Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

An Overlooked Enemy in the Culture Wars: The Advertising Industry
Yeah Right Offline
Pigeon

An Overlooked Enemy in the Culture Wars: The Advertising Industry
We know an awful lot about various industries that incrementally or full-on do things to dismantle good and wholesomeness in society. Some examples include entertainment (Music and Film), tech sector/Silicon Valley, banking, governments/lobbying/special interest groups, Social Media/socialites, education/higher education, journalism, and etc. Those groups do things to destroy the traditional family unit like promoting LGBT+ lifestyle, single motherhood, dissing men/masculinity, feminism, heavy consumerism, excessive individuality, casual sex, and other things antithetical to nuclear families, strong family bonds, patriotism, religion, comprehensive education, traditional logic, and more.

An industry that used to be criticized heavily in the past, but strangely not today is the advertising industry. Remember being suspicious of Madison Ave. in the past, and wary of people promoting you to buy things or accept ideas? There's a handful mega advertising companies in the world like IPG, WPP, Publicis, and Omnicom that dominate the message for good/services to buy... but also toxic ideas like listed above. If you watch TV in between shows you've seen odd content in commercials like biracial couples, heavy emphasis on feminism/dumb men, gay agenda, and more. I'm curious to know what are your thoughts on this -- and why on earth are they not targeted for the degeneracy they've pushed all these years?
12-05-2019 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like Yeah Right's post:
gework, hkhathaj, doc holliday, Going strong
SomeOneSomeWhere Offline
Robin

RE: An Overlooked Enemy in the Culture Wars: The Advertising Industry
It's all run by globalists pushing globohomo /thread

[Image: yFA0M2w.jpg]
12-05-2019 02:24 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like SomeOneSomeWhere's post:
Going strong, Thriller, Sword and Board
Yeah Right Offline
Pigeon

It's still mentioned less often than banks or Facebook or leftist media or liberal universities. Advertising never gets brought up by everyday people and I don't think it's properly understood or recognized and there's an oligopoly that tries to control the subtle messaging in everything -- something more incidious than the attention GLAAD or Human Rights Campaign gets. Despite globohomo control which is fundamentally true, they should still be understood as a major player in the continuing downslide of culture. I guess I just wish there was a social media campaign against them or something similar since they never get called out.
12-05-2019 03:23 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Yeah Right's post:
Going strong, pitbullowner
Captainstabbin Offline
Hummingbird

Then there's the new Peloton commercial wherein a young-ish, thin piece of ass (with a kid) shows genuine appreciation and a desire to please her husband.

The ad agency is getting blasted for it. They're saying the woman is obviously terrified of her husband - why else would she want to please him? - and needs to get the police involved. It's deranged.

12-05-2019 03:26 AM
[-] The following 15 users Like Captainstabbin's post:
Tactician, gework, d'Aversa, infowarrior1, Monty_Brogan, Renzy, DamienCasanova, Going strong, HermeticAlly, Syberpunk, Gusamaso, Laner, Simeon_Strangelight, N°6, dicknixon72
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Kingfisher

I watched the Peloton ad posted above and thought "aww, she really liked the gift." I Googled "Peloton bike ad" to see what people could possibly be upset about, and my desire to be a hermit has doubled in the span of about a minute. Such profound dysfunction in our populace. American culture often seems like hell on Earth, and in a certain metaphysical sense, it probably is.

Jewish convert to Orthodox Christianity and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 04:02 AM by MichaelWitcoff.)
12-05-2019 04:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 17 users Like MichaelWitcoff's post:
d'Aversa, infowarrior1, roberto, Monty_Brogan, Renzy, DamienCasanova, Going strong, HermeticAlly, Syberpunk, Roosh, debeguiled, Gusamaso, Captainstabbin, Sword and Board, N°6, , It_is_my_time
d'Aversa Offline
Woodpecker

Imagine the mental state of a person whose first word to describe this video is "dystopian".
12-05-2019 04:52 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like d'Aversa's post:
roberto, MichaelWitcoff, Going strong, questor70, Captainstabbin, Kingsley Davis
The Catalyst Online
Pelican

This is so strange to me. If anything the ad seems like white knighting, the girl literally got a free bike for being a girl.

