I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Indigenous Peoples Day
wsquared Offline
Banned

Indigenous Peoples Day
So as I’m sure everybody knows it’s columbus Day today. But the narrative being spun is that it’s indigenous peoples day. Currently having to deal with this at my work and I’m not sure if I should keep my mouth shut or say something I’ll post a screenshot. Now I wouldn’t have a problem with recognizing this, but the fact is is that the narrative is clearly trying to dismantle the great things my forefathers and the explorers had to go through to help create the west. I work with a bunch of immigrants as well and it pisses me off to my core that these people coming to my country are trying to erase my history. I’m not sure what to do or how to respond i would t mind some feedback. I thought I’d create a post to help keep American and the west’s history from being perverted by those who wish to control us

[Don't upload photos with people's private information. -Mod]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 12:40 PM by wsquared.)
10-14-2019 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like wsquared's post:
Pinkman, Renzy
Muffuguh Offline
Pigeon

RE: Indigenous peoples day and how they stole your past to control your future
Saw a linkedin comment today by some black developer in Finland criticising white male privilege. So Finland was generous enough to let you or your ancestors in and provide you the opportunity to have a good job as a software developer, but it's still not enough, and you can post about your resentment of white people openly and not risk anything. This stuff is pervasive and not worth losing your job over, thankfully there are some companies where this isn't the norm.
10-14-2019 12:30 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Muffuguh's post:
DogLover, Brodiaga, MusicForThePiano, Benoit, bacani
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

I went to my small town's Columbus Day parade and it was America AF. Several military units including a T-6 Texan flyover, police cars with antique ones from my town, firetrucks throwing candy to children. Happy girls from the dance and cheerleader squads followed by the football team breaking each others balls. American and Don't Tread on Me flags. Church representation and the Knights of Columbus.

Guess what wasn't there.

Not one single fag flag.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 12:41 PM by RIslander.)
10-14-2019 12:41 PM
[-] The following 33 users Like RIslander's post:
Barron, Muffuguh, Handsome Creepy Eel, d'Aversa, It_is_my_time, TigOlBitties, kruger41, Rap17, jeffreyjerpp, Augustus_Principe, Tactician, Cr33pin, Biz, MajorStyles, spokepoker, bucky, Davidovich, scotian, wsquared, beta_plus, Brodiaga, MusicForThePiano, Professor Fox, John Michael Kane, Leonard D Neubache, PrimeTime32, roberto, remarkable vigour, Benoit, Renzy, Labienus, renotime, bacani
Barry Scrotada Offline
Robin

Recently flew over the Gulf of Mexico. The blue was endless as if it was an ocean itself. Seeing the boats as white dots with nothing for miles around illustrated for me not only our powerlessness in the vastness of nature but also the sheer courage it takes to pilot a boat into the sea, even with today's technology. Meanwhile people can't go across town without their GPS reminding them how to get out of their subdivision.

Christopher Columbus, his predecessors, successors, and contemporaries - da Gama, von Humboldt, de Champlain, Lewis and Clark, Hudson, Erikson, the polar and space explorers, and so on - plus their unsung crews, all had more courage, curiosity, faith, and fortitude in their pinky fingers that any of us today.

Sure, give a day to the nebulous idea of 'indigenous peoples', fine. But to pedastalize uncurious tribes as superior to the men listed above is just one more clear cut example of the pathetic and ultimately doomed agenda. Men have aspiration in their veins. Columbus' voyages are aspirational. Nomadic hut hopping is not.
10-14-2019 01:03 PM
[-] The following 21 users Like Barry Scrotada's post:
DamienCasanova, It_is_my_time, RIslander, TigOlBitties, kruger41, Augustus_Principe, Tactician, Syberpunk, spokepoker, Going strong, wsquared, Laner, beta_plus, Brodiaga, MusicForThePiano, Professor Fox, John Michael Kane, PrimeTime32, Renzy, The Black Knight, bacani
Dr. Howard Online
Crow
Gold Member

(10-14-2019 12:25 PM)wsquared Wrote:  So as I’m sure everybody knows it’s columbus Day today. But the narrative being spun is that it’s indigenous peoples day. Currently having to deal with this at my work and I’m not sure if I should keep my mouth shut or say something I’ll post a screenshot. Now I wouldn’t have a problem with recognizing this, but the fact is is that the narrative is clearly trying to dismantle the great things my forefathers and the explorers had to go through to help create the west. I work with a bunch of immigrants as well and it pisses me off to my core that these people coming to my country are trying to erase my history. I’m not sure what to do or how to respond i would t mind some feedback. I thought I’d create a post to help keep American and the west’s history from being perverted by those who wish to control us

Play dumb.

