Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Age Gap Dating: Rich older man marrying a young wife
jcrew247 Offline
Kingfisher

Age Gap Dating: Rich older man marrying a young wife
Do you think there are any dangers when a rich older man marries a younger wife? I've seen studies that say the ideal age gap is only 5 years difference. So it seems anything more than 10-15 years age difference has a greater potential for divorce? I've seen other guys mention the preference for finding an 18 year old virgin bride. But that makes me think she will eventually resent getting married so young and will get bored after 5 years to cheat and sow her wild oats like a college student. Especially if she is with an older guy over 35-40 yr old husband, she may want a guy who is more physically fit and able to party and stay out late, etc. What are you experiences with age gap dating or will she see her rich older husband as a sugar daddy who she is with for financial security?
11-28-2019 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Batman_ Offline
Woodpecker

RE: Age Gap Dating: Rich older man marrying a young wife
(11-28-2019 12:00 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  I've seen studies that say the ideal age gap is only 5 years difference.

I highly doubt the studies have any credibility, social science is a joke. Sounds to me like a social convention to prevent older, post-wall women from having to compete with women under 30 for an older man's attention.

This is a fairly recent phenomenon in the past couple of decades. Before say, the early 90s or so, I don't think people had a very strong opinion on the idea of a 45 year old man with a 20 year old girlfriend/wife. Nowadays it's becoming increasingly common to label it as "creepy" or "immature" and even men are falling under this illusion.

Marrying is one thing, I guess. The expectations of men to marry an 18 year old virgin are completely absurd. Even the hope of marrying a 25 year old "good girl" who's only had a few partners is probably very unlikely, at least in the western world.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to start dating early to mid 20 year old women in your 40s and marry down the road. That's probably your best bet if marriage is your end goal.

For me, ideally, when I'm 40+ my plan is to have numerous LTRs with mid 20s women until one of them sticks. May consider marriage when I'm in my 50s or 60s.

"I drink only the finest breast milks."
"That's 100% Cambodian."
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 01:46 PM by Batman_.)
11-28-2019 01:37 PM
[-] The following 12 users Like Batman_'s post:
d'Aversa, Brazilianguy, bucky, Simeon_Strangelight, PapayaTapper, Deepdiver, Benoit, Porompompero, DJ-Matt, SlickyBoy, eradicator, Augustus_Principe
John Michael Kane Online
Crow

https://maydecembersociety.com/ is a site dedicated to age gap relationships. They also have a Facebook group if you wish to join it. My dad is over a decade older than my mom, and they've had a happy marriage for over 40 years. My father was not rich when my mom married him. They were both religious and shared the same values, so the age difference really wasn't a factor IMHO.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
11-28-2019 01:41 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like John Michael Kane's post:
d'Aversa, bucky, Handsome Creepy Eel, gework, DJ-Matt, Going strong, Augustus_Principe
lunchmoney Offline
Woodpecker

7-10 yrs makes sense to me
11-28-2019 06:15 PM
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

(11-28-2019 01:41 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  https://maydecembersociety.com/ is a site dedicated to age gap relationships. They also have a Facebook group if you wish to join it.

They also have a youtube channel.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
11-29-2019 05:16 AM
SomeOneSomeWhere Offline
Robin

It all depends on your status, frame and how adept you are at disarming haters / keeping them at bay.

The more open hostility you draw to yourself, the more uncomfortable the girl will be and she will most likely abandon you because of this.

The only outcasts women will stick to are the dangerous and aggressive types and not mild mannered well off older guys that can't hold frame and keep haters at bay.
11-29-2019 05:31 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SomeOneSomeWhere's post:
gework
hkhathaj Offline
Pigeon

(11-28-2019 12:00 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  she may want a guy who is more physically fit and able to party and stay out late, etc.

YMMV but most women sleep more than men. It is not hard to be able to stay as late as it is comfortable for her.

Women do not really like partying and that is pointless. The reasons they go out:

* Attention whoring - attention of high value (percieved) man is the best for them
* Dopamine of a hook up with high (percieved) SMV man. But in case it does not evolve into a relationship then the net value of a hookup is negative for the woman even if the SMV of the man was high! In case the hook up remains casual then the woman will fill to be a looser at the end because the man "used" her.

These activities are only interesting for women who lack fulfillment. Psychologically it is a similar habit as masturbation for men. They don't really want that if they get the real thing: a real man that they can look up onto and follow.

