Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

MK hits some West Tx Bars and Reports-back
mkultra22 Offline
Banned

MK hits some West Tx Bars and Reports-back
Another night of heartbreak in Odessa. Fear and loathing or whatever you want to call it. The options are limited at best. But well, you can only expect so much out here.

We all have hopes and dreams, and for me it's a cute Japanese waifu. We can't always get what we want, and out here the options are limited. Limited to hispanic women and fat white women. I began my night at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant. Sort of a high-class joint for the greater midland-Odessa area. The Margaritas have a strong kick to them. For some reason this place is always inundated with nurses, is this maybe because nurses are huge drinkers, some even being huge pill poppers? Who knows, but I'll take what I can get.

The time is 9:30, and I feel busted as f*** right now. I feel like Connor McGregor after getting beat up by a pack Irish travelers. I am drenched in sweat from my work and I just want to get drunk. I have 30 minutes in this bar, restaurant before it closes. I am just trying to get drunk on vodka sodas, and it's actually not going very well. I'm now up to three and still not doing much for me despite no dinner. Anyway let me set the scene for you, the restaurant is thinning out, and there's not that many opportunities. The table of MILFs, Family table, and a few girls at the bar. This is an easy choice for me.

Approach the two hot nurses, who knows if they’re in relationships:

Me: *Taps blonde on shoulder* I saw you across the room and thought you looked cute so I wanted to come say hi.
Her: Haha, thank you, how are you doing?
Me: I’m good, my name is MK, are you from here or no?
Her: I’m _____. Actually I’m from Austin.
Me: That’s cool are you here for work.
Her: Yes, I’m a nurse and I just moved here permanently.
Me: Cool, I see a lot of nurses here, and me I’m from here as well. Austin is a really cool place I love going down there— my grandmother had a house right next to UT, it has a dope bar and music scene.
Her: Ya, I love Austin it is a great place.
Me: Not to be too forward here, but I had to come talk to you, and to be honest would love to take you out to drinks sometime.
Her: I’m flattered, but I have a boyfriend.
Me: Oh, haha, had to try, have a good night and nice to meet you.

Well, a bust.

Switch spots right after this b/c the restaurant is closing.

I call up a girl in my contacts to see if she is going out. She is, so we decide to meet up.

I’m at a dive bar that I love by Odessa standards. It also turns out to be a more or less a biker ball full of Banditos and Cossacks. I have a long storied history here, so there is an element of pride as well, some guy tried to kill me here once, so it holds a special pull on my heart that I can’t seem to shake no matter the number of other bars I go to.

Very strange situation, the girl greets me with a hug, we haven’t seen each other in about 3 or 4 months. So, that’s good. But the bad is that she is with a rather large guy with a beard who looks like a Neo-nazi, and has “WHITE” tattooed on his leg in vertical letters.

Naturally we settle into drinking—serious drinking for a Tuesday night. The DJ is bumping 90’s hip hop and RnB as well as some classic old-school Texas country. These were good times. Things appeared to be a lot more care-free back then, but who knows? I’m just a Juul-ripping, Minecraft-playing, IPA-drinking millennial who worries about the size of my Instagram following and my Snapchats.

I want to make a move on this girl so bad, she has a large rack, and tattoos that I can tolerate, and she’s gotten hotter since she broke up with her husband, but nothing has ever happened between us, other than an incident at a nightclub where I was so hammered I tried to make out with her, but ended with me planting kisses all over her face. She just broke up with her husband permanently, but the last time it happened, it was a temporary thing, or a trial separation. Can we just take a moment to reflect on how shockingly normal trial separations are becoming in today’s society?

To cut to the end of the story we all get really drunk and the dude we’re with starts spouting off about how he can take any Bandito or Cossack, and that he doesn’t give a f*** about any of them. He’s yelling this on the back patio.

Anyway, that was my night in Shit-Dessa.

I wish I could say this stuff was abnormal, but in all honesty, it’s just another night in Odessa.
11-13-2019 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like mkultra22's post:
Jacob Rast, PapayaTapper
Jacob Rast Offline
Pigeon

RE: MK hits some West Tx Bars and Reports-back
(11-13-2019 03:05 PM)mkultra22 Wrote:  Another night of heartbreak in Odessa. Fear and loathing or whatever you want to call it. The options are limited at best. But well, you can only expect so much out here.

We all have hopes and dreams, and for me it's a cute Japanese waifu. We can't always get what we want, and out here the options are limited. Limited to hispanic women and fat white women. I began my night at my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant. Sort of a high-class joint for the greater midland-Odessa area. The Margaritas have a strong kick to them. For some reason this place is always inundated with nurses, is this maybe because nurses are huge drinkers, some even being huge pill poppers? Who knows, but I'll take what I can get.

The time is 9:30, and I feel busted as f*** right now. I feel like Connor McGregor after getting beat up by a pack Irish travelers. I am drenched in sweat from my work and I just want to get drunk. I have 30 minutes in this bar, restaurant before it closes. I am just trying to get drunk on vodka sodas, and it's actually not going very well. I'm now up to three and still not doing much for me despite no dinner. Anyway let me set the scene for you, the restaurant is thinning out, and there's not that many opportunities. The table of MILFs, Family table, and a few girls at the bar. This is an easy choice for me.

Approach the two hot nurses, who knows if they’re in relationships:

Me: *Taps blonde on shoulder* I saw you across the room and thought you looked cute so I wanted to come say hi.
Me: Cool, I see a lot of nurses here, and me I’m from here as well. Austin is a really cool place I love going down there— my grandmother had a house right next to UT, it has a dope bar and music scene.
Me: Not to be too forward here, but I had to come talk to you, and to be honest would love to take you out to drinks sometime.
Her: I’m flattered, but I have a boyfriend.
Me: Oh, haha, had to try, have a good night and nice to meet you.

