Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Honest no-hype discussions about Brazil
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

Honest no-hype discussions about Brazil
Since my mother moved from Germany to South America about 40 years ago, I had been living in Rio as a child for a couple of years, returning again in the late 90's and very early 2000's.

Well, I arrived this week again; Expecting things...How wrong was I? The sheer overwhelming number of ugly girls is mind-blowing. I turn around for 1 in 40 girls I see and even then, it's not the 90's no more, what happened to the beauty-level? It is way way down, in fact not even worth talking to them.

I use dating site not to actually write girls but to sample the offerings. Not one city in Brazil overs anything meaningful if you compare it to Colombia, Venezuela etc.

I am for a month in Rio, staying in a great apartment in Tijuca near the metro, having top fitness smartfit.com.br right around the corner.

Tijuca is an ordinary neighborhood, not to mistaken it with Barra de Tijuca, that is an entirely different neighborhood. This is a worker-class area stretching to the north and west from Centro. Lots of people in the streets, the shopping mall Tijuca is jam-packed with girls, many schools and universities here, all-in-all I can certainly say that I got a true sampling for what's on offer. Nothing, none, nada is eye-popping, not even an eye-candy is thrown to me.

I am very street smart, travelling to over 80 countries and not always the safest places.

It's not even worth making a data sheet for. I could make datasheets about Cuba, Madagascar, Colombia, and Venezuela

In fact I might fly to Boa Vista in the northern amazon and go over into Venezuela. Girls are stunning there.

I hope that I started a discussion that is on people's mind. It would be nice to hear some honest no-hype experiences about other cities in Brazil
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 10:24 AM by timalemanha.)
11-28-2019 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like timalemanha's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, antman333, Thriller
ohionukes Offline
Robin
Gold Member

RE: Honest no-hype discussions about Brazil
Absolutely agree. I typically date 8-9 in the USA due to my high income, and have travelled all over the world. There are pretty girls in every country. But the average girl? (50th percentile) - the average girl in Brazil is butt ugly. 8+ in Brazil is less than 1% of the population. Which was quite different than Ukraine 10 years ago when there would be a 8+ serving you a hamburger at McDonalds
11-28-2019 12:10 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like ohionukes's post:
bucky, Simeon_Strangelight, Handsome Creepy Eel
Mister Happy Offline
Pigeon

Perhaps the many posts about Brazil in the Archives relate to young women, mostly single moms, in search of "taxi fare" and other incentives for their companionship in order to buy pampers for their fatherless child, although the posters may have been unaware or glossed over the economic realities of their encounters. In real life, I think traditional young pretty women who would make ideal wives are dating young men their own age, who they marry, and the ones who are interested in foreign tourists are going to be the single moms or divorces, who of course will have baby damage and other wear and tear. I have been to Brazil (Rio) myself and it was ok but I think other places are better.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 01:09 PM by Mister Happy.)
11-28-2019 01:08 PM
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

Nice to see that the discussion is warming up.

I must disagree with the fact that these are all "Single moms looking for the taxi fare". I have been meeting endless beautiful college girls in almost every country I have traveled to.

I could post endless amounts of pictures of girls with me together but then again this is not the place where you would post pictures.

In Brazil I have got none so far that I am interested in. The attitude of the 1 or 2% of beautiful girls you see are really bad. If you ask me I would consider Brazil completely useless. It's for a fact that the place is very expensive if not the most expensive place in all of Latin America.

