2020 Presidential Betting Thread

TheBMan

Pelican
Predictit was easiest for me because I could deposit money with a debit card - the online sites like Bovada were trickier to fund - Bitcoin was preferred and I dont know how to use that

Didn't think things could get any better today! Looks like last weekend when I got blind I put an extra $1000 on Trump.

Bet $6000 AUD
Won $10,340 AUD

An early congrats on the big payout.

I'm curious how did you decide on the amount you wagered? And what did you wager/win in 2016?

Personally I bet on an amount that was a bit higher than what I was comfortable losing.

Lovinglife

Woodpecker
An early congrats on the big payout.

I'm curious how did you decide on the amount you wagered? And what did you wager/win in 2016?

Personally I bet on an amount that was a bit higher than what I was comfortable losing.

I didn't mind losing $5000AUD cause I would have spent more on travelling this year if I wasn't for COVID-19. Australia has a travel ban so I can't leave the country this year hence I've saved a bit of money. Melbourne, Australia where I live has one of the tightest and longest lockdowns in the world so I've been unable to go out and spend any money. If it wasn't for COVID, I think I would have only put down only $1-2 grand on Trump.

The other reasons... https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/2020-presidential-betting-thread.38500/page-3#post-1384724

Last edited:

joost

Kingfisher
I hope there is no problems with the confirmation. Imagine if they decide to lawyer up and say they need more days to count the (fraudulent) mail-in ballots? I have ~$1000 to receive.

What's interesting is that at the time of writing this (2:45 AM ET), as the counting has been stalled, one can still bet on the betting sites at 1.44 on Trump and make a 44% return with a very high probability of winning (unless the Dems rig, cheat and litigate it all the way through to a false victory, but Trump's leads are pretty good)

UnW

Kingfisher
Most of the bookies here in Australia hedged their bets on the Betfair exchange given the liabilities they'd have to pay out in the event of a trump victory.