"Its what day?"

She responds "blah blah blah"

respond "oh ok, I looked up today on the federal register and it says columbus day. Is native people's day a state or municipal holiday?"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
10-14-2019 01:48 PM
[-] The following 10 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
kruger41, Augustus_Principe, spokepoker, Going strong, Kid Twist, MusicForThePiano, Cr33pin, Benoit, bacani, Richard Turpin
Rotten Offline
Robin

Columbus explored for Spain. Last time I checked, there was a lot of Spanish or Hispanic people in America.

Respond to any attack on Columbus by a SJW as if the speaker is attacking Spanish culture. Scalp a few heads this way, and Columbus Day is safe forever.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 02:16 PM by Rotten.)
10-14-2019 02:13 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Rotten's post:
Dr. Howard, DogLover, spokepoker, Going strong, Kid Twist, MusicForThePiano, bacani
TigOlBitties Offline
Kingfisher

I must have had three seperate years in grade school where we had to write a paper on if Columbus was a hero or not. Of course, they tried to encourage us to pick a certain side, and most students went with that. I said Columbus was a hero. Public school and the social justice brainwashers can kiss my ass.
10-14-2019 02:37 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like TigOlBitties's post:
spokepoker, Going strong, MusicForThePiano, bacani
Augustus_Principe Offline
Sparrow

It boils down to anti-white propaganda. Were we to live in some alternate reality, and an African discovered the Americas instead of a European, there would be statues of said African in every City in the U.S, absolutely no negative views would be allowed to be expressed, and a whole month would be dedicated to him...exactly how we celebrate MLK.

For the sake of keeping your job, you shouldn't say anything unless you have a good savings and dont care looking for another job. If you must say something, take Dr. howards route.
10-14-2019 03:10 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustus_Principe's post:
Renzy, Richard Turpin
scotian Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I will celebrate indigenous day by giving the drunk Native guy outside the 7/11 a couple of smokes and a can of Lysol.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 04:45 PM by scotian.)
10-14-2019 03:51 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like scotian's post:
Tactician, RIslander, TruckDriver9, spokepoker, Dr. Howard, bacon, MusicForThePiano, bacani
DogLover Offline
Sparrow

(10-14-2019 02:37 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  I must have had three seperate years in grade school where we had to write a paper on if Columbus was a hero or not. Of course, they tried to encourage us to pick a certain side, and most students went with that. I said Columbus was a hero. Public school and the social justice brainwashers can kiss my ass.

Today, the brainwashing is about the environment. I've seen ten year olds indoctrinated to think that ANYTHING that isn't pro-green is bad, and that the earth is dying. This is a 10 year old! So much propaganda.

So, of course, I used it as a learning opportunity and taught her that not everything her teachers tell her is true, some of it is to manipulate her to not think for herself, and the real trick in life is figure out when that happens.
10-14-2019 03:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes DogLover's post:
spokepoker
TigOlBitties Offline
Kingfisher

(10-14-2019 03:58 PM)DogLover Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 02:37 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  I must have had three seperate years in grade school where we had to write a paper on if Columbus was a hero or not. Of course, they tried to encourage us to pick a certain side, and most students went with that. I said Columbus was a hero. Public school and the social justice brainwashers can kiss my ass.

Today, the brainwashing is about the environment. I've seen ten year olds indoctrinated to think that ANYTHING that isn't pro-green is bad, and that the earth is dying. This is a 10 year old! So much propaganda.