I will probably be heading up to Venezuela next month
11-28-2019 01:37 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes timalemanha's post:
Thriller
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

And yes, I believe most people who post here about Brazil haven't got a clue about what's really going on and probably dating a semi prostitute
11-28-2019 01:39 PM
Kid Twist Offline
Hummingbird

(11-28-2019 12:10 PM)ohionukes Wrote:  Absolutely agree. I typically date 8-9 in the USA due to my high income, and have travelled all over the world. There are pretty girls in every country. But the average girl? (50th percentile) - the average girl in Brazil is butt ugly. 8+ in Brazil is less than 1% of the population. Which was quite different than Ukraine 10 years ago when there would be a 8+ serving you a hamburger at McDonalds

What's your favorite place or top ratings, even for 7+, or are they rapidly diminishing? It seems Ukraine is still mentioned as tops

Get your passport ready!
11-30-2019 10:09 AM
Hypno Offline
Hummingbird

(11-28-2019 01:39 PM)timalemanha Wrote:  And yes, I believe most people who post here about Brazil haven't got a clue about what's really going on and probably dating a semi prostitute

How is that different from the U.S.? Seriously.
11-30-2019 10:43 AM
danilabagrov Offline
Pigeon

Belo Horizonte/Florianopolis is where brazil's finest woman are.
12-01-2019 12:10 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes danilabagrov's post:
vuko225
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

(12-01-2019 12:10 AM)danilabagrov Wrote:  Belo Horizonte/Florianopolis is where brazil's finest woman are.

Such a general post deserves pictures...There truly are no more beautiful girls in Brazil, it is rapidly disappearing and if compared to latin american places like Colombia, Venezuela and Cuba, it is not even worth going any more. Have you been there yet or is it just information you picked up from someone else?
12-01-2019 03:32 PM
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

Many of you guys don't believe it or simply listen to outdated knowledge from people who been here 10 years ago. Yes, my last visit to Rio was in 2001 and before that. I picked up absolute beauties at that time right on my very first day. Beauty does not exist no more here.

Let me tell you, simply go to your favorite dating site and search Brazil, when I say search I mean search extensively and compare the visual results immediately to a Latin American country? It is not worth wasting your time no more on Brazil.

Yesterday, a popular day in Tijuca Shopping Mall, jam-packed with people, really packed, you almost could not move. I would say I passed in total about a 1000 people, yes, I turned my head over to a single one and she had her nose so high up in the air, she didn't even smelled my approach.

Another thing, Brazilians in general become very hostile towards white foreigners. I can experience it even in the fitness club I am heading too everyday. I mean girls-wise it doesn't really matter, they are generally so ugly I don't want to talk to them anyway but even guys have generally no interest in befriending you at all.

Hard to believe but I cut my Brazil trip very short and won't make it back here, Brazil is done. There are too many other places with beautiful girls and equally friendly.

A girl who lives in my shared apartment asked me yesterday why I don't like to go to Ipanema no more. I told her straight up that I am quite fed up with the hostility of Brazilians towards foreigners and it is outright boring to sit there by yourself on the beach. She wasn't surprised at all hearing that and in fact confirmed my observation. Take it the way you like.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019 03:48 PM by timalemanha.)
12-01-2019 03:46 PM
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

Is all of Brazil like that? Are there no friendly parts?

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
12-01-2019 04:11 PM
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

Of course, if you only look for friendly parts, certainly there are enough places where the people are very friendly don't worry about that... beautiful parts in terms of the girls I am not sure no more I have been extensively looking around
12-01-2019 04:24 PM
Thriller Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

Obesity epidemic + Femmunism = Destruction of another RVF paradise.
12-02-2019 10:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thriller's post:
Dr. Howard
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

(12-01-2019 03:46 PM)timalemanha Wrote:  Many of you guys don't believe it or simply listen to outdated knowledge from people who been here 10 years ago. Yes, my last visit to Rio was in 2001 and before that. I picked up absolute beauties at that time right on my very first day. Beauty does not exist no more here.

Let me tell you, simply go to your favorite dating site and search Brazil, when I say search I mean search extensively and compare the visual results immediately to a Latin American country? It is not worth wasting your time no more on Brazil.

Yesterday, a popular day in Tijuca Shopping Mall, jam-packed with people, really packed, you almost could not move. I would say I passed in total about a 1000 people, yes, I turned my head over to a single one and she had her nose so high up in the air, she didn't even smelled my approach.