(11-28-2019 12:00 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  What are you experiences with age gap dating or will she see her rich older husband as a sugar daddy who she is with for financial security?

I am totally for a man to provide financially for his family on a level that the woman does not need to work for money. Financing a women is only unhealthy in case that is not for the purpose of a healthy family but for the purpose of the lust of the woman. So as long as you do not spend on unnecessary luxury stuff it is not a problem and I do not consider that being a "sugar daddy".

It is just the "beta provider" side of the relationship which is a good thing to be. The problem is not that if a man is a "beta provider". The problem is that if he totally lacks the alpha traits and if he is only a provider without authority and used as a tool for unnecessary luxury and replaced when not convenient any longer.
11-29-2019 05:43 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like hkhathaj's post:
SlickyBoy, Augustus_Principe
gework Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I think it depends on the society and your social circle.

If you have a 20 year age gap and all your friends are about the same age as their partners I think you would find the chances of breakdown are higher. If your friends are all about 40 and the wives are all about 25, then they're not going to have issues with womens' gripes and will have that in common.

I don't think 10 years is generally an issue, even in The West. I have no problem being with girls -10 and their female friends. It's their male friends that I want to stay away from. But I think if I left it longer and was able to marry a 18 year old when I was 40 I think it would be too much of a stretch socially. Just imagine, for example being 40, marrying an 18 year old Filipina and hanging round with her friends. Again, if you're in a circle when that was normal it would be different, but when it's abnormal you have multiple issues. This means you'd be best off in LatAm, where 20-30 gaps are quite common.

I also think that really huge gaps are creepy, like this above slightly soy grey-haired guy who seems about 60 and the girl seems about 25. It's hard to see what social group they'd fit into.
11-29-2019 06:22 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like gework's post:
Kid Twist, Augustus_Principe
Batman_ Offline
Woodpecker

(11-29-2019 06:22 AM)gework Wrote:  I also think that really huge gaps are creepy, like this above slightly soy grey-haired guy who seems about 60 and the girl seems about 25. It's hard to see what social group they'd fit into.

How is that creepy?

"I drink only the finest breast milks."
"That's 100% Cambodian."
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019 09:02 AM by Batman_.)
11-29-2019 09:02 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Batman_'s post:
d'Aversa, Windom Earl
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

20 years is nothing if the guy is in shape and offers enough attraction for the woman.

I am not even blinking at a 20 year age difference.

When I see a 30 year age difference then I take a look how the guy does it, but even then those relationships can be stable enough - usually it's a well-off man who is also attractive enough.

Creepy is the feminist female-centric crap they came up with to shame men. And the irony is that the same 24yo feminists were dating a hot 44 year old guy when they were younger, but now at age 37 call this creepy.
11-29-2019 10:58 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
PapayaTapper, Windom Earl, Australia Sucks, SlickyBoy, eradicator, Going strong, Augustus_Principe
Ostrich

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
11-29-2019 11:04 AM
Ostrich

It's best to not care what anyone thinks. If you look young for your age, dress and act youthfully (i.e. non-crusty, but also non-hello-fellow-kids), and have enough in terms of resources, plus all the characteristics of a good but alpha enough guy, and she's got her priorities in order, there shouldn't be any problem. People will get used to it.

By the way the videos that I embedded above, I've watched some other videos of theirs and on more than one occasion she jokes about him not wanting kids and you can tell she wants them but he doesn't seem to want to talk about it, at least on camera.

11-29-2019 11:22 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
Going strong, Augustus_Principe
Snag87 Offline
Sparrow

IME the majority of people who shame age gap dating fall into 2 categories:

1: Older women

2: Younger men

These two demographics have an obvious vested interest in discouraging significant age gaps. I wouldn't read too heavily into it.

I'm 32 myself and admittedly I'd have some trepidation towards dating an 18 or 19 year old. My primary concern would be whether the individual in question has the maturity and experience to maintain a long-term relationship.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019 02:06 PM by Snag87.)
11-29-2019 01:18 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Snag87's post:
questor70, Kid Twist, Augustus_Principe
DarkTriad Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(11-29-2019 09:02 AM)Batman_ Wrote:  
(11-29-2019 06:22 AM)gework Wrote:  I also think that really huge gaps are creepy, like this above slightly soy grey-haired guy who seems about 60 and the girl seems about 25. It's hard to see what social group they'd fit into.