So, of course, I used it as a learning opportunity and taught her that not everything her teachers tell her is true, some of it is to manipulate her to not think for herself, and the real trick in life is figure out when that happens.

You're spot on about the environmental brainwashing. Here in Seattle during the climate protests, the schools had kids marching in the streets with "Save the planet" signs and rabid looks on their faces. They're being groomed to be good, little commies.

It shows how evil and pathetic the Left is to be doing this to children. I think the teachers went through a slightly less extreme form of brainwashing themselves, and see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
10-14-2019 04:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigOlBitties's post:
spokepoker
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

I wouldn't mind changing Columbus Day to Indigenous Day if there was a guarantee it would end there.

“That sig BTW is a very asinine anti-family anti-parent quote. You live in a country where 40% of children grow up without a biological father, yet somehow “the greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents”? Sorry but this is fruity Boomer nonsense.”

10-14-2019 05:39 PM
Thomas Jackson Offline
Woodpecker

My favorite way to troll red man festishization is to say I'm Native American. America was founded by Anglo settlers indigenous peoples were not American. Fun fact they were not even given citizenship until the 1920's.
10-14-2019 05:48 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thomas Jackson's post:
Yatagan
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I was looking at some photos on the internet of some if these Indigenous Day protests.

Something seems to stick out in all of them.

[Image: 5568.jpg?width=300&quality=85&am...aa83740e16]

Was Columbus mean to white people too?

Aloha!
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 06:04 PM by Kona.)
10-14-2019 05:54 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Kona's post:
RIslander, Repo, Nulled, debeguiled, bacani
RIslander Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

I heard he didn't care for Jewish Hawaiians.

[Image: giphy.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
10-14-2019 06:20 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RIslander's post:
Kona, debeguiled
wsquared Offline
Banned

so its just a part time job, im not in a financial strangle hold as i have primary source of income, but i did leave a response and this is what it was feel free to criticize.I made this bed and will lay in it. But god help me if im not gonna stick up for what i believe in. If they fire me, so be it LA fucking sucks anyway. Here was my response:
"So this may not be a big deal to some of you but it certainly is to me. I respectfully ask that today be referred to as Columbus Day. I understand that people may not like or agree with it, but that does not give you the right to change it. This is my history and heritage to which I am extremely proud. I find it insanely disrespectful and hypocritical that people are trying to rewrite my country's history and holiday's. If i were to move to another nation and try to change a historically significant holiday there, I would rightfully be regarded with contempt as a credulous outsider. All I ask is that you respect me and mine as I would you and yours, thank you."
Btw the fact that this girl can freely give her opinion and im nervous about defending my own country is uhh pretty nerve racking gotta say lol
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 06:50 PM by wsquared.)
10-14-2019 06:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes wsquared's post:
spokepoker
Dr. Howard Online
Crow
Gold Member

(10-14-2019 06:42 PM)wsquared Wrote:  so its just a part time job, im not in a financial strangle hold as i have primary source of income, but i did leave a response and this is what it was feel free to criticize.I made this bed and will lay in it. But god help me if im not gonna stick up for what i believe in. If they fire me, so be it LA fucking sucks anyway. Here was my response:
"So this may not be a big deal to some of you but it certainly is to me. I respectfully ask that today be referred to as Columbus Day. I understand that people may not like or agree with it, but that does not give you the right to change it. This is my history and heritage to which I am extremely proud. I find it insanely disrespectful and hypocritical that people are trying to rewrite my country's history and holiday's. If i were to move to another nation and try to change a historically significant holiday there, I would rightfully be regarded with contempt as a credulous outsider. All I ask is that you respect me and mine as I would you and yours, thank you."
Btw the fact that this girl can freely give her opinion and im nervous about defending my own country is uhh pretty nerve racking gotta say lol

My prediction is that they will passively aggressively fire you or cut your hours to nothing.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
10-14-2019 06:52 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Dr. Howard's post:
Laner, spokepoker
beta_plus Offline
Pelican

Columbus - the first immigrant
(10-14-2019 05:39 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  I wouldn't mind changing Columbus Day to Indigenous Day if there was a guarantee it would end there.

