2020 Presidential Betting Thread

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
From MyBookie.ag (below). Any word from Bovada yet? Looks like they ruled Trump as "losing" on November 24th...

View attachment 27457

How do you read that as them ruling Trump as losing? The VERY first line is:

"The United States Presidential Election has yet to be officially decided"

and then later they state that if Trump emerges victorious that they'll pay those bettors off in full.

The only concerning thing about it is that they're trying to get the Trump bettors to think they've been paid off and then gamble with their winnings. If anything, I would read it as a hedge by them on having to pay out all the Trump bettors by giving them a way to "withdraw" their wins after betting (and potentially losing) on other bets before being able to withdraw. Anyone in the industry knows that having to roll over your money by betting it 3 times is just a way for them to gain back most of that "freeplay" money.

Player_1337

Pelican
Gold Member
How do you read that as them ruling Trump as losing? The VERY first line is:

"The United States Presidential Election has yet to be officially decided"

and then later they state that if Trump emerges victorious that they'll pay those bettors off in full.

The only concerning thing about it is that they're trying to get the Trump bettors to think they've been paid off and then gamble with their winnings. If anything, I would read it as a hedge by them on having to pay out all the Trump bettors by giving them a way to "withdraw" their wins after betting (and potentially losing) on other bets before being able to withdraw. Anyone in the industry knows that having to roll over your money by betting it 3 times is just a way for them to gain back most of that "freeplay" money.

Re-read my original post.
Bovada has Trump noted as losing, not MyBookIe.ag (the screenshot I posted)...

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Re-read my original post.
Bovada has Trump noted as losing, not MyBookIe.ag (the screenshot I posted)...

Bovada noted Trump as losing and paid out Biden bets, but seems like based on this news article/purported announcement they'd "grade" the Trump bets as winning if he wins the presidency (if I'm reading this right):

“Bovada has graded Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 Presidential Election,” Bovada communications director Ross Stevens told OG News on Tuesday. “In the unlikely event that Donald Trump is later named winner in a state race or gains enough electoral votes to capture the Presidency, we will re-grade those results.”

jordypip23

Ostrich
Gold Member
From MyBookie.ag (below). Any word from Bovada yet? Looks like they ruled Trump as "losing" on November 24th...

View attachment 27457
This sounds like a ploy to keep the cash flowing & to keep degenerate gamblers betting (primarily on sports ie. football, basketball, etc.). Free Plays with rollovers (in this case 3x) are typically a scam with a low likelihood of cashing out because bettors will lose the money on a shit sportsbet before reaching the rollover requirement. They know what they're doing. The only good news is that if you're patient and Trump does win, looks like this book will get you the payout.

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I was looking at equivalent bets on PredictIt and while it's risky and impulsive I bought into a few:

Trump Self Pardon in 2020 - NO ~64 cents

Giulai Pardon in 2020 - NO ~78 cents

Manafort Clemency (including pardon) in 2020 - NO ~35 cents

The Manafort one is the most curious as Trump seems to have no defended him much and really dislikes/distances himself from Manafort that I've seen. I would think it'd be closer to a no price of 65 to 70 cents.

I am not hedging my bets. Anyone else find any sort of equivalent bets? Still have funds to wager.

Right now if I win all the markets I'm in I'll end up about 50% (before taxes/fees)...which would be great...but I'd gladly lose all that money just to have Trump be president for a consecutive 2nd term.

Fender_Bender

Woodpecker

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
PreditIt closed a bunch of markets and people are flipping out saying there are pending lawsuits in the state markets and others that they closed, by law the election isn't over.

Technically they're right, I took a bath also. Quite frustrating....

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
PreditIt closed a bunch of markets and people are flipping out saying there are pending lawsuits in the state markets and others that they closed, by law the election isn't over.

Technically they're right, I took a bath also. Quite frustrating....

I checked and the President, VP, and Party markets have not been closed. Also the related markets I'd bought into (Manafort Clemency in 1st term as well as Giuliani Pardon in 2020) are not currently closed either. The related markets obviously couldn't really be closed anyway, but I did breathe a sigh of relief that they did not close those markets.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I checked and the President, VP, and Party markets have not been closed. Also the related markets I'd bought into (Manafort Clemency in 1st term as well as Giuliani Pardon in 2020) are not currently closed either. The related markets obviously couldn't really be closed anyway, but I did breathe a sigh of relief that they did not close those markets.

Yea some are still open but they closed out a lot of the state markets today but not all of them which is odd. A lot of people are frustrated about it, technically the election isn't over and it's not like they could reverse it.

Odd decision by them...

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Wow, so Bodog quietly closed Trump bets on 11/24. I just checked now to see if anything changed from yesterday and the Electoral College and some bets open based on state margin of victory were called.

I had no idea what triggered to call on the bets on 11/24. I can't even remember now what was the news trigger that decided it.

Difficult now to even backtrack to build a case.

Lots of money gone...

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Wow, so Bodog quietly closed Trump bets on 11/24. I just checked now to see if anything changed from yesterday and the Electoral College and some bets open based on state margin of victory were called.

I had no idea what triggered to call on the bets on 11/24. I can't even remember now what was the news trigger that decided it.

Difficult now to even backtrack to build a case.

Lots of money gone...

Are you in the USA?

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Is off shore sports gambling legal in Canada? If I’m not mistaken it’s illegal, those charges probably should be disputed.....

wink wink
Can you elaborate? My apologies as I am not in on the joke. PM if needed.

I believe bodog is legal in Canada as to how else would they support Canadian wire-transfers via Interac which is a shared program of the Big 5 Banks here? The Big Banks get fractional cuts from each wire transfer - massive racket.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Can you elaborate? My apologies as I am not in on the joke. PM if needed.

I believe bodog is legal in Canada as to how else would they support Canadian wire-transfers via Interac which is a shared program of the Big 5 Banks here? The Big Banks get fractional cuts from each wire transfer - massive racket.

No need to PM, maybe someone else will get use out of the info but if you used a wire transfer then it doesn’t matter anyway, can’t dispute a wire transfer. But if you used a CC....

Mind you my information is for the USA but it may still apply for Canada, you would have to research that. But if i had to guess I would say it’s also illegal in Canada, they’re not taxing these companies right?

Offshore gambling is illegal, call your bank and dispute the charges as fraud. The book has no way of proving the charges are legitimate, because they’re not it’s illegal, and you get your money back. You’ll be blacklisted from the book but hey that might be a good thing anyway haha!

Reactions: 007