Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The modern life dichotomy - best/worst time in history to be a man?
squiggly Offline
Pigeon

The modern life dichotomy - best/worst time in history to be a man?
One the down side -- men who get married and expose themselves to the feminist legal system have the worst experience that resembles some kind of Orwellian/Kafkaesque nightmare, with outcomes worse than being sent to a gulag.

And the men who make smart decisions and protect themselves from it -- live in an economy massively boosted by female wageslaves/taxpayers, live without pressure/expectation to get married, live with 20th century science and 21st century technology, incredibly cheap travel to SE Asian countries who have advanced past third world poverty but are still cheap to stay in, live with the internet to bypass the controlled media narratives and even make money online, get to enjoy reading stories about how feminism has created a "living hell" for women struggling to balance wage-slaving with child-care and fading fertility.

Think about it -- feminism was boosted by very smart men (those who control big corporations and the media) -- and have created a world that allows men to live lives better than at any time in history. Sure, a few hundred years ago you could have explored the world on a sailing ship, but you probably would have died of scurvy at some point. Living as an elite in the Roman empire would have been OK, but life expectancy was low.

Feminism - a plot by very smart men to turn the world into a playground for other smart men, like at no other time in history. Women thought it was all for them, I am starting to suspect they have been duped.

Thanks fellas.
12-03-2019 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes squiggly's post:
Syberpunk
Deusleveult Offline
Sparrow

RE: The modern life dichotomy - best/worst time in history to be a man?
If you're a man only interested in the material aspect of life, then yes you are going to have a good time : making money, fucking bitches around the world, buying the latest flashy toys to impress people, etc, etc... But choosing this road will cost your soul if you go too deep.

But if you're a man of God, looking to do the right things, then you're in it for a battle and lots of pain and struggle. But if you keep persevering in the battle throughout your life, you will be rewarded either on this earth or in Heaven. And the reward will be much greater than any material things you have.

So I would say it isn't so much about best/worst time in history to be a man as it is about which way you choose to go in your life : do you choose a selfish lifestyle or a selfless one? This determines the kind of man you are, which is the only important thing you have to think about.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 02:43 PM by Deusleveult.)
12-03-2019 02:36 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Deusleveult's post:
Enigma, monsquid
Teedub Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I often believe I was born in the wrong age. I would have been happy being a local shopkeeper, ironmonger etc in a small village community. I find modern hectic life quite a challenge if I'm being totally honest.

The things you own end up owning you.
12-03-2019 02:58 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Teedub's post:
Enoch, afewgoodrats, Enigma, N°6, ilostabet, Cadders, Renzy
BlastbeatCasanova Offline
Kingfisher

We live in times of extreme comfort and abundance but people seem unhappier and more unsatisfied in life then ever before. It seems that man was truly for struggle and our overdomestication through comfort and technology is driving us mad
12-03-2019 03:59 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like BlastbeatCasanova's post:
Teedub, kruger41, brando, ilostabet
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

(12-03-2019 02:58 PM)Teedub Wrote:  I often believe I was born in the wrong age. I would have been happy being a local shopkeeper, ironmonger etc in a small village community.

I still be waiting for those horseshoes.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
12-03-2019 04:16 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Vladimir Poontang's post:
Teedub, kruger41, Speculation, Enigma
Rush87 Offline
Ostrich

I don't want anything but a family with strong values and that's the hardest thing to get in today's world. All that other shit you mentioned means fuck all to me.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 05:25 PM by Rush87.)
12-03-2019 05:22 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like Rush87's post:
Enoch, gework, Syberpunk, Player_1337, Enigma, Renzy, JiggyLordJr
Vladimir Poontang Offline
Ostrich

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

Inspired Expat - Expat Lifestyle Discussion : https://inspiredexpat.forumotion.com/
Useful Links : http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/
12-03-2019 06:41 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vladimir Poontang's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
infowarrior1 Online
Ostrich

Materially good, spiritually bad. Crap architecture, good amenities.
12-03-2019 08:07 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like infowarrior1's post:
JiggyLordJr, Buck Wild
OscarManheim Online
Sparrow

If you're through and through corrupt and evil it's a great time to be alive. Unfortunately for me I didn't choose the road of least resistance.
12-03-2019 08:10 PM
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(12-03-2019 06:41 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number

That is a nice theory. Time to down size all your social media accounts to 150 max.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
12-03-2019 08:38 PM
kel Offline
Pigeon

(12-03-2019 02:05 PM)squiggly Wrote:  men who get married and expose themselves to the feminist legal system
(12-03-2019 02:05 PM)squiggly Wrote:  live in an economy massively boosted by female wageslaves/taxpayers
The problem is all men are exposed to the feminist system of governance, which is in the end a wealth transfer from men to women (amongst other wealth transfers).
Women take more than they contribute to taxes, and "the economy" getting boosted doesn't do shit for your average man - oligarchs got to lower wages and pocket the difference. The externalities of that - kids growing up without a father at all and an absent, self-obsessed mother - and their costs are born by society at large despite not wanting this all in the first place.
12-03-2019 09:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kel's post:
infowarrior1
squiggly Offline
Pigeon

(12-03-2019 09:38 PM)kel Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 02:05 PM)squiggly Wrote:  men who get married and expose themselves to the feminist legal system
(12-03-2019 02:05 PM)squiggly Wrote:  live in an economy massively boosted by female wageslaves/taxpayers
The problem is all men are exposed to the feminist system of governance, which is in the end a wealth transfer from men to women (amongst other wealth transfers).