Another thing, Brazilians in general become very hostile towards white foreigners. I can experience it even in the fitness club I am heading too everyday. I mean girls-wise it doesn't really matter, they are generally so ugly I don't want to talk to them anyway but even guys have generally no interest in befriending you at all.

Hard to believe but I cut my Brazil trip very short and won't make it back here, Brazil is done. There are too many other places with beautiful girls and equally friendly.

A girl who lives in my shared apartment asked me yesterday why I don't like to go to Ipanema no more. I told her straight up that I am quite fed up with the hostility of Brazilians towards foreigners and it is outright boring to sit there by yourself on the beach. She wasn't surprised at all hearing that and in fact confirmed my observation. Take it the way you like.

Brazil has had a serious dose of cultural marxism - the famous Twitter user came from Brazil compiling the examples of indoctrination:

[Image: cultural-marxism-before-and-after-social...304523.png]

And there is something else going on - the cultural marxism became quite hostile towards White Westerners. That this would impact the general population is not surprising.
12-03-2019 03:38 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Augustus_Principe
SomeOneSomeWhere Offline
Robin

Violent dark skinned impoverished favela dwellers not welcoming towards white tourists? You don't say... tard

Even for westerners Rio is crazy expensive and globalists and rich light skinned locals run the show.

Being a non rich light skinned guy near diversity is a recipe for disaster, especially if you aren't "street smart" (aka used to live in low trust areas among predatory psychopathic bottom feeders).
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 04:31 AM by SomeOneSomeWhere.)
12-03-2019 04:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SomeOneSomeWhere's post:
Simeon_Strangelight
whitewashedblackguy Offline
Woodpecker

Quote:Brazil has had a serious dose of cultural marxism - the famous Twitter user came from Brazil compiling the examples of indoctrination:

This is part of the reason why I want to get out of western culture in general: It seems that everyone with an alphabet is having the same issues.

After talking to a young lady for a while, she told me “Even though your skin is black, I can tell your heart is white.”
12-03-2019 08:08 PM
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

(12-03-2019 04:24 AM)SomeOneSomeWhere Wrote:  Violent dark skinned impoverished favela dwellers not welcoming towards white tourists? You don't say... tard

Even for westerners Rio is crazy expensive and globalists and rich light skinned locals run the show.

Being a non rich light skinned guy near diversity is a recipe for disaster, especially if you aren't "street smart" (aka used to live in low trust areas among predatory psychopathic bottom feeders).

Well, the crime in Brazil is as always exaggerated, it simply isn't happening on a daily basis as the news make you believe. I am running through Centro of Rio on a daily basis, I live north of centro. If you listen to the news, these are absolute no-go areas...haha...what a joke, yes, Rua Bonfim runs straight through two very dangerous favelas and I can show you videos of police being stationed heavily armed and ready-to-shoot on the bottom of every side street entrance. I see it everyday, passing them by. Hmmh, not a nice view for sure. It could be potentially dangerous and as I hear last year it was but right now, everyday, everybody is walking by, the streets a full of people going after their business, the shopping mall is jam-packed. Beautiful girls...none in sight. They way the scene is presented, it could certainly turn sour any moment and become dangerous, that combined with seeing only ugly girls all day long is tiring and after two weeks being here, I really want to leave this beautiful "shithole" behind.

In two weeks I am going on to Buenos Aires and the rest of northern Argentina. Very cheap, great food & wine, lots of beautiful girls and from my experience in 2013 extremely friendly. Great combination.
12-04-2019 08:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes timalemanha's post:
Simeon_Strangelight
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

(12-03-2019 03:38 AM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 03:46 PM)timalemanha Wrote:  Many of you guys don't believe it or simply listen to outdated knowledge from people who been here 10 years ago. Yes, my last visit to Rio was in 2001 and before that. I picked up absolute beauties at that time right on my very first day. Beauty does not exist no more here.

