I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Couple swap wedding roles as groom walks aisle in dress and bride in tuxedo
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Couple swap wedding roles as groom walks aisle in dress and bride in tuxedo
The bride didn't want to wear a suit, so the groom went along with it.

Quote:Ciara O’Donnell had always fancied getting married in a suit and she certainly wasn’t going to walk down the aisle.

So she and fiancé Bobby Cook – whose romance blossomed despite an awkward first meeting – decided to swap roles.

Ciara donned a tux alongside her three bridesmaids, while strapping 6ft 4in Bobby put on a £45 frock and tiara and got his two groomsmen to wear dresses, too.

Bobby said: “We always joked Ciara wears the trousers in the relationship, so it made sense for her to wear them at the wedding.

“Ciara said she wouldn’t be walking down the aisle for me, so I walked down the aisle for her. So we decided to do everything backwards.

"I took her family name. It was so relaxed and everyone had a great laugh. There were a few gobsmacked faces.”

Ciara said the idea kicked off when they visited the wedding venue and she joked that he should walk down the aisle instead of her.

“We decided it would be so funny. Me and Bobby can be a bit wacky and we thought if we did it, it would really break the ice and give everyone good form at the start of the day.

“We wrote the ceremony as well.”

They kept their plans a secret from nearly all the guests until the big day.

The groomsmen had no idea they’d be in frocks (Image: Craig Terence Andrews)

The bridesmaids knew they would be wearing tuxedos, but the groomsmen had no idea they’d be in frocks.

Bobby, 35, said: “I wouldn’t let them try the outfits on before in case they backed out, but on the day, they loved it. They cried tears of bemusement when they saw the dresses.

“We were all in hysterics. I was a size 18 and they were all 14s.

“Ciara and the girls had no problem buying their tuxes, but we had a lot of trouble.

“A lot of places didn’t want me to try stuff on. The bridal places we tried were reluctant, so I ended up buying online.”

Ciara, 35, added: “The bridesmaids were fine with the suits – girls can look really good in suits.

“But my brother was one of Bobby’s groomsmen and he kept texting me, ‘when are we getting our suits?’. I had to say, ‘you aren’t getting one’.

“Because they are all hairy and tattooed, it was funnier.”

Ciara said Bobby’s infectious laugh was the main source of attraction. Bobby, an HR executive from Swansea, South Wales, even persuaded his dad Linton to walk him down the aisle.

“When I told my dad what we were doing he shook his head, looked at the ground and said, ‘What are you like?’

“He didn’t give me a pep talk – just said, ‘let’s get this done’.

Bobby admitted he was a bag of nerves before his appearance in front of their 70 guests in Belfast last month.

“When the door opened, everyone there erupted in applause and laughter. It really carried me down the aisle,” he said.

The couple wrote most of their own vows – and exchanged balls and chains, as well as rings.

The couple moved to Ciara’s home in Donegal town, Ireland, last year and she is now eight months’ pregnant (Image: Trevor McBride)
Bobby said: “Although the service was quite funny and shocking – we weren’t doing it to make a mockery of marriage.

“It was a big thing for both of us, all the words in the service were so personal.”

The couple hooked up three years ago – despite a cringe-making first meeting. Bobby was on holiday in Barcelona when he and a mate popped into a pub, where he spotted Ciara serving behind the bar.

Assuming she was Spanish and couldn’t understand English, he started telling his friend how much he fancied her.

Ciara alongside her three bridesmaids, who also wore tuxedos (Image: Craig Terence Andrews)
“I thought she was a sexy Spanish girl, with beautiful eyes, with a proper naughty glint in them,” he said.

“I was chatting to my mate saying, ‘oh, she’s stunning’ and it turned out she was Irish and understood everything I was saying.” Bobby and his pal had only gone into the bar for one drink, but he ended up staying there all day and he and Ciara shared a kiss later that night.

“I fell in love with her the moment she opened her mouth. She’s got the most savage personality,” he said.

Ciara said Bobby’s infectious laugh was the main source of attraction. She said: “We just clicked straight away, we laughed so much.

“To meet a partner you can laugh with all the time – I’ve never been with a guy before who’d wear a dress for me. He just doesn’t care.”