Edit: Apparently the girl hasn't physically changed... does that matter? She only said she changed, not that strangers can see her physically change.

The girl also does look really nervous though. From what I can tell a lot of people who try new things are. Hard to believe someone that athletic looking would be nervous about a stationary bike.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 09:04 AM by The Catalyst.)
12-05-2019 08:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Catalyst's post:
Going strong
Mr Gibbs Offline
Pigeon

“The War On Whites in Advertising”
This is one of, if not the most red pilling article I’ve ever read. If at this point you don’t think there is an agenda being pushed despite whether the content will help revenue or not this article will wake you up real quick.
https://www.counter-currents.com/2018/03...vertising/
12-05-2019 08:49 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Mr Gibbs's post:
Going strong, Isaac Jordan, Kingsley Davis, Sword and Board
Easy_C Offline
Crow

Me reading the Twitter posts about it:

[Image: 54a.png]
12-05-2019 09:50 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Easy_C's post:
Going strong, MikeInRealLife, Captainstabbin, Thriller
d'Aversa Offline
Woodpecker

(12-05-2019 08:41 AM)The Catalyst Wrote:  Edit: Apparently the girl hasn't physically changed... does that matter? She only said she changed, not that strangers can see her physically change.

The girl also does look really nervous though. From what I can tell a lot of people who try new things are. Hard to believe someone that athletic looking would be nervous about a stationary bike.

A woman doesn't have to exercise to look thin, all it takes is just not stuffing themselves like a pig, the metabolism takes care of the rest for the most of them. Exercise is enjoyable though, one can feel the difference even if someone else can't stop him.

Also, it was her first time on camera, most people would be nervous.
12-05-2019 10:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes d'Aversa's post:
Going strong
HermeticAlly Offline
Woodpecker

Do you think the outrage machine would be spinning if the man, woman, or both, were black? Yeah, don't think so. Figures that the first commercial I've seen in ages that doesn't reek of The Agenda has attracted a hatestorm from Goodpeople™.

I've long thought that advertising is a fundamentally evil field. Advertising a product isn't inherently evil, of course, but it's the kind of world that draws evil, sociopathic people like moths to a flame. And instead of doing what advertisements are supposed to do, inform you about a thing and let you decide if you want/need it, it's more often a tool of social control and promoting The Agenda.

Neocon/boomer blindness to this fact in the name of "MUH CAPITALISM!" is a great example of why American society is so screwed.
12-05-2019 11:28 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like HermeticAlly's post:
Syberpunk, Going strong
kazimierzdabrowski Offline
Pigeon

The outage over the Peloton ad is hilarious. Someone should show the journos how the wife would actually lool after putting a year into cycling. Or any professional woman cyclist.

Pic related is Rebecca Twigg, USA olympic cyclist from the 80s-90s. What man wouldn't get his wife on a bike after seeing that? And unline women who lift weights, female cyclists usually don't get the refrigerator-shaped upper body and shoulders. For anyone who wants to know after looking at the Pearl Izumi ad and wondering why the T800 and Kyle Reese aren't in the shot, yes she did age like Linda Hamilton would have if Linda didn't smoke a pack of unfiltered reds a day.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 11:59 AM by kazimierzdabrowski.)
12-05-2019 11:51 AM
questor70 Offline
Ostrich

(12-05-2019 04:52 AM)dAversa Wrote:  Imagine the mental state of a person whose first word to describe this video is "dystopian".

Gives new meaning to the term "first world problems".
12-05-2019 12:27 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like questor70's post:
d'Aversa, infowarrior1
Towgunner Offline
Sparrow

The Advertising industry is very much a factor in this cultural or perhaps better described soft civil war. However the increasing "wokeness" of ad agencies is certainly a problem, in that it promulgates this deranged culture, but, there is also something very peculiar about the whole thing. What I am having trouble reconciling is the fact that ad agencies are profit orientated or at least they should be. The smart angle is to not engage in any politics whatsoever because with politics being so divided today there is no way to win. Evidence of this is seen from the reactions of woke ads by non-woke people. Gillette being a great example. And the math just doesn't add up. Again using gillette as an example. Pandering to an infinitesimal market, cross dressers, and at the same time alienating your core demographic men is not a sound business decision. When gillette went "woke" and produced that bigoted anti-male shit ad I personally swore I would never buy a gillette product ever again. I even called the company and complained. I wasn't the only person that was so disgusted by this and their recent poor financial results certainly speak to this discord. Yet, interestingly it seems as though gillette ignored this very clear signal and has no intentions on reversing its "marketing strategy". And let's define this marketing strategy, which is insult your clients and take sides in extremely contentious political debates.

My disgust is firing on all levels. gillette might still be a large multinational corporation but, and this goes for companies like apple too, as a consumer they are "the help". And they better start remembering that. Because I pay them money for their product(s). Neither apple or gillette are necessities for my survival and there are ample competitors out there to choose from. The very act of them assuming to preach to me about politics and, worse, morality is beyond the pale.

Elsewhere we see the same insanity at work. Like with movies that rely on massive marketing and advertising to sell tickets. The "directors" interject their personal politics into their movies, such as shit wars and charlies angles, and then insult the very people they want to sell too.

All I can think of is that these ad agencies and the rest are being mislead by activist and stats that say millennials are their focus and they all engage in same sex brown showers so... To that end, if things do not change, gillette and the rest will end up selling only to a tiny minority of "consumers" who studied women or queer studies at places like evergreen state college. To wit, such people will have very little discretionary income to spend on anything. How is this a "win win"?

Can someone please tell Madison Avenue, hollywood and corporate America that it is not a good business decision to insult your customers. Am I taking crazy pills here?
12-05-2019 03:20 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Towgunner's post:
Going strong, infowarrior1
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

The ad agencies and the corporate world are closer to the Antifa mindset - it's cultural marxism all around. We see it almost everywhere except in 99,9% White European countries.
12-07-2019 01:07 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Simeon_Strangelight's post:
Kingsley Davis, Going strong, infowarrior1
Teedub Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Gillette didn't apologise but they did issue a statement that was essentially a backtracking apology whilst trying to save face. It was essentially "we totally misjudged the mood of the general public, we will go back to what we did previously". I work in marketing - it isn't a top down (((order))), it's what happens when you put childless 40+ year old white women in charge of things. That, and all the ad agencies copying one another.

The things you own end up owning you.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2019 03:59 AM by Teedub.)
12-08-2019 03:58 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Teedub's post:
Going strong, infowarrior1, Towgunner, Salinger
Sword and Board Offline
Woodpecker

Its just a massive Cohencidence all the global agencies and corporations sync together to push the same message. Even when it has a negative effect on trade.

(09-19-2019 04:19 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  You cannot win playing in the enemy's house by the enemy's rules with the enemy acting as referee.
12-08-2019 05:30 AM
Monkey Business Offline
Sparrow

Pertinent Viewing Material
It's all thoroughly depicted in The Century of the Self. Would recommend.

Quote:The story of the relationship between Sigmund Freud and his American nephew, Edward Bernays. Bernays invented the public relations profession in the 1920s and was the first person to take Freud's ideas to manipulate the masses. He showed American corporations how they could make people want things they didn't need by systematically linking mass-produced goods to their unconscious desires.

Bernays was one of the main architects of the modern techniques of mass-consumer persuasion, using every trick in the book, from celebrity endorsement and outrageous PR stunts, to eroticising the motorcar.

His most notorious coup was breaking the taboo on women smoking by persuading them that cigarettes were a symbol of independence and freedom. But Bernays was convinced that this was more than just a way of selling consumer goods. It was a new political idea of how to control the masses. By satisfying the inner irrational desires that his uncle had identified, people could be made happy and thus docile.

It was the start of the all-consuming self which has come to dominate today's world.

Originally broadcast on 29th April 2002.
12-08-2019 06:34 AM
RexImperator Offline
Crow
Gold Member

A wife wanting to please her husband is “dystopian”. If you want proof our society’s moral compass is inverted, well there you go.

Bella, horrida bella
et Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno
12-08-2019 07:21 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes RexImperator's post:
RichardCranium
Teedub Offline
Crow
Gold Member

Some of you guys take the Jew thing too far. Rotekz called out VNet for it a few days ago, with this idea that every single Jew is out to get you and that every single one is 'bad'. Even Hitler didn't think like this. He had Jewish friends/associates who he either afforded special privileges/protection to, or ferried out of the Reich and offered financial support to.

If we're getting to the state where people in the online dissident right are purity spiralling against literally Adolf Hitler then it's just descended into internet larping in my opinion. As a real world movement, it will go nowhere.

The things you own end up owning you.
12-08-2019 07:36 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Teedub's post:
Transsimian, PixelFree, amity
Simeon_Strangelight Offline
Hawk
Gold Member

(12-08-2019 03:58 AM)Teedub Wrote:  Gillette didn't apologise but they did issue a statement that was essentially a backtracking apology whilst trying to save face. It was essentially "we totally misjudged the mood of the general public, we will go back to what we did previously". I work in marketing - it isn't a top down (((order))), it's what happens when you put childless 40+ year old white women in charge of things. That, and all the ad agencies copying one another.

Yes - at the bottom and mid-tiers that is true. At the top it's something else. It's the same with journalists - they are just spouting the same drivel as the others and that includes the unversity gulags. But at the top of the chairs as well as some of the owners - they know what they need to push and they hire only those that follow the stream. They know that dissenting journalists who actually want to talk about the non-PC truth get fired or demoted. The same happens with other industries which have strong propaganda effect like the advertising industry or fashion. Most people follow the trends and do what is told - that women are getting hired is also a decision from above. It used to be a male dominated conservative field one day. But someone decided to hire those people.

The full-spectrum control of our world is pretty neat - since it permeates everything seemingly in an organic way until you find papers of theirs where they explicitly plan it out decades in advance. It takes little for stones to be thrown into the ponds of this world - the corresponding mid and low tier executives are just following through. Some crazies get even out of hand and make up more shit, but the agenda within politics, academia worldwide, media, Hollywood, even books and comics - that is essentially ONE ENTITY. And you don't even have to control everyone - just control the biggest playes and you create the dominating field. There are many companies which operate outside of the propaganda and you can see it because they don't add the globohomo stuff unless desired by their clients.
12-08-2019 08:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Simeon_Strangelight's post:
amity
Easy_C Offline
Crow

(12-08-2019 07:36 AM)Teedub Wrote:  Some of you guys take the Jew thing too far. Rotekz called out VNet for it a few days ago, with this idea that every single Jew is out to get you and that every single one is 'bad'. Even Hitler didn't think like this. He had Jewish friends/associates who he either afforded special privileges/protection to, or ferried out of the Reich and offered financial support to.

If we're getting to the state where people in the online dissident right are purity spiralling against literally Adolf Hitler then it's just descended into internet larping in my opinion. As a real world movement, it will go nowhere.

My advice is to be VERY, VERY, suspicious of people who try to tilt things to such extremes.

Mods would be well advised to place some scrutiny on their account and grammatical forensics.
12-08-2019 03:33 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Easy_C's post:
Teedub, Gent001
PixelFree Offline
Robin

(12-08-2019 07:36 AM)Teedub Wrote:  Some of you guys take the Jew thing too far. Rotekz called out VNet for it a few days ago, with this idea that every single Jew is out to get you and that every single one is 'bad'. Even Hitler didn't think like this. He had Jewish friends/associates who he either afforded special privileges/protection to, or ferried out of the Reich and offered financial support to.

Agreed, David Icke has done a good job of explaining this in a talk you can find online (search for David Icke Rothchild Zionists).

The everyday, regular Jewish person (referred to as the 'lesser brethren' by the Rothschilds Zionists) are just as much victims as we are, and many protest against Zionism.

Not to mention, there are also non-Jewish RZ's, even the Arabic House of Saud is in on it.

They may be vastly over-represented in these certain powerful circles however that != 'all'. The vast majority would have no idea of what's even really going on. They are closer to the source of the propaganda, so they will repeat it more, but they are clueless.

I'd go even further and say those closer to the top (Celebrities, those in the Intelligence agencies and in Government) also don't know the full extent of it, they're just told to push a certain policy or agenda and are rewarded for doing so (be it career advancement, lucrative jobs for their wives/children or straight out financial).
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2019 11:51 PM by PixelFree.)
12-08-2019 11:50 PM
Salinger Offline
Robin

(12-05-2019 03:20 PM)Towgunner Wrote:  The Advertising industry is very much a factor in this cultural or perhaps better described soft civil war. However the increasing "wokeness" of ad agencies is certainly a problem, in that it promulgates this deranged culture, but, there is also something very peculiar about the whole thing. What I am having trouble reconciling is the fact that ad agencies are profit orientated or at least they should be. The smart angle is to not engage in any politics whatsoever because with politics being so divided today there is no way to win. Evidence of this is seen from the reactions of woke ads by non-woke people. Gillette being a great example. And the math just doesn't add up. Again using gillette as an example. Pandering to an infinitesimal market, cross dressers, and at the same time alienating your core demographic men is not a sound business decision. When gillette went "woke" and produced that bigoted anti-male shit ad I personally swore I would never buy a gillette product ever again. I even called the company and complained. I wasn't the only person that was so disgusted by this and their recent poor financial results certainly speak to this discord. Yet, interestingly it seems as though gillette ignored this very clear signal and has no intentions on reversing its "marketing strategy". And let's define this marketing strategy, which is insult your clients and take sides in extremely contentious political debates.

My disgust is firing on all levels. gillette might still be a large multinational corporation but, and this goes for companies like apple too, as a consumer they are "the help". And they better start remembering that. Because I pay them money for their product(s). Neither apple or gillette are necessities for my survival and there are ample competitors out there to choose from. The very act of them assuming to preach to me about politics and, worse, morality is beyond the pale.

Elsewhere we see the same insanity at work. Like with movies that rely on massive marketing and advertising to sell tickets. The "directors" interject their personal politics into their movies, such as shit wars and charlies angles, and then insult the very people they want to sell too.

All I can think of is that these ad agencies and the rest are being mislead by activist and stats that say millennials are their focus and they all engage in same sex brown showers so... To that end, if things do not change, gillette and the rest will end up selling only to a tiny minority of "consumers" who studied women or queer studies at places like evergreen state college. To wit, such people will have very little discretionary income to spend on anything. How is this a "win win"?

Can someone please tell Madison Avenue, hollywood and corporate America that it is not a good business decision to insult your customers. Am I taking crazy pills here?

I don't think this is a case of women in power or one ad company copying another.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but the fact that all of these commercials are pushing the same agenda makes me think that the ad companies are subsidized by the Globalists to push this crap.

A few women in power could not and would not be responsible for systematically changing how companies promoted their products and services by taking sides on social issues.
12-09-2019 11:59 AM
Gent001 Offline
Pigeon

(12-08-2019 03:33 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

My advice is to be VERY, VERY, suspicious of people who try to tilt things to such extremes.

Mods would be well advised to place some scrutiny on their account and grammatical forensics.

Same here. I always viewed it with suspicion: Those same individuals who goes all anti jewish beserk are sometimes agents. Their goal is to set up the environment for the "anti semitim" bait, then launch the media lapdogs to annihilate the platform under the guise of anti semitism.
12-10-2019 06:06 AM