I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

The NBA & China Hypocrisy
GT777733 Offline
Robin

The NBA & China Hypocrisy
TL;DR:
- NBA Houston Rockets GM tweets support for Hong Kong Pro Democracy Protestors
- China gets offended and stops televising NBA preseason games and is planning on pulling several major sponsorships
- Several NBA team owners come out and apologize to China. A Chinese co founder of Ali Baba who part owns the Brooklyn Nets outright criticised the Rockets GM for his tweet
- NBA player James Harden outright apologizes to China and says he loves China, and other NBA players stay silent on the issue or plead ignorance (because of Chinese money from shoe deals and the Chinese market contributing to the NBA revenue)
- The NBA Commissioner (white guy) comes out and says they support free speech (and the Rockets GM's right to free speech), and won't control what their employees say
- White ex NBA player Andrew Bogut comes out and supports free speech also

Some comments:
- Interesting that Lebron James and other black NBA athletes (and black athletes in the NFL) are so active in voicing their opinions about American social issues (even as recently as the Californian bill they are trying to pass to get student athletes to be able to be paid), oppression, rights of minorities, and so on, but when it involves their money and bankroll, they stay silent or flat out apologize (it's all really just another example of people being interested in their own personal agenda and in-group, and it being more about who has power and who belongs to what class, rather than believing in a uniform set of values and morals that don't change)
- Especially interesting since China is an ethno state and communist country (good luck immigrating there or having freedom of speech at all, let alone as a minority)
- Also interesting that the Commissioner didn't back pedal altogether like the NBA owners and players. He supports free speech and freedom to express opinion, even in the face of a higher economic fall out from the Chinese situation. Would have been super easy for him to apologize and have the GM fired.

Some resources on the issue:
Hypocrisy Pieces -
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/opini...morey.html
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3504201-go...a-comments
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/nba-c...sm-2019-10
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/10/07/t...ver-china/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20...-incident/

NBA Commissioner Statement - https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/2...broadcasts
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/sport...-kong.html
https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/2...-nba-games

Chinese Response -
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/china...?r=US&IR=T
https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/2...s-gm-tweet

James Harden -
https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/2...love-china

Andrew Bogut (white ex NBA player) -
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/...52ykt.html

NBA Coach Response -
https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/2...china-rift

* This is not a race hate post. I support everyone as long as they are a decent person. It's more so one more example of social justice opinions and values conveniently changing for the right price when money, class and control is involved.
10-09-2019 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 16 users Like GT777733's post:
Captainstabbin, arafat scarf, 911, Barron, Isaac Jordan, Cr33pin, debeguiled, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, doc holliday, spokepoker, Buck Wild, JohnKreese, RDF, Kangaroo, Professor Fox, Augustus_Principe
TigOlBitties Offline
Woodpecker

RE: The NBA & China Hypocrisy
After living in some places with a sizeable amount of Chinese people, my opinion of them as a whole has gone down. I'm not saying to automatically dislike a Chinese person, but there's.something about them as a whole that I don't trust, especially if money is involved.

And I wish North American cities would stop letting wealthy Chinese buy real estate bere.
10-09-2019 12:41 AM
[-] The following 12 users Like TigOlBitties's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, JiggyLordJr, spokepoker, Buck Wild, RDF, Professor Fox, Kingsley Davis, bacani, Gusamaso, Choco_Paul, DJ-Matt, Brebelle3
ball dont lie Offline
Kingfisher
Gold Member

When the USA gives Hawaii back to the locals, Americans can tell China to give HK back to its locals.

The whole thing is so fake all around. Ive taken a no/low news diet and life is much better.
10-09-2019 12:42 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like ball dont lie's post:
debeguiled, Kona, Buck Wild, Brodiaga
Captainstabbin Online
Hummingbird

(10-09-2019 12:30 AM)GT777733 Wrote:  - Interesting that Lebron James and other black NBA athletes (and black athletes in the NFL) are so active in voicing their opinions about American social issues (even as recently as the Californian bill they are trying to pass to get student athletes to be able to be paid), oppression, rights of minorities, and so on, but when it involves their money and bankroll, they stay silent or flat out apologize (it's all really just another example of people being interested in their own personal agenda and in-group, and it being more about who has power and who belongs to what class, rather than believing in a uniform set of values and morals that don't change)

Keep the money flowing. I wish the boycotts would have worked. We'd see Kap cheering the US and praising our history instead of calling our flag racist.
10-09-2019 12:52 AM
GT777733 Offline
Robin

(10-09-2019 12:42 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  When the USA gives Hawaii back to the locals, Americans can tell China to give HK back to its locals.

