I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Washington state seizes man's guns for posting Joker meme and incel content
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Washington state seizes man's guns for posting Joker meme and incel content
There is a Joker meme that makes fun of who is going to see the Joker:

[Image: c09.jpg]

[Image: 3c5.png]

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tickets-t...ase/photos

One man posted this meme with a picture of him in his pajamas while holding two guns:

[Image: 19495850-7554383-image-m-8_1570631682079.jpg]

That spurred a state government investigation. They found him to be an incel and seized all his guns and revoked his concealed weapons permit.

Quote: Officials seized several guns from a 23-year-old Redmond man after he made "concerning Twitter posts posing with weapons and referencing the Joker movie," police said.

Six guns, including multiple semiautomatic assault rifles, were removed from his home Oct. 1 as part of an Extreme Risk Protection Order filed by the Redmond Police Department. A protection order allows law enforcement, family members and household members to file petitions to take away gun rights from people who are threats to themselves or others.

He does have a concealed permit license issued in May for two handguns, but his license has since been revoked.

The man claimed that the posts were a joke, but police still plan to seek a full protection order which if approved, would keep guns out of his hands for a full year.

Police became aware of the posts last week when notified by the Seattle Police Department's Criminal Intelligence Unit. One post depicted the man holding two AK-47 style firearms and pointing at the ceiling, with the caption, "one ticket for joker please."

Officials found other posts where the man claimed to be an incel, which is short for involuntary celibate, and posts that illustrated a "history of violent and disturbing social media threats directed towards women," documents said.

"[The man's] threats of recent mass violence coupled with a history of prior threats to harm and kill women, demonstrate that [he] is a risk to public safety if he is allowed to continue to purchase, possess or access firearms," the ERPO petition read.

The man is expected to have a court hearing on Oct. 15.

"Jokers" release has prompted increased security at theaters across the country, with the FBI saying it has looked into posts made by extremists about the movie and warnings over potential shootings at movie screenings.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/guns-se.../995172918

His threats against women were direct:

Quote:Police said many of the posts illustrated a 'history of violent and disturbing social media threats directed towards women'.

In one he wrote: 'I will shoot any woman any time for any reason.'

Another read: 'I really want to just punch a woman so hard her entire body just buckles and collapses.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...rence.html

Owning guns is like owning gold: don't tell anyone you have it, and only take it out when you need to.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
10-09-2019 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 12 users Like Roosh's post:
gework, Kona, spokepoker, Laner, Kingsley Davis, Renzy, louiebeans, BlastbeatCasanova, kruger41, Handsome Creepy Eel, JiggyLordJr, rotekz
Kungfu Online
Sparrow

RE: Washington state seizes man's guns for posting Joker meme and incel content
Justifiable based on his posts.
10-09-2019 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like Kungfu's post:
Matsufubu, Suits, Repo, Wutang, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, travolta, Handsome Creepy Eel, JiggyLordJr
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

10-09-2019 03:54 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Syberpunk's post:
Wutang, Leonard D Neubache
d'Aversa Offline
Sparrow

(10-09-2019 03:43 PM)Kungfu Wrote:  Justifiable based on his posts.

I don't think that taking weapons away from anyone because of shitposting in the internet is justifiable. Ever. Less than 0.01% of legitimate owners of firearms use them to kill another person. Justified self-defence kills included.
Although I'm of the opinion that anyone classifying themselves as "incel" is mentally impaired to some degree.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 04:31 PM by d'Aversa.)
10-09-2019 04:25 PM
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

This is a gray area. I think when someone posts a threat online like that or makes them in the company of people who have no ill will toward them (i.e. a woman claiming it against her husband during a divorce doesn't count) that law enforcement has a right to investigate and possibly confiscate and pay the individual for said firearms. Its a slippery slope though.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
10-09-2019 04:29 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RIslander's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Handsome Creepy Eel
droughtmeat Offline
Woodpecker

To me it's like a terrorist announcing his attack in advance. The potential threat is too big not to be taken seriously. Dude should have known better, if he was just joking.
10-09-2019 04:43 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like droughtmeat's post:
Wutang, spokepoker, Handsome Creepy Eel, JiggyLordJr
Repo Offline
Hummingbird

Totally justified in my opinion. If you dont draw the line at threatening to kill people, then I dont know where you would draw it.

