Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Is it possible to recover memories?
Openears Offline
Pigeon

Is it possible to recover memories?
I'm wondering if anyone has been able to intentionally recover memories. I have about 10-20 minutes of time I want to recall, and don't know why it's missing.

The memory I want to access took place just before being assaulted. I was hit in the head, but not with weapons. I may have had a concussion (unsure), but walked away without significant/permanent injury. This is the only incidence of missing time I have ever had.

The more time passes (about 4 years now) the less detail I remember, so I figured no better time than now to ask.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2020 02:57 AM by Openears.)
02-16-2020 02:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
STEEL_WARRIOR Offline
Sparrow

RE: Is it possible to recover memories?
Not much chance of that happening. Fighters in the ring can't remember some of their fights.

If these dudes bounced your brain around in your skull a bit you were probably just running on auto-pilot, just your lizard brain working not the rest of it.
02-16-2020 03:16 AM
Lace em up Offline
Robin

4 years have passed? I'd think its not coming back. Maybe if someone else was there they can just calmly relay what happened. That might joggle some bits and pieces back, but to have a full memory, I doubt it.

Maybe try drawing what you can remember and try to fill in whats missing.

The brain is a strange thing.
02-17-2020 10:24 PM
joseph15 Offline
Sparrow

I think it's somewhere in your subconscious. I bet you'd be able to see it in a lucid dream or something.
02-17-2020 10:49 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes joseph15's post:
Lace em up