The whole thing is so fake all around. Ive taken a no/low news diet and life is much better.

I generally agree.

There is no perfect country or race out there - history is just one long line of the human race doing questionable and flat out wrong things in some cases, without fully learning from their mistakes.

I just thought this was interesting because we are seeing the first real wave of Black billionaires coming through, and we are essentially seeing them make all the same hypocritical actions as people with money and control/power have made before them.

It's less about race and more about human nature.

RE the news thing - I'm the same, but, I do think you need to have a general finger on the pulse of what is happening in society so you know what game is being played at what point in time. Just don't let it affect you emotionally or take away from you living your life.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 01:04 AM by GT777733.)
10-09-2019 12:59 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes GT777733's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Bienvenuto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Marx was right about one thing:

These elites are not loyal to any creed, code, ethnos, people..

They are loyal to their Capital only.

Coordinate the Isis head-choppers with money-bags Qatar and Saudi Arabia?
Sure, why not?

Meanwhile:
TuuuucccCCKKKEERRRRRR!!

What do basketball fans think of the Golden State Warriors' coach reaction when he was cornered (Its a Bizarre international story)? Or the "consequences" spoken about by ..HaHAHaHa... Commissioner Silver

2nd video makes all of South Park's points.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 05:46 AM by Bienvenuto.)
10-09-2019 05:39 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Bienvenuto's post:
Captainstabbin, arafat scarf, Buck Wild, Sosa
crystalcastle Offline
Sparrow

I see people in all the usual places going nuts on the NBA over this because they didn't embrace Daryl Morey's Tweet. What's Adam Silver supposed to say? "Fuck China" while Lebron and the Lakers are in China as we speak?
10-09-2019 08:02 AM
Bienvenuto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(10-09-2019 08:02 AM)crystalcastle Wrote:  I see people in all the usual places going nuts on the NBA over this because they didn't embrace Daryl Morey's Tweet. What's Adam Silver supposed to say? "Fuck China" while Lebron and the Lakers are in China as we speak?

That's a false opposition surely..

The below text is from the Guardian of all people.

The NBA and Silver's actual response was:

"The NBA released statements in English and Mandarin distancing themselves from Morey’s tweet. Perhaps most detrimentally, Tencent, the NBA digital rights holder in China, which recently announced a five-year expansion of the pair’s existing deal, announced Morey was blacklisted. Tencent suspended all coverage of the Rockets."

And this was the same guy who went all-in political with things like BlackLivesMatter etc.

"Silver and the league’s head office were happy to lap up the praise for their supposed “wokeness” when it came to issues in the US such as supporting players’ mental health, the Black Lives Matter movement and other issues that ultimately fit with their overall target: selling League Pass subscriptions to young people with disposable income.

Under Silver’s leadership, the NBA pulled the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina, over a law restricting bathroom use for transgender people. “All CEOs, all big corporations these days really have no choice,” Silver said in 2018. “It’s an expectation from their customers that they’re going to take a position.”"

He didn't have 'embrace' Morey's tweet, he didn't have to pile-on China, all he had to do was say that it was none of his or the League's business and that US citizens have the right to express their own individual political views and that the NBA has no role to play in either censoring or curating them.

He could have expressed concern about TenCents' action against Morey.

And there he is, Mr Gender Neutral bathrooms, wittering on about

“We recognize that the views expressed by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey have deeply offended many of our friends and fans in China, which is regrettable. While Daryl has made it clear that his tweet does not represent the Rockets or the NBA, the values of the league support individuals’ educating themselves and sharing their views on matters important to them. We have great respect for the history and culture of China and hope that sports and the NBA can be used as a unifying force to bridge cultural divides and bring people together.”

wittering on about how great China is and then to the US press about "..consequences" for Morey.
What a POS.

"(Morey) tweeted in support of freedom, which even in splintered times, seems like the tamest of positions any US citizen could take." (the Guardian is pointing this out..)