For example, nobody would want someone posting about randomly killing women on their forum, but would you be ok with that person with those guns?

How many people would really be comfortable going to work alongside this dude on a daily basis, knowing what we know?
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 04:51 PM by Repo.)
10-09-2019 04:49 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Repo's post:
Wutang, Tactician, Handsome Creepy Eel
BortimusPrime Offline
Ostrich

I'd want to look at the context of his threats, but assuming he wasn't taken out of context yeah that guy shouldn't have guns.
10-09-2019 04:51 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like BortimusPrime's post:
Hypno, Tactician, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, debeguiled
d'Aversa Offline
Sparrow

(10-09-2019 04:49 PM)Repo Wrote:  Totally justified in my opinion. If you dont draw the line at threatening to kill people, then I dont know where you would draw it.

For example, nobody would want someone posting about randomly killing women on their forum, but would you be ok with that person with those guns?

How many people would really be comfortable going to work alongside this dude on a daily basis, knowing what we know?

Yet stuff like this is completely kosher and doesn't draw country-wide attention.

[Image: 4V4nqNs.png]
10-09-2019 05:10 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like d'Aversa's post:
Renzy, louiebeans, Handsome Creepy Eel, Sword and Board, Pinkman, debeguiled
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Hawaii has the country's most restrictive gun laws. I had to take some screwball class recently, even though I was trained by the US Navy.

Nine the less, there was a specific chapter about guns and social media. That was not a part of the class the last time I took it. Crazy world.

Aloha!
10-09-2019 05:34 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Kona's post:
louiebeans, kruger41, Leonard D Neubache, debeguiled
Roosh Offline
Eagle

(10-09-2019 04:51 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  I'd want to look at the context of his threats, but assuming he wasn't taken out of context yeah that guy shouldn't have guns.

Do you think I should be allowed to own guns based on the "hate speech" I've shared over the years? Many organizations claim that I'm a misogynist and rapist, a man who hates women and teaches other men to hate women.

Roosh
10-09-2019 05:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 6 users Like Roosh's post:
d'Aversa, Renzy, louiebeans, Tactician, Handsome Creepy Eel, Pinkman
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

Roosh, you should be allowed to have guns, even in spite of the most outrageous accusations that have been made against you.

However, if you made multiple posts with guns, posing as someone playing out the shooter-at-the-Joker-theatre guy, with prior threats to harm and kill women, then I would be in favor of a restraining order taking your guns.

I think this kind of red flag gun seizure is suspicious, because of the risk they will use it in unjustified cases, and I suppose that's your concern too. However, this looks like the kind of case where it's actually justified.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
10-09-2019 06:05 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like RoastBeefCurtains4Me's post:
Kungfu, Tactician, kruger41
Vasily Zaytsev Offline
Sparrow

I expect stuff this will get worse in the coming years. Just listened to Quintus Curtius's podcast where he talked about seeing the joker and he said there was even a cop at the theatre he saw it in. Insane.

Romans 8:18-21

"Most insults are compliments in disguise" -Mr. G
10-09-2019 06:18 PM
Roosh Offline
Eagle

(10-09-2019 06:05 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  I think this kind of red flag gun seizure is suspicious, because of the risk they will use it in unjustified cases, and I suppose that's your concern too. However, this looks like the kind of case where it's actually justified.

I can agree with you, but understand how the interpretation of the law will progress: first they only go after the idiots who do things like the example. And the line will slowly move away from direct threats to vague threats and then finally to feelings (e.g. "He made me feel unsafe with his sexist joke online"). If you're really serious about maintaining gun freedom in the USA, you unfortunately have to let people who say insane things keep their guns and only arrest them when they commit a crime. This may be hard to stomach, but if you can't stomach it, say goodbye to gun ownership eventually.

Roosh
10-09-2019 06:24 PM
[-] The following 27 users Like Roosh's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, spokepoker, VNvet, Kungfu, Gimlet, Barron, Renzy, louiebeans, Zenta, scorpion, BlastbeatCasanova, Tactician, kruger41, Isaac Jordan, Beyond Borders, JiggyLordJr, Sword and Board, Simeon_Strangelight, MusicForThePiano, Pinkman, Dirtyblueshirt, DamienCasanova, Buck Wild, d'Aversa, rotekz, TooFineAPoint, DannyAlberta
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

I agree that the current liberal state and local governments are looking for unjustified reasons to grab guns. It's guys like this who are fucking it up for regular men.