Well, a bust.

Switch spots right after this b/c the restaurant is closing.

I call up a girl in my contacts to see if she is going out. She is, so we decide to meet up.

I’m at a dive bar that I love by Odessa standards. It also turns out to be a more or less a biker ball full of Banditos and Cossacks. I have a long storied history here, so there is an element of pride as well, some guy tried to kill me here once, so it holds a special pull on my heart that I can’t seem to shake no matter the number of other bars I go to.

Very strange situation, the girl greets me with a hug, we haven’t seen each other in about 3 or 4 months. So, that’s good. But the bad is that she is with a rather large guy with a beard who looks like a Neo-nazi, and has “WHITE” tattooed on his leg in vertical letters.

Naturally we settle into drinking—serious drinking for a Tuesday night. The DJ is bumping 90’s hip hop and RnB as well as some classic old-school Texas country. These were good times. Things appeared to be a lot more care-free back then, but who knows? I’m just a Juul-ripping, Minecraft-playing, IPA-drinking millennial who worries about the size of my Instagram following and my Snapchats.

I want to make a move on this girl so bad, she has a large rack, and tattoos that I can tolerate, and she’s gotten hotter since she broke up with her husband, but nothing has ever happened between us, other than an incident at a nightclub where I was so hammered I tried to make out with her, but ended with me planting kisses all over her face. She just broke up with her husband permanently, but the last time it happened, it was a temporary thing, or a trial separation. Can we just take a moment to reflect on how shockingly normal trial separations are becoming in today’s society?

To cut to the end of the story we all get really drunk and the dude we’re with starts spouting off about how he can take any Bandito or Cossack, and that he doesn’t give a f*** about any of them. He’s yelling this on the back patio.

Anyway, that was my night in Shit-Dessa.

I wish I could say this stuff was abnormal, but in all honesty, it’s just another night in Odessa.

The fornicator lifestyle we used to promote isn't healthy, but I do miss reading hilarious reports like this. Personally I think day and night game to a degree are fine if done intelligently and with good intentions. Trying to actually meet women and enjoy yourself instead of spam approaching to fulfill an insecurity or hit a number that society says you need to hit.
11-13-2019 03:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jacob Rast's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
mkultra22 Offline
Banned

It's hard man, I just want to meet a girl, I have no ulterior motives, but the options seem slim. Especially out here.

As days go by, I find not many people, men or women, are willing to live in the moment. Instead it's all about social media or outward appearances.
11-13-2019 03:38 PM
AntoniusofEfa Offline
Robin

Someone posted this here on the forum, while I was complaining about how the options in my area are not good enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKNoJ2BzSRU

If you do not belong, just move elsewhere where you are on a similar wavelength with the surrounding people. My current social interaction time is a Salsa class with lovely young, feminine women, who appreciate my dance skills. I do enjoy the odd binge with my drinking buddies, but my life has improved since I set productive and fitness goals to myself, and set aside cheap entertainment.

P.S.
I just read all of your post. Hanging out at biker pubs? WTF? Get out. As soon as you can. I have been there and done that. It is not a nice way to spend life.
11-13-2019 04:05 PM
mkultra22 Offline
Banned

I mean i'm working here, i don't have the luxury of dropping everything and moving to eastern europe.

There are not many options in midland-odessa.
11-13-2019 04:25 PM
swolemate Offline
Banned

It sounds like you need to stop visiting bars and start having a more sustainable long term strategy to meeting women.

Biker bars are not the place to hang out with women.
11-13-2019 09:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes swolemate's post:
MichaelWitcoff
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Kingfisher

"Me: *Taps blonde on shoulder* I saw you across the room and thought you looked cute so I wanted to come say hi.
Me: Not to be too forward here, but I had to come talk to you, and to be honest would love to take you out to drinks sometime."

You were both already out for drinks, consuming alcohol and having a conversation with each other. I'm not sure what the point was of asking her to do the thing you were already doing, but at some point in the future, rather than simply enjoying each others' company and getting to know each other then and there. You skipped the entire phase of the interaction where you display your cool personality and allow her to become attracted to you, which is a necessary step before asking for a number or future date.

All that said, cold approaching women at bars is rarely how one finds a high-quality wife.

Jewish convert to Orthodox Christianity and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019 10:43 PM by MichaelWitcoff.)
11-13-2019 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like MichaelWitcoff's post:
AntoniusofEfa, Dr. Howard, nuevayork, BigFellow
tr1cky Offline
Woodpecker

Most men wouldn't have the balls to approach those women so +1 there. As far as game goes, I agree with Michael. Many things wrong. You should have pushed the interaction as far forward as you could when you first met.

I disagree about bars not being a place to meet quality women. Socializing over alcohol has been a tradition for centuries. It's not some new idea created by our "degenerate western society" (as many here call it). I meet quality people during nightlife all the time.
11-14-2019 09:18 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes tr1cky's post:
RDF
RDF Offline
Woodpecker

(11-14-2019 09:18 AM)tr1cky Wrote:  I disagree about bars not being a place to meet quality women. Socializing over alcohol has been a tradition for centuries. It's not some new idea created by our "degenerate western society" (as many here call it). I meet quality people during nightlife all the time.

Agreed completely. There are plenty of quality women who go out to bars just like everybody else does. I have met awesome girls who go to clubs and terrible ones who don't go out at all.

Nightclubs I would still say are lower probability to meet quality but even there, it really depends on context.
11-15-2019 01:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RDF's post:
AntoniusofEfa