"Reports suggested the Rockets discussed removing Morey in order to halt the financial bleeding."

Take a Stand Mr Commissioner!

Way to go standing up for your values NBA!

I get that businessmen are not going to cut off both their hands.

But this is more akin to Justine "Because its 2015!" Trudeau suddenly being found to harbour not-so-progressive motivations.
Fine for Scheer, Trudeau's opponent, but not for the people, Trudeau in this example, who seek to profit from their "brave" stances.

If they were going to go down the Woke route in such a declaratory and fame hungry manner and go against conservative America as much as they did
then..
wait, what was it again?...
something-something.. "consequences"?
10-09-2019 08:43 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bienvenuto's post:
spokepoker
sanbruno Offline
Sparrow

Leftists are mostly mum on China because admitting that a “poorer” country than the US is capable of “racism” and human rights violations goes against their entire narrative that everything bad in the world comes from white peoples’ “racism” and American hegemony. They still essentially assume that ANYTHING other than the white status quo is somehow a better and more just culture and society.
10-09-2019 11:59 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like sanbruno's post:
Kid Twist, spokepoker, bacani
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(10-09-2019 12:42 AM)ball dont lie Wrote:  When the USA gives Hawaii back to the locals, Americans can tell China to give HK back to its locals.

It kills me to say this, seeing as how you have my all time favorite forum handle.

But.

When you stop culturally appropriating Kona's comments, maybe then you can start telling the U.S. what to do.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung
10-09-2019 12:24 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like debeguiled's post:
Kona, Suits, Bienvenuto, louiebeans, FilipSRB, bacani, Zenta
arafat scarf Offline
Robin

Good summary post of the situation and I agree w/ your comments. It's amazing how this issue has seemed to unify nearly everyone in opposition to China. Meanwhile the NBA somehow clumsily straddles the issue and gets rebuked by the Chinese and the U.S media and fan bases.

China recently canceled a Laker's NBA event in Shanghai and I wonder how long til this blows over.

Some comments of my own:

1 - This all shows how revolting the Chinese way is to Western sensibilities.

Their attempt to deny Morey's (or any individual's) right to say anything on the topic and trying to muscle the Rockets and the NBA into a public shame ritual (public apology, firing) publicly reveals the rotten nature of their authoritarianism.

The extent of their overreaction also shows their hyper-sensitivity, pettiness, and just reeks of a certain kind of patheticness that should elicit eye rolls and not 'grave apologies'.

Also worth mentioning: if some fish-faced party official from another country can shut down critical parts of your business operations over a tweet, then you have made not just a deal with a devil, but a plain old shitty deal.

2 - There's a sad poverty in having to neuter your free expression in the face of such silliness, and even the wealthiest and most prominent in our society feel chained down.

The NBA's limp, two-faced public stance (they posted a more stern rebuke and groveling apology in Chinese media) and the reticence of the players (mostly black and historically marginalized) is another reminder of the vulgarity of living in a hyper commercialized society.

By any measure, the NBA is an incredibly successful league and doesn't need the Chinese market. The owners and players have already secured the fucking bag -- both groups have generational wealth, outsized status as entertainers, and immense cultural influence.

This is a group whose members can afford the high road and revel in freedom of expression... But in this case they collectively roll over and allow a culturally third-world country to muzzle plain speech when everyone is thinking:

"aye china government is pretty ridiculous all in their feelings over a goddamn tweet. glad our league's here and not there."

I can't understand the point of amassing so much wealth if you can't say 'fuck you' in the face of retardation.

3 - This has me thinking on 'third rail' topics, those that aren't allowed in public discourse within a community

I don't see any way around it: groups that edge out civil discussion to the third rail have a loser mentality.

In China, it's fairly broad -- anything that questions the legitimacy of the CCP are third rail.

In the U.S., I suppose it's anything that could be perceived as anti-semitic, racist, or sexist and gets you labeled as such.

