2020 Presidential Betting Thread

AneroidOcean

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Is it still open to buy?

No. Because it has an exemption based on it's non-profit status as well as the small amounts of money. While there MAY still be a market open which is correlated to the President (for example the Presidential party market is essentially one and the same...but currently closed as well), the market was closed ~3 weeks ago (from the rules section):

Created On: 10/19/2020 11:23 AM (ET)
Note to traders: As of this time, the contracts for Joe Biden and Donald Trump have reached the limit for the allowable number of traders.

If that weren't the case I'd have already poured a whole lot of money on Trump in at the odds the market closed at (nearly 10:1 for correctly predicting a Trump 2nd term). That is of course after before their withdrawal fee as well as applicable taxes.

Last edited:

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Its over for bet365 guys
You have to use their own words against them. Make them have to walk back their statement or say something to your benefit (and then screenshot and save for later). The truth is the votes are still being counted and you should have countered with that fact. Next, affirm the reality that you did not place bets on the "popular election vote" (i.e total cast votes). The USA POTUS election is based on the votes proportional to the states - reflected in the electoral college - which is not settled or finalized.

Again, if they want to play like that you have to hit them back twice as hard with the facts. When they start to repeat the same jargon statement you then escalate it and get someone important on email or phone.

For my platform, Bodog, I kept on trying to get them to confirm they would no call it based on fake news/media. They walked back one reply and then started with robot statement replies (this is when I knew I had them in a bind). But, at least for now they are in a corner because they have no logical reason right now to settle. If they were going to settle they would have done so but now that states are flipping, being reverted back they will have to wait now until it is officially settled.

I have no idea how these sites capitalize themselves but from my email conversation, the guy kept mentioning "partners" they have to engage with which I am making a wild guess float money as digital bets likely take time to process and settle.

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
From bet365 website:
All betting within a given election is singles only. Accumulative bets accepted in error will be settled as singles with the stake apportioned.

Settlement of all bets will be based on the total votes cast and counted at the time of the election, and not on any subsequent legal challenge.

Sure, but what is "the time of the election" and at what point were the votes called conclusively for Biden? Biden is at 259 right now.

Quick edit: Go to your bet history & save your betslips, especially their reference #s.

More edit: From (https://help.bet365.com/product-help/sports/Rules/Politics)

US Elections:
All bets are settled on the winner of the election and not on the person who is inaugurated.

Bets on Total U.S. Electoral College Votes will be settled based on the vote in each state (and in each Congressional district in Maine and Nebraska) on the day of the election, and not on the actual meeting of the electoral college.

Even better for us as "day of the election" is ambiguous, or, if it is taken to mean Nov 3, then Trump was winning when counting was stopped.

They'll probably pay out when Trump wins so as to retain customers + avoid a legal headache. They were accepting bets as late as Nov 6, and that isn't the "day of the election."

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

Omad

Sparrow
Ladbrokes has settled the bets too

I can't find any way to contact them on there site other than via facebook which I'm not on. If anyone gets in contact with them could you update this thread with their reply, thanks.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
Settlement of all bets will be based on the total votes cast and counted at the time of the election, and not on any subsequent legal challenge."

Exactly, was November 4th "the election"? Was it November 6th? The only real settle to any legitimate mind HAS to be either Electoral College OR inauguration.

This is one of the better reasons to use a bookie, sadly, because if they graded this already (by the way, the ones I know of - at least two different sites - haven't) I would stiff them for sure.

Yeah Bet365 settled the Trump bets and declared them "lost". If Trump prevails and is inaugurated, and they don't reverse it, I'm sure there will be a class action lawsuit started by someone.

Other bet website I used, Pinnacle, has not settled yet.

Last edited:

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
Yeah Bet365 settled the Trump bets and declared them "lost". If Trump prevails and is inaugurated, and they don't reverse it, I'm sure there will be a class action lawsuit started by someone.

Other bet website I used, Pinnacle, has not settled yet.
One could easily bet that there is a opportunistic Jew lawyer prepping for a potential class action lawsuit right now

Fender_Bender

Woodpecker
I just checked bovada, my bookie, and I missed the predictit market by a few days. Don't see any of those available for betting...anyone know any other site where I can? I wish I had just nutted up and bet for 2020 immediately after 2016 election like I joked about. I won $1000 profit betting $300 on bovada the day before the 2016 election, lol. Sketchy check from Singapore came months later.

I just checked bovada, my bookie, and I missed the predictit market by a few days. Don't see any of those available for betting...anyone know any other site where I can? I wish I had just nutted up and bet for 2020 immediately after 2016 election like I joked about. I won $1000 profit betting $300 on bovada the day before the 2016 election, lol. Sketchy check from Singapore came months later.
Bodog has the tossup states remaining. They take them off and put them up every few hours.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Time to double post.

I just got off live chat with a bet365 keyboard slave. Their decision to finalise all bets is "in line" with their betting policies that the MEDIA have now given Joe Biden the win as he is over 270+ votes.

I'm going to go through several bodies governing them once the results are finalised if this swings Trumps way which I believe is highly likely. If they do not give me a full refund or reinstate my bet I will start the process against them.

Their rules are flawed and based on unofficial sources.

Time to double post.

I just got off live chat with a bet365 keyboard slave. Their decision to finalise all bets is "in line" with their betting policies that the MEDIA have now given Joe Biden the win as he is over 270+ votes.

I'm going to go through several bodies governing them once the results are finalised if this swings Trumps way which I believe is highly likely. If they do not give me a full refund or reinstate my bet I will start the process against them.

Their rules are flawed and based on unofficial sources.

90% of my bets were on here... lesson learned regarding diversifying.