“Diversity” ruining entertainment

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Yeah, I like the Muppets. Return to Oz is one of my favorite movies and has some creature shop stuff (Brian Henson worked on it though, I don't think Jim was directly involved). They made the plot a thinly veiled story about MK-ULTRA and the main villian is stealing people's lifeforce/spirit/soul whatever to become more human. Walter Murch, the editor from The Godfather, directed it and got blacklisted from directing again.

I tried to like Willow. Maybe if I saw as a kid I would have liked it more.
Wow no one I know has heard of return to Oz. I loved it. Especially the witch with all those heads locked up!!!!!! Legend was good as well. Before Tom Cruise got all weird.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
I really like Return to Oz too. Jack always made my heart ache. He’s such an endearing character. And the sandwich pails always looked so delicious lol. That was a pretty intense movie though… Some very serious themes: the mental hospital, shock therapy, deception, switching heads, etc. I never thought about it in a MK-Ultra perspective but that definitely fits.
What about the chicken! The Nome King doesn’t allow chickens anywhere in Oz!

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
I also have a feeling if they remake labyrinth the goblin king will be a tranny. They will say look David Bowie looked all feminine in the original so he was obviously channeling his inner tranny. Nope he was just an odd entertainer and it fit him. But the new goblin king will definitely be trans. Edit now I have ground control to major Tom in my head. Thanks Bowie.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
Hey Altas, got a new promo trailer for you… it actually looks like it could’ve been a really sweet real life version of the original. Don’t laugh at the end… :squintlol:

Edit: Tom Hanks and his wife are supposedly Orthodox Christians… how can he be in and support this movie?

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
Hey Altas, got a new promo trailer for you… it actually looks like it could’ve been a really sweet real life version of the original. Don’t laugh at the end… :squintlol:

Edit: Tom Hanks and his wife are supposedly Orthodox Christians… how can he be in and support this movie?

Tom Hanks is pretty sketchy.

All these CGI remakes are so bad.

Argus101

Robin
Protestant

Tom Hanks won a Best Actor Oscar for starring in an even worse movie, "Philadelphia," about a lawyer who hides his homosexuality while working
for a large law firm and is fired after his partners discover he has AIDS. He sues the law firm for discrimination and wins millions of dollars in damages, thus establishing the legal principle that there is no right of free association (or free speech, either!) in America, and workers can't be
fired if they indulge in degenerate behavior that makes them fatally ill or infectious to people around them in the office or at home or in bars.

FutureCatLady

Sparrow
Woman
Catholic
I have noticed that Hollywood/media is using transgender women to play stereotypical “hot girl” roles. The funny thing is that it is sort of kept secret of course until you look up the “actress.” I was shocked to find out several models and B grade actresses were actually men. It’s like why not use authentic women to play the hot girl?

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Tom Hanks won a Best Actor Oscar for starring in an even worse movie, "Philadelphia," about a lawyer who hides his homosexuality while working
for a large law firm and is fired after his partners discover he has AIDS. He sues the law firm for discrimination and wins millions of dollars in damages, thus establishing the legal principle that there is no right of free association (or free speech, either!) in America, and workers can't be
fired if they indulge in degenerate behavior that makes them fatally ill or infectious to people around them in the office or at home or in bars.

I'm glad I never saw it. It looked like a misery fest so I always avoided it on HBO or any tv broadcast. Confident it was the right decision.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant

Um was that a bald black tinkerbell? Or fairy godmother?

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
That’s a man? I saw a black woman. He must be petite and obviously feminine.
I watched it again and yes I can see how it can be a man. But also a woman. It’s crazy though how my brain saw a woman. Cause what man wears a silver fairy costume? It’s like my brain was also fighting the “diversity”.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
Protestant
I watched it again and yes I can see how it can be a man. But also a woman. It’s crazy though how my brain saw a woman. Cause what man wears a silver fairy costume? It’s like my brain was also fighting the “diversity”.
I looked up who the actor is and it is actually a woman… oops lol. She looks like a man in drag which I think is what they were going for.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Something just occurred to me. Right now the "woke" religious grip on entertainment has resulted in terrible content. Before the woke, when our culture and society were centered on Christianity, our entertainment was excellent. Now, there were "constraints" that our Christian culture put on entertainment, but, unlike the woke constraints, high-quality entertainment was created. What does that say?

Looking at other forms of art, such as painting or sculpture, further supports this. "Modern" art, which has always been "woke" even before "woke" came about, is terrible whereas Christian-influenced art is breathtaking, even today. Elsewhere, architecture is very much an eyesore versus previous times.

This says something profound about "woke".

Kitty Tantrum

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
I've always kinda been under the impression that "entertainment" as an industry emerged for the explicit purpose of pushing the anti-Christ agenda.

The purpose of entertainment is to provide amusement, enjoyment, pleasure, etc. And as an industry, entertainment is produced for profit (the extension of which is power and influence). It is made to bait you into situations where your life force can be effectively extracted in the form of time, money, energy, etc. This extends to being (covertly or overtly) fed ideologies (programming) that support this goal in a much broader and more holistic sense than just squeezing you for the cost of a movie ticket or whatever.

When people talk about how "entertainment" used to not be "woke" -- it seems to me like they go on to reference materials that were actually created as an expression of something meaningful, or to teach a moral lesson, or for the sake of beauty, etc.

(And that is if they are not actually referencing materials that contain all kinds of low-key/subtle woke propaganda that they were too ENTERTAINED to notice -- which I see A LOT.)

Art is creation for its own sake.

Entertainment is pandering and manipulation, and I'm hard-pressed to come up with any exception that would not be better filed under the category of "art."

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I have noticed that Hollywood/media is using transgender women to play stereotypical “hot girl” roles. The funny thing is that it is sort of kept secret of course until you look up the “actress.” I was shocked to find out several models and B grade actresses were actually men. It’s like why not use authentic women to play the hot girl?
There was an African man on youtube who was "exposing" a lot of these actors as being secretly men. He would draw lines on the screen showing things like the wide hips, badly proportioned body, hands too large, etc. and would exclaim in his African accent "That's a damn man!"

Sadly, search no longer works on the internet and anything not fully PC has been banned so I couldn't find him but let's just say I no longer think he is a kook.

Atlas Shrugged

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
There was an African man on youtube who was "exposing" a lot of these actors as being secretly men. He would draw lines on the screen showing things like the wide hips, badly proportioned body, hands too large, etc. and would exclaim in his African accent "That's a damn man!"

Sadly, search no longer works on the internet and anything not fully PC has been banned so I couldn't find him but let's just say I no longer think he is a kook.
That’s reminds me of that channel called trans-vestigators or something but I think that was to off the wall since not every actress is a tranny. This channel claimed they were ALL groomed as children to be female actresses when they are all men. That is not believable. Could some be, sure. But every actress being a man. Nope. Edit also supposedly every Victoria’s Secret angel was also a man.