In other communities where you may participate? Guess you'll have to figure it out.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 12:56 PM by arafat scarf.)
10-09-2019 12:33 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like arafat scarf's post:
Bienvenuto, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, GT777733, Beyond Borders, spokepoker, Handsome Creepy Eel, Dr. Howard, Dismal Operator, Zenta, iamdegaussed, infinitejest
Easy_C Offline
Crow

(10-09-2019 12:41 AM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  After living in some places with a sizeable amount of Chinese people, my opinion of them as a whole has gone down. I'm not saying to automatically dislike a Chinese person, but there's.something about them as a whole that I don't trust, especially if money is involved.

And I wish North American cities would stop letting wealthy Chinese buy real estate bere.

I highly recommend this channel to understand their culture:

10-09-2019 01:04 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Easy_C's post:
Dr. Howard, louiebeans, Kingsley Davis
Scorpio Rising Offline
Robin

This one is very difficult for me. If I say what I want it very well could be the end for me on this site. The hell with it, if I get banned life goes on. My role here is less than a minor one in any case.

Here we have another example of the hypocrisy and cowardice that typifies today's woke reality. It's very depressing to see mega wealthy blacks whose ancestors suffered real not fake oppression fawning for a regime that gets more powerful and oppressive with each passing day. Sad to see a man who may lose his job, livelihood, and his very life as he knows it. Every day there are too numerous to count Daryl Moreys in the western world casualties of a creeping dystopia that keeps getting stronger and more merciless. How can a man, any man hold his head high when he has to walk barefoot on these eggshells without making a sound?

This subject is offered on a site that in my opinion has had more bannings per capita than any other site I've ever visited. Often just for angering someone in the hierarchy. A site that has gone full tilt ((())) that is if it's not blaming your boomer neighbor down the block for the collapse of Western Civilization. When the Chinese avalanche is done rolling down the hill I wonder if some of you are going to continue to blame them for your now permanent misery. In the meantime go for it. Down with David Lee Roth, Donald Fagen and Sandy Koufax. Free Speech isn't free.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 02:19 PM by Scorpio Rising.)
10-09-2019 02:18 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Scorpio Rising's post:
Buck Wild, spokepoker
GT777733 Offline
Robin

(10-09-2019 11:59 AM)sanbruno Wrote:  Leftists are mostly mum on China because admitting that a “poorer” country than the US is capable of “racism” and human rights violations goes against their entire narrative that everything bad in the world comes from white peoples’ “racism” and American hegemony. They still essentially assume that ANYTHING other than the white status quo is somehow a better and more just culture and society.

*Purely for discussion's sake (and not to start bashing leftists):

If you look at from a logical perspective too ...

The market for movements like feminism and other social justice groups are all situated in the US and Western countries (i.e. usually Western women with money - who will not only give them their money, but vote for parties and support groups that push these same ideas)
It's also not just a safe space for them where they are fully protected, but their views are pushed and supported by the media, corporations and the government (compare that to anything on masculinity and helping men which has to be pushed through independent public figures and independent media)

There's a logical reason you don't see a Western feminist in Mexico petitioning for drug cartels to stop abducting women, or in Saudi Arabia petitioning for women to drive/to have more rights
That would mean they actually have to sacrifice and risk their comfortable lives, and well being for their cause, and not just be paid money, given validation/attention, and patted on the back to push group ideas which may or may not have a credible and real basis to them

There's a clear risk to reward ratio difference between those two scenarios.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 12:22 AM by GT777733.)
10-09-2019 11:42 PM
arafat scarf
GT777733 Offline
Robin

@arafat scarf

to add to your comments, most of the biggest companies in China are State owned and essentially controlled (they don't even try to hide it):

https://fortune.com/2015/07/22/china-glo...ent-owned/

If you want to extrapolate further, and this probably drives home harder the points about class, control, and money - having an ethno State is possibly as big of a contradiction as there can be when you consider it's the government in control of that ethno State that are reaping most of the benefits and are making all of the decisions, and not the people themselves.
A majority ethnicity in this instance only gives the 0.0000000001% in power a more compatible and homogenous working class to rule over.

Communism and Socialism 101.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 12:30 AM by GT777733.)
10-10-2019 12:06 AM
CaptainChardonnay Away
Ostrich
Gold Member

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 08:39 AM by CaptainChardonnay.)
10-10-2019 08:34 AM
TigOlBitties Offline
Woodpecker

As a counter, we should ban Chinese products in the US. They're usually shit anyway. I'd rather pay a little more for better quality.
10-10-2019 10:42 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like TigOlBitties's post:
Dr. Howard, spokepoker, Lovinglife
Dr. Howard Away
Crow
Gold Member

Some of you may be too young to remember but way back in the 90s popular music artists and actors all had a hard on for the 'free tibet' movement. Who were they freeing tibet from? China.

