Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Study Group
mathius1 Offline
Pigeon

Study Group
So finals season is here and I just had the opportunity to see if this cutie pie i've been intermittently chatting with throughout the semester wants to have a study group. (I don't like to go for number early- or mid way through semester kus it kind of disrupts my focus towards the class.) She said yes, So i'm just wondering what people think about this plan of action, Use the study session as a way to build a little more rapport and comfort with her, then at the end say something like "well you seem cool, do you wanna grab a drink sometime and chat some more?"

Or would attempting to venue change that day be a good move.

Thanks
12-04-2019 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Dr. Howard Offline
Crow
Gold Member

RE: Study Group
(12-04-2019 08:46 PM)mathius1 Wrote:  So finals season is here and I just had the opportunity to see if this cutie pie i've been intermittently chatting with throughout the semester wants to have a study group. (I don't like to go for number early- or mid way through semester kus it kind of disrupts my focus towards the class.) She said yes, So i'm just wondering what people think about this plan of action, Use the study session as a way to build a little more rapport and comfort with her, then at the end say something like "well you seem cool, do you wanna grab a drink sometime and chat some more?"

Or would attempting to venue change that day be a good move.

Thanks

I would recommend a day game venue change. Something like "ok, I need a break to stretch my legs, I'm going to walk down to the coffee shop. You should come too, grab your shoes/bag etc"

The walk will let you ramble about anything not study related, give you an excuse for physical interaction etc.

It will also imply that you are spontaneous and not 100% academic all of the time.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
12-04-2019 09:35 PM
hkhathaj Offline
Pigeon

This studying together thing can lead to that you are put into the "friend" box. Women put men into boxes and it is hard to get from one to the other. You have to be in the "possible lover" box otherwise you will look "creepy" when you initiate anything romantic. For this reason I would go for escalation as soon as possible: do not wait for the second "study group" occasion but do the first move on the first one.

It need not be too pushy and a plausible deniable move may be enough but you have to show that you want to be more than a friend.

When I was young I remember that I have missed such opportunities by not doing the first move to escalate soon enough. At least that's what I think about it today.

I would also say that you have a high chance to already be in the "friend" box so you already have a low chance to escalate the relationship to a romantic one. But at least try it otherwise you will feel like a coward. I know because that happened to me many times in my life.
12-05-2019 05:03 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like hkhathaj's post:
Dr. Howard, Augustus_Principe
Sensei Creation Offline
Woodpecker
Silver Member

My two cents.

Your current train of thought is not going to work. Think about it.

Your going to spend time alone studying with no romantic sub tones at all and at the end your going to invite her to hang out ?

She'll just assume it will be for more boring work related conversation and politely decline.

This "study group" is just you two together.

Treat it as a first date.

Be strategic and get your logistics covered. Pick an isolated spot to "study" in.

Why are thinking about venue changes ?

Your "studying" right ? So get her to come over to yours. Or go to hers.

Your mentality should be, she's coming over to "have fun" and the "study group " is just her plausible deniability excuse. Trust me she already has study buddies, if she has agreed to be any where alone with you under any pretext it's because she's expecting you to make a move.

When she comes over. Make some drinks , put some chill "study" music on. Chat casually to make her feel comfortable. And then start running game.

1. Make her laugh
2. break the touch barrier
3. Tease her
4. playfully sexualise he conversation.
5. Go for the kiss

Preferably in that order and read her body language after each step. If she is reacting positively, escalate. If she doesn't , go back to studying for a couple minutes then try again.

You invited her over under ambiguous pretenses, your reputation is on the line, don't want her to reject you because you were too forward and start rumours of you being a creep as it will ruin your chances with other girls.

So read her body language carefully after each step.
12-05-2019 05:42 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Sensei Creation's post:
Dr. Howard, Augustus_Principe
burncushlikewood Offline
Robin

interesting, I would suggest not having a study session, considering that route is going to be taken seriously, it wouldn't lead to the right circumstances. When candid situations arise, you can build comfort, i did that once when i would happen to run into a girl at school, talk with her a bit and go seperate ways. It may not happen that you will see her again but the patience in allowing the relationship to take its course will peek her interest. Eventually i happened to run into the girl i would casually talk to when seen at a party, and she was more than interested in escalation from that point. It obviously has its limitations considering you may not see her enough, but if you're in a university system there should be countless young educated girls to interact with.

But the idea to push for a study session may be hard to do two things at once, especially if you intend on getting a good mark in your class, which im sure would be her objective considering the invite to study.
12-05-2019 06:23 AM