If this guy is sane and normal, and is really just joking, he's a fool for posting this kind of stuff.

People need to understand their surroundings, and act prudently under the current circumstances. In the current world, it's not prudent to joke about going on a gun rampage.

This guy might not be an actual shooter, but he does look like a legit risk.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
10-09-2019 06:32 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RoastBeefCurtains4Me's post:
spokepoker, Kungfu
Thersites Offline
Kingfisher

(10-09-2019 06:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 06:05 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  I think this kind of red flag gun seizure is suspicious, because of the risk they will use it in unjustified cases, and I suppose that's your concern too. However, this looks like the kind of case where it's actually justified.

I can agree with you, but understand how the interpretation of the law will progress: first they only go after the idiots who do things like the example. And the line will slowly move away from direct threats to vague threats and then finally to feelings (e.g. "He made me feel unsafe with his sexist joke online"). If you're really serious about maintaining gun freedom in the USA, you unfortunately have to let people who say insane things keep their guns and only arrest them when they commit a crime. This may be hard to stomach, but if you can't stomach it, say goodbye to gun ownership eventually.

The issue is the not the crazy man with the gun, but scared man with a pen and legislative power. Gun owners know that red flags will sooner or later be used to take a person's right to bear arm by the hoplophobic individuals on the left and right of political spectrum. The red flags are need if gun owner is proven to 'unstable' individual willing to harm society with their guns, but the definition 'unstable' will change depending on which political party is in power. Once again, lot of out problems gun violence in form of mass shooting always goes back to issues with out mental health services in the US.
10-09-2019 07:12 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Thersites's post:
d'Aversa, spokepoker
Kingsley Davis Offline
Ostrich

(10-09-2019 03:43 PM)Kungfu Wrote:  Justifiable based on his posts.

Trigger finger discipline is much lacking to boot.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 07:24 PM by Kingsley Davis.)
10-09-2019 07:23 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Kingsley Davis's post:
louiebeans, Bienvenuto, Leonard D Neubache, JiggyLordJr, spokepoker
louiebeans Offline
Robin

(10-09-2019 07:23 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  Trigger finger discipline is much lacking to boot.

I agree, take his guns simply based on the trigger discipline.

(04-21-2014 04:47 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  On the cool, she probably had at least one too many tortiillas, but the tetas was mas gorda, comprenede?
10-09-2019 07:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes louiebeans's post:
Kingsley Davis
TigOlBitties Offline
Woodpecker

Seems pretty autistic to post pictures and comments like that. He should have known this would happen, especially so close to the Commies in Seattle. Unfortunately with the time we live in, whether he should keep his guns or not doesn't matter. Post stuff like that, and they'll find you and take them away.
10-09-2019 09:01 PM
Solitaire Offline
Robin

Every American, liberal/conservative/etc, should want all to continue to have the right to bear arms. I say this because it occurs to me every time I go out in public that the vast majority of people I see wouldn't be able to run ten feet from an invading force. Without firearms available to most every member of the public, we'd be invaded within a week, and there's only so many wally-world scooters to go around, for purposes of retreat.

wrt the topic, I gotta say he kinda stepped in it. If all that other stuff didn't exist - the incel writings, wanna murder girls, well maybe punch them at least/etc - he might have gotten away with a low-brow meme pic.
10-09-2019 09:14 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Solitaire's post:
Zenta, spokepoker
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Obviously the far leftist will consider Roosh's "hate speech" a reason to take his guns. They will consider a guy who says he supports police, second guesses the theory of evolution or thinks Tim Allen is funny to be a potentially violent criminal and support taking his guns. You can't win with these people. These so called red flag laws are only the beginning as we descend into Marxism.