People would rush on stage during public events, and they had a giant farm aid style concert to that effect.

Now? They have joined against Tibet, joined against Trump and sided with China. What pussies.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
10-10-2019 11:15 AM
[-] The following 13 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
It_is_my_time, debeguiled, TigOlBitties, arafat scarf, spokepoker, Laner, Dismal Operator, Buck Wild, Kingsley Davis, bacani, getdownonit, infinitejest, DJ-Matt
911 Offline
Crow

Tibet is some kind of holy shangri-la for hippies, new agers and now, the anti-China crowd. In reality it was a repressive, feudal culture before China barged in (with their different/admittedly worse brand of repressive commie system).

Here is an alternative presentation of Tibetan society pre-Chinese invasion:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...-feudalism

Quote:What we don't hear about Tibet
Sorrel Neuss
While the world moralises over China's occupation, feudalism and abuse in Tibetan culture has been conveniently forgotten

Wed 11 Feb 2009 22.00 GMT

Sexual abuse in monasteries and oppressive feudalism in traditional Tibetan society has been factored out of the argument against China's occupation, oversimplifying it.

Tibet seems like as a celestial paradise held in chains, but the west's tendency to romanticise the country's Buddhist culture has distorted our view. Popular belief is that under the Dalai Lama, Tibetans lived contentedly in a spiritual non-violent culture, uncorrupted by lust or greed: but in reality society was far more brutal than that vision.

Last December, Ye Xiaowen, head of China's administration for religious affairs, published a piece in the state-run China Daily newspaper that, although propaganda, rings true. "History clearly reveals that the old Tibet was not the Shangri-La that many imagine", he wrote "but a society under a system of feudal serfdom."

Until 1959, when China cracked down on Tibetan rebels and the Dalai Lama fled to northern India, around 98% of the population was enslaved in serfdom. Drepung monastery, on the outskirts of Lhasa, was one of the world's largest landowners with 185 manors, 25,000 serfs, 300 pastures, and 16,000 herdsmen. High-ranking lamas and secular landowners imposed crippling taxes, forced boys into monastic slavery and pilfered most of the country's wealth – torturing disobedient serfs by gouging out their eyes or severing their hamstrings.

Tashi Tsering, now an English professor at Lhasa University is representative of Tibetans that do not see China's occupation as worse tyranny. He was taken from his family near Drepung at 13 and forced into the Dalai Lama's personal dance troupe. Beaten by his teachers, Tsering put up with rape by a well-connected monk in exchange for protection. In his autobiography, The Struggle for Modern Tibet, Tsering writes that China brought long-awaited hope when is laid claim to Tibet in 1950.

After studying at the University of Washington, Tsering returned to Chinese-occupied Tibet in 1964, convinced that the country could modernise effectively by cooperating with the Chinese. Denounced during the Cultural Revolution, arrested in 1967 to spend six years in prison and labour camps, he still maintains that Mao Tse-Tung liberated his people.

Caught between a system reminiscent of medieval Europe and a colonial force that brought forced collectivisation and similar human rights abuses, Tibet moved from one oppressive regime to another.

During the 1990s, Tibetans suspected of harbouring nationalist tendencies were arrested and imprisoned and in 2006, Romanian climbers witnessed Chinese guards shooting a group of refugees headed for the Nepalese border. China's abhorrent treatment of "political subversives" has rightly spurned a global Free Tibet movement, diminishing the benefits that it did bring to society.

After 1959, it abolished slavery, serfdom and unfair taxes. Creating thousands of jobs through new infrastructure projects, it built Tibet's first hospitals and opened schools in every major village, bringing education to the masses. Clean water was pumped into the main towns and villages and the average life expectancy has almost doubled since 1950, to 60.

Even so, in 2001 the Dalai Lama said: "Tibet, materially, is very, very backward. Spiritually it is quite rich. But spirituality can't fill our stomachs."

