“Diversity” ruining entertainment

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
Just an internet search of “the unbearable whiteness of” brings up dozens of articles written about activities White people like and do and why those activities “need” more diversity or to be eliminated completely.
Example:
View attachment 41708View attachment 41709

Wicked and Satanic. But also to Ghettotize Ethnic groups and get them to fight each other whilst removing the Harmony that Christianity brings to all Nations in the Body of Christ.

So as to make us desire a World Government to bring peace and order but under the Anti-Christ.

Renzy

Pelican
Catholic
I think the problem is that it's straight-up propaganda, not the "diversity." The producers are 98%+ white people creating a weird alternate universe where they use race to make a point about class differences and sexual orientation.

I agree that it's not just "diversity", it's the way they make it feel so forced nowadays, like you're being lectured instead of entertained.

If you go back and watch action movies from the 80s, you'll see that the casts back then were diverse, but it's something most people never drew attention too because it wasn't being used as a political cudgel by the Left. For example, movies like Predator had a diverse cast - Billy (Indian), Mac & Dillon (black), Poncho & Anna (latino), Blain (Southern white) - but that was never held up as some sort of SJW triumph. Ironically the closest friendship in that movie was between a redneck (Blain) and a black guy (Mac):

psmcch9jouf71.jpg

Other posters have mentioned movies like T2 and Aliens. You had strong women in those roles but they never came off as antagonistic towards men the way they do now. These days the "strong woman" trope comes across as barely concealed feminist contempt for men.

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
I saw a interesting "travel" show on a recent plane flight. It's called The World's Most Extraordinary Homes and an architect and ?interior designer? / female travel around the world to visit interesting unique homes and talk to their owners and designers.

It's diverse in the good way -- traditional Japanese design found in Japan, comparing that to traditional European design in Spain, etc. Of course it's not all traditional, but often a mix of the old and the new. True diversity where different things are separated and preserved is good.

Selectivity in adopting what's best suits all sides even from others is a praiseworthy trait. If all everyone is homogenous and not distinct Nations. We wouldn't for example have access to the range of solutions to any particular problems so as to shop around the best.

The Irish Potato famine for example is the result of the lack of Genetic Diversity as all the Potatoes were clones rather than having slight variations between each other from seed potatoes. Leading to the disease the wiped out the potatoes of Ireland:

Of course this good thing has been distorted by "diversity" by the mandatory homogenization of everything through the abolition of all distinctions that make everything what they are. Inverting the meaning whilst using the word. "A" not being "A"

Just as "woman" whilst having diversity is inherently limited in order to be "woman" so it is with everything else. By abolishing standards they abolish distinction.

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
The Irish Potato famine for example is the result of the lack of Genetic Diversity as all the Potatoes were clones rather than having slight variations between each other from seed potatoes. Leading to the disease the wiped out the potatoes of Ireland:

This reminds me of a comment I read recently: "The Irish died because they're morons who don't understand crop rotation"

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
Vasquez was able to handle banter. That is worthy of respect in its own way. Being butthurt from banter isn't a good sign of inner security. It shows there is chinks in the armor that can be exploited.

I think there were a lot more women breaking into traditionally male roles in the 80s/early 90s because they were actually competent or had an interest in the job (so they had to suck it up). Now with everybody goes to college/more women than men graduating, there are a lot more women who probably would have been working in a typing pool or volunteering while being a housewife, or something similar idk

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
I agree that it's not just "diversity", it's the way they make it feel so forced nowadays, like you're being lectured instead of entertained.

If you go back and watch action movies from the 80s, you'll see that the casts back then were diverse, but it's something most people never drew attention too because it wasn't being used as a political cudgel by the Left. For example, movies like Predator had a diverse cast - Billy (Indian), Mac & Dillon (black), Poncho & Anna (latino), Blain (Southern white) - but that was never held up as some sort of SJW triumph. Ironically the closest friendship in that movie was between a redneck (Blain) and a black guy (Mac):

psmcch9jouf71.jpg

Other posters have mentioned movies like T2 and Aliens. You had strong women in those roles but they never came off as antagonistic towards men the way they do now. These days the "strong woman" trope comes across as barely concealed feminist contempt for men.

Full Metal Jacket is another good example of this, Adam Baldwin's character on one hand makes openly racist jokes but on the other hand is legitimately best friends with a black guy.

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
Full Metal Jacket is another good example of this, Adam Baldwin's character on one hand makes openly racist jokes but on the other hand is legitimately best friends with a black guy.

Exactly. His character probably doesn't care for black people in general, but at the same time, you can tell that he's developed a bond with that man and would lay down his life for him.

This is real-life behavior that was allowed to be displayed back in those times. No one questioned it. No one called characters like those, racists. It was all very normal and accepted behavior.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
It’s like when people ask me what my favorite movies are. I say aliens and psycho. Sometimes someone will ask which psycho to which I give them the stink eye. How dare anyone ask that. There is only ONE psycho.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like Willow/Labyrinth/The Dark Crystal lol Jim Henson was into some weird stuff.
Maybe haha :) Jim Henson was kind of kookie but I think his intentions were good. I used to watch the “behind the scenes” shows about how they used to make the puppets and the creativity and craftsmanship that went into them was pretty amazing. The sets were also very original and super detailed. On a side note about The Dark Crystal, there are some interesting interpretations of the film…

No. I have not played that video yet. Not willow. Please. Not willow or labyrinth.
They’ll come for Legend next. Mark my words.

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
Maybe haha :) Jim Henson was kind of kookie but I think his intentions were good. I used to watch the “behind the scenes” shows about how they used to make the puppets and the creativity and craftsmanship that went into them was pretty amazing. The sets were also very original and super detailed. On a side note about The Dark Crystal, there are some interesting interpretations of the film…

Yeah, I like the Muppets. Return to Oz is one of my favorite movies and has some creature shop stuff (Brian Henson worked on it though, I don't think Jim was directly involved). They made the plot a thinly veiled story about MK-ULTRA and the main villian is stealing people's lifeforce/spirit/soul whatever to become more human. Walter Murch, the editor from The Godfather, directed it and got blacklisted from directing again.

I tried to like Willow. Maybe if I saw as a kid I would have liked it more.

hedonist

Kingfisher
Other Christian
The world's Manliest Men as portrayed in the film when facing Human beings make short work of their enemies.

But when they encounter the Predator all the other Men aside from Arnold gets killed.

Arnold gets beaten within an inch of his life because the Predator is so much more stronger than human beings but is saved when he fell into mud. Shielding him from heat detection. Then Arnold relies on resourcefulness and ingenuity to defeat the Predator. Because he cannot match the Predator in straight up fighting skill.

Making traps and fashioning primitive weapons. And featuring lots of running away, hiding covered in Mud. Before he wins by the skin of his teeth.

I'd like to make one objection....Shawn Black for making "The Predator", I guess that's why he was the first one killed in the original :laughter:

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Yeah, I like the Muppets. Return to Oz is one of my favorite movies and has some creature shop stuff (Brian Henson worked on it though, I don't think Jim was directly involved). They made the plot a thinly veiled story about MK-ULTRA and the main villian is stealing people's lifeforce/spirit/soul whatever to become more human. Walter Murch, the editor from The Godfather, directed it and got blacklisted from directing again.

I tried to like Willow. Maybe if I saw as a kid I would have liked it more.
I really like Return to Oz too. Jack always made my heart ache. He’s such an endearing character. And the sandwich pails always looked so delicious lol. That was a pretty intense movie though… Some very serious themes: the mental hospital, shock therapy, deception, switching heads, etc. I never thought about it in a MK-Ultra perspective but that definitely fits.