Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The Anti-Clown World thread
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

The Anti-Clown World thread
I rarely start threads, but I can't stand looking at the stuff that's getting posted in The Honk Pill (Clown World) section. So I wanted to have a counter thread that works as a sort of eye bleach (or brain bleach), where people can post examples of the world we're losing, which is basically our more traditional culture(s).

To kick things off, here is a video by a forgotten British band called Steeleye Span. They're doing a pop-rock version of a 19th century folk ballad called "All Around My Hat." They got this song about faithfulness and devotion into the UK Top 5 in 1975, so there was a mainstream audience for this sort of thing, at least in England.

Note the way lead singer Maddy Pryor is dressed...as well as her mannerisms. This is the way a lot of female pop singers looked and moved back in the day. It's hard to reconcile this with what we have now. Enjoy.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 01:51 AM by Days of Broken Arrows.)
11-26-2019 01:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 26 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Aquarius, king bast, N°6, Leonard D Neubache, RawGod, Spectrumwalker, John Michael Kane, Tex Cruise, Handsome Creepy Eel, CynicalContrarian, Canopus, DamienCasanova, TheBowery, robreke, njimko22, NoMoreTO, gework, Thersites, PapayaTapper, Buck Wild, Dream Medicine, beta_plus, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Harem Scarem, Aquila, sevenster
Aquarius Offline
Woodpecker

RE: The Anti-Clown World Thread: In Praise Of The Disappearing Old World
A film that gives a snapshot of game/falling in love in rural white America of a bygone era. The lyric video to the song itself has about 8.5 million views on YouTube and released earlier this year, which makes it a fairly strong single by a mainstream country artist.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 02:10 AM by Aquarius.)
11-26-2019 01:59 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Aquarius's post:
Spectrumwalker, Handsome Creepy Eel, Monty_Brogan, Days of Broken Arrows, PainPositive, Salinger, bacani
Aquarius Offline
Woodpecker

And to continue on the theme of country music, Luke Combs has effectively turned the clock back 20 years for mainstream pop country, which at one point nearly fell into full-blown Clown World degeneracy.

A song this deep being currently #1 on Billboard Hot Country suggests the cultural tide is starting to turn for the better with traditional white America.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 02:55 AM by Aquarius.)
11-26-2019 02:08 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Aquarius's post:
RawGod, Spectrumwalker, Days of Broken Arrows, DamienCasanova, PainPositive, bacani, scorpion
Spectrumwalker Offline
Kingfisher

Old Breed Americana right here. 63 years old still ridin Broncs and loving life. Tough as nails. I talk a lot of shit on baby boomers, and deservedly so, but this type of breed of man that still roams America...well.. This slice of America, I call them Nike Americans. Men with an attitude of just do it. Which now ain't to commonplace with young men, even in rural America. A lot can be learned from them. They're an absolute wealth of knowledge and true grit growing up during hard times whose parents grew up in even harder times. And when they start riding off into the sunset taking their old school attitudes and ways of doing things...it's always a sad day. But I love things like this. I don't want to let them down.

Reminds me of this song...

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 02:46 AM by Spectrumwalker.)
11-26-2019 02:42 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
Aquarius, Leonard D Neubache, Monty_Brogan, Days of Broken Arrows, bacani
N°6 Offline
Ostrich

Mario Lanza is before even my father’s day but he played his LP at Christmas. Jeff Rense reintroduced Lanza.

Brings a tear to my eye to consider what has been lost.

More low church Don Francisco’s vocals and guitar technique is amazing. Listen to this in the dark, I challenge the listener not to be changed by this.

Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women; they have destroyed kings. (Proverbs 31:3 GNB)
11-26-2019 02:49 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like N°6's post:
John Michael Kane, Days of Broken Arrows
Teedub Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Not as oldy-worldy as some of the other stuff posted, but this is from the good old early 90s and a staple of my childhood. Gladiators!

Yes, in 1993 the two black gladiators were called Shadow and Nightshade. And nobody, including them, cared. 26 years later, just pointing out that some of the England football team aren't actually English would get you socially ostracised and almost certainly fired. 'tis all about those pesky demographic percentages. Sorry to bring black pills to a positive thread.Blush

The things you own end up owning you.
11-26-2019 05:57 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Teedub's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, DamienCasanova, RedKurrant
CynicalContrarian Online
Peacock
Gold Member

(11-26-2019 05:57 AM)Teedub Wrote:  Not as oldy-worldy as some of the other stuff posted, but this is from the good old early 90s and a staple of my childhood. Gladiators!
... Sorry to bring black pills to a positive thread.Blush

Oh Teedub, I can go one step further...
Remember the Schwarzennegger film, 'The Running Man'?

