Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Do you know any cool stuff on the dark web?
No More Mr. Soy Boy Offline
Kingfisher

Do you know any cool stuff on the dark web?
I got some crypto just laying around and thought it could be an idea to check out the dark web since it's apparently the currency there.
I've only been there for about an hour or two several years ago so I haven't really discovered what's out there.

So do you know anything cool that's out there that you recommend?
Are there any cool websites where you can access interesting information and do some cool things or is it just a place for degenerates and criminals?
12-09-2019 02:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
CynicalContrarian Offline
Peacock
Gold Member

RE: Do you know any cool stuff on the dark web?
I hear the FBI are quietly rather active on Tor...
12-09-2019 04:38 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like CynicalContrarian's post:
Avon Barksdale, Handsome Creepy Eel
Oz. Offline
Pelican

You can buy anything you can imagine on the dark web.

Do you have any idea what you’re doing though? Most people don’t and assuming by the fact that you’ve only been to it for a couple of hours, years back, neither do you.

Is it a place exclusively for degenerates and criminals? No, but a large portion of the user base is exactly that. You need to be weary of what you’re doing, especially if you plan to buy anything with crypto.

You can join “anonymous” chat rooms where people will point you in whatever direction you are looking for. Again, I do not recommend, unless you’re a very advanced user.

(11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.
12-09-2019 04:52 PM
Latan Offline
Pelican

OP, please share your future discoveries on this.
I never quite understood what's going on there, except very slow internet connection.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019 05:32 PM by Latan.)
12-09-2019 05:32 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Latan's post:
debeguiled, Wayout, gework, Handsome Creepy Eel
acco Offline
Pigeon

You should use a VPN service to connect to the deep web to hide your real IP. If your VPN provider offers multi-hop use this.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 08:40 AM by acco.)
12-11-2019 08:39 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like acco's post:
pitbullowner, Handsome Creepy Eel
No More Mr. Soy Boy Offline
Kingfisher

(12-11-2019 08:39 AM)acco Wrote:  You should use a VPN service to connect to the deep web to hide your real IP. If your VPN provider offers multi-hop use this.

Yeah, I've understood that it's pretty much a given if you want to see the dark web.
12-11-2019 09:20 AM
Er Miqué Offline
Pigeon

I once found a website there showing that hatsune miku thingy dancing to some music: definitively the coolest I've seen there, being it so normal. There is also some game ROMs website and some forums about hacking and stuff like that, and a really cool website to download lots of books online: nothing you can't find on the normal internet.

Tor is not inherently evil, but it gives possibility to evil. There you can access websites showing the Bible in languages of countries it's strictly forbidden (talk about muslim middle east and maybe china) and some blog of a man inviting people to Christianism, good things; but you can also access illegal content and total degeneracy if you search for it. Tor isn't such a great thing: it's mostly full of scammers and weirdos, and it's mostly used for evil; maybe those youtube videos mythicizing the "Deep Web" make it look cool but to be honest it's just a very slow and legacy internet with no javascript, and with lots of stuff you're better not watching, besides such a quantity of lefties and "anarchists" there.

If you really want to use Tor then use TAILS for security (it has all the normative security measures by default). But it ain't that great to be honest, after some hours the thrill of "oh the Deep Web" and seeing some weird stuff passes and you'll get bored. Check out the libraries though: it's a lot of books and for sure you'll find some useful stuff; and don't fall for the "marianas web" joke.

¡Oi!
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 08:00 PM by Er Miqué.)
12-11-2019 07:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Er Miqué's post:
pitbullowner
Enoch Offline
Ostrich

Too much of a boomer here to get on the dark web. Scared I will click the wrong thing and get a virus.
12-11-2019 08:05 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Enoch's post:
Latan
VNvet Offline
Woodpecker

No.

All I can find are the markets. Nothing else seems to work for me, or it takes too long to load and I leave.
12-12-2019 05:37 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes VNvet's post:
Latan