriage is going to work. If the man "games" himself into her life, let her move in to fornicate and then proposes on his knee, she obviously doesn't need him. She accepts him for the convenience and gets rid of him, once he gets annoying.

A girl who needs a (specific high-value) man does 90 % of the work to create a relationship, is going to wait for sex until marriage and is continuously working on keeping him, as long as he leads her and holds his frame. And the latter means not doing household chores meant to be done by her.
10-09-2019 12:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes wwtl's post:
NoMoreTO
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

Dupe
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 01:15 PM by Rush87.)
10-09-2019 12:40 PM
NoMoreTO Offline
Kingfisher

(10-09-2019 12:36 PM)wwtl Wrote:  

A girl who needs a (specific high-value) man does 90 % of the work to create a relationship, is going to wait for sex until marriage and is continuously working on keeping him, as long as he leads her and holds his frame. And the latter means not doing household chores meant to be done by her.

My girlfriend is cooking dinner for an older colleague of mine tonight from work. The meal will take her 3 hours to prepare. We will socialize and talk while she prepares. Yes, we will check in on her. But this is an opportunity for her to show devotion to me, because she knows I like this. And also my opportunity, to establish a pattern of behaviour and a lifestyle. She is already this way, so it is on me to maintain and foster that.

Part of the issue is guests these days, in the old days my Dad wouldn't have thought twice about putting his feet up and talking while the women cooked, nowadays Men always feel guilty because of feminism. I'll have to let my friend know to let her cook beforehand.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin
10-09-2019 12:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoMoreTO's post:
TooFineAPoint
velkrum Offline
Woodpecker

(10-09-2019 09:53 AM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  wives asking them to help around the house is a shit-test that men are failing en masse. The husbands are going the chores to make her happy

A majority of the responses were a pleasure to read, however..
I highly advise ALL men to get rid of the "relationships are a power struggle" mindset.

Relationships with THE WRONG WOMAN is a power struggle.

When you recognize the situation and how it makes you feel, you can choose to help your lady become a better person (eliminating bad behavior) or you can leave her and find another woman who is mature and respectful.

Talk with your woman if you feel like she is taking advantage of you.

She needs to know how it makes you feel.
You both need to know why she is doing it.
You both need to know how to resolve the problem.

When a woman asks her man to help her out it should legitimately mean that she needs help (please don't go jumping to conclusions without a history or pattern of evidence).

Inferior Game + Inferior Genetics = Incel
Superior Game + Inferior Genetics = Incel

Inferior Game + Average Genetics = Friend zone
Superior Game + Average Genetics = Beta Bucks
Inferior Game + Superior Genetics = Alpha
Superior Game + Superior Genetics = Game of Life: now on EASY mode
10-09-2019 02:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes velkrum's post:
doc holliday
SilentOne Offline
Robin

A wife who needs her husband isn't going to shoot him.

That's contradicting because a Wife doesn't need a husband. They did in the past, not now. She has all the power and there's nothing you can say or do about it.

Now the decline in marriage has gotten so bad because apparently there isn't enough economically-attractive men around. Gold Digging much? Laugh

Look marriage has always been a transactional business buried behind the mist of Love.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 12:37 AM by SilentOne.)
10-10-2019 12:35 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like SilentOne's post:
Goldin Boy, Graft
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-10-2019 12:35 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  

A wife who needs her husband isn't going to shoot him.

That's contradicting because a Wife doesn't need a husband. They did in the past, not now. She has all the power and there's nothing you can say or do about it.

Now the decline in marriage has gotten so bad because apparently there isn't enough economically-attractive men around. Gold Digging much? Laugh

Look marriage has always been a transactional business buried behind the mist of Love.

A wife needs a husband more than ever. However a husband who thinks "the tingles", "the bang", "the bankroll", "the car" and "the house" is enough to win and keep a good wife while practicing fornication and cohabitation, is going to get stripped of his assets.

In a real marriage a wife rests in her husband, she depends on him and his virtues. That's nothing a family court can strip from him. That is the reason why a man doesn't fornicate, why a man doesn't accumulate useless pre-martial assets he doesn't need for living on his own, and why he invests into himself instead of hedonism and materialism.

Non-religious women looking for that "economically-attractive man" simply have no proper understanding of marriage (which is a Divine concept) and therefore will never get married. We can do nothing for them except praying that at some day they might see the light and find God.
10-10-2019 04:56 AM
SilentOne Offline
Robin

(10-10-2019 04:56 AM)wwtl Wrote:  A wife needs a husband more than ever. However a husband who thinks "the tingles", "the bang", "the bankroll", "the car" and "the house" is enough to win and keep a good wife while practicing fornication and cohabitation, is going to get stripped of his assets.

In a real marriage a wife rests in her husband, she depends on him and his virtues. That's nothing a family court can strip from him.

Really...now more than ever? What are these things that a wife needs from a husband?
10-10-2019 09:49 AM
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-10-2019 09:49 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  
(10-10-2019 04:56 AM)wwtl Wrote:  A wife needs a husband more than ever. However a husband who thinks "the tingles", "the bang", "the bankroll", "the car" and "the house" is enough to win and keep a good wife while practicing fornication and cohabitation, is going to get stripped of his assets.

In a real marriage a wife rests in her husband, she depends on him and his virtues. That's nothing a family court can strip from him.

Really...now more than ever? What are these things that a wife needs from a husband?

Spiritual lead through what becomes more and more a complete upside-down clown world.
10-10-2019 10:07 AM