The "social group" they'd fit into would be a simple nuclear family. Patriarch, mother, children. Once you're raising a family, other groups tend to seem very ephemeral. And as a practical matter, a 60 year old guy that pulls this off in modern society is often going have the social grouping of "CEO" "celebrity" or "Rock Star" or something else going on to make this happen in the first place, and others are going to be worried about how to fit in with you, not the other way around.
11-29-2019 01:31 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like DarkTriad's post:
PapayaTapper, Deepdiver, eradicator, SlickyBoy, Going strong, Augustus_Principe
PapayaTapper Away
Crow
Gold Member

(11-29-2019 01:18 PM)Snag87 Wrote:  IME the majority of people who shame age gap dating fall into 2 categories:

1: Older women

2: Younger men

These two demographics have an obvious vested interest in discouraging significant age gaps. I wouldn't read to heavily into it.

I'm 32 myself and admittedly I'd have some trepidation towards dating an 18 or 19 year old. My primary concern would be the individual in question would lack the maturity and experience to maintain a long-term relationship.

The idea is that the relationship relies on your maturity and experience to lead it

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
11-29-2019 01:46 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
John Michael Kane, Windom Earl, eradicator
Deepdiver Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

I find as I gain more gray hair that I am focused like a laser on wealth accumulation and that I would only consider a woman whose frontal cortex is fully developed (Age 25 Plus still with high Female SMV fertility) and has a strong desire to have kids as I have avoided the divorce rape drama via my simple Warrior Builder's 5 rules that are building blocks built upon each lower block as posted previously:

A prospective marriage partner ever violates any of the key 5 building blocks and you must eliminate her from your life and any further consideration as a marriage partner, wife and mother. Proactively and quietly test her as follows...

Fidelity ... Goes without saying if you are out earning a living do you have to worry if she is bedding strange D - or - does she behave like she has an aspirin between her knees till you get home - keeping her pregnant and raising kids under YOUR house rules (No bitchy Wine-Clotch women coming over to drink and talk about their fave divorce lawyers ever allowed in your house!). Allow her NO divorced or Single Mother friends period.

Loyalty ... Is she loyal to you and your goals for income and family? If she is ever the Devil's Advocate - a major red flag - or disloyal in any way - goes off with a wild girlfriend on a phockfest weekend or vacation without you to get strange D, etc... No to mention Facebook or Instagram etc., attention whoring. I have always dumped them without a second thought...

Respect ... Does she respect you and your decisions as the family Patriarch?

Honor ... Does she honor and submit to your goals and desires?

Love ... Does she love you and desire you?

Ancient Wisdom states: The woman is the foundation upon which you build your "House" and family, the man is the Builder and Architect... both must be solid, dedicated to shared goals & beliefs and SANE in order to build a strong lasting family.

Also - I have dumped 3 women who I discovered had homosexual brothers or GBFs - Gay Best Friends - why pass that degeneracy on to your sons and daughters?

Go through her meds cabinet/purse and exit immediately if you find any Psychotropic meds of any kind.

###

Deepdiver - Nuke Boats Forever!
"You do not have to be a perfect person to be a perfect PATRIOT!"

Official Whitehouse.gov President Trump's achievements: https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adminis...lishments/

Communist Freaking Red China's Plan to Undermine the USA and the West:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/up...18-PDF.pdf

The Naked Communists 45 Goals for the USA:
https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/wat...-1963.html
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2019 07:18 PM by Deepdiver.)
11-29-2019 06:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deepdiver's post:
John Michael Kane
notova Offline
Pigeon

I know the feeling, I want to but I get so self conscious, sure I can power through the judgment weeks at a time but I know there will be somedays where it will really get to me.
12-01-2019 04:06 PM
SlickyBoy Offline
Ostrich

Assuming you find a younger woman who's into you as an older guy, most of the danger will come from other women putting ideas into her head about how she can do better and she should leave you and live it up, get alimony, and various other doubt seeding techniques. This is especially true when older guys try to bring one back from overseas. The bitter single moms and divorced women provide a lot of social proof that can ruin a newcomer in just a few short months. Most of the time the guy would have been better off living where they found their girl since their value was probably higher in that market.

You're only one guy, and the corrosive American culture plus an army of vengeful fembot saboteurs is always out there, just waiting to infect that girl who once started out fine.

Twitter: @_slickyboy
Occasional contributor at Return of Kings (while it lasted)
12-01-2019 10:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SlickyBoy's post:
NoMoreTO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Marrying conservative women from abroad and bringing them over to the west Konkerer 106 32,487 11-10-2019 10:55 AM
Last Post: Barron