Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

LTR is short
TheBadGuy Offline
Sparrow

LTR is short
Hey all, dating a girl now for the past 2 years. Things are going well. We have some disagreements and have different outlooks on the world, but overall we complement each other well and she is very submissive to me about most things. We are both conservative and of the same religion.

Here is my concern: she is short. I am talking like 5'-5'1. I am average height for a male (5'9-5'10) and am solely concerned about the height of my children here. This may seem like a "silly" post, however, I am at a point in life where I am wanting children and want to give them the best opportunity to do well in life. I am completely fine with being average height (of course, most anyone would not argue with being a bit taller, but nonetheless). Anyone ever have this problem or dilemma? How did things work out? Appreciate any thoughts.
11-18-2019 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Baphomet Offline
Kingfisher

RE: LTR is short
I am much taller than my parents. And plenty of short people have done VERY well in life.

If you were worried about some congenital birth defect that is prevalent in her family, that would be one thing. But "worried" about the height of potential children as a roadblock to a marriage and a family? Not buying that.
11-18-2019 02:29 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Baphomet's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, 911, Latan
RedKurrant Offline
Sparrow

I'm the same height as you and my LTR is bang on 5ft. The height of our future children has never crossed my mind, and I don't think it particularly matters anyway.

If it is a concern for you, you should bear in mind that just because your LTR is tiny it does not mean you are destined to have short children. Height is a polygenic trait. This means that it's affected by a bunch of different genes. Because it's polygenic, there are lots of different genetic combinations that can yield a wide variety of different heights. It's therefore a possibility that you could have children with a taller woman, but they end up being quite short.

In short (pardon the pun), your LTR's height is no guarantee of having short children. It would be silly to end things with someone over something so trivial.
11-18-2019 02:31 PM
D'Kora Koloth Offline
Pigeon

What's more important: tall children or children raised by a devoted mother?
11-18-2019 02:37 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like D'Kora Koloth's post:
Augustus_Principe, Handsome Creepy Eel, No More Mr. Soy Boy, 911, redbeard, Dr. Howard, Buck Wild, DJ-Matt, Latan
John Michael Kane Offline
Crow

Is this woman the right girl to be the mother of your future children? If the answer is yes, her height doesn't matter. Shorter women, on average, tend to be more submissive and feminine. This is a positive thing!

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
11-18-2019 02:40 PM
monsquid Offline
Woodpecker

(11-18-2019 02:37 PM)DKora Koloth Wrote:  What's more important: tall children or children raised by a devoted mother?

Which factor improves their probability of success more? While the former doesn't hurt, I would put my money on the latter. Plenty of tall criminals and losers that are the product of bad parenting, broken homes, and other nurture factors. Whereas having a devoted mother controls at least one variable.
11-18-2019 05:56 PM
Vilmore Offline
Pigeon

I think your daughters, provided you have daughters, would rather not be 6'0+.
11-18-2019 10:10 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vilmore's post:
Kona Online
Crow
Gold Member

Hey come on, it's 2020. Whatever height a child identifies with is up to them. They speak their own truths.

Aloha!
11-18-2019 10:29 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Kona's post:
d'Aversa, MajorStyles, Latan, bucky
911 Offline
Crow

Kids have been getting taller than their parents. I wonder if growth hormones in fast food are a factor, I have a close friend who is 5'9"ish, married to a short woman around 5'6", their kid is a freshman who is over 6'2", and big boned. Both parents are workaholics, he grew up eating a lot of fast food (happy meals etc).

You see that also a lot in Asia, Chinese kids who are much bigger than their parents, and who eat out a lot, or at least eat a lot of meat.

This being said, OP that reason is really trivial, if that's your main complaint about her, then she's a keeper.

λ ό γ ο ς
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019 12:10 AM by 911.)
11-19-2019 12:09 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like 911's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, bucky, Leonard D Neubache
redbeard Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

I've thought about the same thing. It's one of those issues where you have to go back to basics, and think about the purpose of marriage and having kids. It's NOT to create some 7 foot tall super soldiers who'll play in the NBA. The goal of having kids is to spread the word of God and find a woman who will strengthen your relationship with God. Having tall children will NOT make them better Christians, and having a tall wife won't make her a better steward of the house (unless you're not attracted to her).

Other posters are right, people are getting taller on average. On top of that, the world is becoming increasingly more digital (whether we like it or not). In which case their character matters much more then appearance since interactions are increasingly behind a screen.
11-19-2019 07:29 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like redbeard's post:
open source, Handsome Creepy Eel
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

It's hard to think of a worse reason for discarding a potential wife.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
11-20-2019 03:25 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
RawGod, Buck Wild, DJ-Matt, Latan, bucky, Leonard D Neubache
TheBadGuy Offline
Sparrow

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. I really appreciate the other outlooks here. I am in agreement that height is important, but not everything. Just wanted to be sure I was overthinking things.
11-23-2019 10:14 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like TheBadGuy's post:
John Michael Kane, D'Kora Koloth, BlastbeatCasanova
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

This is silly. In this peaceful era we living in right now none of that matters. Anyone can be tough.