It wouldn't - give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Though I was amused by The_Donald saying that we should remind people that Columbus was a Spanish speaking Dreamer migrant, who brought diversity and vibrancy to the Americas.
10-14-2019 08:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes beta_plus's post:
Renzy
TigOlBitties Offline
Kingfisher

wsquared, I agree with you 100%, but most Americans have had any national pride programmed out of them, especially in the City of Assholes. Sure, they'll wear the American flag and drink piss, I mean Bud Light on the 4th of July, but that doesn't really count.

The fact that a woman is involved makes it even more likely you'll be fired.
10-14-2019 09:10 PM
RawGod Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Wsquared, this will be a learning experience for you. I don't think it will go well, and likely you will face passive aggression and hostility with plausible deniability. I think you should have been less apologetic in your messaging, asking for respectful consideration for un-PC views always has the opposite effect.
Best of luck.
Long term, the answer is to BE IN A POSiTION OF POWER.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I have had this sig since 2015 and received thousands of post likes; yet not one person has commented on my sig. Perhaps you're familiar with the work it parodies? Let me know!
10-14-2019 09:22 PM
Yatagan Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Hey, if they want to celebrate "Indigenous people's day" instead of Columbus day, I'll celebrate Robert E Lee day instead of MLK day.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 09:37 PM by Yatagan.)
10-14-2019 09:28 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Yatagan's post:
Dr. Howard, spokepoker, Renzy
MusicForThePiano Offline
Woodpecker

Starve their rainbow-hued skeletal husk of any respect undeserved. Don't hate them, ignore them. Always maintain frame. Let their constant emotionally-run state of affairs be their downfall. If you are stuck in this position, start planning multiple routes to go to get yourself free from globohomo as an independent agent, or setting up a small company where you and a few other hard-working guys can work and perform a service that none of these globalist dunces can do (there are many) and each get their pay without worrying about the (((economy))) or (((HR))) or any of this stupid shit that is a non-issue.

Sorry you have to deal with this btw.

You can't cheat nature.
10-14-2019 09:30 PM
Sherman Offline
Ostrich

If they are going to rename it, they should just drop it as a holiday instead. We don't need another worthless holiday that gives lazy banks a day off.

Rico... Sauve....
10-14-2019 10:54 PM
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

Just do what he proposes - use agree and amplify:

10-15-2019 03:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Richard Turpin
perros Offline
Robin

Columbus Day Cancelled and Switched to Indigenous Peoples Day, Thoughts?
Apparently this year will be the last time Columbus Day will be a national holiday and will be replaced by Indigenous People's Day.

https://www.axios.com/columbus-day-indig...6dc35.html

Quote:Many Americans got the day off Monday because of Columbus Day, but the federal holiday is instead being celebrated as Indigenous Peoples Day in many spots throughout the nation.

The big picture: Roughly 10 states and 100+ U.S. cities observe some version of Indigenous Peoples Day this month. Native American advocates have been working since the early 1990s to get states to make the swap, the AP reports.

The latest: As tensions over the holiday's original intention rise, Columbus statues in San Francisco and Providence, Rhode Island, were vandalized with red paint Monday, CNN reports.

"Vandals had chained a sign to the base of the statue that said 'Stop Celebrating Genocide' and spray painted the word 'Genocide' on the monument."
What they're saying:

"It's about celebrating people instead of thinking about somebody who actually caused genocide on a population or tried to cause the genocide of an entire population," Baley Champagne, tribal citizen of the United Houma Nation, told NPR.
"While Columbus Day affirms the story of a nation created by Europeans for Europeans, Indigenous Peoples Day emphasizes Native histories and Native people — an important addition to the country’s ever-evolving understanding of what it means to be American," writes historian Malinda Maynor Lowery.
The other side: "By renaming the holiday Indigenous People’s Day, they have decided to emphasize the sorrier aspects of Western colonization and conquest of the Americas rather than its virtues," writes Washington Post columnist Henry Olsen.

What are your guy's thoughts?
10-15-2019 04:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day :) JayMillz 17 7,868 10-11-2014 05:50 AM
Last Post: Lizard King