I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Health At 40 y/o aiming for big changes, carnivore diet here I come
ElMexicano Offline
Pigeon

At 40 y/o aiming for big changes, carnivore diet here I come
Hey gents,

I had posted my experience and logged progress before on this thread https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-69064-page-5.html

However that thread had a focus on Jordan Peterson and his experiences with the carnivore diet, I decided to create a new post with my personal experiences to test and track on weekly basis.

End of week 1 observations:

Starting weight 87.5kg
Current weight 86.5kg

Diet notes: I was very strict all week except Saturday as I had a BBQ and had some chocolate cake and 3 glasses of wine with my meat and chicken

Health notes: have read that when you are on the carnivore diet, your bowl movements will wipe “dry” this is happening to me, also have not had any diarrhoea. Have been very thirsty and drinking loads of water.

Fitness notes: I have not had any adverse effects, I have maintained my regiment and my strength remains the same and even went up 2 kg on my incline barbell press to 22kg up from 20kg.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

10-28-2019 05:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ElMexicano Offline
Pigeon

RE: At 40 y/o aiming for big changes, carnivore diet here I come
Hey gents,

End of week 2 observations:

Starting weight 86.5kg
Current weight 85.7kg

Diet notes: I was not as strict as I wanted to, kept to the diet during the week, but has friends in town and both Friday and Saturday dinners I went out for sushi, both nights also had 4 glasses of wine, not good, but it will happen.

Health notes: Falling asleep very easy and waking exactly or even moment before my alarm, no longer groggy or tired after waking. Have also skipped breakfast all days, not an issue. Drinking coffee with full fat milk on a daily basis also, not adverse effects detected.

Fitness notes: Still have not had any adverse effects (that I can notice), still doing my heavy weight workout 5 times a week.

Comparison pic week 1 to week 2, I've noticed fat under chest reduced and belly reduced as well, went from 3 notches used on belt to 4 notches, about 2 cm difference.

Front and back pics as well.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019 05:34 AM by ElMexicano.)
10-28-2019 05:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ElMexicano's post:
Syberpunk
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

Interesting to see more results....
10-28-2019 07:30 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
ElMexicano
Iconoclast007 Offline
Woodpecker

Make sure to eat enough fat. Egg yokes, bacon, fatty beef etc.. The first 3 weeks are the most difficult. If you stick with it, your life will change.

See my thread on related concepts.
10-28-2019 07:50 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Iconoclast007's post:
ElMexicano, Syberpunk
tonysoprano Offline
Sparrow

Make sure you eat enough calories too once you reach maintenance weight. I was under eating and it ended up causing some problems.
10-28-2019 06:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes tonysoprano's post:
ElMexicano
Irn Bru Protein Offline
Sparrow

No offence buddy however I think just eating some healthy food would be equally as effective with regards to fat loss.

That wacky Youtube diet is unsustainable and will not do your physique any favours.
10-29-2019 12:59 AM
ElMexicano Offline
Pigeon

Thanks for the reply, it's a 90 day diet I'm trying, needed a radical change and have seen results, once 90 days is up, I'll start to reintroduce other foods, but will aim to stay low to extremely low carb going forward.

(10-29-2019 12:59 AM)Irn Bru Protein Wrote:  No offence buddy however I think just eating some healthy food would be equally as effective with regards to fat loss.

That wacky Youtube diet is unsustainable and will not do your physique any favours.
10-29-2019 04:28 AM
flanders Offline
Robin

I did about five weeks of the all-meat diet and felt great, lost a lot of weight and cleared up some minor health ailments. I'm back on carbs now for no particular reason other than long work hours. When I can scale back to ten hour days instead of thirteen hour days I'll have another go at it. It's the diet to end all diets.

(10-29-2019 12:59 AM)Irn Bru Protein Wrote:  No offence buddy however I think just eating some healthy food would be equally as effective with regards to fat loss.

Is this a troll comment?
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019 09:27 AM by flanders.)
10-29-2019 09:21 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like flanders's post:
Syberpunk, Simeon_Strangelight, JiggyLordJr
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Good on you, remember POAST PHYSIQUE.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019 01:38 PM by Syberpunk.)
10-29-2019 01:37 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Syberpunk's post:
RawGod, William Blake, Thriller
Irn Bru Protein Offline
Sparrow

A troll comment?

I would say it’s a troll diet.

Why the fuck would anyone eat nothing but meat? It’s highly unsustainable as you’ve alluded to by trying it for 5 weeks.

It’s one of those ‘start on Monday’ diets favoured by desperate fat fucks who lack the discipline to stay off sugar for more than 3 hours for fucks sake.