Freedom for Tibet is not simply a case of liberation from China and the reinstatement of traditional values. Around 70 per cent of the population lives below the poverty line and enhanced spirituality alone will not improve economic conditions. Poverty is not quaint no matter how colourful the culture and the Tibet question is one that should be addressed from a rational, rather than an idealised viewpoint.

This article dates from 2009, you probably won't read nuanced articles about Tibet now in the MSM, with the onset of the new cold war against China-Russia...

λ ό γ ο ς
10-10-2019 01:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 911's post:
spokepoker
Bienvenuto Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

[quote='911' pid='2028242' dateline='1570731506']

SNIP

[quote]
What we don't hear about Tibet

Until 1959, when China cracked down on Tibetan rebels and the Dalai Lama fled to northern India, around 98% of the population was enslaved in serfdom.

This article dates from 2009, you probably won't read nuanced articles about Tibet now in the MSM, with the onset of the new cold war against China-Russia...
[/quote]

With all due respect to you as a person who quotes an interesting article, rather than the actual source of the information.. this is fucking horse-shit.

Tibet was a feudal medieval society and there was both slavery in existence and corporal punishment (eye-gouging etc.) in law, that is true.

98% of the population were slaves?

98%..?

Thats a Christine-Blaisey-Ford level of creative when it comes to the interpretation of 'slavery'.

I knew a guy who was a paid-up Western middle class Buddhist, Free Tibet blah blah blah .. married a Shanghainese divorcee off the internet.
Straight away he educates anyone who will listen how the Chinese 'liberated' all Tibetans from slavery. Die-hard CCP positions overnight.

Under the Chinese the Tibetan equivalent* of fat bitch women who believe Oprah should be president were promoted. (*People who were previously without status or recognition in society and who proved keen to work for the social-order-overturning invaders.)

This guy Tsering will have happily taken part in fingering and condemning Tibetan thought-criminals (who these days aren't as holy, as just.. filled with hatred for the Chinese presence.)
I wouldn't believe the words of this Quisling as any kind of truth.

Ever since Nixon's divide and rule of the 70s the US version of the Cold War has been anti-Russia and at the same time in love with China
- note how after the Chinese-backed Khmer Rouge -
fought US troops in the 70s,
communist-massacred its own people in their millions in the 70s
and eventually got obliterated into jungle obscurity by a Viet-backed invasion in the 80s
- how the very people who insisted that KR leader Pol Pot should still have a seat in the UN despite having no mandate in Cambodia..
were the very U.S. government that were supposed to be the KR's greatest enemy. And for their part opposed to mass-murdering communist regimes.
Hmm..
They did that to please a splintered remnant of a death cult living in jungle obscurity?
Or to please the backers of the Khmer Rouge: China?

The modern Elites' deal with China has been to arrange their ascent as a Global Power by helping them to crush their serf work-force/maximise-profits in order that the US 1%ers could enrich themselves as traitors - that China disdainfully pays off.

George Bush, Clinton, Joe Biden, Obama, the US corporations like Nike, Apple and Foxconn - they LOVE China. They will do anything to keep China happy and help to make China stronger (even at the US's expense).

The reason why China has been so thin-skinned and psychotic recently is because they have encountered zero real opposition from the US government since the 1970s. They are still learning to cope with a no longer officially supine West.
It is a novel experience for them.

As for the Dalai Lama, he is an old man and has always struggled with combining being a religious teacher with a political figure (he has often failed at both).
He has been talking about the faults of the Tibetan past and conciliation with the Chinese since the late 90s.

But the Hollywood of "The Golden Child" and Richard Gere's pretentious bullshit (while Gere fists young twinks into Los Angeles casualty wards on the sly and urgently calls his publicist) .. that Hollywood.. they LOVE China and have relegated the Dalai Lama to doing wooly couch sessions with Lady Ga Ga on unheard of internet channels. Also relegated him to suddenly being slated by the likes of the Young Turks and other liberal outlets.

The Cold War continues for Russia because Hilary, Biden, CNN, MSNBC, CIA, FBI etc. love to have an enemy they can project onto.
They hate trumps new approach to China. It threatens their cash cow.

China hasn't actually experienced a real Cold War since the 70's.. right up until now.

