2020 Presidential Betting Thread

TheBMan

Pelican
Hey guys - wanted to make a separate thread for this. I've been watching the lines and they seem to have shifted a little towards Biden. In 2016 I bet through 5dimes, and up until couple days ago they had all the odds for the election, even the ability to bet state by state, but now its blocking my browser and when I block my address I can access, leaving me to believe they've blocked access from USA, the dont have nearly as many betting options. For those of you in the US planning on betting on the election, where are you placing your bets?

username

Ostrich
Gold Member
PredictIt still shows up as being able to trade. Biden is at 65 right now, Trump at 39. If you're new to PredictIt there is a $20 deposit match for new members available.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Honest question..

How close was predictit at this time in 2016?

Seems pretty cuckish with that much of a gap if you ask me.

Hillary was a huge favorite. I didn’t bet, but I remember posting “I’d consider dropping a thousand on Hillary to win, and that would be a thousand bucks I’d gladly lose” but I didn’t bet.

I don’t think the line is cucked as it is controlled by real time bets, the more people bet on Biden to win the more the odds shift him as the favorite

Cobra

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Hillary was a huge favorite. I didn’t bet, but I remember posting “I’d consider dropping a thousand on Hillary to win, and that would be a thousand bucks I’d gladly lose” but I didn’t bet.

I don’t think the line is cucked as it is controlled by real time bets, the more people bet on Biden to win the more the odds shift him as the favorite

Didn't know it was based on real time bets.

From what you said about Hillary last time though it would seem that a lot of leftists frequent the site.

Maybe similar effect as over polling..

get2choppaaa

Woodpecker
I don't condone gambling personally, but if I were to do so, is watch Robert Barnes and the People's Pundit... Google youtube "what are the odds" and find their names for the show. Its totally on point.

Ethan Hunt

Kingfisher
Gold Member
If I bet it will be on Paddy Power. I can do an accumulator for both candidate plus party to win which maximises returns. At the moment US election bets are paused. I wouldn't bet until day of election and maybe during the results show.

Ethan Hunt

Kingfisher
Gold Member
This thread can't be complete without a link to one of the earlier tallies (the later ones aren't available anymore) that I made of the forum winnings as reported to me by forum members. It ended up being a little over 600k in winning with your average win being nearly $10k:

WINNING!
Fun day. I doubt I'll bet as much this year but will still win nonetheless. Aggregate Trump + Republicans winning is 7.04/1 on PP right now.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
If I bet it will be on Paddy Power. I can do an accumulator for both candidate plus party to win which maximises returns. At the moment US election bets are paused. I wouldn't bet until day of election and maybe during the results show.

They let you parlay correlated events? LOL

redbeard

Hummingbird
This thread can't be complete without a link to one of the earlier tallies (the later ones aren't available anymore) that I made of the forum winnings as reported to me by forum members. It ended up being a little over 600k in winning with your average win being nearly $10k:

WINNING!
Good times but I won't be partaking this year. Too busy and it's questionable from a moral stance. I'm ready to be proven wrong, but even if it was OK, I don't have the bandwidth for it now.

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member
Anyone have good sites that allow Canadians?

Especially looking for options where we can bet on both the electoral college numbers along with the actual winner.

TrifeLife

Woodpecker
While I really wish we were getting the same +450 as '16, If I'm getting better than even odds on the fastest horse, I'm taking the bet.
Screenshot 2020-11-02 at 12.26.48 PM.png

MiroKlose

Sparrow
Am I legally allowed to bet in Canada as a non-canadian visiting Canada temporarily from a different country where betting and gambling are illegal?

Player_1337

Pelican
Gold Member
Which betting resource would you recommend for those of us in the USA? I've checked out Bovada, but the winnings are only paid out via Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash.