I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

A Father's Age and a Son's Testosterone Levels
puckerman Offline
Ostrich

A Father's Age and a Son's Testosterone Levels
My father was 39 when I was born. By every standard in 1971, he was a "very old" father. Of course, men can become fathers at almost any age from puberty to old age. I do wonder how healthy their sperm is as men age.

This brings me to another question. Since older men have lower testosterone levels, will they have sons with lower testosterone levels? I have wondered if I have always had low testosterone levels.

Does anyone know of any evidence on this? Does a father's age impact his son's testosterone levels?
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019 02:28 PM by puckerman.)
10-11-2019 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
John Michael Kane Offline
Hummingbird

RE: A Father's Age and a Son's Testosterone Levels
(10-11-2019 02:27 PM)puckerman Wrote:  My father was 39 when I was born. By every standard in 1971, he was a "very old" father. Of course, men can become fathers at almost any age from puberty to old age. I do wonder how healthy their sperm is as men age.

This brings me to another question. Since older men have lower testosterone levels, will they have sons with lower testosterone levels? I have wondered if I have always had low testosterone levels.

Does anyone know of any evidence on this? Does a father's age impact his son's testosterone levels?

My dad was 41 when he had me. I've had lower T-levels for a long time, and have since gone on TRT to help bring it up to normal levels. I'm 36 years old now.

There's a host of info on natural t-boosting info on this forum, as well as TRT. In short, you should try to do everything that you can to boost t-levels naturally (zinc, lose weight if you're overweight, good sleep, lifting weights, avoiding booze, being careful what kind of media you consume and how it affects you, etc.) and only if that makes no major improvement, then consider TRT.

The best thing you can do is speak with your doctor and get a hormone panel ordered. You need a baseline where your t-levels are at right now. From there you can make changes above (and more, just search the forum), then go back six months from now and do another blood test and see how things went.

If you didn't see an improvement in t-levels, talk to your doc about TRT.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
10-11-2019 02:47 PM
puckerman Offline
Ostrich

(10-11-2019 02:47 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  My dad was 41 when he had me. I've had lower T-levels for a long time, and have since gone on TRT to help bring it up to normal levels. I'm 36 years old now.

There's a host of info on natural t-boosting info on this forum, as well as TRT. In short, you should try to do everything that you can to boost t-levels naturally (zinc, lose weight if you're overweight, good sleep, lifting weights, avoiding booze, being careful what kind of media you consume and how it affects you, etc.) and only if that makes no major improvement, then consider TRT.

I know that. Where in this thread did I ask for advice on this? That's why I started a different thread.

I asked if anyone has heard of a correlation between the two. You didn't provide any scientific studies. But your personal story does make me wonder if this is true.
10-11-2019 04:26 PM
Dr Mantis Toboggan Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

I hadn't ever thought about this but my dad was 35 when I was conceived and I had low T (for a number of years, looking back on it) prior to starting Clomid earlier this year.

I'm 35 myself now and have my first child (a girl) on the way, so it's something to keep in mind should I have sons in the future.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!
10-11-2019 05:13 PM
joseph15 Offline
Pigeon

Is there any evidence to suggest this though or is this just all BroScience?
10-11-2019 07:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes joseph15's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

I doubt that there is any meaningful relationship. Testosterone levels depend on so many factors - sperm of the father barely enters the frey. The mother's age might be more effective. My dad was also in his mid 30s with my mom being 20.

Also the anecdotal evidence of older dads does not convey anything - son of then 51yo Arnold:

[Image: 862f07f10014e5c101fe170938f6585b.jpg]

T-levels across the population in the West and especially among young men have been dropping like hell:

And even those Buzzfeed blokes can double or triple their T if they put down the soy and start lifting.

I wouldn't take those things into any consideration. Especially high-value men have had children while being older all across the time with no apparent consequences. Sperm just conveys basic genetic information - what happens then later is more dependent on the health of the mother, nutrient content provided, then milk fed - nowadays good supplements helpe a lot. After the basic most important stage you have other metrics like toxins (vaccines, food, fluoride-water etc.) on top of healthy nourishing foods. And even after all of that - we know that certain sports like lifting raise testosterone naturally.

Some men require aid, but the likelihood that this had anything to do with an older dad is nuts. Nuts - because you have countless children born to frozen sperm of older high-IQ men who are already dead by the time their sperm is used to impregnate a woman. I remember this one scientist who collected sperm of elderly Nobel price winners and the buggers managed to impregnate women easily enough - just sent them frozen content and advised the process to be done with a simple syringe. The kids born were mostly very intelligent and as healthy as any other kid of that time.
10-12-2019 02:47 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Goldin Boy, Syberpunk, Handsome Creepy Eel
mr_ks Offline
Sparrow

Probably little effect. Otherwise human T-Levels would have been zero by now after generations of reproduction.
10-12-2019 01:30 PM
NoMoreTO Offline
Kingfisher

On another note, I did hear that older fathers are more likely to have girls than boys.

Simply put, the old men don't have sprinters (boys) so they are more likely to get girls (long distance).

Also, the place of the egg in the woman plays a factor, early in the month it is further away, later in the month it is lower.

Any Change in T or lower T on sons with Older fathers in my opinion would go to environment rather than genetics. Our genetic code doesn't change, but the anger level of your father, physicality, T level will lower as he ages. My impression is this could affect activities done together, and just role modelling of high T.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2019 02:10 PM by NoMoreTO.)
10-12-2019 02:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Natural ways to boost Testosterone? jbkunt2 88 40,877 Today 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kid Twist
  Clomid for Testosterone lifeizfunhuh 240 102,864 10-10-2019 01:49 AM
Last Post: Hattrick1
  Can taking testosterone cause permanent, beneficial effects foxco 3 1,079 08-20-2019 05:48 PM
Last Post: TravelingBodybuilder