Brazil has had a serious dose of cultural marxism - the famous Twitter user came from Brazil compiling the examples of indoctrination:

[Image: cultural-marxism-before-and-after-social...304523.png]

And there is something else going on - the cultural marxism became quite hostile towards White Westerners. That this would impact the general population is not surprising.

Interesting observation and I can relate to the daily dose of hostility personally, really true
12-04-2019 08:23 PM
Musashi_AK Offline
Pigeon

I'm totally agree!

Edit: My post was a reply over the post about women from Belo Horizonte and Florianópolis.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 08:52 PM by Musashi_AK.)
12-04-2019 08:49 PM
Obermarschall Offline
Robin

I'd be very careful when posting things like that. Many Brazilians moved out, even to places like Poland (met a woman in there when daygaming a bit, she looked like an 8 in my book). The problem is, once we internalise phrases like 'there are no pretty women in Brazil anymore' (or Poland or Ukraine or Thailand or UK or XYZ) we create scarcity or at least something that resembles to scarcity. THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL! Perhaps it is time for everyone who thinks like that to ask himself, 'Which type of women do I like?'. If you are someone who loves blondes, Brazil is not the best bet. Just be honest with yourself and never try to fall too much into this way of thinking. Ultimately it is a vicious circle!
Yesterday 06:11 AM
julio.alemao Offline
Pigeon

Well, what can I say. It's impossible to put all Brazilian girls in one bowl. The variety is so big. Remember, the population is around 200 million. Saying that there are only ugly or unneeded girls, it's just not true. I think you should travel to different places in Brazil to enlarge your mind. I'm Brazilian by myself and generally I would say it is reasonable to have this feelings in big cities like Rio and Sao Paulo. I agree that the quality has decreased in the last years. But that's not all Brazil.
If you go to smaller cities, it doesn't matter if in the north or south, you will get a totally other impression. Problem is that usually foreigners don't get to these places.
Yesterday 06:48 AM
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

(Yesterday 06:48 AM)julio.alemao Wrote:  Well, what can I say. It's impossible to put all Brazilian girls in one bowl. The variety is so big. Remember, the population is around 200 million. Saying that there are only ugly or unneeded girls, it's just not true. I think you should travel to different places in Brazil to enlarge your mind. I'm Brazilian by myself and generally I would say it is reasonable to have this feelings in big cities like Rio and Sao Paulo. I agree that the quality has decreased in the last years. But that's not all Brazil.
If you go to smaller cities, it doesn't matter if in the north or south, you will get a totally other impression. Problem is that usually foreigners don't get to these places.

Yes, generally I understand the melting pot of very different ethnics. Do you have a specific place in mind? Wait...Recife...check, Natal...Check, Manaus...check, Belem...check, Belo Horizonte...Check, Porto Alegre...check. The "check" places I have done, there comes a time in a man's mind where he got better things to do than desperately trying to hunt down a beauty that simply isn't there, and when I say not there I am not referring to the 1 beauty in 70 girls you may come across. There are so many better places in the world to find it in larger number and to be quite frank, without the hostility as well.
Yesterday 10:19 AM
timalemanha Offline
Pigeon

(Yesterday 06:11 AM)Obermarschall Wrote:  I'd be very careful when posting things like that. Many Brazilians moved out, even to places like Poland (met a woman in there when daygaming a bit, she looked like an 8 in my book). The problem is, once we internalise phrases like 'there are no pretty women in Brazil anymore' (or Poland or Ukraine or Thailand or UK or XYZ) we create scarcity or at least something that resembles to scarcity. THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL! Perhaps it is time for everyone who thinks like that to ask himself, 'Which type of women do I like?'. If you are someone who loves blondes, Brazil is not the best bet. Just be honest with yourself and never try to fall too much into this way of thinking. Ultimately it is a vicious circle!