Interesting fact: If you go to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) where you take a medical, a written test and then swear in as an enlisted soldier/sailor/airman they have video game stations with Call of Duty available.. to teenagers. The far left hates guns supposedly but are pushing to put kids into battlefields at every opportunity by turning a blind eye to the glamorizing and desensitizing of violence with a video game at recruiting stations.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 09:23 PM by RIslander.)
10-09-2019 09:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RIslander's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

This whole thing is layered.

In a close-to-perfect homogeneous European society (or Japanese or whatever) then you can have the right to bear arms and the balance of public safety vs individual rights is not an issue.

In a drugged out, pozzed, GMO ridden, flourodized, propagandized partisanized diverse nation then the right to bear arms becomes like the right to toss lit matches around in fire season.

This guy is LARPing and he paid the price. He wanted attention. He knew the only way to get it was to engage in behavior that would cause alarm. He gambled on whether it would blow back and cause him consequences. He lost that gamble.

In a sane European country he would never have posted that picture because people would just look at him like he was an idiot, therefore European individualism is hardly a defense here because he's deliberately baiting an authoritarian regime in order to win likes and attention.

But the absolute lowest common denominator undercutting this whole second amendment larping nonsense is that if gun rights were really about preventing tyranny then they're obviously irrelevant anyway. Americans live in a country where their wife can divorce them and then push his son into gender-reassignment therapy at age 5. Where a man in New York can stand outside a maternity ward only to be told the his soon-to-be son was aborted at the last second on the mothers instructions.

We don't deserve any rights. We've done virtually nothing to protect them much less secure them. And no, they don't emanate magically from God. He is the arbiter of our eternal souls, not our day to day lives down here in the the mud.

tldr Enter stupid LARPing competitions, win stupid prizes.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2019 10:05 PM by Leonard D Neubache.)
10-09-2019 10:03 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, JiggyLordJr, d'Aversa, MusicForThePiano, wwtl, Aurini, Buck Wild, Kingsley Davis, Tactician, Professor Fox
BortimusPrime Offline
Ostrich

(10-09-2019 05:39 PM)Roosh Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 04:51 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  I'd want to look at the context of his threats, but assuming he wasn't taken out of context yeah that guy shouldn't have guns.

Do you think I should be allowed to own guns based on the "hate speech" I've shared over the years? Many organizations claim that I'm a misogynist and rapist, a man who hates women and teaches other men to hate women.

Like I said the context matters. If all one knew of your writings were cherry picked sentences from that legalize rape blog post, they'd probably say you were a threat. If the system is just feeding the cops an SPLC memo to use as their red flag action basis, then that is going to be a big problem going into the future, albeit not surprising given the leftist history of psychologizing dissent as proof of mental illness.
10-10-2019 04:49 AM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

(10-09-2019 06:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Correct - that guy was potentially unhinged and some pre-emptive investigation was justified, but the next batch won't.

Also bloke should have realized that you either do those violent incel comments or pure gun-pics. You better don't combine those or red flags will be raised.

Still - I call bullshit with regard to all of that. How many black guys in the US post gangsta-pics with guns online?

[Image: 2B4E482700000578-3195156-Two_guns_Harris...296091.jpg]

There is legion of those with a far far higher likelihood of potentially shooting someone soon. But the police barely scratches that theme.

By that statistical logic every black guy who posts with a gun while also adding some gangsta crap should have an instant gun confiscation and police visit.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 05:37 AM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
10-10-2019 05:37 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
d'Aversa, Pinkman, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, spokepoker, Tactician
An0dyne Offline
Pigeon

I normally am as wary of the proverbial "slippery slope" as the next guy, but is there no room for common sense here? I know the federal government is often found wanting in that department, of course. But I think we as sensible men can say that in this case the government acted justly based on the available data without stating that we should allow this fellow to run around and actually murder people before confiscating his guns. If the government tries to use this just action as a basis for violating the Constitution (our true governing authority), then it is time to find a new government.
10-10-2019 05:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is The Joker a psy-op? Elmore 165 14,971 Today 10:18 PM
Last Post: questor70
Video Best long content (videos and podcasts over 1 hour long) Roosh 12 1,236 10-02-2019 08:56 PM
Last Post: Goldin Boy
Exclamation FORUM GUIDE & RULES (Must Read Before Posting) Roosh 85 356,001 10-02-2019 08:54 PM
Last Post: afewgoodrats