Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Happy Memories With Your Parents
Geomann180 Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Happy Memories With Your Parents
A slightly spin on the positivity thread, but this time focusing on parents.

What are some really nice memories you have of them or heard them say? Grandparents also count for this.

Mine - I went to church a while back:

(10-13-2019 07:52 PM)Geomann180 Wrote:  Last Thursday, I went to confession for the first time in 15 years.

G

I told my Mom this shortly after I finished and she told me that she went to that same church and prayed she'd find someone. The next day, a Christmas party in 1982, she met my Father. They've been together for 37 years now. Later that night, at a family dinner with my parents, my brother and his family, I told my Dad I'd gone to church. He told me that he goes to that same church every Saturday for mass at 0900. When I asked him why, he told me that he had made a silent prayer in England, on the daily drive back from the hospital, that if my Mom would survive the significant stroke she had, he'd go to mass every week.

G
11-28-2019 03:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 10 users Like Geomann180's post:
renotime, gework, Tactician, d'Aversa, amity, robreke, Handsome Creepy Eel, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Dream Medicine, 911
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

RE: Happy Memories With Your Parents
Family hiking and mushrooming - lots of good memories:

[Image: Blog-active-family-hiking_vacation-in-po...ges_gs2id7]

My parents were never a good fit, so they were not overly happy but they still stayed together until my late teens for the kids which is fine in my book. It fits the old model of marriage much better.

Christmas was also a good time with the Christmas tree, lights etc..

[Image: family-christmas-presents.jpg?imwidth=450]

I doubt that you have the same experience with a bunch of single moms or Christmas at your 2 remarried parents homes.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 07:52 AM by Simeon_Strangelight.)
11-28-2019 07:50 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
amity, Handsome Creepy Eel, Tactician
ilostabet Offline
Kingfisher

My parents split when I was 8, and for a few years after my father was mostly absent. One of the last memories I have of the family together was my father (who is a painter) and I making a painting together for my mother's birthday. It was a secret, and so we would work on it only when she would go out shopping or stuff like that. Those were happy moments.

We made too many wrong mistakes. Yogi Berra
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 08:54 AM by ilostabet.)
11-28-2019 08:54 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like ilostabet's post:
amity, Handsome Creepy Eel, Tactician
eradicator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

My parents are really good with my sisters kids. I’m with them all now, it’s great to see

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
11-28-2019 10:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes eradicator's post:
amity
TigOlBitties Offline
Kingfisher

I have really good memories with my paternal grandparents. They were the type of people that we all wish to end up like. Very lucky to have had them.

I have good memories of my dad taking my brother and me on pretty amazing trips. We were lucky to experience that. Taking us to hockey practice/games, NHL games and the golf course was really cool too.

Unfortunately both my parents remarried idiots, but at least there were better times.
11-28-2019 12:42 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigOlBitties's post:
Tactician

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Veterans Day Kona 50 11,805 11-14-2019 05:35 PM
Last Post: rockoman
  Young (American) adults more likely to live with parents than spouses BlueMark 23 2,704 10-09-2019 07:37 PM
Last Post: bgbusiness
  Public school allows drag queen to speak on "career day" without notifying parents Roosh 29 6,658 08-06-2019 06:59 PM
Last Post: Lazuli Waves