Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Alexa-like surveillance to fight 'microaggressions' in the workplace
Renzy Offline
Kingfisher

Alexa-like surveillance to fight 'microaggressions' in the workplace
If you thought #metoo was bad, just wait, it sounds like feminists are busy beavering away at new ways to make life miserable for the non-woke at work:

The Latest Feminist Idea Is 1984 Meets The Office

Researchers want to use Alexa-like surveillance to fight 'microaggressions' in the workplace.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/...he-office/

Quote:If researchers at Northeastern University have their way, one day soon we will go to work and have not only our words but our thoughts and feelings monitored and analyzed by a listening gadget just like the smart speaker in our kitchen. Associate professors Christoph Riedl and Brooke Foucault Welles are in receipt of a $1.5 million grant from the U.S. Army Research Laboratory to come up with just such a device. They will spend the next three years studying how teams interact with each other and with smart devices “using a combination of social science theories, machine learning, and audio-visual and physiological sensors.” A key aim for their final product will be to ensure “the equal inclusion of all team members.

Quote:This yet-to-be-invented machine is already being heralded for its potential to revolutionize equality and diversity in the workplace by alerting users to instances of implicit bias. It will record verbal and nonverbal cues, as well as the “physiological signals” shared between members of a team. Then, having noted and analyzed all these tiny interactions and non-interactions, the speaker will make recommendations for improving inclusivity and productivity.

This seems like such a quintessentially female form of technology - a device that eavesdrops on people's conversations for the purpose of micromanaging every single thing they can say. One of the aforementioned researchers, Brooke Foucault Welles, has been tweeting justifications on the need for such technology:

"I'm not like most girls" - most girls

If you have to whine, go drinking alone.
02-12-2020 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Renzy's post:
debeguiled, Australia Sucks, Handsome Creepy Eel, Salinger, Graft
BlastbeatCasanova Offline
Kingfisher

RE: Alexa-like surveillance to fight 'microaggressions' in the workplace
#OrwellWasRight, let’s get it trending. I remember I saw an article, probably on this forum about how diversity hiring and training is costing billions across the board. However when I looked it up I could only find articles on how bias and exclusion is costing companies billions. I guess that’s what I get for using Gulag
02-12-2020 01:22 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like BlastbeatCasanova's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Handsome Creepy Eel, CynicalContrarian
Roosh Offline
Eagle

Don't violate the verbal morality statues!

Roosh
http://www.rooshv.com
02-12-2020 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 12 users Like Roosh's post:
Cr33pin, Renzy, ilostabet, Australia Sucks, Leonard D Neubache, Tactician, Handsome Creepy Eel, MusicForThePiano, Monty_Brogan, DamienCasanova, John Michael Kane, Benoit
Openears Offline
Pigeon

I can't help being curious if it would bring the results that the "SJW" type would want. It would slap a smile on my face to hear the new tech decide the "patriarchy" is more polite.
02-12-2020 11:27 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Openears's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, MajorStyles
kel Offline
Woodpecker

Why is the Army giving out the grant for this kind of research?
02-13-2020 12:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 4 users Like kel's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, Renzy, Salinger, DamienCasanova
kel Offline
Woodpecker

(02-12-2020 11:27 PM)Openears Wrote:  I can't help being curious if it would bring the results that the "SJW" type would want. It would slap a smile on my face to hear the new tech decide the "patriarchy" is more polite.

They don't accept results that don't match their pre-drawn conclusions, so they'll just throw it out. They'll say this is just more proof of just how deep this problem goes. See also: the bias-reducing tech resume scanner that, shockingly, ranked men as more promising candidates in the overwhelmingly male software engineering field.
02-13-2020 12:22 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like kel's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Tactician, Handsome Creepy Eel
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

It's really beginning to seem like a major driver for these bias-inquisitors is the notion that the only reason nobody likes them is because of bias.

Are these the female version of the gamma male? The secret queens who can't get a date, can't hold down a job and can't maintain a functional social circle because "people's inherent biases are thwarting their ability to grant her the respect and admiration she should rightly command"?

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
02-13-2020 12:30 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, username, CynicalContrarian, DamienCasanova, John Michael Kane, pitbullowner
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

I actually agree with this technology. Bring it on! Because whenever people push for things like this it ends up backfiring.

Having worked in offices, I can tell you that the most biased, bigoted, vindictive, judgemental workers were the women. They would hand out assignments, promotions, and awards to their friends. It was a big circle jerk.

Conversely, the men were merit-based. You could be a one-eyed dwarf with body odor, but if you got the job done, the guys would bring you in time and time again.

Surveillance will expose women as Mean Girls and men as efficient. It will show WHY men are running companies and women aren't. I'd like to see it also track productivity and time wasted on B.S. socializing.

This technology should also be used in the education system to monitor the female teachers and track the different ways they treat boys and girls.

This reminds me of when newspapers and leftists pushed for police body cameras to expose the supposed anti-minority bias of cops. What the cameras revealed was urban minorities out of control.

So then the media furiously started backpedaling saying that recording people on camera was itself a racist act. Or something like that. Here's a Steve Sailer Unz article on the hilarity.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2020 12:34 AM by Days of Broken Arrows.)
02-13-2020 12:31 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Handsome Creepy Eel, CynicalContrarian, Dr. Howard, Xntrik, DamienCasanova, Benoit, PixelFree
Leonard D Neubache Offline
Owl
Gold Member

We are well past an evidence based approach.

