Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Female airline pilots
Towgunner Offline
Sparrow

Female airline pilots
Recently I've seen an uptick in the portrayal of female airline pilots. Airline pilots have a bit of a romantic appeal to it. They're kind of dashing individuals. A bit of a risk taker, after all, flying is the second most popular phobia next to public speaking.

Although it does not offer the kinds of salaries it once did, a 747 pilot would make about $500,000.00/yr in the 1980s, it still garners respect and it is perceived as a male pursuit.

Enter stupid ass feminist bean counters. That's all it takes, something that is mostly male and commands respect means feminist have to get it. Most people probably still think commercial pilots make bank, so whether this is true or not, does not matter. After all its all about controlling the image and making an impression.

I find this so disgusting. I really do.I do fly often and yes compared to years before there are more female pilots. But, are there tons of female pilot? No. In fact, the ones that exist today I attribute to products of social engineering.

If this just happened and we lived in a society free of social engineering than I'd have no argument here. But we do, and the social engineering is systemic.

I feel women are trying very hard to overcompensate for their perceived weaknesses. And they just don't realize how obvious their overcompensation is, which makes this whole thing doubly pathetic.

We all have to over compensate for our shortcomings, but, the way "they" go about it. They don't wait for females to get into STEM or commercial aviation, they, first portray them as though every other pilot is a female and then look for any effects. And when they don't see their intended effects, i.e a handful of gullible women go into aviation, than they double down and press harder.

This is destroying our media industry as its clear woke is obnoxious. Let people be what they want too. The asshat feminist telling them they're weak because they don't fly airplanes or design mainframes are the only people telling them they're weak. Men do not perceive such things as weak. Following the lead of someone else, being gullible, conforming and overcompensating for a weakness IS weakness.

BTW, I know a thing or two about flying. The fucking planes fly themselves. Before you know it, it will be pilotless planes anyway. No very practical feminists, but, its not about that anyway, you just want to be seen as cool and powerful.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 11:12 AM by Towgunner.)
03-10-2020 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Towgunner's post:
Neo2
sanbruno Offline
Sparrow

RE: Female airline pilots
(03-10-2020 11:10 AM)Towgunner Wrote:  Recently I've seen an uptick in the portrayal of female airline pilots. Airline pilots have a bit of a romantic appeal to it. They're kind of dashing individuals. A bit of a risk taker, after all, flying is the second most popular phobia next to public speaking.

Although it does not offer the kinds of salaries it once did, a 747 pilot would make about $500,000.00/yr in the 1980s, it still garners respect and it is perceived as a male pursuit.

Enter stupid ass feminist bean counters. That's all it takes, something that is mostly male and commands respect means feminist have to get it. Most people probably still think commercial pilots make bank, so whether this is true or not, does not matter. After all its all about controlling the image and making an impression.

I find this so disgusting. I really do.I do fly often and yes compared to years before there are more female pilots. But, are there tons of female pilot? No. In fact, the ones that exist today I attribute to products of social engineering.

If this just happened and we lived in a society free of social engineering than I'd have no argument here. But we do, and the social engineering is systemic.

I feel women are trying very hard to overcompensate for their perceived weaknesses. And they just don't realize how obvious their overcompensation is, which makes this whole thing doubly pathetic.

We all have to over compensate for our shortcomings, but, the way "they" go about it. They don't wait for females to get into STEM or commercial aviation, they, first portray them as though every other pilot is a female and then look for any effects. And when they don't see their intended effects, i.e a handful of gullible women go into aviation, than they double down and press harder.

This is destroying our media industry as its clear woke is obnoxious. Let people be what they want too. The asshat feminist telling them they're weak because they don't fly airplanes or design mainframes are the only people telling them they're weak. Men do not perceive such things as weak. Following the lead of someone else, being gullible, conforming and overcompensating for a weakness IS weakness.

BTW, I know a thing or two about flying. The fucking planes fly themselves. Before you know it, it will be pilotless planes anyway. No very practical feminists, but, its not about that anyway, you just want to be seen as cool and powerful.

It’s partly because being a flight attendant is no longer particularly glamorous, and the money is absolute shit until you rack up enough seniority (if you are lucky enough to work for a unionized legacy). Pilots are the last vestige of prestige in an industry that pretty much pays shit wages actoss the board, along with the shit people you have to deal with now. So women that in the past would have happily doned a sexy uniform and basked in attention from Don Draper types in the cabin, now want the still somewhat prestigious status of pilots and the access to men in those positions. Most non-senior pilots don’t make much money anymore either, but as we all know, women are more interested in starring in their own personal fairy tale subsidized by men, then ever facing rational decisions. I actually don’t blame women for pursuing it though, its still heavily male and its pretty much guaranteed to maximize her SMV among a group of typically above average men.
03-10-2020 12:03 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like sanbruno's post:
Thoughtcrime, C-Note, JiggyLordJr, Renzy
Barron Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Other than takeoffs and landings I'm fine with it

two scoops
two genders
two terms
03-10-2020 12:05 PM
[-] The following 9 users Like Barron's post:
Latan, bucky, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, joost, C-Note, JiggyLordJr, d'Aversa, Gusamaso, bacani
Towgunner Offline
Sparrow

(03-10-2020 12:03 PM)sanbruno Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 11:10 AM)Towgunner Wrote:  Recently I've seen an uptick in the portrayal of female airline pilots. Airline pilots have a bit of a romantic appeal to it. They're kind of dashing individuals. A bit of a risk taker, after all, flying is the second most popular phobia next to public speaking.

