I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Man sues Manhattan bar for discrimination over ‘ladies night’ entry fee
Lovinglife Offline
Robin

Man sues Manhattan bar for discrimination over ‘ladies night’ entry fee
I was talking to a friend about this today. We should use 'the system' that is discriminating against men. All these 'empowering women' groups are discriminating cause they don't welcome men where if men tried to do the same thing...

These many 'women only' gyms around hence it could also be a great way to get a payout! Has anyone tried to take the system on in this manner and won?

Quote:A Queens man is suing a Manhattan nightclub for sex discrimination — because he had to pay an entry fee at its “Ladies Night” while women got in for free, according to a new lawsuit.

Patrick McDowell grouses in his suit that he went to Inwood club Republica Lounge on Aug. 10 and had to pay a $20 cover charge — but was told women didn’t have to pay anything, according to his new $50,000 Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit.

McDowell says the Dyckman Street bar didn’t get permission for the ladies night — a common weekly practice at bars and clubs — from the New York City Commission on Human Rights “to engage in this type of sex discrimination,” as he claims is required, according to the court papers.

“The Defendant in this matter holds “ladies night” events in which females receive preferential treatment and does so without the required permission from the New York City Commission on Human Rights, thus violating the law,” the lawsuit alleges.

“Although the Court may believe that public policy should permit the Defendant to discriminate in favor of female customers, the legislature has set up a specific procedure for public accommodations to make such an argument: They must apply to the New York City Commission on Human Rights for express permission to discriminate on the basis of sex,” it continues.

“In this case, the Defendant has failed to obtain such permission,” the court papers charge.

The Dominican-themed club’s website still has an outdated advertisement for Sept. 14 which says: “Plush Saturdays: Ladies Free All Night.”

In addition to seeking $50,000 in damages, McDowell also wants a judge to stop the club from holding ladies night until the establishment gets proper permission from the Commission.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/14/man-sues-m...entry-fee/
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019 11:58 PM by Lovinglife.)
10-18-2019 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lovinglife's post:
d'Aversa
RIslander Online
Ostrich
Gold Member

RE: Man sues Manhattan bar for discrimination over ‘ladies night’ entry fee
You're preaching to the choir here but the fact is you're better off not wasting your energy on such trivial matters. These "Ladies Nights" are just full of bands of self absorbed broads having a girls night and using social media... Keep the hypocrisy of such stupidity out of your life.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019 12:09 AM by RIslander.)
10-19-2019 12:08 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like RIslander's post:
eradicator, kinjutsu, debeguiled, balybary, Latan
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Of all of the things to spend time pursuing a lawsuit about, this is not even in the top 10000 to me.

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
10-19-2019 12:34 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like eradicator's post:
Benoit, debeguiled, RIslander, Swordfish1010, Kungfu
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

This kind of thing is old as the hills. I remember a dude in Southern California who was destroying a name for himself in the early nineties by initiating lawsuits like this.

If I remember right, he even went after senior discounts in restaurants.

Must have been an awesome feeling, sitting in a restaurant, eating you meal, knowing some lady in a walker couldn't afford to eat there anymore.

Everyone has their own Everest, and victory is sweet.

“That sig BTW is a very asinine anti-family anti-parent quote. You live in a country where 40% of children grow up without a biological father, yet somehow “the greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents”? Sorry but this is fruity Boomer nonsense.”

10-19-2019 11:42 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like debeguiled's post:
ed pluribus unum, Tactician
ed pluribus unum Online
Kingfisher

The only redeeming aspect to this story is that it might wake more people up to the reality that there is such a thing as the "New York City Commission on Human Rights" and that a private business that wants to have a ladies' night has to apply for a permit for "express permission to discriminate on the basis of sex".

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton
10-19-2019 11:51 AM
TigOlBitties Offline
Woodpecker

Things like senior and military discounts actually make sense, but a vagina discount is retarded and shows how thirsty men are and enables entitlement from women. This lawsuit is a waste of time though. The vagina worshipping courts won't care.

The only way to win is to not participate, instead of adding unnecessary drama to your life.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019 11:59 AM by TigOlBitties.)
10-19-2019 11:59 AM
N°6 Online
Ostrich

It would be more effective if men did a Gillette and boycotted the sale of the promise of sex seldom delivered. This would include dinners and the taking on of women of much lower socioeconomic status to increase the chances of sexual access.

However the weakness of all forms of MGTOW would remain in that the thirst of the minority of men still in the plantation would still exceed supply.

Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women; they have destroyed kings. (Proverbs 31:3 GNB)
10-19-2019 12:09 PM
Nordwand Offline
Woodpecker

Not bothered about women only gyms, as many places already have men only areas - look for the door with the sign that says "Free Weights".
10-19-2019 12:46 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Nordwand's post:
Graft, beta_plus, Tactician, Laner
d'Aversa Offline
Sparrow

It's 21st century, he'd be better off claiming at the door that he identifies as a female.

(10-19-2019 11:42 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  This kind of thing is old as the hills. I remember a dude in Southern California who was destroying a name for himself in the early nineties by initiating lawsuits like this.
Must have been an awesome feeling, sitting in a restaurant, eating you meal, knowing some lady in a walker couldn't afford to eat there anymore.