Yes but the primary way of achieving that is through the family law system. The only other way would be to simply tax men at a higher rate than women, which no country has been brave enough to do yet. Of course you can view welfare as a form of unequal taxation, however they would prefer women to work AND enjoy wealth transfer from men via other means.

The system of governance *is* feminist, but it has a limited number of ways to get at you. If you can avoid them...work hard/smart...acquire currency etc...the world can be your oyster.
12-04-2019 12:41 AM
squiggly Offline
Pigeon

(12-03-2019 02:36 PM)Deusleveult Wrote:  But if you're a man of God, looking to do the right things, then you're in it for a battle and lots of pain and struggle.

As a serious question, does the bible actually command us to marry? Can not a man be single and still be a man of God and take a good path (apart from becoming a man of the cloth as well)?

Living "well" can mean whatever you want, outside of the danger zone of western family law. You can can be a volunteer social worker if that what gives you meaning.
12-04-2019 12:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes squiggly's post:
Deusleveult
No More Mr. Soy Boy Online
Woodpecker

Feels like overdosing on some Hiroshima-Nagasaki black pill reading this thread.
12-04-2019 01:14 AM
ilostabet Offline
Kingfisher

Let's offer some white pills then: every disaster is an opportunity, and despite the obvious pitfalls of all this technical overdose we live in, it is not all bad and it provides us with tools to understand it, resist it and fight it.

Without the internet, none of us would have learned so much as we did and still do about the world, what is wrong and what we lost in the past and how we can reclaim it and rebuild it. We wouldn't be in this forum, and would not discuss these things, nor would we know there are like minded men somewhere, even if geographically far away.

There may be a time coming where this won't be possible at all, because the grip will be tightened - but for now, we should be grateful that there is such a place as RVF, and other valuable repositories of information out there, to help us survive the next phase. Many of us wouldn't have found God if we didn't have this alternative online world. And we certainly won't be like Joseph K., who didn't know what he was being accused of and by whom.

We were given the knowledge of who are the accusers and what they will be accusing us of. It's up to us to make use of that information, and many of us have already embraced the fact that Christ is the only solution. It's as Roosh said in his last Babylon Road video: both Good and Evil are rising at the same time, and exponentially. We must take what is Good, and remove ourselves as much as possible from Evil - what we won't have is the excuse that many had before: not knowing which is which.

We made too many wrong mistakes. Yogi Berra
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 04:10 AM by ilostabet.)
12-04-2019 04:07 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like ilostabet's post:
No More Mr. Soy Boy, gework, Kid Twist, infowarrior1, JiggyLordJr
Enigma Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

(12-04-2019 12:45 AM)squiggly Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 02:36 PM)Deusleveult Wrote:  But if you're a man of God, looking to do the right things, then you're in it for a battle and lots of pain and struggle.

As a serious question, does the bible actually command us to marry? Can not a man be single and still be a man of God and take a good path (apart from becoming a man of the cloth as well)?

Living "well" can mean whatever you want, outside of the danger zone of western family law. You can can be a volunteer social worker if that what gives you meaning.

Paul actually says it’s better to stay single — but that means celibacy.
12-04-2019 12:56 PM
Deusleveult Offline
Sparrow

(12-04-2019 12:45 AM)squiggly Wrote:  

Saint Paul talks about that in 1 Corinthians 7.

I'm going to copy all the text as I find it's best to have all the context and put in bold the specific passages that answer your question about getting married or staying celibate.

"Concerning Married Life
7 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. 16 How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Concerning Change of Status
17 Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts. 20 Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings. 24 Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

Concerning the Unmarried
25 Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy. 26 Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for a man to remain as he is. 27 Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. 28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.

29 What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; 30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— 34 and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

36 If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong[b] and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married. 37 But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin—this man also does the right thing. 38 So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does better.
12-04-2019 01:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deusleveult's post:
infowarrior1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst crime ever? Georgepl 36 3,577 08-26-2019 06:58 AM
Last Post: Lovinglife
  The Worst PUA In All History (is from RSD) Dolo 20 16,629 03-25-2019 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alpone
  The Worst Stutter Ever Repo 4 2,540 02-26-2018 11:14 AM
Last Post: DJ-Matt