Yes, sir...Obermarshall! Well, ethnics don't determine my liking or disliking of a girl. I have been to 80+ (82 countries in fact), black, white, yellow, red, you name it. The one thing I can't stand, being around ugly girls for too damn long.

The main point here is, Brazil gets so over-hyped but absolutely does not deserve it...anymore. I mentioned in my first post my many visits to Brazil and it wasn't all bad...before.
Yesterday 10:58 AM
vuko225 Offline
Pigeon

(11-28-2019 01:37 PM)timalemanha Wrote:  Nice to see that the discussion is warming up.

I must disagree with the fact that these are all "Single moms looking for the taxi fare". I have been meeting endless beautiful college girls in almost every country I have traveled to.

I could post endless amounts of pictures of girls with me together but then again this is not the place where you would post pictures.

In Brazil I have got none so far that I am interested in. The attitude of the 1 or 2% of beautiful girls you see are really bad. If you ask me I would consider Brazil completely useless. It's for a fact that the place is very expensive if not the most expensive place in all of Latin America.

I will probably be heading up to Venezuela next month

Interesting observations as I'm just working on my first trip to Latin Am next year. I am surprised to hear how bad Rio has gotten even though I did know/hear that it has went downhill.

Is Brazil still as expensive as it used to be? The currency got hit hart over the last year or two against western currencies.

Also, How is Florianapolis ( Floripa) - I hear decent things compared to Rio and much of rest of Brazil.

Regading Venezuela, no doubt about the quality of the girls there but is it a fun place to visit now?. It's a lunatic government with lots of financial chaos and Caracas has insane crime rates. I'm asking because I'd eventually love to visit but was waiting for things to normalize. What am I missing?
Today 03:18 AM
vuko225 Offline
Pigeon

(11-30-2019 10:09 AM)Kid Twist Wrote:  
(11-28-2019 12:10 PM)ohionukes Wrote:  Absolutely agree. I typically date 8-9 in the USA due to my high income, and have travelled all over the world. There are pretty girls in every country. But the average girl? (50th percentile) - the average girl in Brazil is butt ugly. 8+ in Brazil is less than 1% of the population. Which was quite different than Ukraine 10 years ago when there would be a 8+ serving you a hamburger at McDonalds

What's your favorite place or top ratings, even for 7+, or are they rapidly diminishing? It seems Ukraine is still mentioned as tops

Ukraine is by far the best place overall still ( I haven't been to Colombia yet but love Colombian women) but I assume in terms of culture and ease of settling in , UA is better but let me follow up with that as I do visit Colombia next year. UA is NOT as great as it used to be but if one is prepared, speaks SOME Russian/UKR and/or has good frame and some money to spend( not mistaken with " buying " goldiggers) then Ukraine is still a very good place compared to vast majority of other options.

Belarus is becoming the Ukraine of late 90s/early 2000s but it is a much smaller and boring country. More genuine women though - on average.

As good as those two are when it comes to looks and accessability of top scale women - Chisinau, Moldova ( only nightlife) has the best looking talent i've ever seen and this is in comparison even with Kiev, Odessa, Minsk etc.

For a chance of a quality relationship, avoid Kiev and Odessa. Anywhere else, you are much more likely to find a quality girl and cities are much cheaper. Not to say you cant do well in those two but just to boost your chances.

Sorry to have faded away from talking about Brazil in this thread but indirectly as some guys might consider other options I thought I may chip in ( lived on and off in EE since 2013 and fluent in the languages).
Today 03:24 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes vuko225's post:
Enigma

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An honest discussion about China theoneandonly 54 27,870 12-01-2019 06:07 AM
Last Post: virtuesignal
  Honest thoughts on Pruvit's Keto/os dima514 1 3,093 06-15-2017 04:12 AM
Last Post: J_Sway
  [Making Money]  Has anyone here made bets on political sites? Which ones are honest and pay promptly? VolandoVengoVolandoVoy 16 8,688 03-20-2016 02:46 AM
Last Post: Aristotle