‘Oh I know, I’ll only eat meat for the rest of my life. That way my body will burn off all the fat for energy derp’

Next thing you know, you’re ball deep in salted caramel M&Ms, like some crackhead suffering a relapse.

That’s the problem nowadays. Youtube has given these diet queens a voice which the weak minded latch onto, desperate for results.

Like some fat bitch who sends all her hard cash to some TV evangelist.

If you want bodybuilder physique results then eat like one.

No top level BB is eating a carnivore diet.
10-30-2019 03:02 AM
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

(10-30-2019 03:02 AM)Irn Bru Protein Wrote:  A troll comment?

Why the fuck would anyone eat nothing but meat? It’s highly unsustainable as you’ve alluded to by trying it for 5 weeks.

It’s one of those ‘start on Monday’ diets favoured by desperate fat fucks who lack the discipline to stay off sugar for more than 3 hours for fucks sake.

‘Oh I know, I’ll only eat meat for the rest of my life. That way my body will burn off all the fat for energy derp’

Next thing you know, you’re ball deep in salted caramel M&Ms, like some crackhead suffering a relapse.

That’s the problem nowadays. Youtube has given these diet queens a voice which the weak minded latch onto, desperate for results.

Like some fat bitch who sends all her hard cash to some TV evangelist.

No top level BB is eating a carnivore diet.

Yes, I'm sure the main food we were eating since before agriculture took place, for 95% of human history was just a troll diet.

I'd much rather eat M&M's in their unnatural processed state, I tell you when you finally see a tree like that in the middle of October, with those little bright coloured buttons dancing in a stiff northerly wind, it makes it all worth it.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 04:24 AM by Syberpunk.)
10-30-2019 04:19 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Syberpunk's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, ElMexicano
Hawk
Gold Member

We pretty much evolved on a predominantly meat based diet. Going almost 100% meat is normal. The Masai, the Eskimos did so until recently and did it for millennia. There are no vegan tribes in contrast.

The current vegan caloric intake of the Standard American diet is 75-85% plant-based up from 50-60% in the 1940s. Especially the switching of animal fats to seed oils was a disaster. Carbs are hardly necessary for survival. The only thing we know carbs help is build fat, increase cancer rates and also help build muscle when you want to look like a bodybuilder or strongman. Then carbs are necessary. For anyone else - you only have to get meats and fish with a high omega3 to omega6 ratio.

Hilarious that people forget that humans and their ancestors survived for hundreds of thousands of years on a 65-95% meat/fish-based diet with only the last thousands of years producing domesticated strongly changed vegetables and fruits. Grains are products of convenience - less of health. Even now - if you want to be 100% carnivore with mostly beef and fish, then it costs you more than if you add rice and some veggies. It's even cheaper to add bread.

Some athletes have now started to use the carnivore diet for cutting, others are on it for decades. Oh - and better not look at the Eskimos and Masai who were some of the healthiest people on earth as shown by Weston-price.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 05:27 AM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
10-30-2019 05:26 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Syberpunk, Capitán Peligroso, ElMexicano, JiggyLordJr
Irn Bru Protein Offline
Sparrow

Oh here we go.

‘The Inuits eat blubber and they’re super healthy’

Jesus wept.

I guess that’s why the IFBB pro cards are all taken up by eskimos.

OP goals are quite clearly physique based hence the half naked selfies.

Carnivore diet is not optimal with this in mind.

Regardless of how Captain Caveman ate back in the day.
10-30-2019 05:55 AM
flanders Offline
Robin

(10-30-2019 03:02 AM)Irn Bru Protein Wrote:  A troll comment?

Like ome fat bitch who sends all her hard cash to some TV evangelist.
No tp level BB is eating a carnivore diet.

Hey whatever man, you're the one who so badly wants to make this "unsustainable", speaking for myself I set a goal and I made it. I lost about twenty five pounds, gaining back seven after introducing carbs (water probably). It was by far the easiest cutting diet ever.

A PSMF feels like you're being followed around by the grim reaper and the potato diet (while not bad) is just sort of gross. Hardcore fasting diets will strip fat faster but they take actual discipline. Not so with the meat diet. Nothing satisfies hunger like meat does.

My diet is still at least 70% straight beef by calorie (with many of those calories coming from rendered tallow), but with a few potatoes and onions (usually in a beef soup) at night. Backloading carbs at night is usually good for sleep which is useful if you're always sleep deprived and under-recovered due to shitty work hours.