Now if we were to go back to an uncivilized nation or attacked by some outside barbarians, I can understand Laugh
11-24-2019 01:15 AM
TheBadGuy Offline
Sparrow

(11-24-2019 01:15 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  This is silly. In this peaceful era we living in right now none of that matters. Anyone can be tough.

Now if we were to go back to an uncivilized nation or attacked by some outside barbarians, I can understand Laugh

Yes, height does matter. As I said, it is not everything, but if you think it is nothing then you are just fooling yourself.
11-24-2019 06:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheBadGuy's post:
bucky
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

(11-24-2019 06:17 PM)TheBadGuy Wrote:  
(11-24-2019 01:15 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  This is silly. In this peaceful era we living in right now none of that matters. Anyone can be tough.

Yes, height does matter. As I said, it is not everything, but if you think it is nothing then you are just fooling yourself.

If height is so important to you, then dump her. Stop crying. There's people out here with real problems.
11-24-2019 06:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilentOne's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
TheBadGuy Offline
Sparrow

(11-24-2019 06:35 PM)SilentOne Wrote:  

If height is so important to you, then dump her. Stop crying. There's people out here with real problems.

Come on, No need to get butthurt man. Was just asking a question. I got a lot of helpful responses in the thread. I was just making the point that saying something "isn't important" when all evidence points to the contrary is probably not the best way to approach something. It would be like saying "looks aren't important" or "money is not important" - would be lying. Of course, as I stated above, none of these things are everything. I am agreeing with you on that 100%. I never said it was everything. I was just posing a question though and getting input from other people. Sorry if you are having bigger issues. I hope the forum can also be helpful for you if/when you are.

Also for the record - I am not afraid of his ability to protect himself or anything like that - it is more about his self esteem and social standing.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019 07:18 PM by TheBadGuy.)
11-24-2019 07:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheBadGuy's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
d'Aversa Offline
Robin

(11-24-2019 01:15 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  In this peaceful era we living in right now

Serbians would like a word. And Ukrainians. And Syrians. And South Africans. And Hong Kongers. And Palestinians.

Nothing lasts forever. The fact that there's no conventional global conflict right now and that USA is acting as a "world police" doesn't mean that it's a "peaceful era", and that people around the world are sitting with thumbs up their arses. The fact that the world is globally connected now even ensures that international actors will get involved in any conflict or any movement, either to support it or crack down on it. Stop believing this "end of history" bullshit.
11-25-2019 07:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes d'Aversa's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

(11-25-2019 07:24 AM)dAversa Wrote:  
(11-24-2019 01:15 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  In this peaceful era we living in right now

Serbians would like a word. And Ukrainians. And Syrians. And South Africans. And Hong Kongers. And Palestinians.

Nothing lasts forever. The fact that there's no conventional global conflict right now and that USA is acting as a "world police" doesn't mean that it's a "peaceful era", and that people around the world are sitting with thumbs up their arses. The fact that the world is globally connected now even ensures that international actors will get involved in any conflict or any movement, either to support it or crack down on it. Stop believing this "end of history" bullshit.

How many guys here have to hunt for food every day?
How many people actually store reserves of food?
How many have to stay up on guard during the night?
How many men here actually worry about getting drafted?

I can go on but... yea we've been in a peaceful era for ages.
And third world is third world. I stand by my first comment.
11-25-2019 11:31 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SilentOne's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel
Greyman Offline
Sparrow

I'm with a shorter woman and its crossed my mind...

Albeit it isn't a deal breaker to me. Now, some other things I'm considering at the 6 month mark and we'll see how the holidays and winter goes, but I agree with OP, it tickled my brain alittle. Now that may be because of the job I did. It had on the whole alot of predominantly larger and tougher guys from generally a certain walk of life...

I was in a small idaho town for a friends bday and after two days we'd walk into a bar or burrito shop and the patrons and owners would be like 'oh, theres that group of SEAL guys in town...' (we weren't).

Size does matter in certain instances and we all know that or why oh why do we lift?? I doubt many here actually use it for their job like some of us did....not that health and being resilient is a bad thing and just for fire, police and .mil guys. We all need to be anti-fragile.

We all need to start producing more resilient, thoughtful sons and chaste, steadfast daughters. The upcoming decline is soon if this 200 yr experiment in freedom that's being lost... is to survive. That means bigger and stronger and tougher and smarter and most importantly MORALLY AWARE children.

And yes yes yes, its the size of the fight in the dog, not size of dog in the fight yadayadayada so spare me those platitudes unless you were a Team guy or in the community...lol.