Ciara said: 'The bridesmaids were fine with the suits – girls can look really good in suits'
The pair spent thousands flying backwards and forwards between Wales and Barcelona every few weeks to see each other. They moved to Ciara’s home in Donegal town, Ireland, last year and she is now eight months’ pregnant.

Bobby proposed during a death-defying drive in the mountains with Ciara at the wheel during a Christmas visit to her family in 2017.

“I managed to ask her dad for her hand and he laughed and told me, ‘good luck’,” he said. “I carried the ring about with me every day for the best part of a week, waiting for the right time.

“At one point on that trip, she nearly killed us. We went for a drive on New Year’s Eve and the snow on the road was getting thicker and thicker.

“We ended up at the top of a steep mountain road. Ciara said the only way to get off was to drive straight down the pass.

“I thought we were going to die and that this was my last chance to propose and tell her how much I love her, so I whipped the ring out and asked. She laughed and said, ‘of course I’ll marry you’.

“Then she skidded her old Corolla from the top of the pass to the bottom like a pro. I was screaming all the way.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hi...e-20731385

[Image: 0_PROD-Bobby-and-Ciara.jpg]

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
11-07-2019 08:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 13 users Like Roosh's post:
Er Miqué, Sosa, BlueMark, SlickyBoy, Captainstabbin, MajorStyles, El Chinito loco, DJ-Matt, infowarrior1, JiggyLordJr, HermeticAlly, Zenta, billbudsocket
Feyoder Offline
Sparrow

RE: Couple swap wedding roles as groom walks aisle in dress and bride in tuxedo
Joke country
11-07-2019 09:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
pitbullowner Offline
Woodpecker

Pathetic... I ugh....

Her forced smile says: 3 years at most before she files for divorce papers to get served to him

Your actions speak louder than your words, son.
-My father, R.I.P.

My Twitter handle

(11-19-2019 11:07 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  The Joneses are all retards
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019 10:00 PM by pitbullowner.)
11-07-2019 09:58 PM
SlickyBoy Offline
Ostrich

Savage personality.... exactly what you want before you're even married to the (already fat) bitch).

Twitter: @_slickyboy
Occasional contributor at Return of Kings (while it lasted)
11-07-2019 10:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SlickyBoy's post:
Renzy
WalterBlack Offline
Ostrich

11-07-2019 10:29 PM
Roosh Offline
Eagle

(11-07-2019 10:29 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  dupe

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-72858...pid2033044

It's okay. That was only a post in a bigger thread.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
11-07-2019 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kona Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Notice the swallow tattoo on the right side of the bride man's chest. He swallows.

I hang around a lot of nauticadl types, and lots of guys with tattoos. Don't get any type of swallow unless you are a real serious waterman and can back up everything you do. You won't hear the end of it.

Aloha!
11-07-2019 10:32 PM
pitbullowner Offline
Woodpecker

(11-07-2019 10:29 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  dupe

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-72858...pid2033044

I mean the guy has been driving himself everywhere and has been doing a tour as well. He might be a bit busy IRL

Your actions speak louder than your words, son.
-My father, R.I.P.

My Twitter handle

(11-19-2019 11:07 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  The Joneses are all retards
11-07-2019 10:34 PM
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

Further proof that people who have a lot of tattoos are not hard core and edgy.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 10:57 PM by MajorStyles.)
11-08-2019 10:57 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like MajorStyles's post:
Phazlenut, HermeticAlly, kosko
renotime Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

So if the wedding is one big joke, I'm guessing the marriage will go the same way, right?

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.
11-08-2019 11:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes renotime's post:
Roosh
Paracelsus Offline
Crow
Gold Member

What a fine catch any of these overpainted lovelies would make. On reflection going with suits was a good choice, you can't hide muffintops in standard wedding dresses.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 11:46 PM by Paracelsus.)
11-08-2019 11:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paracelsus's post:
infowarrior1
la bodhisattva Offline
Kingfisher
Silver Member

For some time I've been able to read ridiculous threat titles on this board and very accurately guess that the origins of the story are from the UK. Once upon a time the sun never set on your empire.

And twenty years ago being covered in tattoos was a good indicator that you didn't want to mess with that guy. There is now no better signal that the guy is a pussy and/or faggot. Times have certainly changed.
11-09-2019 12:03 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like la bodhisattva's post:
TigOlBitties, Roosh, infowarrior1, wwtl, N°6, Phazlenut, JiggyLordJr, debeguiled, kosko
infowarrior1 Offline
Ostrich

How to get Gay Married 101.
11-09-2019 02:48 AM
RIslander Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Being disgusted over what the homos do is like being disgusted with the monkey that throws feces at you at the zoo. Homos are going to homo; monkeys are going throw feces. I think alot of forum members are letting this small group of people that are amplified by the media get to them. I won't lie it gets to me but I do my best to avoid it.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2019 02:57 AM by RIslander.)
11-09-2019 02:56 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like RIslander's post:
Paracelsus, infowarrior1, pitbullowner
Horus Online
Ostrich
Gold Member

It's important to know when people are laughing with you and when people are laughing at you.
11-09-2019 03:05 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Horus's post:
RIslander, infowarrior1, MajorStyles
N°6 Offline
Ostrich

(11-09-2019 03:05 AM)Horus Wrote:  It's important to know when people are laughing with you and when people are laughing at you.

Yet his father just resigned himself ‘to get on with it’ and his friends partook in the public shame.

Besides, don’t most brides tell the groom and the groomsmen to wear on their big days?

Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women; they have destroyed kings. (Proverbs 31:3 GNB)
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2019 04:21 AM by N°6.)
11-09-2019 04:19 AM
d'Aversa Offline
Robin

(11-09-2019 04:19 AM)N°6 Wrote:  Besides, don’t most brides tell the groom and the groomsmen to wear on their big days?

I've attended very many weddings in my wee young days, and I can recall that all of them were orchestrated by women, usually older family members and brides themselves. I could tell how stressful it was for them and how extremely rude they could be when I asked "why this, why that'. I guess it's all part of the bigger picture.
11-09-2019 05:59 AM
El Chinito loco Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I didn't look at the link or anything but as soon as I saw the pics I knew these were probably Brits. This is the type of lame shit they think is edgy.. plus the shitty tattoos.

"Me and the lads are gonna dress like the missus and later we are going to wank each other mate."

edit: Ok, I was close. Welsh and Irish couple. Cuck island meme still stands.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2019 07:32 AM by El Chinito loco.)
11-09-2019 07:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like El Chinito loco's post:
Thomas Jackson, infowarrior1
Phazlenut Offline
Sparrow

(11-08-2019 11:03 PM)renotime Wrote:  So if the wedding is one big joke, I'm guessing the marriage will go the same way, right?

Inevitably happens when people are glib and crass about the sacrosanct institution of marriage.

This marriage:

This result:

[Image: bEXseQL.jpg]

This final outcome:

[Image: c0oUBgl.png]
11-10-2019 05:18 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phazlenut's post:
Benoit
Cavalier Offline
Pigeon

This is almost so bizarre it defies comment. What kind of sissy would have this kind of wedding. His faggot friends dressed in dresses as well. I would never do that, friendship ended for even asking. This balless wonder is going to take his wife’s name, what a disgrace. His father should disown but the fruit probably didn’t fall far from the tree I am guessing.
11-11-2019 01:37 PM
Gimlet Offline
Woodpecker

Here we see the true purpose and end result of gay marriage - to ensure once and for all that marriage is a joke. No one views it as a sacrament any more, and that is by design.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019 02:08 PM by Gimlet.)
11-11-2019 02:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gimlet's post:
Salinger
Vladimir Poontang Online
Pelican

(11-11-2019 01:37 PM)Cavalier Wrote:  This is almost so bizarre it defies comment. What kind of sissy would have this kind of wedding. His faggot friends dressed in dresses as well. I would never do that, friendship ended for even asking. This balless wonder is going to take his wife’s name, what a disgrace. His father should disown but the fruit probably didn’t fall far from the tree I am guessing.

[Image: giphy.gif]

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
11-11-2019 03:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vladimir Poontang's post:
Tex Cruise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Two girls dress up as KKK in Los Angeles for Halloween Roosh 27 4,239 11-04-2019 08:08 AM
Last Post: Simeon_Strangelight
  Accountant caught with 1,700 upskirt images after filming up woman’s dress in Topshop Georgepl 11 2,522 08-26-2019 11:34 AM
Last Post: debeguiled
  Serbia Kosovo Border Swap Sisyphus 18 3,596 05-30-2019 11:49 PM
Last Post: KnjazMihailo