I'm Touring The United States! Starting in June, I'm conducting private events in 23 American cities. Click here for full details.

Why I Need to Learn French
jdelisi Offline
Recovering Beta

Why I Need to Learn French
Just got back from the Dominican Republic, and I spent 3 days in a resort in Punta Cana. I was surrounded by French girls who spoke no english, and since i don't speak French, could not converse. This is my motivation to learn the language. Funny thing is, I have been running into hot french girls who speak no english for years, but now I know i need to learn French to have a shot with these girls. Many of them are pretty hot, and I have been missing opportunities. Plus my spanish is high intermediate level, so I think it is time to move on.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 07:47 PM by jdelisi.)
11-04-2011 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
chochemonger1 Offline
Banned

RE: Why I Need to Learn French
(11-04-2011 07:07 PM)jdelisi Wrote:  Just got back from the Dominican Republic, and I spent 3 days in a resort in Punta Cana. I was surrounded by French girls who spoke no english, and since i don't speak French, could not converse. This is my motivation to learn the language. Funny thing is, I have been running into hot french girls who speak no english for years, but now I know i need to learn to converse with these girls if I have any shot. Many of them are pretty hot, and I have been missing opportunities. Plus my spanish is high intermediate level, so I think it is time to move on.
Though french is no longer, practically speaking, that useful of a language in terms of pick up, it always seems to delight most chicks everywhere
I would recommend taking a 3 months intensive course that focuses on speaking and phonetics. Then immediately, if you can, go and for stay for 2 to 3 months in a city like Montreal or a 2nd tier city in France.
I took a french class in college, went straight to Paris and got a job at Eurodisney. After 3 months I was conversationally fluent. In terms of learning fast, it helped alot knowing English and Spanish. When I got back I spoke way better than most of the students in the advance french class I took the following semester.
Unfortunately I have not practiced much the last few years and I havent had your luck running into hot french girls during my travels. Also, now that I speak fluent portuguese, I mix and confuse alot of words.
11-04-2011 07:52 PM
Luvianka Offline
Wingman
Silver Member

(11-04-2011 07:07 PM)jdelisi Wrote:  Just got back from the Dominican Republic, and I spent 3 days in a resort in Punta Cana. I was surrounded by French girls who spoke no english, and since i don't speak French, could not converse. This is my motivation to learn the language. Funny thing is, I have been running into hot french girls who speak no english for years, but now I know i need to learn French to have a shot with these girls. Many of them are pretty hot, and I have been missing opportunities. Plus my spanish is high intermediate level, so I think it is time to move on.

Were you at The Club Med?

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.
11-04-2011 08:50 PM
canucktraveller Offline
Chubby Chaser

Interesting, which resort? Might make a trip to put my french to use

As to learning french... you are way ahead of the game knowing spanish ( i find my self slowly learning basic spanish because it is so similar to french)

Taking french classes is probably your best bet, and if you can make a trip to Ontario/Quebec they are easy to find
11-04-2011 09:07 PM
Soma Away
True Player
Gold Member

(11-04-2011 09:07 PM)canucktraveller Wrote:  Interesting, which resort? Might make a trip to put my french to use

As to learning french... you are way ahead of the game knowing spanish ( i find my self slowly learning basic spanish because it is so similar to french)

Taking french classes is probably your best bet, and if you can make a trip to Ontario/Quebec they are easy to find

Ya, but you don't want to pick up a Quebecois accent if your primary goal is to hit on French girls (from France).

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?
11-04-2011 10:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are French girls really easy? International Playa 5 2,911 05-30-2019 04:09 AM
Last Post: montaigne
  Are french women overrated? hayesbrandon30 275 116,597 03-07-2019 12:18 AM
Last Post: LeBaron
  Italian or French riviera Marco 18 19,441 07-22-2018 11:38 AM
Last Post: Rob_Samma