(11-24-2019 07:15 PM)TheBadGuy Wrote:  
(11-24-2019 06:35 PM)SilentOne Wrote:  

Come on, No need to get butthurt man. Was just asking a question. I got a lot of helpful responses in the thread. I was just making the point that saying something "isn't important" when all evidence points to the contrary is probably not the best way to approach something. It would be like saying "looks aren't important" or "money is not important" - would be lying. Of course, as I stated above, none of these things are everything. I am agreeing with you on that 100%. I never said it was everything. I was just posing a question though and getting input from other people. Sorry if you are having bigger issues. I hope the forum can also be helpful for you if/when you are.

Also for the record - I am not afraid of his ability to protect himself or anything like that - it is more about his self esteem and social standing.
11-25-2019 01:43 PM
Lime Offline
Woodpecker

(11-19-2019 12:09 AM)911 Wrote:  Kids have been getting taller than their parents. I wonder if growth hormones in fast food are a factor, I have a close friend who is 5'9"ish, married to a short woman around 5'6", their kid is a freshman who is over 6'2", and big boned. Both parents are workaholics, he grew up eating a lot of fast food (happy meals etc).

You see that also a lot in Asia, Chinese kids who are much bigger than their parents, and who eat out a lot, or at least eat a lot of meat.

This being said, OP that reason is really trivial, if that's your main complaint about her, then she's a keeper.

A 5'6" woman is not short, and as such this is not a good example. How tall are her parents?
11-26-2019 03:56 AM
d'Aversa Offline
Robin

(11-25-2019 11:31 AM)SilentOne Wrote:  How many guys here have to hunt for food every day?
How many people actually store reserves of food?
How many have to stay up on guard during the night?
How many men here actually worry about getting drafted?

I can go on but... yea we've been in a peaceful era for ages.
And third world is third world. I stand by my first comment.

In high medieval ages almost nobody hunted for food - they got it by busting their ass on the fields. Hunting was considered a nobleman's sport. Would we call it a peaceful era just because most conflicts were local (like the scandinavian invasions on the northern coast) with the exception of large wars like Hundred Years War (that still is in no way comparable to WW1 or WW2 given the size of the area it took place on). We can argue that we've always lived in a peaceful era, at least until some conflict started - and it's idiotic to think that our wonderful 21st century indulgence will last forever. The fact that people don't stockpile food and are working as slaves instead of like hunter-gatherer nomads doesn't change anything. Times change, but people are the same.
11-26-2019 07:33 AM
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

So after all that, it sounds like you are admitting that we are in a peaceful era. Nothing you said states otherwise.
11-26-2019 09:34 AM
WombRaider Offline
Woodpecker

I can't offer advice, but the question isn't as "silly" as some may think. In the West and particularly the U.S., the sexual marketplace is brutal. If you have kids with someone who is short and/or who is Asian, and you have girls, then that's great. But if you have boys, there's a good chance your sons will have to work harder than average for decent romantic results. It's something to take seriously.
11-26-2019 10:35 AM
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

@WombRaider

I agree with you to a certain extent. Although, if you want to go this route, you have to add attractiveness, personality, and work ethic (cleaning/cooking/etc.) into the mix when choosing your female partner.

For me personally, height is definitely at the bottom of the list. But to each there own.
11-26-2019 12:35 PM
Glass Walker Offline
Sparrow

I don't post often, but I thought I should weigh in since I've generally chosen short girls for LTRs, and have asked this question of myself as well.

The modern world is increasingly complicated, and the majority of problems one encounters in life cannot be solved with (physical) strength or even attractiveness.

All else being equal it would be great for one's children to be physically stronger and more attractive than less, but all else is never equal. Even then, too much attractiveness could be a bad thing, as unearned attention can (and will) poison the soul (see all Instagram thots, hot girls, etc)

The intelligence and life skills a person gains through a good upbringing, which requires 2 reasonable people, is much more useful - and much more powerful - then personal individual physical strength.

Do you want your kids to grow up to be grunts and expand their bodies with hard physical labor, or would you rather they were strong, healthy, and knew how to create a life for themselves that allowed them to hire grunts at near minimum wage when needed?

If there *is* a war, or the world is otherwise at peace, do you want them to fight in the trenches, or be smart and skilled enough to have some position of leadership and authority? Whether you are 150lbs or 250lbs, it doesn't take too many bullets to bring you down.

It's true that shorter men will have a harder time in the dating market, at least in western countries. But so what? Who do you want them to eventually pick as partners? The most attractive women possible who are usually self-absorbed and terrible as partners? Or a good woman with a good upbringing that knows to pick a mate based on the totality of his characteristics and his ability to build the future?

Now, if you yourself have nothing to offer besides size and physical strength, then sure, go for the tallest, largest, most powerful-looking woman. But take a look at those civilizations where people are the 'hottest'. Somehow they are all in disarray, and people's individual lives are garbage.

In today's world, social skills and power vastly outweigh brute strength. Your sons should be as attractive and strong as possible, yes, but preferring the latter (strength genetics) over the former (upbringing) is foolish and, dare I say, primitive.
11-26-2019 02:00 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glass Walker's post:
redbeard