If you've never tried even a month of an all-meat diet I recommend it, since you'll never know how good you can feel until you try it.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 12:41 PM by flanders.)
10-30-2019 11:42 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes flanders's post:
Syberpunk
Hawk
Gold Member

< Big bodybuilders who went carnivore occasionally have confirmed that the diet is excellent for cutting. Once you have the six-pack and definition as the goal of OP is along those lines, then he can re-introduce carbs to bulk up more muscle.

And yes - it's known that massive bodybuilding without carbs is not happening. It's not a bullshit diet when it's very close to what has been done in all of human history. Bodybuilding is a very specific thing.

Dr. Shawn Baker - long-term carnivore would indeed require some carbs if he wanted to move past this physique (age 50), but that is enough for most men:

[Image: D8EVE-IUYAEbGK8.jpg]

Though I agree with your bodybuilding statements - too much vitriol frankly. Bodybuilding science is almost 100 years old - no one discards the wisdom of those men.
10-30-2019 12:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Syberpunk, Thriller
Zenta Online
Robin
Gold Member

(10-30-2019 03:02 AM)Irn Bru Protein Wrote:  It’s one of those ‘start on Monday’ diets favoured by desperate fat fucks who lack the discipline to stay off sugar for more than 3 hours for fucks sake.

As a skinny guy, I will give you this point for sure. I've tried carnivore and keto since they are supposed to be healthier diets and make you feel better but I usually falter and fall off because its incredibly hard trying to reach 2,800 calories a day on a limited food just to maintain weight. I still go through bottles of olive oil in my morning shakes pretty quickly even off the diets to help maintain but you don't really ever see any stories out there of smol guys switching to these diets and making gains. Its all people that actually need to lose weight and can afford to simply eat in a calorie deficit usually. Now of course there are people out there that gain but thats few and far between, I know because I spent a decent amount of time searching. Most of the good transformations you see are people who had alot of weight to shed or already had training on a different diet and they were able to cut down more.

That being said my diet on both of those is certainly cleaner and healthier I think, but unsustainable. I've slipped the wagon a bit and have been eating some junk but I mostly need to switch to low carb(~100g) high fat high protein and I think that is the sweet spot for most people and a manageable diet depending on how strict you are on the carb source.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 12:23 PM by Zenta.)
10-30-2019 12:22 PM
Irn Bru Protein Offline
Sparrow

I don’t know what ‘definition’ or ‘6 pack’ OP is looking for here.

He looks like he’s just stumbled out a pub at closing time and is heading straight to the nearest kebab joint.

Jesus H Christ.

OP would be best just eating food that is sustainable for the long term while taking up a gym membership.

Carnivore is not the answer here.

I also knew someone was going to whip out Shawn Baker as a prime example.

He’s an anomaly. For every Shawn Baker there’s a thousand Frank Tufanos.
10-30-2019 12:58 PM
Johnnyvee Offline
Pelican

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
10-30-2019 01:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnnyvee's post:
Zenta
whitewashedblackguy Offline
Woodpecker

(10-30-2019 12:58 PM)Irn Bru Protein Wrote:  I don’t know what ‘definition’ or ‘6 pack’ OP is looking for here.

He looks like he’s just stumbled out a pub at closing time and is heading straight to the nearest kebab joint.

Jesus H Christ.

OP would be best just eating food that is sustainable for the long term while taking up a gym membership.

Carnivore is not the answer here.

I also knew someone was going to whip out Shawn Baker as a prime example.

He’s an anomaly. For every Shawn Baker there’s a thousand Frank Tufanos.

You must be a troll. Frank Tufano still looks better than your average dude these days, so is that really a bad thing?

It's not all about looking like a body builder. They're all roided up these days, anyways. Most would be fine looking like Spider-Man or Tyler Durden.

It's as sustainable as you make it. It gives you all the nutrients you need, so the only deal breaker is discipline.

Do some research before you come in shitting on the people here. Or at least stop acting like you know everything.

After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 06:24 PM by whitewashedblackguy.)
10-30-2019 05:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes whitewashedblackguy's post:
Simeon_Strangelight
Woodpecker

(10-30-2019 01:31 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  Paleo > Carnivore
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20860883

There's nothing here to prove that paleo is better. It only states that it's better than the Standard American Diet, and almost anything is better than that anyways.

After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 06:03 PM by whitewashedblackguy.)
10-30-2019 06:01 PM
Woodpecker

(10-30-2019 12:22 PM)Zenta Wrote:  As a skinny guy, I will give you this point for sure. I've tried carnivore and keto since they are supposed to be healthier diets and make you feel better but I usually falter and fall off because its incredibly hard trying to reach 2,800 calories a day on a limited food just to maintain weight.

How much do you weigh, and how much do you want to weigh? Just asking.

10-30-2019 06:10 PM
Johnnyvee Offline
Pelican

(10-30-2019 06:01 PM)whitewashedblackguy Wrote:  
(10-30-2019 01:31 PM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  Paleo > Carnivore
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20860883

There's nothing here to prove that paleo is better. It only states that it's better than the Standard American Diet, and almost anything is better than that anyways.

It has to do with how the forces of natural selection work. Paleo is better if that was "the diet" (which it was) that we had millions of years to adapt to. Particularly as hominids in (east) Africa. The mammoth steppe environment (more carnivore/fat) was "only" 1500-2000 generations. Not enough to adapt at older ages. (35+) This concept has been well proven in Drosophila.

So it`s vital to emulate, as close as we can, the type of diet that our ancestors had in the mostly African environment. That might have been a higher meat diet than what this particular study suggest, since the fauna has changed towards smaller animals with less fat on them. But it still indicates that Paleo (whatever that means exactly) is better than carnivore at later ages. At younger ages, pre 1850`s organic agricultural diets (not industrial diets mind you) are just as good as Paleo, depending on your ancestry. If you`re Eurasian like most of us here, you should transition no later than age 35. (Or you can just eat Paleo all your life of course.) But our gene expression do change as we get older, since there has not been enough time to adapt to agricultural foods, and we fall back on our underlying Paleo diet adaptation at older ages. Again 35-40 yo, depending on philogeny again. Background info;

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 06:36 PM by Johnnyvee.)
10-30-2019 06:35 PM
scorpion Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Having experimented with a lot of these diets, I would only recommend carnivore for quick weight loss or if you've got concerns about food allergies. I think it's needlessly restrictive in all other cases, and is something that the vast majority of people will be unable to follow long-term. Especially since there's not really much benefit to it. Most guys would be better off just eating low carb or paleo. And if you're trying to build or maintain a serious amount of muscle mass you're better off with the Vertical Diet (basically just a lot of red meat and white rice as your main staple).

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8:18
10-30-2019 07:07 PM
Thomas Jackson Offline
Woodpecker

I think carnivore diet debate merits its own thread and not derailing OP's thread.

OP keep with it and how the body responds. I am not sold on carnivore, but definitely think it beats the average American's diet.
10-30-2019 07:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thomas Jackson's post:
ElMexicano
Zenta Online
Robin
Gold Member

(10-30-2019 06:10 PM)whitewashedblackguy Wrote:  
(10-30-2019 12:22 PM)Zenta Wrote:  As a skinny guy, I will give you this point for sure. I've tried carnivore and keto since they are supposed to be healthier diets and make you feel better but I usually falter and fall off because its incredibly hard trying to reach 2,800 calories a day on a limited food just to maintain weight.

How much do you weigh, and how much do you want to weigh? Just asking.
I'm currently fluctuating right around 130lbs, down from 141 when I was fairly seriously bulking for a year. 5'7. I'd like to be a dry 150 but I'd be happy at a dry 140 as it would probably be fairly Tyler Durden as you mention and that is always my goal physique.

I haven't lifted real iron in a while now because I'd keep getting injured or joint pain even with fairly decent form, I've been doing resistance band training (I bought the over priced X3 gym system) and while I haven't been using it long enough to see any real results(about a month or so) I do feel like I am getting a decent work out from it but most importantly I am not getting injured or the joint pain. 140Lb was a dirty bulk so still a bit skinny fat but I also looked the best I ever have with noticeable muscle for once in my life, around 3-4 years ago, back when I was more red pilled than black pilled and LIFT was rule #1. It was after my 8 year LTR ended and I would come home from work, I would lift and then just spend the rest of my night stoned off my ass, but I didn't care as long as I put my lifting in and I was also doing quite well with the ladies back then.

I will say the nice thing when I was doing Keto other than feeling like I had no real energy was that my skinny fat was slimming down and I was only fluctuating a lb or two down my normal weight. I guess I'd ask you for advice but theres no reason, the only advice is to eat big, eat clean, and workout consistently. I've just become a undisciplined black pill fuck whos lost sight of his goals.
10-30-2019 09:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Synergistic Convergence of Carnivore Diet , Semen Retention & Psychedelics Iconoclast007 19 2,161 11-01-2019 07:26 AM
Last Post: Iconoclast007
  Jordan Peterson and the carnivore diet Malone 124 24,014 10-20-2019 02:00 PM
Last Post: ElMexicano
  Keto diet experiences? Donald Duck 251 91,603 08-30-2019 08:03 PM
Last Post: Cast2e