It’s partly because being a flight attendant is no longer particularly glamorous, and the money is absolute shit until you rack up enough seniority (if you are lucky enough to work for a unionized legacy). Pilots are the last vestige of prestige in an industry that pretty much pays shit wages actoss the board, along with the shit people you have to deal with now. So women that in the past would have happily doned a sexy uniform and basked in attention from Don Draper types in the cabin, now want the still somewhat prestigious status of pilots and the access to men in those positions. Most non-senior pilots don’t make much money anymore either, but as we all know, women are more interested in starring in their own personal fairy tale subsidized by men, then ever facing rational decisions. I actually don’t blame women for pursuing it though, its still heavily male and its pretty much guaranteed to maximize her SMV among a group of typically above average men.

So true the pay is terrible. You're basically a glorified bus driver. I recall hearing horror stories in the early 2000s. Prior to 911, the skies were full. Afterwards, dozens were furloughed. And those that were lucky enough to have a job took one pay cut after the next.

They even manage to make airports and the planes bland and uninspiring. We used to have L1011s, 727s, DC 10s. Now its just Airbus and Boeing. Same design. low brace wing with two engines mounted. It won't be too long before all four engine planes disappear. They're too expensive. At least for now we can enjoy AB A340s, 747-400s and 800s, and the A380. I can't tell the difference between a 787 and a 737.

Speaking of Boeing, someone on this forum pointed out that they bragged about the first female senior engineer, and then all this shit about the 737 max came out. Shit is getting stupid. Its one thing if you have a token minority hire here and there, but, designing airplanes?
03-10-2020 12:39 PM
kel Online
Kingfisher

(03-10-2020 11:10 AM)Towgunner Wrote:  I feel women are trying very hard to overcompensate for their perceived weaknesses. And they just don't realize how obvious their overcompensation is, which makes this whole thing doubly pathetic.

What's worst is that it's overcompensating at pointless things that they don't really care about in the first place. Like being a pilot in your example. Maybe in the 60s being a pilot was sexy, but now they're seen as airborne taxi drivers. As I understand it, it's kind of a middling job with surprisingly low pay. You often have to spend nights away from home, and while you're low on the totem pole you'll be required to move somewhere unfamiliar and fly a less desirable route (though female pilots can likely jump the queue). Going through all that is smashing the patriarchy how, exactly?

A lot of these jobs, even the more prestigious ones, that women seek to "smash the patriarchy" are, in the end, just jobs. Means to an end. The guy that filled it before them saw it as a paycheck, and hopefully somewhere he could be proud of doing a good job, but probably not the be-all-and-end-all of his life. It was what he did to enable the rest of his life. Women will completely abandon any sentiment of a meaningful personal life (meaningful = not just instagramming your coffee) in order to "score" some kind of middle manager position and make that define them.

(03-10-2020 11:10 AM)Towgunner Wrote:  And when they don't see their intended effects, i.e a handful of gullible women go into aviation, than they double down and press harder.

This is the left at large, especially the managerial class of the left (adjunct professors, HR reps, diversity and social media consultants at an ad firm, etc). The "intellectual but idiot" class as Nassim Nicholas Taleb calls them, "the annointed" as Thomas Sowell calls them. They have an idea to completely upend society or some subsection thereof based on their personal feels and politics contrary to the conventions that developed organically over a long time because they proved to be beneficial. And when their clumsy attempt at doing top-down management of something they didn't understand in the first place inevitably turns into a disaster, that's just taken as proof of how bad the problem is and how we need to add a few more zeroes to that budget so we can really work on the problem. There is never, ever, any reflection, and reconsideration, any dispassionate, rational look at what was done and how it ended up. Only religious dogma.
03-10-2020 12:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like kel's post:
Towgunner, Thersites
brando Away
Sparrow

Females in anything once male-dominated is fucking awful. I’m not sure if the inverse is true though. But I know guys who work in construction, welding/steam fitting/mechanical/electrical, occasionally they say they’ll get a woman who gets it and works herself like the rest. But then mostly they’re the ones crying and moaning about things, not understanding chain of command, fighting for maternity leave in a system where you don’t get paid if you don’t work, and ratting out mistakes to supervisors instead of learning and fixing on the spot and telling the dude straight up. They can’t take criticism and have no conception of how comradery is developed with a group of guys trying to make sense of their already difficult trades.