Real life Gladiators was just an early step by 'them' in establishing a 'Running Man' type TV show.
It may have been 'family friendly'.
Yet it was step one of a series of steps.
MMA & the UFC may have been step two.
Yet given the right conditions or the right time-frame. There is no doubt 'they' would like the proles to slaughter each other for entertainment purposes.
Roman gladiator style.

Now back to the threads purpose :

Bach - Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major

11-26-2019 07:52 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
ilostabet, Teedub, Days of Broken Arrows, DamienCasanova, robreke, Barron, Monty_Brogan, 911, RoastBeefCurtains4Me
ilostabet Offline
Kingfisher

For some reason the first thing that came to my mind reading the title of the thread was that I miss going to the beach as I did when I was a teen.

I haven't been to a beach in probably 10 years, with a rare exception if I want to drive two hours to a secluded place, which happened like 3 times in this last decade.

But back in the early 2000s it was still possible to just take the train or the boat and go to a normal beach and have a nice time. By the end of the first decade of this century it began to be a nightmare. Now every beach nearby is infested with ghetto dwellers, loud music either from bars or personal speakers, loud tattooed people and massive advertisement and commercial exploration.

I miss those days when the beach was a quiet place, bar the occasional children, where you could leave your stuff in the sand and come back an hour later and everything would still be there, etc. I remember even being at the beach at the end of the day and helping fishermen pulling their nets, then getting a few fish to grill. Those were the days. And those days are gone now.

We made too many wrong mistakes. Yogi Berra
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 09:21 AM by ilostabet.)
11-26-2019 09:20 AM
[-] The following 11 users Like ilostabet's post:
Teedub, Leonard D Neubache, Horus, Days of Broken Arrows, d'Aversa, Spectrumwalker, Glaucon, Monty_Brogan, Caractacus Potts, robreke, 911
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

(11-26-2019 07:52 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  Bach - Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major

It's like the sound of thinking, pensiveness, reflection.

I like this one too :

I hope God is proud of the beautiful music that some of us have produced even here in the fallen state. Like a flower growing through a crack in the concrete, saying "we can still hear You".

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 04:09 PM by Vladimir Poontang.)
11-26-2019 04:01 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
CynicalContrarian, RoastBeefCurtains4Me
Athanasius Offline
Robin

Here's an example of how the world was 40 years ago in the popular culture. They would play shows like this on network television. (If the start at doesn't work, put it at 42:03 for a sample scene).

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019 11:50 PM by Athanasius.)
11-26-2019 11:48 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Athanasius's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, Renzy
Athanasius Offline
Robin

And then of course this miniseries, which they ran over several nights every Easter for years on NBC. And it was always highly rated. (Short clip from it)

11-27-2019 12:03 AM
NoMoreTO, infowarrior1
Crow
Gold Member

(11-26-2019 11:48 PM)Athanasius Wrote:  Here's an example of how the world was 40 years ago in the popular culture. They would play shows like this on network television. (If the start at doesn't work, put it at 42:03 for a sample scene).

Man, I totally forgot about this. I loved it as a kid. Come to think of it, way back when, regular network TV was filled with children's-oriented Christmas specials like this. There was the original "How The Grinch Stole Christmas," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "The Year Without A Santa Claus," and others. They'd run the same ones each year.

They also produced TV movies written for the holiday. One that they re-ran for about ten years was the somber "The House Without A Christmas Tree." It starred Jason Robards as a widower who would not allow his daughter to put up a tree because the holiday reminded him of his deceased wife. This was heavy dramatic stuff, done without irony. Not sure if it was meant for kids, but I watched it with my grandmother one year.

It can be found on DailyMotion:

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 03:08 AM by Days of Broken Arrows.)
11-27-2019 03:06 AM
Tex Cruise Offline
Kingfisher

(11-26-2019 01:50 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  I rarely start threads,

[Image: 3hp6a0.jpg]

(01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  I stand by my analysis.
11-27-2019 05:34 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like Tex Cruise's post:
roberto, Days of Broken Arrows, N°6, PapayaTapper, Buck Wild, CynicalContrarian, Caractacus Potts, Teedub, beta_plus, Diocletian
Roosh Offline
Eagle

What do you mean by "In Praise Of The Disappearing Old World"? The Old World is usually referred to as one of tradition, monarchy, Christianity, etc.

