1/4 of US children live in single parent households, more than any other country

Towgunner

Kingfisher
This makes me very sad. You see, I was raised by a single mother. That means I know what I'm talking about. The other day there was a debate about "fat acceptance". An obese woman said being fat wasn't a health risk at all. The other non-obese woman said it was. Regarding single moms, the anti-fat acceptance woman kept getting tongue-tied saying "most, not all, but most obese people get sick and...". Even though the non-obese woman kept firing stat after stat after stat, all of which were as much proven by data as they were by simple common sense and heuristic experience, you could see how it left just enough room for the obese woman to keep her lie going.

This rhetorical trick is, regrettably, very effective and is used frequently by the left. It engenders a very peculiar effect in dialogue; it neutralizes most, if not, all of your opponent's arguments, because, it can always cast a shadow of doubt even if it's only a slight shadow. Being overly-overly technical, generous, and acting in good faith, the exception disproves the primary data-based argument only in the sense that the sample set isn't 100% uniform. But that's never the case and even a novice orator will have accounted for exceptions already, which argumentatively speaking, refutes their opponent's jab. However, explaining that during a debate takes too much time. And that's why this sleight-of-hand works.

This is what they use to justify their celebration and worship of single moms. And then the very worst of all things happens. People respond to this and even start to emulate it. Get constant praise by society for being a brave single mom? Many women, and women especially due to their gullibility, will do it. Its a sort of incentive. I can't tell you how awful that makes me feel. I know. The experience I had growing up with a single working mom was not good and it affects me to this day. Jordan Peterson once said divorce is like giving your kids not a terminal, but, a serious medical condition for life. Yes. Those are choice words.

I'm no stranger among my generation. Generation X was destroyed by divorce and there's not a word of it from our media. But, there are plenty of words of praise and encouragement for single moms. Or for two moms, for that matter. Nothing for a father.

Not having a father was devasting. It most definitely kept me back. These people who support single mothers support all of the other far-leftist radical stuff. They're the same ones taking offense to every little thing. Most people get caught up in the emotion and can't see that the door only swings in one direction. For someone like me when I hear "fathers are not necessary" in any context I'm extremely offended. Because I know just how untrue that statement is and how devasting that mentality is too young kids, particularly, boys. This complicates my Christian belief in forgiveness because I cannot find any for the people who made this happen.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Single parent aka single mother 95 percent as the courts always give the children to the mother. What does this mean for society? Prisons are filled with single mother boys and the stripping pole is filled with single mother girls. Fathers (are supposed to) prevent sons and daughters from ruining their futures. No father = no boundaries. A mother will just approve anything, not have the tough conversations, not take the tough measures, merely console and give comfort. Mothers keep their children alive, fathers make them thrive. Having a (strong) father is the number one precursor of living a fruitful and succesful life, lacking a strong father is the number one precursor of becoming a degenerate and falling for every trick of the system as you'll be raised boundaryless by the mainstream system, which is designed to destroy you at every level. And that's exactly why putting children en masse in single mother households is such a phenomenal crucially important feature of the regime's roadmap: if you manage to start that cycle, children will be ruined, and their children will ruin their lives, and their children theirs etc etc etc, until the boulders that once were the nuclear family have become less than powder: no substance, no strength, all falling apart, no standing, being taken to wherever the wind aka the regime wants to take them.

DanielH

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Malachi 2:16
“For the LORD God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one’s garment with violence,” Says the LORD of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously.”

Pretty much the worst thing imaginable for children is having them be raised by a single mother. All of the data points to that, innumerable studies conclude as much, but our society pretends it's a beautiful thing. This is one of those things I used to get into arguments over on Facebook 8 years ago. I was pretty harsh, pretty sure I was "unfriended" or blocked by many people for this but to this day I don't regret it.

My school district was pretty small growing up, and the single mother/ divorce rate was pretty low (blue collar White town), yet the only men I can think of from that cohort who turned out gay or ended up in prison had single or divorced parents.

Last edited:

God's lonely asperger

Woodpecker
Protestant

Pretty much the worst thing imaginable for children is having them be raised by a single mother. All of the data points to that, innumerable studies conclude as much, but our society pretends it's a beautiful thing. This is one of those things I used to get into arguments over on Facebook 8 years ago. I was pretty harsh, pretty sure I was "unfriended" or blocked by many people for this but to this day I don't regret it.

My school district was pretty small growing up, and the single mother/ divorce rate was pretty low (blue collar White town), yet the only men I can think of from that cohort who turned out gay or ended up in prison had single or divorced mothers.
Man, kids with divorced parents in my elementary school classes always had something wrong with them. The blue dyed hair girl in my current class also has divorced parents, of course.
The sad part is that it's almost always the fact that they had a kid that they divorce. I can't even imagine the feel of your parents being divorced because of you just being born, or even worse, just turning out retarded or something.
Never seen someone with divorced parents not troon out/become a homosexual or be far-left, but then again, I have almost never met any right wing people in real life outside of actually racist people.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer

My school district was pretty small growing up, and the single mother/ divorce rate was pretty low (blue collar White town), yet the only men I can think of from that cohort who turned out gay or ended up in prison had single or divorced parents.
Prime example of the inversion society. And yes that's correct, if you also look at for example serial killers or school shooters there's a 90% chance that they either didn't have a father, or they had a bad relationship with their father that left a negative imprint on him such as an abusive father.