Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

On Finding a Youth Sports Program That is NOT Co-Ed
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

On Finding a Youth Sports Program That is NOT Co-Ed
Background info: I have two young children—a daughter that is 5 and a son that is 2. I am looking to enroll them both in youth sports (my daughter more immediately).

The Problem: Everything that I currently see is co-ed: baseball, basketball, soccer, etc.

My Opinion: I believe that girls should play with girls and boys should play with boys (generally speaking). However, it seems as if a great change has taken place since my childhood in the 1970s. When I was a boy, there were no co-ed sports to my knowledge. Fast forward 40 years, and it appears that the reverse is true: now everything appears to be co-ed. I see this as a challenge when it comes to raising my children.

Thoughts? Advice? Any useful tips are appreciated.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
03-01-2020 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like MajorStyles's post:
Feyoder, Rob Banks
TigOlBitties Offline
Kingfisher

RE: On Finding a Youth Sports Program That is NOT Co-Ed
It will be tough when they're that young. Even hockey can be co-ed (insane), and there are girls playing Pop Warner football (also insane). You might have to wait until they're older and boys' skill level starts to drastically overtake the girls. Travel sports are also generally based on merit, so no girls with the boys.

It also might depend on where you live. I live in limp wristed Seattle, so the fathers here are cucks with no balls and enable this nonsense to the extreme. It might be less obnoxious in other places, although I dealt with it in Chicago too.

More physical sports will generally have less girls. Youth soccer is the worst with the co-ed nonsense.
03-01-2020 09:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigOlBitties's post:
MajorStyles
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(03-01-2020 09:44 PM)TigOlBitties Wrote:  It will be tough when they're that young. Even hockey can be co-ed (insane), and there are girls playing Pop Warner football (also insane). You might have to wait until they're older and boys' skill level starts to drastically overtake the girls. Travel sports are also generally based on merit, so no girls with the boys.

It also might depend on where you live. I live in limp wristed Seattle, so the fathers here are cucks with no balls and enable this nonsense to the extreme. It might be less obnoxious in other places, although I dealt with it in Chicago too.

More physical sports will generally have less girls. Youth soccer is the worst with the co-ed nonsense.

That's been the most disheartening thing. Not the children per se, because it's not really their fault: they are only children after all.

The blame goes to the adults that enthusiastically organize the activities.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 10:02 PM by MajorStyles.)
03-01-2020 10:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MajorStyles's post:
Feyoder
Feyoder Offline
Sparrow

That's really sad and another tool of person / societal corruption. I looked at boxing around me at one point and 99% of the places were full of women (tatted up tank girl sluts. As you would expect). And the men would spar with the girls. Disgusting (and dangerous if the men weren't too scared to hold back).

Another thing to think about when choosing where to raise kids. And sports is important.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2020 11:41 PM by Feyoder.)
03-01-2020 11:41 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Feyoder's post:
MajorStyles, Rob Banks
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(03-01-2020 11:41 PM)Feyoder Wrote:  That's really sad and another tool of person / societal corruption. I looked at boxing around me at one point and 99% of the places were full of women (tatted up tank girl sluts. As you would expect). And the men would spar with the girls. Disgusting (and dangerous if the men weren't too scared to hold back).

Another thing to think about when choosing where to raise kids. And sports is important.

It's interesting that you say that, because boxing an option I was considering for my son. But not that you say it's been pozzed as well, then that is a bummer.

I might have to organize my own events. Perhaps something related to the outdoors.

03-02-2020 12:09 AM
Blake2 Away
Robin

[Image: o.jpg]

A man should never be ashamed to own that he is wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.
-Alexander Pope
03-02-2020 11:36 AM
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(03-02-2020 11:36 AM)Blake2 Wrote:  [Image: o.jpg]

The decline of America, presented in photo.

03-02-2020 03:05 PM
Tex Cruise Offline
Kingfisher

Since your son is some years away from playing sports yet, I'll start with what I think is a suitable sport for girls.

I'm not sure how common it is where you are, but in Australia, or at least my part of Australia, Netball is by far the most popular sport for young girls.

Almost any girl from 5-17 with an interest in sport around here plays Netball, and as the original form of womens basketball, it is exclusively for girls.

Maybe worth checking out if there are any Netball clubs in your area.

(01-19-2016 11:26 PM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  I stand by my analysis.
03-02-2020 09:38 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tex Cruise's post:
MajorStyles
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(03-02-2020 09:38 PM)Tex Cruise Wrote:  Since your son is some years away from playing sports yet, I'll start with what I think is a suitable sport for girls.

I'm not sure how common it is where you are, but in Australia, or at least my part of Australia, Netball is by far the most popular sport for young girls.

Almost any girl from 5-17 with an interest in sport around here plays Netball, and as the original form of womens basketball, it is exclusively for girls.

Maybe worth checking out if there are any Netball clubs in your area.

Thank you, Tex. I appreciate the info.

03-02-2020 11:34 PM
Rob Banks Online
Kingfisher

I once read somewhere that, under Christianity, women and girls can play sports but men and boys should be barred from watching or attending the events. What do you guys think about this?

I suppose for girls as young as OP's daughter it wouldn't make sense to bar the fathers from attending, but what about for teenage girls and women? Would you be comfortable with your high school-aged daughter wearing tights or short-shorts and playing sports in a gym full of boys and men who are looking at them (possibly with lust)?

On a related note, I recently came across this video in which a boy in high school forfeits a wrestling match because he doesn't want to wrestle a girl. In the interview, the boy kept alluding to the "awkward positions" you get into during a wrestling match (i.e. he didn't want to grope a girl and grab her crotch in front of the whole school), and the stupid reporter interviewing him just doesn't get it and tries to paint him as sexist:

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2020 11:53 PM by Rob Banks.)
03-02-2020 11:49 PM
MajorStyles Offline
Kingfisher

(03-02-2020 11:49 PM)Rob Banks Wrote:  Would you be comfortable with your high school-aged daughter wearing tights or short-shorts and playing sports in a gym full of boys and men who are looking at them (possibly with lust)?

Good question. My instinct tells me that there is no reason for teenage girls to be playing public sports, since it will just turn into an attention whoring activity, or an opportunity to show off for some high school Chad.

(03-02-2020 11:49 PM)Rob Banks Wrote:  On a related note, I recently came across this video in which a boy in high school forfeits a wrestling match because he doesn't want to wrestle a girl. In the interview, the boy kept alluding to the "awkward positions" you get into during a wrestling match (i.e. he didn't want to grope a girl and grab her crotch in front of the whole school), and the stupid reporter interviewing him just doesn't get it and tries to paint him as sexist:

That video is evidence of how grave the situation is. A young boy tries to demonstrate logic and is roasted by the national media. We are in trouble as a nation.

03-03-2020 01:25 AM