I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Women refuse to date men who don't have iPhones
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Women refuse to date men who don't have iPhones
The NY Post is suggesting that some young women who own iPhones won't date men who have Android phones.

Quote:Forget dreamy eyes the color of the ocean. For young daters, the color of text messages is all that matters.

When people with iPhones text each other, their messages send in blue speech bubbles. But when they text non-iPhone owners, messages send in a different hue: bright green, as if to signal that they’re talking to an outsider.

For singles, it’s more than just an aesthetic thing: It’s a dating red flag (or green flag, as it were).

“If it’s not a blue message, I’m not going to bother flirting with you further,” Brooklyn resident and freelance designer Katie McDonough tells The Post. “I’m just like, ‘Why don’t you have an iPhone?’ ”

While Android phones have a larger market share than iPhones, millennials feel a stronger emotional attachment to Apple products than any other brand, according to a 2018 analysis by marketing agency MBLM.

‘If it’s not a blue message, I’m not going to bother flirting with you further.’
McDonough, who’s 23, says she finds texting with Android users limiting for very specific reasons: She likes seeing the three dots that show when iPhone owners are typing, the receipt confirming that a message has been delivered and the ability to react to messages with a “haha” or a heart.

“It’s just a turnoff if they don’t [have an iPhone],” she says. “On Tinder, you message someone [within the app] for awhile and then you exchange numbers. You’re like, ‘I hope it’s blue,’ and it’s a relief when it is.”

In college, her then-boyfriend switched from iPhone to Android, and it made communication difficult, creating a rift between them. Their love couldn’t overcome their smartphone differences.

“I think that was when our relationship started to go downhill,” she says.

Jacob Landsman, 23, is an Android user, and he knows he might be judged for his choice by potential partners.

It’s “definitely something I’m a little scared of [happening],” says the West Village resident.

His friends have mocked his Android in group text messages, but he says that if a potential match were to have a genuine issue with his smartphone, he wouldn’t be attracted to them.

“If someone wants to shame me for the kind of phone I have, they’re not worth dating, anyway,” he says.

Some believe Apple purposefully implemented the text color scheme, which has been part of the iPhone operating system’s design since iMessage launched in 2011, to create a stigma against Android users.

“I definitely think that it’s intended to create a false in-crowd thing,” Grayson Earle, an adjunct professor at The New School, tells The Post. Android texts, he says, “are designed to look less appealing” on Apple’s iMessage.

For Earle, an Android user, phone type doesn’t matter — but using a texting app that has good data privacy, such as Signal, does.

“If you’re not using good open standards for communication that are encrypted,” he says, “I don’t think we can ever get together.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/sorry-andr...-date-you/

This is the woman who won't date you if you don't have iPhone.

[Image: dating-android-iphone-mcdonough-1a.jpg?q...;amp;w=915]

I am skeptical about this story, but a survey two years ago does suggest that iPhone users are more likely to judge others for which phone they own.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
10-10-2019 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 7 users Like Roosh's post:
Laner, balybary, Captainstabbin, JiggyLordJr, gework, Going strong, Latan
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Women who refuse to date men who don't have iPhones
The people they are interviewing are all in nyc and freaking everyone here has an iPhone . It wouldn’t shock me if there is some truth to this.

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
10-10-2019 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like eradicator's post:
911, Kingsley Davis
Emperor Constantine Offline
Sparrow

2009: I need game because I'm average-looking and poor.
2019: I need game because I have a flip phone.
10-10-2019 10:47 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like Emperor Constantine's post:
spokepoker, beta_plus, Syberpunk, JiggyLordJr, kbell, Thersites, CynicalContrarian, MusicForThePiano, debeguiled, Latan
Cr33pin Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Rainbow RE: Women who refuse to date men who don't have iPhones
I refuse to date women that have skin that looks like its covered in something kids scribbled on it

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019 11:34 PM by Cr33pin.)
10-10-2019 10:49 PM
[-] The following 58 users Like Cr33pin's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Goldin Boy, John Michael Kane, spokepoker, Laner, Gusamaso, balybary, loremipsum, Uzisuicide, Tactician, Leonard D Neubache, Dirtyblueshirt, bk19xsa, Beyond Borders, Dream Medicine, Captainstabbin, RaccoonFace, kinjutsu, RIslander, infowarrior1, beta_plus, rotekz, It_is_my_time, Syberpunk, JiggyLordJr, ed pluribus unum, Vladimir Poontang, Benoit, Renzy, FilipSRB, Xntrik, bbgun, DamienCasanova, Aurini, debeguiled, Isaac Jordan, dicknixon72, gework, kbell, Deepdiver, HermeticAlly, billbudsocket, Johnnyvee, Dismal Operator, Going strong, MKE-Ed, Thersites, J315, CynicalContrarian, Solus, MusicForThePiano, Davidovich, Latan, Lovinglife, aeroektar, bacani, Enhanced Eddie, MikeInRealLife
Buck Mulligan Online
Pigeon

