“If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife”

bucky

Ostrich
Back in the old days Roosh wrote a great article about things he'd require in a wife if he ever got married. Not sure if it's still out there or not, but one thing was that her looks be right around the 7 range on the classic 1-10 scale. I think this is ideal too. You want to be attracted to her, but at much above a 7 it becomes very hard to keep her hypergamy in line.

The problem seems to be that if she's really attractive, she's more likely to have had a lot more partners than the norm, unless she's relatively chaste. Plus, even if she has a low notch count, there's an increased possibility that she'll branch swing during marriage if she doesn't keep herself in check.

I think it's important to marry a moderately attractive woman - not ugly, but also not model-tier looks. Having said that, I've found that plain-looking women can have a lot more femininity, aliveness, and allure than much better looking women. Heck, I've even met women many would agree are "ugly" that have an incredible raw sexual attractiveness, despite not being aesthetically pleasing.

Ultimately, character is the overriding factor - hypergamy can be unchecked in both the ugly and the beautiful.

Qivar

Pigeon
The problem seems to be that if she's really attractive, she's more likely to have had a lot more partners than the norm, unless she's relatively chaste. Plus, even if she has a low notch count, there's an increased possibility that she'll branch swing during marriage if she doesn't keep herself in check.

I think it's important to marry a moderately attractive woman - not ugly, but also not model-tier looks. Having said that, I've found that plain-looking women can have a lot more femininity, aliveness, and allure than much better looking women. Heck, I've even met women many would agree are "ugly" that have an incredible raw sexual attractiveness, despite not being aesthetically pleasing.

Ultimately, character is the overriding factor - hypergamy can be unchecked in both the ugly and the beautiful.

This is an advice everyone should follow.

Girls who are ¨Highly attractive´´ tend to have an ego and no matter how successful / attractive / respected you are they´ll always act like you´re indebted to them.

Ugly girls are no better, they are either too lazy / incapable of taking care of themselves therfore raising their value
or are Nice Girls, but once in a while you get a girl like what you described.

I only strongly disagree with the last bit, a woman will always monkey branch if left to her own devices.

Last edited:

stugatz

Pelican
The thirst is insane today, so a number of women who would have been an "ugly woman" according to that song are probably in high demand today and can run an OnlyFans. A Plain Jane 5, or maybe even a 6, is probably who he was talking about.

Someone these days who qualifies as "ugly enough to be no trouble" is probably a 4 or under. Call me shallow, but I'd rather be single then marry someone that profoundly unattractive.

I know it's hearsay but I have met reasonably attractive women that are marriage material. While there are bad girls there are good ones too. It takes experience to distinguish the two.

Someone these days who qualifies as "ugly enough to be no trouble" is probably a 4 or under. Call me shallow, but I'd rather be single then marry someone that profoundly unattractive.

100% agreed. There's a saying high school never ends. If you want people to perceive you as the nerd with the fat chick instead of the jock with the pretty cheerleader more power to you.

Sherman

Ostrich
I have seen women I thought were unattractive, but they still have plenty of male interest. In contrast, a good looking man can easily spend his life alone if he is not aggressive. There is a real power imbalance. In my opinion, the most important thing to focus on is her character. Being more beautiful means she will be approached by more men in the day so temptation increases. I think the Muslims are entirely correct to cover their women. It makes perfect sense.

mgill0600

Pigeon
Great song, with a kernel of truth to it. Godly character is paramount, As ever, it is down to the individual and as individuals we so often come up short when relying on our own power.

I can't even begin to imagine the level of temptation available today, 24/7, to an attractive woman, even a mildly attractive one.

She can have just a single "moment of weakness". Like a literal "moment", where one night she is just so damn horny that all her self control, all her fear of being called a slut, all her principles are overridden by her biological desires. While before apps like Tinder the effort to find a mate for the night may have helped deter her baser impulses, with these apps, she can have a man in her bed (and a hot one at that) in under an hour who won't care if she's in any kind of relationship, has kids, goes to church or anything else about her other than she's sexy and willing.

Only the top 1% of men can relate to such sexual access.

Serie A1

Woodpecker
Great song, with a kernel of truth to it. Godly character is paramount, As ever, it is down to the individual and as individuals we so often come up short when relying on our own power.

I can't even begin to imagine the level of temptation available today, 24/7, to an attractive woman, even a mildly attractive one.

She can have just a single "moment of weakness". Like a literal "moment", where one night she is just so damn horny that all her self control, all her fear of being called a slut, all her principles are overridden by her biological desires. While before apps like Tinder the effort to find a mate for the night may have helped deter her baser impulses, with these apps, she can have a man in her bed (and a hot one at that) in under an hour who won't care if she's in any kind of relationship, has kids, goes to church or anything else about her other than she's sexy and willing.

Only the top 1% of men can relate to such sexual access.

Bro, anyone in the top 1% of men is not going to be fornicating.

kel

Ostrich
Back in the old days Roosh wrote a great article about things he'd require in a wife if he ever got married. Not sure if it's still out there or not, but one thing was that her looks be right around the 7 range on the classic 1-10 scale. I think this is ideal too. You want to be attracted to her, but at much above a 7 it becomes very hard to keep her hypergamy in line.
In my observation, much like with the midwit phenomenon and intelligence, women who are average-to-just-above-average SMV act the most entitled. That's the striver portion of the scale.

MRAll134

Pelican
Happiness is a lie, for man was built to do one thing: strive. I know that even when I reach **** you money I won't be happy, i'll simply be less miserable.
I am in mid-life and this statement is true ^. I have thought: "happiness is a fish that you cannot catch," but you have to keep casting the line.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
In my observation, much like with the midwit phenomenon and intelligence, women who are average-to-just-above-average SMV act the most entitled. That's the striver portion of the scale.

just smart enough, and just pretty enough to know how to wield their sexuality as a weapon. These would be your "only fans" types, your extreme monkey branchers etc.

Being married to a pretty woman is work, like owning a sports car is work. You can't just drive it offroad, skip 5 oil changes and park it on the lawn and think it will continue to run.

I think it's all fine as long as you know what you are getting into. If you only want Honda CR-V maintenance bills and reliability, don't buy a porsche. A Honda CR-V probably won't "wow" you that often but it can do just about anything and is very reliable.

Appreciate your car, or wife for what it is.

bucky

Ostrich
just smart enough, and just pretty enough to know how to wield their sexuality as a weapon. These would be your "only fans" types, your extreme monkey branchers etc.

Being married to a pretty woman is work, like owning a sports car is work. You can't just drive it offroad, skip 5 oil changes and park it on the lawn and think it will continue to run.

I think it's all fine as long as you know what you are getting into. If you only want Honda CR-V maintenance bills and reliability, don't buy a porsche. A Honda CR-V probably won't "wow" you that often but it can do just about anything and is very reliable.

Appreciate your car, or wife for what it is.
That's actually a pretty good analogy.