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
11-27-2019 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roosh's post:
Days of Broken Arrows
Crow
Gold Member

(11-27-2019 11:04 AM)Roosh Wrote:  What do you mean by "In Praise Of The Disappearing Old World"? The Old World is usually referred to as one of tradition, monarchy, Christianity, etc.

I didn't know the phrase "old world" signified something specific. I'm using it colloquially. The phrase "Old Culture" would have been more to the point.

Specifically, I'm mourning the loss of the culture the U.S. had up to about the 2000s, before Clown World gradually started seeping into our institutions. There was no monarchy, but there definitely were traditions and Christianity.

Subconsciously, people absorbed all of that and it created the way we all related to each other as well as the general belief system of most citizens. You didn't have to be Christian to act on the values in that religion. Since most people were Christian and somewhat religious, you were living in their culture and behaved accordingly (for the most part).

In other words "do unto others" and the idea of "sin" were in the collective unconscious. You saw that reflected in business (where corporate raiders were considered immoral), in families (where couples kept it together and made it work), and even in the media and pop music (where they kept their liberalism/perversions in check because they knew they'd alienate their audience if they didn't).

Little by little, the mainstream culture I grew up with has gotten dismantled. It was already falling apart in a lot of ways (like in women's studies departments), but those on the fringes of the culture were considered just that: The fringe.

Somehow these people became the mainstream. When they did things turned upside down. Once upon a time, you could say you voted for Reagan, or you were pro-life, or you were against gay rights without fear. People would disagree, but it would stop there. You wouldn't have your life and career wrecked.

I see us now as living in a totally different culture, where the oddest, freakiest people not only hold sway, but keep the general populace living in fear and paranoia. Hence, Clown World and my nostalgia for what I termed the old world.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 11:54 AM by Days of Broken Arrows.)
11-27-2019 11:42 AM
[-] The following 16 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Syberpunk, Canopus, Thersites, Roosh, Aquarius, Buck Wild, Monty_Brogan, Leonard D Neubache, Caractacus Potts, Teedub, robreke, beta_plus, kruger41, The Black Knight, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Towgunner
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

1975 globohomo-financed Rock-music is not exactly what disappeared - it's the way they disappear the West by breaking the old and letting the boomers hate old society.

This is a vision of the old that is gone.

Or this:

Now it's an African rape-fest and London is terror and knife-crime central where 600.000 Londoners fled to the countryside and the English are minorities.

That is far more endemic of the disappearing West.
11-27-2019 11:59 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, N°6, Monty_Brogan
Crow
Gold Member

(11-27-2019 11:59 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  1975 globohomo-financed Rock-music is not exactly what disappeared - it's the way they disappear the West by breaking the old and letting the boomers hate old society.

This is a vision of the old that is gone.

Or this:

Now it's an African rape-fest and London is terror and knife-crime central where 600.000 Londoners fled to the countryside and the English are minorities.

That is far more endemic of the disappearing West.

Good points, but I need to make a clarification. Pop music was not always a globo-homo corporate monolith. It gradually became that. This is something I've looked into and also ties in with my original post.

Up through the 1980s, a lot of pop hits were from independent labels and reflected all sorts of points of view. As an example I'll cite Gilbert O'Sullivan's #1 U.S. hit "Alone Again, Naturally," which deals with the death of his mother.

What label was this on? If you go to 45Cat (which has info and pictures of old 45 records), you'll find it was on the Mam label (link). Not a major label in the least. Yet they got a UK artist unknown in the US to #1. This wasn't uncommon and a look through old Billboard books will reveal the many small record companies that got hits: Lifesong, De-Lite, Avco Embassy, H&L, Ice Records, etc.

The big change happened when MTV became a player in the early 1980s. Two things occurred: The merger-mania of the '80s meant that small labels got swallowed by big conglomerates and 2). The smaller labels that survived could not afford video budgets for their artists, so they got locked out of MTV, which started to determine hits.

As such, indie labels in the '80s became about punk music, which had little chance of charting: SST Records, Dischord, etc. I don't think it's a coincidence that some groups on these labels adopted a "straight edge" lifestyle, which ran counter to the hedonism on MTV. But I digress.

Back to the topic: Little by little both record companies and radio stations became part of mega-corporations. These days, there are only a few big record companies: Sony, Universal, Warner, Island, and Virgin. Clear Channel owns scads of FM stations. Newspapers and magazine are virtually all owned by companies like Hearst and Tribune.

