2020 Presidential Betting Thread

TheBMan

Pelican
Predictit was easiest for me because I could deposit money with a debit card - the online sites like Bovada were trickier to fund - Bitcoin was preferred and I dont know how to use that

2Infinity

Woodpecker
Didn't think things could get any better today! Looks like last weekend when I got blind I put an extra $1000 on Trump.

Bet $6000 AUD
Won $10,340 AUD

An early congrats on the big payout.

I'm curious how did you decide on the amount you wagered? And what did you wager/win in 2016?

Personally I bet on an amount that was a bit higher than what I was comfortable losing.

Lovinglife

Banned
An early congrats on the big payout.

I'm curious how did you decide on the amount you wagered? And what did you wager/win in 2016?

Personally I bet on an amount that was a bit higher than what I was comfortable losing.

I didn't mind losing $5000AUD cause I would have spent more on travelling this year if I wasn't for COVID-19. Australia has a travel ban so I can't leave the country this year hence I've saved a bit of money. Melbourne, Australia where I live has one of the tightest and longest lockdowns in the world so I've been unable to go out and spend any money. If it wasn't for COVID, I think I would have only put down only $1-2 grand on Trump.

The other reasons... https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/2020-presidential-betting-thread.38500/page-3#post-1384724

Last edited:

joost

Kingfisher
I hope there is no problems with the confirmation. Imagine if they decide to lawyer up and say they need more days to count the (fraudulent) mail-in ballots? I have ~$1000 to receive.

2Infinity

Woodpecker
What's interesting is that at the time of writing this (2:45 AM ET), as the counting has been stalled, one can still bet on the betting sites at 1.44 on Trump and make a 44% return with a very high probability of winning (unless the Dems rig, cheat and litigate it all the way through to a false victory, but Trump's leads are pretty good)

UnW

Kingfisher
Non-Christian
Most of the bookies here in Australia hedged their bets on the Betfair exchange given the liabilities they'd have to pay out in the event of a trump victory.