As kel said, the results will be determined to be flawed and it will be abandoned at best.

My bet is that with proper funding they will simply begin coding with the outcome in mind rather than the process. That is to say "where program finds bias holder = female reduce result to zero".

Who is going to bother digging into the code? Even if they did, what then? A class action? So give years go by and maybe you win but by then they'll replace it with another rigged program that's a little more slick.

This garbage is never going to stop until the money runs out or we put an end to it ourselves.

God demands of Man responsibility. God demands of Woman vulnerability. These are their curse and blessing alike. Libertianism is to Man as Feminism is to Woman.
02-13-2020 12:46 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Leonard D Neubache's post:
Tactician, Handsome Creepy Eel, Salinger, DamienCasanova, John Michael Kane
Tactician Online
Kingfisher

And we all know the money won't run out.
02-13-2020 01:53 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Tactician's post:
Leonard D Neubache, Aurini, pitbullowner
Handsome Creepy Eel Offline
Owl
Gold Member

Note that this absolute garbage is funded by not just the US government, but its MILITARY.

I know it takes a long time for the lower level offices and swamp personnel to be cleaned out and flushed down the Pentagon's sewers, but somehow I am getting the feeling that the blockage at this point is simply too large to ever be cleaned up...

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2020 02:01 AM by Handsome Creepy Eel.)
02-13-2020 02:01 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Handsome Creepy Eel's post:
Tactician, Leonard D Neubache, Captainstabbin
kel Offline
Woodpecker

(02-13-2020 12:46 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  This garbage is never going to stop until the money runs out or we put an end to it ourselves.
(02-13-2020 01:53 AM)Tactician Wrote:  And we all know the money won't run out.

Woke-signalling corporations will dump huge amounts of money into it, and as this story shows even if they don't the government - the Army, at that - will subsidize it. Granted $1.5 million is practically zero when you're talking about modern finance and particularly government expenditures, but still it's so insulting to know that I - like any other American taxpayer reading this - paid for this research. You and I, all of us, we're paying these clowns to invent another spy device for our cages.
02-13-2020 02:13 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like kel's post:
Tactician, Leonard D Neubache
JohnKreese Offline
Pelican

Dr. Brooke Foucault's research project

Another FOUCAULT

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTcGpqUKUdBt6DrKH4zP...8USfvG-bn_]

uggghhh.....

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump
02-13-2020 05:20 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnKreese's post:
MajorStyles
homersheineken Offline
Sparrow

(02-13-2020 12:31 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  I actually agree with this technology. Bring it on! Because whenever people push for things like this it ends up backfiring.

Having worked in offices, I can tell you that the most biased, bigoted, vindictive, judgemental workers were the women. They would hand out assignments, promotions, and awards to their friends. It was a big circle jerk.

Conversely, the men were merit-based. You could be a one-eyed dwarf with body odor, but if you got the job done, the guys would bring you in time and time again.

Surveillance will expose women as Mean Girls and men as efficient. It will show WHY men are running companies and women aren't. I'd like to see it also track productivity and time wasted on B.S. socializing.

This technology should also be used in the education system to monitor the female teachers and track the different ways they treat boys and girls.

This reminds me of when newspapers and leftists pushed for police body cameras to expose the supposed anti-minority bias of cops. What the cameras revealed was urban minorities out of control.

So then the media furiously started backpedaling saying that recording people on camera was itself a racist act. Or something like that. Here's a Steve Sailer Unz article on the hilarity.

Except women will be immune to the consequences - the pussy pass. Just like now.
02-13-2020 12:03 PM
Days of Broken Arrows Offline
Crow
Gold Member

(02-13-2020 12:03 PM)homersheineken Wrote:  
(02-13-2020 12:31 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  I actually agree with this technology. Bring it on! Because whenever people push for things like this it ends up backfiring.

Except women will be immune to the consequences - the pussy pass. Just like now.

Maybe not, though. The pussy pass only works when women are answering to white men.

In this case, they'll be answering to the Diversity Police, many of whom are angry black and Indian women who already denounce them as privileged Beckys and Karens.

This is a subject of discussion now on Wesley Yang's Twitter feed and it's worth checking out.

Never underestimate the resentment dark-skinned women have for white women. Black and Indian woman know that if a white woman says "Jump!" most any minority male will answer with "How high?"

Once again, white women have been shot with their own gun. They yelled and screamed for diversity. They got it in the form of minority women who HATE them and want them out. White men were the least of white women's problems but they couldn't see that. Sad!
02-13-2020 12:25 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Days of Broken Arrows's post:
Enoch, DamienCasanova, Benoit, Gimlet
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(02-12-2020 11:27 PM)Openears Wrote:  I can't help being curious if it would bring the results that the "SJW" type would want. It would slap a smile on my face to hear the new tech decide the "patriarchy" is more polite.

Exactly. This is one of these situations wherein the thesis is already in place: i.e. straight, white non-Jewish men are the major propagators of racism and “exclusion.” The results of the study will have to be manipulated and doctored in order to reach this final conclusion.

For example, what happens if they find out that liberal white women are the major offenders in matters of workplace bullying? Or, what if they find out that single, black mothers are the most intolerant when it comes to dealing with FOTB foreigners? No doubt they will downplay the information, or hide it altogether.

Like so much modern academic research, this study begins with the thesis and then selectively chooses the research to match the claim.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
02-13-2020 12:38 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like MajorStyles's post:
Days of Broken Arrows, pitbullowner, username