They bring that HR office mindset to this, I always thought they were the more socially and emotionally intelligent. But now I chalk that up to estrogen and feeling more than practice and reading the room and making good decisions.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 12:58 PM by brando.)
03-10-2020 12:57 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like brando's post:
Bury Zenek, Renzy, Gusamaso, bacani
Rob Banks Online
Kingfisher

I've flown on commercial airlines many times throughout my life. I have NEVER had a female pilot.
03-10-2020 01:02 PM
Enoch Offline
Ostrich

I was really hoping this was going to be more of a visual thread, with tasteful pictures of attractive female airline pilots suitable for long term relationships and procreative sex.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020 01:06 PM by Enoch.)
03-10-2020 01:06 PM
[-] The following 8 users Like Enoch's post:
Captainstabbin, Yatagan, Tactician, RoastBeefCurtains4Me, DJ-Matt, joost, C-Note, bacani
American_Pharaoh Offline
Pigeon

What I’ve found striking is the amount of you go girl/ girl empowerment in the magazine for free provided by the airline(just flew delta recently) and it was chock full it it’s like there’s not even a half assed attempt at propaganda lol
03-10-2020 01:54 PM
kel Online
Kingfisher

(03-10-2020 01:54 PM)American_Pharaoh Wrote:  What I’ve found striking is the amount of you go girl/ girl empowerment in the magazine for free provided by the airline(just flew delta recently) and it was chock full it it’s like there’s not even a half assed attempt at propaganda lol

It's so omnipresent and I really wonder if most people really don't notice how forced this meme is, or if they do but don't care because muh wahman.

As I've said elsewhere, I travel a lot for business, usually staying in airbnbs but sometimes hotels, and the hotels always have the local culture and events magazine in the room, and it seems like every one has a cover story of "# [placename]ian women redefining the city!". Their "redefinition" is almost always in the form of some corporate modern art eyesore or a café that looks like an apple store, and why I - particularly as a visitor - should prefer this new wahman-consoomer-oriented Beirut/Hanoi/Madrid over the old one is never really answered.
03-10-2020 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Captainstabbin Offline
Hummingbird

I wonder if female pilots take more selfies than their male counterparts.

[Image: eXoJJA1.jpg]
03-10-2020 04:11 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Captainstabbin's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me, Enoch, DJ-Matt, Gusamaso, bacani
eradicator Online
Peacock
Gold Member

Wb^

Team yoga pants
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UoeQOC-5iw&t=143s[/video]
03-10-2020 04:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes eradicator's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
Bury Zenek Offline
Woodpecker

At mile high.

George Carlin - You are all diseased! (1999)
03-10-2020 04:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bury Zenek's post:
RoastBeefCurtains4Me
sanbruno Offline
Sparrow

(03-10-2020 01:54 PM)American_Pharaoh Wrote:  What I’ve found striking is the amount of you go girl/ girl empowerment in the magazine for free provided by the airline(just flew delta recently) and it was chock full it it’s like there’s not even a half assed attempt at propaganda lol

There probably isn’t a single straight male involved in the production of those magazines. We live in a society where you can increasingly escape the real world and bury yourself in a feel good echo chamber of narcissism, fantasy, delusion, whatever. Women and soys run from reality and seek to legitimize their delusions. These feel good stories about women are how every women views herself doing anything. It’s all a fantasy, and when the business fails or they screw up, rather than face any of it... it will be man’s fault, and they will seek out a provider to maintain their lifestyle and avoid any pesky self reflection.
03-10-2020 05:49 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like sanbruno's post:
kel, Neo2
Yatagan Offline
Pelican
Gold Member

Advertising agencies are trying to promote women in ground crews too.

03-10-2020 06:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yatagan's post:
Simeon_Strangelight
N°6 Offline
Ostrich

Flying is a profession in decline. Like other institutions when women move in, decline has already set in. You can see the same in the Protestant churches, the military, white collar professions and movie franchises.

Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women; they have destroyed kings. (Proverbs 31:3 GNB)
03-11-2020 03:55 PM
C-Note Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

After Tammie Jo Shults, the female captain of a Southwest Airlines flight safely landed the aircraft after one of the engines basically exploded, liberal outlets like CNN and the Daily Beast were gleefully telling her story as a great example of Girl Power! Like this.... This included my liberal acquaintances on Facebook.

Shortly, it came out that she had graduated from a religious university, was a dedicated Christian, and likely a Trump supporter:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...hults.html
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019...steel.html
https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/tammie-jo...gine-hero/

I reminded my liberal friends about this on Facebook and they went silent. The mainstream media didn't go completely silent, but they didn't promote the story as much as they probably would have if she had turned out to be a Trump hater.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 01:24 PM by C-Note.)
03-12-2020 01:16 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like C-Note's post:
Towgunner, Yatagan, bacani
Barron Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

(03-10-2020 04:11 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  I wonder if female pilots take more selfies than their male counterparts.

[Image: eXoJJA1.jpg]

Masculine jawline and thousand cock stare (distant pupils with glossy irises) from hell.
Absolutely disgusting human being doing the only thing it knows how to validate its sad life choices.

Would Not Board.

two scoops
two genders
two terms
03-13-2020 06:34 AM
JiggyLordJr Offline
Woodpecker

It'll be automated soon - who cares?
03-13-2020 12:04 PM