You know it's clownworld when frugality and resistance to banal corporate loyalty are actively selected against by the very same urbanites that will mention being both "poor" and "unique" in the next sentence; not that these women will procreate anyway, of course.
10-10-2019 11:13 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Buck Mulligan's post:
John Michael Kane, JiggyLordJr, kbell, Going strong, MusicForThePiano, Latan
spokepoker Offline
Hummingbird

I've never encountered this in the real world.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""
10-10-2019 11:30 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like spokepoker's post:
Brosemite, MusicForThePiano, Latan
scorpion Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Can confirm this is a real thing. Apple is basically a cult. I had no idea how bad it was until a friend started showing me her iWatch and how she was connected to all her friends through it. They constantly share their location and biometric information with each other. It's completely bizarre to an outsider but she treated it as being the norm in her circle.

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
10-10-2019 11:55 PM
[-] The following 17 users Like scorpion's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Buck Wild, kinjutsu, kosko, JiggyLordJr, Benoit, DamienCasanova, debeguiled, Isaac Jordan, spokepoker, Kingsley Davis, Dismal Operator, Going strong, MusicForThePiano, Latan, bacani, MikeInRealLife
monsquid Offline
Woodpecker

iPhone and Apple products in general are definitely part of the "groupthink" mentality that pervades the MSM consuming NPC mentality of the masses. My college mates used to constantly harass me for having an Android phone in our group text. They wanted to be able to share using the iMessage only functions. I don't give a shit about that and I don't like the idea of my communications passing through Apple's proprietary service.

Not that Android phones are anymore secure. The majority of the world's smart phones are Chinese manufactured Android phones. But you do get more "control" over your device with an Android. Also Android app permissions are not controlled by a centralized monolith like Apple. Look at the recent news where Apple has been complying with the Chinese government by removing apps and features that permit news from Hong Kong reaching the mainland.

It's gonna get to a point where I will only use a custom compiled GNU/Linux operating system on Tor network only.

As far as this "news" story, it's very plausible that these chicks are dumb enough to be "creeped" out by someone who doesn't have an iPhone. The zoomers are born into technology and highly dependent on it but few know or understand exactly how computers and the internet works. That's the irony I guess.
10-11-2019 12:02 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like monsquid's post:
spokepoker, peterlittlehorse
hedonist Offline
Woodpecker

I'm starting to think about opening a modern art tattoo shop....I'll let some pigeons drink some ink and then they shit all over the client ...would save these people a lot of money esp the mumble rappers.
10-11-2019 12:07 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like hedonist's post:
balybary, bk19xsa, Buck Wild, Going strong, MusicForThePiano, Latan, bacani
RDF Offline
Woodpecker

Some of you guys are reading into this a bit too much. This is just another lamestream media piece disguised as actual news with a lame attempt at humor.

This is the same thing as a girl claiming that she won't date you because you don't have Instagram. When a girl says that, she's expressing that it is unusual/weird. However strange it may seem, for 20 somethings who live in the city, seeing non-iPhone users is not exactly commonplace. I'm on a handful of group chats of 5+ people, and all but one of them is blue messages (which happens when everybody on the chat is using an iPhone). I have two close friends who don't use an iPhone, and one of them recently switched over.

This isn't meant to be taken literally. If you're a man who she wants to date, she won't care what phone you're using. It's an excuse to weed out dudes she doesn't want to date anyway. If not the Android, it would be something else.

Of all the shitty things that women nowadays are guilty of, this doesn't make the top 100.
10-11-2019 12:11 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like RDF's post:
Buck Mulligan, loremipsum, Brosemite, MusicForThePiano, Latan, bacani
monsquid Offline
Woodpecker

Well it's the NYPost so you know what you're getting but still some women do think this way unironically.
10-11-2019 12:22 AM
TrifeLife Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Women refuse to date men who don't have iPhones
In any scenario where the early stages of courtship proceed electronically, this is 100% a real thing. Female herd mentality is real. A girls friends will make fun of her if she's texting a guy who's texts are green, I've seen it in person. If you meet through social circle and are high value, yea a girl would probably look past it.
10-11-2019 01:00 AM
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Woodpecker

Looks like Apple paid the NY Post to run an ad, I mean article for them.

Return Of Kings contributor and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 01:51 AM by MichaelWitcoff.)
10-11-2019 01:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 8 users Like MichaelWitcoff's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Benoit, Kingsley Davis, Johnnyvee, CynicalContrarian, MusicForThePiano, Latan, bacani
david.garrett84 Offline
Kingfisher

Are women with all these hoops to jump through worth it anyway? Rhetorical question, as most of us will know.

If they are this unhinged about phone models, imagine their private unhingedness seeing themselves age and grey in the mirror, either alone or with a man who isn’t the 25/10 Cosmo promised them.

Men complain about divorce rape, #MeToo false allegations, and other conundrums, so they should be thanking these women for telegraphing to them just how batshit crazy they are.

This vacuousness is all important to document and discuss re the decline of society, but you see comments on Reddit about such matters and the seething rage about women’s inflated standards becomes so trite.

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 01:54 AM by david.garrett84.)
10-11-2019 01:53 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like david.garrett84's post:
Matsufubu, Leonard D Neubache, monsquid, Brodiaga, loremipsum, Dismal Operator, Latan
John Michael Kane Offline
Hummingbird

23 years old and already crashed into the wall. Damn. Urban globohomo lifestyles put 20 years on a woman before her time! As much as I'm disgusted by her, I kinda of actually pitty such a sad soul. What a lost little girl that our current culture is churning out. This isn't a call to wife her up, but more of a cautionary tale as to why to avoid (most) urban women.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
10-11-2019 02:11 AM
[-] The following 8 users Like John Michael Kane's post:
Leonard D Neubache, EvanWilson, Dismal Operator, MKE-Ed, CynicalContrarian, Davidovich, Latan, Garuda
Captainstabbin Offline
Hummingbird

(10-10-2019 10:42 PM)Roosh Wrote:  This is the woman who won't date you if you don't have iPhone.

[Image: dating-android-iphone-mcdonough-1a.jpg?q...;amp;w=915]

Yikes. I need to immediately dump my iPhone for the new Galaxy Note.
10-11-2019 02:18 AM
[-] The following 12 users Like Captainstabbin's post:
beta_plus, Solitaire, Aurini, gework, loremipsum, EvanWilson, CynicalContrarian, MusicForThePiano, Latan, bacani, peterlittlehorse, MikeInRealLife
Matsufubu Offline
Pelican

Well the cats she will eventually end up with can't use an iPhone or an Android, so that's a losing strategy.
10-11-2019 02:46 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Matsufubu's post:
Deepdiver, Latan
subterfuge Offline
Kingfisher

lol - I had this once! I always use a cheap android phone and a super cute, very young girl outside a bar said ''Is that an android?'' I was like ''yepp'' and she went ''Eeeeeeww!'' and walked off! haha

(i'm in the UK and she was Canadian)

Not that that was the whole reason for her not being interested in me btw! She was never interested. She was some Kylie Jenner wannabe girl and literally ignored the attempts of all the guys hitting on her (no matter how good their 'game'). I think she was waiting for her physical ideal to hit on her (presumably with an Iphone!! haha)

My journal : https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-57783.html
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 03:04 AM by subterfuge.)
10-11-2019 03:03 AM
kosko Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

Only feral women would be this silly to dismiss men who have androids; they must be older as well. Older because a trend among young people is to have analog phones and flip phones, many will have a flip and a iPod/iPhone in the side for apps. So the OP woman is a biohazard spinster who has no way to filter men aside from their choice in mobile products.

Next, an irony is there girls who DON'T have iPhone are generally pleasant and much more cerebral. I had great 'mature activity time' with a aloof but obviously smart programming girl who had an Android with shit cracked screen. She didn't care for her phone as long as it worked and she was very feminine and fun versus her Apple following felow females. Girls who have androids are modest (broke) or just not into the social madness that services from the Apple cult; most Android girls have thinkpads and are typically STEM affiliated as well.

I have an Android and don't give a fuck. iPhone, only good for pictures and photos as only a few androids have good cameras. Other than that it's a visited spy machine that didn't offer that much more versus an high level Android.
10-11-2019 03:13 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like kosko's post:
JiggyLordJr, dicknixon72, Simeon_Strangelight, Thersites
wwtl Offline
Woodpecker

(10-11-2019 03:13 AM)kosko Wrote:  Only feral women would be this silly to dismiss men who have androids; they must be older as well. Older because a trend among young people is to have analog phones and flip phones, many will have a flip and a iPod/iPhone in the side for apps. So the OP woman is a biohazard spinster who has no way to filter men aside from their choice in mobile products.

Next, an irony is there girls who DON'T have iPhone are generally pleasant and much more cerebral. I had great 'mature activity time' with a aloof but obviously smart programming girl who had an Android with shit cracked screen. She didn't care for her phone as long as it worked and she was very feminine and fun versus her Apple following felow females. Girls who have androids are modest (broke) or just not into the social madness that services from the Apple cult; most Android girls have thinkpads and are typically STEM affiliated as well.

I have an Android and don't give a fuck. iPhone, only good for pictures and photos as only a few androids have good cameras. Other than that it's a visited spy machine that didn't offer that much more versus an high level Android.

I enjoy a barphone as well and I don't date iPhones. When an iPhone approaches me, I usually pull out my Nokia and when the iPhone asks: "What is this and what are you doing?" I answer: "I'm just looking something up on the Internet." The joke is that my 3310 is actually online, so that's not even a lie. My no-frills Android only comes into view, once I made sure I actually met an Android.

Jokes aside. I can confirm all your experiences with Apple users. A MacBook Air, she most likely bought herself, is red flag for a career woman who hates kids. While on the other hand I had the most pleasant experience with a girl who chose a reasonably priced Android tablet instead of an iPad.
10-11-2019 04:02 AM
Polniy_Sostav Offline
Kingfisher

iPhone or not ; I don't think anyone normal would find this woman attractive
10-11-2019 05:15 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Polniy_Sostav's post:
KnjazMihailo, kosko
Thomas Jackson Offline
Woodpecker

Android user - have gotten this joke several times. Not sure how serious it was, but none of those interactions ended up going anywhere so certainly didnt help.

The average vapid millennial loving Apple has made me dig in my heels though.
10-11-2019 06:08 AM
JiggyLordJr Offline
Robin

Owning an Apple product is basically proclaiming yourself as part of the sterilized, urban culture that is marketed to NPCs worldwide. There are some people who use Apple devices for greater functionality, but most just do it to fit in with their social circle, or as a "DHV" to society at large. It's more of a status symbol than it is a phone, and this is mostly within neurotic, yuppy circles.

Normal people generally don't give a shit what phone use, as long as they're able to reasonably get in touch with you. Pliable plebs will churn out 1000+ to be chained to the Apple ecosystem, while people with somensense will save money by sticking to Android/PCs. You get way more bang for your buck, with the added bonus of being free from the Apple cult and its SJW bullshit. Also worth mentioning that if SHTF, it's much better to have all your things on a removable microSD - anything stored on the iCloud belongs to Apple. Maintaining control of your information is key here.

Will you miss out on chicks if you don't have an iPhone? Quite possibly, as I've seen this sort of thing happen before. Are the type of women you're missing out on even worth dwelling over? Most likely not - owning Apple products can even be seen a red flag, depending on how you see it.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 06:36 AM by JiggyLordJr.)
10-11-2019 06:33 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Dr. Howard, gework, loremipsum, Thersites
Seadog Offline
Woodpecker

(10-10-2019 10:49 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  I refuse to date women that have skin that looks like its covered in something kids scribbled on it

Haha. My absolute first thought when I saw her was that it reminded me of being 8 years old, opening a "tattoo parlour" in my room, and tattooing myself and friends with ballpoint pens.
10-11-2019 07:06 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Seadog's post:
Solitaire, Leonard D Neubache, kbell, Syberpunk
The Catalyst Offline
Pelican

(10-10-2019 10:46 PM)eradicator Wrote:  The people they are interviewing are all in nyc and freaking everyone here has an iPhone . It wouldn’t shock me if there is some truth to this.

That is fascinating to hear, I assumed iPhone and Android users more or less broke down 50/50
10-11-2019 07:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Men want sex with fat women, but don't want to date them Horus 88 18,755 12-29-2018 10:51 AM
Last Post: Borges
  Ask for Angela Campaign to hit Australia (For women who feel unsafe on a date). Rush87 30 5,274 10-22-2018 06:20 AM
Last Post: Cattle Rustler
  Woman uses iPhones given to her from men to buy a house JayMillz 25 5,867 11-07-2017 08:39 PM
Last Post: Leonard D Neubache