Tibet now is a depressed resources backwater for the Han Chinese to crush and re-populate using the same playbook they used in Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang and next Hong Kong.

The Chinese are now rapidly rebuilding the temples they had formerly destroyed, installing fake monks in them and encouraging naive Western liberal types to spend a fortune on boutique CCP tours to "Old Tibet".

It seems that, for Westerners and the Chinese alike, the Tibetans are either colourful little Ewoks living in Shang-ri La.. or, like Darryl Morey, jingoistic and ungrateful enemies of the progress and bounty that the CCP represents.

One thing is true. There is precious little nuance still.
10-10-2019 02:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bienvenuto's post:
spokepoker
budoslavic Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Since the NBA is in bed with China, will 2019-2020 season brings low attendance and/or empty seats?
[Image: not-sure-if-its-a-nba-game-or-wnba-game-29606233.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 03:45 PM by budoslavic.)
10-10-2019 03:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes budoslavic's post:
spokepoker
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Only for the New York knicks. Seriously they are terrible this year I’m convinced they are trying to tank the next two years to rebuild.

I mean they have some ok players like rj Barrett, Dennis Smith jr, Julius Randle, Marcus Morris , Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, eh it’s better than last year but not really

If they had just kept Porzingis long term instead of running him off, they would have a decent squad this year.

Instead they are lucky to get 25 wins and empty seats

To sum up, garbage teams will have half empty arenas. But I sort of doubt fans will stay away from games because the NBA has huge ties to China. Why would the average lakers fan be upset with lebron and Anthony Davis for selling a lot of jerseys and shoes in China?

Were any NBA fans shocked and appalled with Jordan for not speaking out against Nike and sweatshop labor?

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
10-10-2019 09:31 PM
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Kerr attacks America to shill for China:

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
10-10-2019 11:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
GT777733 Offline
Robin

Some people on the left and right co-signing - (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/o...yl-morey):

"The fact that players seem afraid to speak up about the issue is worrisome enough that it somehow has made temporary allies of figures on both sides of the political spectrum. Republican senator Ted Cruz and Democratic representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez were among politicians who co-signed a letter to Silver expressing their disappointment in the matter.

“NBA players have a rich history of speaking out on sensitive topics of social justice and human rights inside the United States,” the letter states, “and the NBA takes pride in defending their right to do so. Yet while it is easy to defend freedom of speech when it costs you nothing, equivocating when profits are at stake is a betrayal of fundamental American values.”

In this one statement, you can see exactly why the NBA’s attempt to stay neutral has united left and the right. For those on the left (particularly those whom Slate describes as “the radical sports leftists”), it represents a clear-cut example of a corporation putting profits over people by compromising with an authoritarian country with an ongoing history of human rights violations. For those on the right – including those who might otherwise look away at a large corporation doing business with a totalitarian government – Communist China is a uniquely un-American entity, a convenient boogieman representing the dangers of leftism."
10-11-2019 09:51 AM
arafat scarf
Sosa Offline
Sparrow
Silver Member

The NBA apologized to a regime that literally wants to kill them. This is not a joke.

This is the biggest story in the world. The fallout from this NBA/China crisis is HUGE, and is exposing that all of America is beholden to the Communist Chinese Party ruled by Xi Jinping.

Nike. ESPN. Disney. Apple. Wall Street. Hollywood movie industry. American Politicians. The list goes on and on."Well, at least Google and Facebook hasn't betrayed America, right?" Wrong - they sold all our intellectual property and data to the CCP, the global leader in 5G technology, AI,and facial recognition software.

Because of one single tweet, a clash between the free world and communism on the global stage is coming to a head for everyone to see that could easily escalate into a hot war. Friendly reminder of the military might of the CCP ...... scary stuff:

10-11-2019 09:51 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Sosa's post:
Cr33pin, Zenta

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Feminist Hypocrisy And Media Treatment of Roosh Alpone 8 5,489 03-24-2015 12:43 PM
Last Post: Foolsgo1d
  Peak Hypocrisy Reached on Jezebel dicknixon72 13 6,766 09-09-2014 10:19 AM
Last Post: gringochileno
  Politicians' Hypocrisy Over Pay [re-titled] tomtud 2 1,696 07-17-2014 11:14 PM
Last Post: Tuthmosis