2020 Presidential Betting Thread

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Which betting resource would you recommend for those of us in the USA? I've checked out Bovada, but the winnings are only paid out via Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash.

Which is what you want; it is not easy to get a money wire from the off-shore gambling websites. 2016 I had to get a cheque mailed to me via the site I used, and it was a panic the whole, making sure it arrived safely. I paid $50 extra to have it tracked via FedEx.

Transsimian

Ostrich
Gold Member
Here's my spread.

I lose $3600 if Biden gets a landslide. (Not gonna happen)
I lose $2600 if Trump gets a landslide (Fraud will make this unlikely)
I lose $1300 if Biden gets what the polls predict. (Shy Trump voters)

In any other case, I win over $5000
or in the offchance its a tie, $15000
0nVi8hG.png

pirate

Sparrow
Here's my spread.

I lose $3600 if Biden gets a landslide. (Not gonna happen)
I lose $2600 if Trump gets a landslide (Fraud will make this unlikely)
I lose $1300 if Biden gets what the polls predict. (Shy Trump voters)

In any other case, I win over $5000
or in the offchance its a tie, $15000
0nVi8hG.png
Is this betfair? Wanted to do something similar but country not allowed.

Best bet is that the results will be close, amazing value

Tactician

Kingfisher
Protestant
Gold Member
Anyone have good sites that allow Canadians?

Especially looking for options where we can bet on both the electoral college numbers along with the actual winner.

Hey, Bet365 should allow Canadians. At least, I'm Canadian & bet there in 2016 & this year as well. Here's the Politcs category: https://www.bet365.com/#/AS/B157/

There are many betting options like EC, popular vote, & individual states. Good luck.

Edit: Just realised how late my answer is. Anyway, they're pretty quick to get money on & off the site. Hope it works out.

LeBeau

Ostrich
Gold Member
Hey, Bet365 should allow Canadians. At least, I'm Canadian & bet there in 2016 & this year as well. Here's the Politcs category: https://www.bet365.com/#/AS/B157/

There are many betting options like EC, popular vote, & individual states. Good luck.

Edit: Just realised how late my answer is. Anyway, they're pretty quick to get money on & off the site. Hope it works out.

No problem, it's appreciated.

I've also found Sports Interaction has election specials, and Kosko suggested Bodog as well.

joost

Kingfisher
You can place your bet anywhere in the world using Bitcoin. I chose CloudBet to bet on Trump. I think it's too late to bet but the ratio was 2.8 yesterday.

RDF

Woodpecker
Betting on Trump to win Minnesota at 3/1. He only lost by 46,000 votes (~1%) last time, Republicans have spent a ton of time in the state in the past few weeks, and I can't imagine the riots didn't get some people angry enough to jump over. Not sure it will happen, but 3/1 is good odds.

Johnny Rico

Banned
Seems wiser to bet on Biden. It won't affect the election and at least you'll have some soon to be useless cash to stock up on staples before the famine hits. If Trump wins you lost money you could afford to lose if you're not a reckless gambler and you get to remain alive.

Aizen

Kingfisher
Orthodox
A British gambler has reportedly staked $5 million on President Trump winning Tuesday’s election — a wager believed to be the largest-ever political bet.

The former banker used private bookmakers registered on the Caribbean island of Curacao for the bet at odds of 37/20 — meaning he could get a $15 million payout, sources told the Sun.

The mystery gambler confidently went all-in after consulting with “Trump camp insiders,” according to the report.

“Word of this bet has done the rounds and we think it’s the biggest ever made on politics,” one betting industry source told the UK paper.

While illegal in the US, betting on politics is popular in the UK and many other countries — and the 2020 election is shaping up to be the biggest betting event of all time.

Trump beat the odds in 2016, and gamblers appear keen on a repeat performance this time.

“Donald Trump will likely wake up with a spring in his step as more and more people think he could stay for another term,” the gambling comparison site OddsChecker saidTuesday.

In the last four hours, 71% of money wagered on the 2020 US election was on Trump, the site said — which the site’s head of marketing, Sam Eaton, called a “remarkable” swing