This is a different entertainment environment than in the pre-1980 days. Granted, we have indie music now, but even that's been co-opted by the major labels (i.e. Billie Eilish) plus it all has to function in the shadow of what they put out.

So the pop charts weren't always filled with globalist propaganda. Here is a link to a Top 50 R&B chart that ran in Billboard magazine in 1968 (the only chart I could find where you could blow it up enough to see record labels). Note all the smaller record companies that placed hits.
11-27-2019 01:58 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
N°6, Canopus, MikeInRealLife, Buck Wild, gework, sevenster
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

< I have found clear indications and you can find even old CIA reports of Rock n'Roll as well as the 1960s Sex and Drugs push to be desired and financed at the top. Even Woodstock and the SanFran drug hippie area was led by a militiry guy with a buzzcut - most of the first meetups found place on his territory. You have the BBC interviews in the 1970s with Bob Dylan being high on drugs and the TV interviewer making jokes of "being so naughty".

Sure - there were independent labels and pop-stars who made it big without much support, but the music industry has been well infiltrated and used for other means than entertainment. In the past music was also meant to be uplifting or uphold old values. The rebel mantra of the 1960s and 70s coming out of music was designed to alienate them from the older generation.

Sorry - music is a massive shitshow and that was before the gangsta rap and the cookie-cutter-pop-stars creations.

The charts were diverse for sure, because the people bought different things than the unified centrified stuff of today. Nowadays they even exclude various music from the charts if they don't fit the "modern" label.
11-27-2019 02:24 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
SilentOne Offline
Woodpecker

A beautiful day.

Greatest hits of the legendary HS football player

11-27-2019 03:11 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like SilentOne's post:
Simeon_Strangelight, questor70, CynicalContrarian, PrimeTime32
PapayaTapper Away
Crow
Gold Member

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
11-27-2019 07:12 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, Spectrumwalker, Monty_Brogan, Simeon_Strangelight, kruger41
Athanasius Offline
Robin

(11-27-2019 03:06 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  Man, I totally forgot about this. I loved it as a kid. Come to think of it, way back when, regular network TV was filled with children's-oriented Christmas specials like this. There was the original "How The Grinch Stole Christmas," "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "The Year Without A Santa Claus," and others. They'd run the same ones each year.

Yes, and even though these shows focused on Santa and elves, they were unironic shows kids could safely watch that would still give some sort of nod to the "true meaning of Christmas." The fact that it remained this way even into an early 70s production like this was probably thanks to Charles Schulz, who despite his own personal failings insisted on (against network opposition) the famous Linus speech in the classic 1965 Peanuts special.

The 2003 movie Elf nods to the old Rankin Bass productions in the North Pole scenes, but adds light sarcasm and completely lacks Christian sentiment. Still, even 15 years ago a G-rated film like Elf seemed out of place.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 08:11 PM by Athanasius.)
11-27-2019 07:18 PM
Days of Broken Arrows, RoastBeefCurtains4Me
Crow
Gold Member

(11-27-2019 07:12 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

"The Ballad Of The Green Berets" was actually a #1 hit in 1966...for FIVE weeks. They leave this stuff out of the musical histories of the 1960s because it doesn't fit their agenda. This song was also completely shut out of oldies radio in the '80s and '90s, even though it came out on RCA.

Speaking of left-field songs that became massive hits, a nun called Sister Janet Mead scored a Top 5 U.S. hit with her version of "The Lord's Prayer" in 1974.

It came out originally on a tiny label called Festival. When it started getting lots of regional airplay, A&M Records (which was smaller major label) stepped in and bought the rights, so it could be distributed nationally.

This is the kind of thing that would never happen nowadays. For one thing, there isn't much local/regional radio. For another, there are no longer companies like A&M who compete to distribute the (non-existent) regional hit.

A&M was started by trumpet player Herb Alpert and had an office in L.A. That's it. Today's record companies have boards of directors based all over the world making decisions. So if you like this, thank Herb Alpert and company for bringing it to the masses (no pun intended):

11-27-2019 09:49 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Monty_Brogan, PapayaTapper, Simeon_Strangelight, kruger41
RoastBeefCurtains4Me Offline
Ostrich

I remember this song being on the radio. I can sing it right now without even playing the video. You're that a lot of radio stations back then would play any song that was doing well on the charts, regardless of genre. Now everything is in narrowly focus grouped niches. There really was a single nation wide popular culture back then.

Edit: I listened to the video, and I didn't remember at all that it had a funky instrumental accompanyment. It sounded similar to Jesus Christ Superstar, or the musical Hair.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 10:26 PM by RoastBeefCurtains4Me.)
11-27-2019 10:21 PM
Caractacus Potts Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

(11-26-2019 11:48 PM)Athanasius Wrote:  Here's an example of how the world was 40 years ago in the popular culture. They would play shows like this on network television. (If the start at doesn't work, put it at 42:03 for a sample scene).

Ha! Burgher-Meister Meister-Burgher was my name on another online forum! lol I also contemplated Heat Miser!
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 11:23 PM by Caractacus Potts.)
11-27-2019 11:21 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caractacus Potts's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
gework Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I was thinking of starting a similar thread, at least from the title.

A big part of the forum is the Clown World thread. I've read a lot and posted a lot in here, but increasingly I find it to be something like masturbatory. There is a sort of perverse glee in it. When you find a new instance of clown world you first though is not, "Oh, no. Not more clown world. Can't it just go away." It is more like, "I'll post this in Clown World for a laugh".

You find a similar phenomena on the left. Whenever there is a mass shooting they are not saying, "Oh no. Not again. I pray no one was killed." It is, "Aaarrghhh. I bet it was another disgusting cisgender, white male! What was his name? The Republicans are going to have to pay for this!" Again, a very obvious glee. They don't want less of it, they have a perverse desire for it. But at least their perverse desire is backed up by using such acts to silence and ban all opposition. But with clown world all you have is the despair.

It's a phenomena I don't really understand, but I think it's something like this. When you dislike yourself you can start doing things to harm yourself. There is an odd therapy in making yourself worse, or wallowing in pity and pain. It's the easy thing to do. It terminates with self-harm, followed by suicide. Extrapolate the same out to a social level, when groups of people don't like their society they may start trying to harm it. Though the metaphysics of this are quite different to self-degradation. By attacking your society, you can at least change it.

And this is what I feel clown world is (at least in part); and the thread about women finding out they will die alone; migrant invasion; the selfie death thread; and probably numerous others.

Though it is tough as you need to understand the mechanics of clown world. It's like going no p*rn, while having to constantly watch it, trying not being affected by it.

There was a similar thread to this a while ago.

------------

On the topic of this thread, I think it goes back a lot further and that a lot of the culture members grew up with was a lesser poison, leading the way for Miley Cyrus, Kesha, Gaga et. al.

It seems it really goes back to the 1910s with things such as the flappers. The flapper culture itself was a popularisation of theater culture, which used to be held in disdain as immoral and many of the actresses were prostitutes. You can trace e-thots back to this in an ideological family tree.

The real damage came in the 1950s with the rise of subcultures like teddy boys and latter mods and rockers. This was the first time something like this had existed as a popular cultural phenomena. Prior to this there was a universal culture everyone had to live in and abide by roughly the same rules.

With the rise of subcultures groups who were disaffected from the mainstream were able to ignore the rules of society by setting themselves up in alternate value structures that they can have more of a steak in.

This has served the same function as multiculturalism. That is, the division of a society into groups that can't really deal with each other and in many cases infringe on each other.

And this is the weakness of white in the demographic sphere - that white cultures have been much more thoroughly balkanised as to not operate as a monolithic block, while others do to greater or lesser extents.

I think we need to go back quite a lot further than the 70s or 80s to find more binding culture.

A while back I became nostalgic for the song "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany.

When you have been so swamped in bobs, vegane, killings and debauchery, it's easy to see this song as innocent. It should be fairly obvious, but I didn't realise it's a 17 year old girl encouraging others young people to have sex.

You can go back to the films of the period to. They also seem innocent if you've been rared into clown world. Films like Uncle Buck and Back to The Future. But these themselves were milestones on the way to clown world.
11-28-2019 04:29 AM
[-] The following 12 users Like gework's post:
ilostabet, Teedub, NoMoreTO, PapayaTapper, Syberpunk, bucky, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, kruger41, Thersites, 911, pitbullowner, Laner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Honk pill (Clown World) CynicalContrarian 2,251 324,217 Today 10:22 PM
Last Post: CynicalContrarian
  Justin Trudeau is a cuck clown 72 and sunny 833 326,865 11-11-2019 11:32 AM
Last Post: Cr33pin
  Clown Mask Donning Sudanese Shoots 1 And Injures 7 In Tennessee Church redpillage 17 8,151 07-08-2019 07:32 PM
Last Post: CynicalContrarian