Meanwhile homos can sue a baker for not baking a cake for them and that somehow is legitimate and they aren't "destroying a name for themselves". But no, God forbid that a man tries to use this psychopathic country's laws against the system for profit or to make a point. Let me guess, he should "man up" and pay the entry fee.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019 01:17 PM by d'Aversa.)
10-19-2019 01:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes d'Aversa's post:
azulsombra
debeguiled Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

(10-19-2019 01:16 PM)dAversa Wrote:  It's 21st century, he'd be better off claiming at the door that he identifies as a female.

(10-19-2019 11:42 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  This kind of thing is old as the hills. I remember a dude in Southern California who was destroying a name for himself in the early nineties by initiating lawsuits like this.

Meanwhile homos can sue a baker for not baking a cake for them and that somehow is legitimate and they aren't "destroying a name for themselves". But no, God forbid that a man tries to use this psychopathic country's laws against the system for profit or to make a point. Let me guess, he should "man up" and pay the entry fee.

You're the guy, aren't you?

“That sig BTW is a very asinine anti-family anti-parent quote. You live in a country where 40% of children grow up without a biological father, yet somehow “the greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents”? Sorry but this is fruity Boomer nonsense.”

10-19-2019 01:25 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like debeguiled's post:
d'Aversa, eradicator
Cobra Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

I hate to ask this... but...

Doesn't paying a $20 entry fee get you access to more women and less competition, than let's say a club with no entry fee for men?

In some way shape or form, you're always paying for access to women.

I would rather pay for access to a better venue than find the "free" place which has horrible ratios.

Spittin' Cobra - A Podcast
Accounting Career Data Sheet |Finance datasheets- Part I /Part II/Part III | 5 Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job
10-19-2019 01:38 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Cobra's post:
Emperor Constantine, Kid Twist, Tactician, bk19xsa, Laner, RDF
TheFinalEpic Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Venues can get away with this because men will pay for access to women. However, many 'ladies nights' I've experienced still have a ratio around 2:1 men to women. So, it's really not the best way to go meet a bunch of women.

This is New York, where access is everything too, so I can't see it getting too far.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.
10-19-2019 02:15 PM
d'Aversa Offline
Sparrow

(10-19-2019 01:25 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  You're the guy, aren't you?

Yeah, how did you know? I hope your partner is okay after y'all lost this lawsuit about the cake.

(10-19-2019 01:38 PM)Cobra Wrote:  I hate to ask this... but...
Doesn't paying a $20 entry fee get you access to more women and less competition, than let's say a club with no entry fee for men?

It's like advocating for pay4play. Woman gets in for free, and she gets to choose from the suckers that paid for the privilege to chat them up. I'm genuinely puzzled that you guys don't see the problem with this.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019 02:49 PM by d'Aversa.)
10-19-2019 02:47 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like d'Aversa's post:
debeguiled, azulsombra
antman333 Offline
Sparrow

(10-19-2019 02:47 PM)dAversa Wrote:  It's like advocating for pay4play. Woman gets in for free, and she gets to choose from the suckers that paid for the privilege to chat them up. I'm genuinely puzzled that you guys don't see the problem with this.

I'm okay with a little chivalry. Being given things for free isn't good for you long term. Girls dating for free drinks/food, getting into clubs free, multiple guys paying their rent, it all sets an unrealistic expectation that's going to rip the carpet from under them in their 30s. I'd rather pay now than later
10-21-2019 03:41 PM
RIslander Online
Ostrich
Gold Member

I remember reading a story of a bar that charged white men an additional cover to get in. So all the white guys stopped going and the place tanked and the staff quit because they wern't getting tips from black guys.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
10-21-2019 04:06 PM
Cobra Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(10-19-2019 02:47 PM)dAversa Wrote:  
(10-19-2019 01:25 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  You're the guy, aren't you?

Yeah, how did you know? I hope your partner is okay after y'all lost this lawsuit about the cake.

(10-19-2019 01:38 PM)Cobra Wrote:  I hate to ask this... but...

It's like advocating for pay4play. Woman gets in for free, and she gets to choose from the suckers that paid for the privilege to chat them up. I'm genuinely puzzled that you guys don't see the problem with this.

I've never said it isn't a problem but we're men. We come up with solutions. Otherwise we jack off for the night while some other guy with solutions gets access to women.

The world is changing. Either you adapt and be a man or the other option is to complain about how wrong things are....

Life isn't fair. Be happy you have been gifted balls to get over that.

Spittin' Cobra - A Podcast
Accounting Career Data Sheet |Finance datasheets- Part I /Part II/Part III | 5 Things To Do Before You Lose Your Job
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019 05:36 PM by Cobra.)
10-21-2019 05:36 PM
RawGod Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

My personal solution may be not to bother complaining, but actually I'm happy that someone is investing the time into a lawsuit like this. I have no problem with men's rights activists pointing out obvious but socially accepted inequalities and injustices (such as circumcision). If no-one did, we'd end up being worse off.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I have had this sig since 2015 and received thousands of post likes; yet not one person has commented on my sig. Perhaps you're familiar with the work it parodies? Let me know!
10-21-2019 06:04 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like RawGod's post:
azulsombra, remarkable vigour

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do early twenties girls with entry level jobs afford to travel internationally? Arcite 64 5,485 10-01-2019 09:23 AM
Last Post: david.garrett84
  Tranny Sues Salon Owner Who Refused To Wax His Junk scotian 73 9,094 08-16-2019 10:01 AM
Last Post: Leonard D Neubache
  Roosh V Ladies' Forum gework 34 4,050 06-26-2019 01:31 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight