Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Strengthening Immune System
Lace em up Offline
Robin

Strengthening Immune System
Strengthening your immune system is perhaps the most viable way to avoid a miserable death during a widespread outbreak of coronavirus. Will do more research and report findings.

Any members here knowledgeable on the subject?

Things I will research include; how long it takes for the body to respond and best ways to improve the entire system.

[Image: Boost-Your-Immune-System-WeAreTeachers-1.png]
01-24-2020 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lace em up's post:
Donfitz007
Hypno Offline
Hummingbird

RE: Strengthening Immune System
Good sleep.

Wash hands regularly

Vitamins, esp C, D and A
01-24-2020 03:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypno's post:
Lace em up, Leonard D Neubache
Johnnyvee Offline
Pelican

Prolonged fasting 48-120 hours is proven to rejuvenate the aging immune system. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...0914001519

I think this is the most potent thing you can do at the moment. Damaged/senescent immune cells are removed or repaired via autophagy, and the stem cells go through a round of mitosis (symmetric cell division) Upon reintroduction of nutrients, the now rejuvenated stem cells with the relatively shortest telomeres will divide asymmetrically (differentiate) and replenish the immune system with "fresh" cells. This can also cure autoimmunity btw. (If you also exclude the autoimmune causing foods. Go paleo in other words.) It`s a very potent intervention!

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
01-24-2020 04:49 PM
[-] The following 12 users Like Johnnyvee's post:
Lace em up, Zeroblack, gework, Meliorare93, Leonard D Neubache, gza89, Monty_Brogan, fiasco360, kosko, Australia Sucks, Beyond Borders, The Black Knight
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Myself and a number of people I know got very sick when we took the flu-shot. I would tentatively say it took me several weeks to fully shake the effect of it.

Never again.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
01-25-2020 12:03 AM
[-] The following 10 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Lace em up, Ruslan, Hypno, mr_ks, mote, Tail Gunner, Syberpunk, fiasco360, 911, Sankt Michael
Spectrumwalker Offline
Kingfisher

2 things. Colostrum and Patriot Power.

So I was bs'ing with this vet one time. We're talking about getting sick and what not and he was telling me how he takes colostrum pills and hasn't gotten sick in years. Or if he felt something coming on, take the colostrum, nothing ever happens. But colostrum is a substance in milk produced in cows during birthing, and other animals. I think even human women produce it too. Don't quote me on that. To be honest I'm not sure about what goes on inside women's tits, I prefer the outside. But in cows; colostrum is what activates their newborn calves immune systems when they get their first drink from the titties after they're up on their feet looking for the utter. If a newborn calf pops out and doesn't get it's first drink of milk and that colostrum from the momma, the little shit's good as dead. It's that important. A fricken sneeze will kill him. Sometimes cows are like women. Some should be mothers; others shouldn't.

Now I'm not a vet or anything, so I won't pretend to know the science behind it all. I'll leave that up to anyone whose interested. But if it's that important to activate and support the immune system for calves and other animals, it's gotta be good stuff.

So where I'm going with this is, I got some. And I've only ever stuck to it once, I'm terrible with supplement regimens. If I were a girl on the pill I woulda ended up pregnant a long time ago. But during my winter break when I head to south America, I always get sick. Going from clean air to the filth of South America always messes with me without fail. 2018 I ordered me a bottle and took some before flying south. Never got sick. Got super sick coming back to the states though after my trip. But I never took the colostrum. Go figure. This last year I went down there, didn't take any, got sick. Whether it's coincidence or was the colostrum, I dunno. But that's my colostrum story. But with the WuFlu going around maybe it's something to look into again. But if you get colostrum supplements make sure it's organic as you can get from gas fed cows. Check out the ingrediants closely.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Now second thing is this stuff Patriot Power. It's the one supplement I have been good with because it's tasty. It's a drink powder mix of like 40 organic fruits and vegetables. Honestly I've almost been tempted to start a public service thread on Patriot Power to help them stay in business. I had someone turn me on to this stuff a couple of years ago to help fight fatigue. I take the Patriot Power greens and it took me awhile to notice a difference, but I definitely did. I noticed especially when I woke up in the morning. I gotta outa bed a bit faster, wasn't as groggy and definitely felt more energy. I went off of it for a long time because it's expensive. But I just had some more come in not long ago, taking this stuff I've already felt a bit more of a spring in my step.

But in the box they had this newsletter thing of other products. One is called Patriot Power Reds which is supposed to be immune system support whereas the greens is to help fight fatigue, give energy and just give you good stuff. I can imagine with all the good stuff in it though, it's good for your immune health too. So I dunno, maybe if someone's wants to try the Reds for immune support I'll paste a link below. But if the Greens is good stuff and works well, maybe the Reds does to. And no I'm not working for the company. Tongue

https://patriothealthstore.com/

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2020 02:14 AM by Spectrumwalker.)
01-25-2020 01:27 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Spectrumwalker's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Lace em up, Tactician, Hillbilly
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

(01-25-2020 01:27 AM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  ... I've only ever stuck to it once, I'm terrible with supplement regimens. If I were a girl on the pill I woulda ended up pregnant a long time ago.

I feel that feel. I started setting an alarm for the multivitamins I take but that didn't work because they're unpleasant on an empty stomach and I only eat when I'm hungry. Undecided

The multis I take (when I remember) are Swanson brand, recommended to me by a good buddy on the forum. They do a great job when you remember to take them, though they make my piss look like Mountain Dew.

I suppose it's a mixed result but I've contracted two viruses in the last month and beaten both of them in record time (same for my wife). Does that mean my immune system is garbage due to the number of viruses or good because I beat them quickly and I'm just unlucky for coming across two strains in quick succession?

Oh well. The energy boost they give me is reason enough to take them.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
01-25-2020 01:45 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Spectrumwalker, Lace em up
JiggyLordJr Offline
Woodpecker

Simple solutions are the way to go. I'm sure elderberry is terrific, but how many men can realistically get their hands on this stuff? I prefer portable immune boosters, in other words, habits I can take anywhere I go.

1. Cold showers. These are a game changer. If you've got cajones and aspire to be superhuman, cold baths.

2. Good sleep. Ridiculously important. YMMV, figure out your optimal hour range and stick to it.

3. Regular wake time. Rise and shine at the same time everyday. Weekends and holidays included. Never deviate.

4. Paleo/keto diet. Modern foodstuffs (engineered carbs) cause inflammation and wreaks havok on your immune system. Stick to natural, low-carb food instead.

5. Good relationships. Often overlooked, a healthy social life boosts your immune system. All things equal, isolated men are much less healthy compared to their well-connected counterparts. Relationships literally save lives.

6. Regular exercise. Running can be done anywhere. Same for Calisthenics, which keeps you lean year-round. Weights optional.

There are many other immune system "hacks," but these 6 lay the groundwork for living an illness-free life. And they can be done anywhere in the world. No excuses.
01-25-2020 11:29 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like JiggyLordJr's post:
Johnnyvee, Tactician, Lace em up, Syberpunk, PixelFree, Zenta
Repo Offline
Hummingbird

Make infused water with lemons and other fruits or mint and drink it everyday. Great low calorie way to get vitamin C, will absorb better than pills.
01-25-2020 12:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Repo's post:
Lace em up
mr_ks Offline
Banned

Chicken soup and beef bone broth.
01-25-2020 01:05 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like mr_ks's post:
Lace em up, Repo, Johnnyvee
Iconoclast007 Offline
Woodpecker

1.Fasting
2. Bone broths
3. Chaga, turkey tail, reishi mushrooms.
4. Wim hoff breathing followed by cold immersion or shower.
01-26-2020 04:17 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Iconoclast007's post:
Lace em up, Australia Sucks
Syberpunk Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Cold Showers.

Strengthening this one area strengthens your discipline in all other areas, will also make you superhuman compared to others who are not willing to do it.

Makes you stone cold knowing I did this, how many others wouldn't?

Yes it's all right to play these games with yourself for self esteem.
And when your suffering you need all the esteem you can get.
01-26-2020 06:56 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Syberpunk's post:
Lace em up
Sooth Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

This is bro science, but I'll add "elevate your heart rate twice daily" followed by a good drink of water.

I've been doing this and feel significantly better. 3 min morning sprint before work and same at night before dinner. Doesn't even have to be enough to break a sweat but just get the heart rate up until you need to start breathing heavily.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2020 02:11 PM by Sooth.)
01-26-2020 02:11 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Sooth's post:
Lace em up, Ruslan
Johnnyvee Offline
Pelican

(01-26-2020 02:11 PM)Sooth Wrote:  This is bro science, but I'll add "elevate your heart rate twice daily" followed by a good drink of water.

I've been doing this and feel significantly better. 3 min morning sprint before work and same at night before dinner. Doesn't even have to be enough to break a sweat but just get the heart rate up until you need to start breathing heavily.

I don`t think that is bro science. There`s solid evidence to back those claims!

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2020 04:34 PM by Johnnyvee.)
01-26-2020 04:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnnyvee's post:
Lace em up
ScannerLIV Offline
Sparrow

That's called HILT
01-26-2020 09:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScannerLIV's post:
Lace em up
Donfitz007 Offline
Kingfisher

This was a well needed post! Good job OP!

Cold showers are a game-changer, I did them for a while and felt like a king. Pussied out.

Might be bro-science, but nofap, semen retention, cold showers and a good diet can take 10 years off the body it seems. mix in a little zinc and magnesium and you're ready for crazy levels.
01-26-2020 11:12 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donfitz007's post:
Lace em up
StarcraftGG Offline
Sparrow

in the case of the coronavirus, you're dealing with a virus so antibiotics won't do anything. Western medicine, from what I can determine, doesn't have any real weapons to deal with illness caused by viruses aside from rest, water, soup, etc. What I learned from an alternative medicine practitioner and have used with great success over many years, is that a cocktail of antiviral supplements can and will stop the viral flu dead in its tracks 2-4 days after first experiencing symptoms. These supplements are not meant to be taken long term.

lomatium dissectum - one full dropper every 4-6 hours (read up on this product being a potential allergen and test it first on yourself with a tiny amount before going on the full dose!)

mycoferon - same dose as the lomatium https://www.camformulas.com/Mycoferon-Mu...n-1169.htm

zinc lozenges

monolaurin - see label https://www.pureformulas.com/monolaurin-...mulas.html

colloidial silver - 1 teaspoon every 4-6 hours. 20ppm by MesoSilver. Watch out there is a lot of crappy colloidial silver out there!

andrographis plus - https://www.metagenics.com/andrographis-plus
when you first get sick take 4 then another 4 after 4-6 hours. take 2 every 4-6 hours after that

With the exception of the zinc and possibly the andrographis plus, all other supplements are both antiviral and antibiotic but unlike broad spectrum prescription antibiotics, they do not kill off friendly bacteria and flora in your gut.

So, whenever I start getting sick, I take all of this stuff out of my cabinet, take it for a few days, and then put it back without even going to the doctor. I normally don't post but decided to write this because by coincidence, I am in the process of recovering from the flu using these very supplements. Thursday night I was feeling tired so stayed in and didn't go out. I woke up a few hours later at 1 AM with body aches and started taking these supplements. exactly 3 days 6 hours later, while not fully 100% recovered, I am back to work.
01-27-2020 09:58 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like StarcraftGG's post:
Ruslan, Lace em up, Laner, Australia Sucks
JoeSomebody Offline
Sparrow

Apple cider vinegar.

Multivitamin every day.

Regular activity/exercise.
- weights
- cardio
- sports ball
- body weight exercises/ stretching

7 to 10 hrs of good sleep everynight. Also stay in a sleep pattern if possible. Go to bed around same time, rise around same time.

Lots and lots of water. I drink a gallon a day, easily.

Low stress. Work and personal life.

Stay away recreational drugs and seldom drink alcohol.

Good clean diet.

Intermittent fasting. Whether or not it strengthens the immune system I don't know, but I do it 95% of the time and feel great.
01-27-2020 03:27 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JoeSomebody's post:
Sooth, Lace em up
Sooth Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

I put one of those general fizzy multivitamin things that are supposed to go in one glass into a half gallon bottle in the fridge then just drink as per usual. A little more exciting that plain water and I figure spreading the dose over a full day is better than all in one go?
01-27-2020 03:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sooth's post:
Lace em up
jcrew247 Offline
Kingfisher

(01-25-2020 12:03 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Myself and a number of people I know got very sick when we took the flu-shot. I would tentatively say it took me several weeks to fully shake the effect of it.

Never again.

Yeah, same here. I hate to sound like an anti-vaxxer but after hearing some other stuff about how they made the polio vaccine with monkey viruses and in the process killed 100 kids along with the profit-motive makes me distrust Big Pharma. Its not just poor quality control but also that Big Pharma wants to make a profit and getting mandated national vaccines is the best surefire way to profit even if the flu vaccine is a placebo or useless or contaminated. There are even reports that soft-tissue cancers increaseed due to vaccinations. If you get a bad batch of vaccines with contamination or over-dosage then you will get seriously sick. Vaccines are suppose to be tiny diseases to build immunity but I seem to have gotten sick easily to the exposure of the flu shot. Contamination could have occurred if the vaccines were stored improperly maybe, such as leaving in room temps. I would never get a flu shot again and I've been fine. The only way kids should get vaccines is if they are older and their bodies can handle the vaccines. There are too many weakened kids out there that can't handle the vaccines now.

I sometimes take cold showers, but I usually will just run the water on my hair and body, then turn it off, lather soap, then turn on water again for rinsing. Is that what everyone else does? I try not to stay under the cold water and leave it on.
01-28-2020 12:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcrew247's post:
Ruslan
CorvusGuardXIX Offline
Pigeon

Tumeric is great for reducing inflammation and for damaged joints. Black Seed Oil is good too.

Other possible good alternatives: panax ginseng, holy basil leaf, ashwagandha
02-06-2020 07:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes CorvusGuardXIX's post:
Australia Sucks
redbeard Offline
Hummingbird
Gold Member

Anecdotally, I started taking this probiotic six months ago:

BioGaia Gastrus

Lately it seems like I’m getting sick less and when I do, it goes away faster.

"Every saint has a past, every sinner a future."
02-07-2020 12:47 AM
tiikaa Offline
Pigeon

Is anybody here taking Vitamin D and / or Alpha Lipoic Acid as a supplement for boosting the immune system (and booting the mitochondria inside our bodies) ? Any experiencies to share?
02-07-2020 06:28 PM
John Michael Kane Offline
Crow

Drink a bit of green tea regularly and that will certainly help too.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein
02-07-2020 11:07 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like John Michael Kane's post:
Australia Sucks, Lace em up
Lace em up Offline
Robin

Been eating an orange every AM, reduced coffee /increased green tea, taking an "Airborne" drink before dinner and a variety of non caffeinated herbal tea at night. Been going to bed early and rising before alarm clock. Washing hands often and being mindful of what I touch out in the wild. Practicing not rubbing eyes or touching face.

Lots of people coughing and sneezing here on East Coast of US. I use public transportation multiple times a day. Feeling fine.
02-10-2020 09:17 AM
Ruslan Online
Robin

(02-07-2020 12:47 AM)redbeard Wrote:  Anecdotally, I started taking this probiotic six months ago:

BioGaia Gastrus

Lately it seems like I’m getting sick less and when I do, it goes away faster.

A lot of immunity comes from healthy guts flora, so no wonder.

(02-07-2020 06:28 PM)tiikaa Wrote:  Is anybody here taking Vitamin D and / or Alpha Lipoic Acid as a supplement for boosting the immune system (and booting the mitochondria inside our bodies) ? Any experiencies to share?

I used vitamin D but rather high doses (50k I.U. a day), which requires to follow specific protocol.

(01-28-2020 12:59 PM)jcrew247 Wrote:  
(01-25-2020 12:03 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  Myself and a number of people I know got very sick when we took the flu-shot. I would tentatively say it took me several weeks to fully shake the effect of it.

Never again.

Yeah, same here. I hate to sound like an anti-vaxxer but after hearing some other stuff about how they made the polio vaccine with monkey viruses and in the process killed 100 kids along with the profit-motive makes me distrust Big Pharma. Its not just poor quality control but also that Big Pharma wants to make a profit and getting mandated national vaccines is the best surefire way to profit even if the flu vaccine is a placebo or useless or contaminated. There are even reports that soft-tissue cancers increaseed due to vaccinations. If you get a bad batch of vaccines with contamination or over-dosage then you will get seriously sick. Vaccines are suppose to be tiny diseases to build immunity but I seem to have gotten sick easily to the exposure of the flu shot. Contamination could have occurred if the vaccines were stored improperly maybe, such as leaving in room temps. I would never get a flu shot again and I've been fine. The only way kids should get vaccines is if they are older and their bodies can handle the vaccines. There are too many weakened kids out there that can't handle the vaccines now.

I sometimes take cold showers, but I usually will just run the water on my hair and body, then turn it off, lather soap, then turn on water again for rinsing. Is that what everyone else does? I try not to stay under the cold water and leave it on.

Do you realize that the term "anti-vaxxer" is similar to "homophobe", "conspiracy theorist", "pro-choice"? It is globo-homo speach to belittle and imply that those people called that terms are, crazy, delluded.
We all know who rules this world. They have it all, media, "culture", sports, politics, resources. Does anyone really think they would not be after medicine?

My thoughts are my deeds, my deeds are my words, my words are my habits.
02-13-2020 05:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | RooshV.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication