2020 Presidential Betting Thread

Time to double post.

I just got off live chat with a bet365 keyboard slave. Their decision to finalise all bets is "in line" with their betting policies that the MEDIA have now given Joe Biden the win as he is over 270+ votes.

I'm going to go through several bodies governing them once the results are finalised if this swings Trumps way which I believe is highly likely. If they do not give me a full refund or reinstate my bet I will start the process against them.

Their rules are flawed and based on unofficial sources.
I got lucky by only putting 100 on there, simply by chance. They had closed their bets and other sites still had theirs up. I’m closing my account with them and won’t be using them for even small sports bets. The idea you wouldn’t use the rules of the country’s government as the criteria for what constitutes an official win is mind blowing. Fuck em nonetheless.

I just emailed bet365 asking for clarification. I said that they are still counting votes, so when was their cutoff date for total votes for the american election.

Kind of hoping they say it was the day of the election, cause I will just reply pointing out Trump won at the end of election day.

Last edited:

jarlo

Robin
Can you still place bets on any markets? I would be down to put up $100-$500 or so on Trump at current odds, depending on how the site is planning to determine the election winner.

icrus

Robin
I can't speak for myself but I heard from others that Betmoose is good. You do have to bet in crypto though from what I could understand (not a gambling man).

jarlo

Robin
I can't speak for myself but I heard from others that Betmoose is good. You do have to bet in crypto though from what I could understand (not a gambling man).
Thanks for the tip - looks like you can bet on Trump at 3:1 odds right now:

jarlo

Robin
Are the markets gradually showing favor to Trump or generally been still?
It's hard to tell - on BetMoose, you can look through the history of placed bets and see what the odds are. There seems to be pretty high variance, so it's hard at least at a glance to detect any pattern:

odds.jpg

Tactician

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I just emailed bet365 asking for clarification. I said that they are still counting votes, so when was their cutoff date for total votes for the american election.

Kind of hoping they say it was the day of the election, cause I will just reply pointing out Trump won at the end of election day.

Hey, I mentioned this on page 8. Their own rules state it's the day of the election: https://help.bet365.com/product-help/sports/Rules/Politics

US Election
All bets are settled on the winner of the election and not on the person who is inaugurated.

Bets on Total U.S. Electoral College Votes will be settled based on the vote in each state (and in each Congressional district in Maine and Nebraska) on the day of the election, and not on the actual meeting of the electoral college.

Trump won if only votes on the day of the election are counted. Also, bet365 was offering bets on this election as far out as Nov 6th.

Anyway, I fully expect bet365 to pay out when Trump wins as this is the easiest solution for all parties.

FrancisK

Sparrow
You can get really nice returns on predictit still for pro Trump bets. Most are trading at around 12-15 cents which would be a significantly larger return that the betting sites it looks like. If you can find an open market that is, I’m sure some of the periphery ones are still available or keep trying until one is.

I don’t trust the offshore sites at all, when I was younger and much more dumb I had a crazy streak one week and hit some wild parlays and was up mid 5 figures on one of the old defunct renamed books. Well they came up with some bs not to pay it and there was nothing at all I could do, completely stonewalled me. I ended up charging all the money back with my bank but of course never got any winnings and I’ve been black booked from every site since. Funny I got black booked because they wouldn’t pay....bastards.