Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Why spirits and not beers
MrRoundtree Offline
Kingfisher

Why spirits and not beers
Can anybody elaborate on this? Aren't all alcohol types poison ultimately?

What about wine?
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 09:53 AM by MrRoundtree.)
03-01-2020 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
fr0st Offline
Pigeon

RE: Why spirits and not beers
Spirits: little to no calories, high %ABV so less is more-therefore you save money

Beer: Lots of calories so its easier to gain weight, low %ABV so you end up drinking more

Wine: low to medium %ABV, the antioxidants in wine allegedly are good for your heart

This is of course if you drink in moderation. Any alcohol in excess is poison and will damage your liver over time.
03-01-2020 01:32 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like fr0st's post:
DJ-Matt, Cr33pin, Emperor Constantine, bacani
Ruslan Offline
Robin

(03-01-2020 01:32 PM)fr0st Wrote:  Spirits: little to no calories, high %ABV so less is more-therefore you save money

Beer: Lots of calories so its easier to gain weight, low %ABV so you end up drinking more

Wine: low to medium %ABV, the antioxidants in wine allegedly are good for your heart

This is of course if you drink in moderation. Any alcohol in excess is poison and will damage your liver over time.

The info about calories isn't accurate. In a 50g shot of vodka there is about 100kcal, whislt a pint of beer contains 200kcal. Sprirts has the most calories, beers the least, and wine is inbetween.

My thoughts are my deeds, my deeds are my words, my words are my habits.
03-01-2020 01:40 PM
Zenta Offline
Woodpecker
Gold Member

I've always been under the understand Spirits are just simply "healthier" for you than beer is from a gluten free standpoint anyways.

I'm at the age though where any of the make me feel like shit the next day after drinking so I try to avoid it all.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 04:32 PM by Zenta.)
03-01-2020 04:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zenta's post:
Ruslan
Travola Offline
Banned

Spirits from the calorie, carb, sugars, lack of estrogen standpoint. As far as stuff like reservitrol or whatever, maybe wine, but, spirits usually.

The meme about beer causing bitch tits ('specially craft IPAs) if very much so true.

Do yourself a favor, if drinking spirits do it with soda water, neat or on ice, or if you absolutely must diet soda.
03-01-2020 10:24 PM