2020 South American Expat Thread

bucky

Ostrich
If I end up en los paises de la hola-hola personas I hope I can sport something a little less droopy on my arm. She's got a Hillary Clinton thing going on.

Query for you guys. What are your gneral thoughts of the marriage-worthiness of Latinas? Particularly interested in las Cubanas. My experience is they are super-low in attention span on the whole. How forgiving do you think you should be with a belleza mas dulce if she is very feminine, but maybe a bit too sessed up or given to pop culture?

Tag: @bucky , @Papaya , @redbeard
It's hard to say without knowing her and based on the general description, but by sessed up do you mean she has a high notch count? Or just average, whatever that is? The old RVF wisdom was, of course, that a notch count over three is a deal breaker, but it seems like the new mentality is that all can be forgiven if she's repentant and sincerely accepts Christ. I have no idea, although I'd like to believe that. I was lucky enough to meet a Latina who was essentially married to the Catholic church before she met me and had a notch count of zero.

You know I'm a big fan of Latinas in general, but obviously there are many, maybe even most, who aren't marriage material. You can easily find Latinas who would be as much of a nightmare as a wife as a typical gringa or Eastern Slav, or even worse. I just feel like you've got a better chance of finding a good wife south of the border because Latinas are far more likely to be sincerely Christian than Anglo and Russian-speaking girls and therefore more likely to prioritize having kids and being the ama de casa (housewife, but I like to translate it as "the soul of the home"). Also, Latin guys set the bar very low, so a good Latina is likely to highly prize basic things like your not being a drunken womanizer and not hitting her.

When my wife's priest was interviewing us before agreeing to marry us, he told her to remember when she finally goes to the US with me that "feminism is a tool of Satan and has no part in Christian family life." Imagine saying that to an American woman, even one who's allegedly "conservative and traditional." I'd imagine an Orthodox priest could get away with saying something to that effect to a devout Russian or Ukrainian girl, there just aren't nearly as many devout Eastern Slavic girls as there are Latinas.

About Cubans, I'm in the wrong part of the US to know many of them but it seems like others are saying that they tend to not be quality women. This is just speculation, but if that's true maybe the blame goes back to communism. I suspect that much of what's wrong with Russian and Ukrainian girls ultimately goes back to that, so it could be the same with cubanas if they're noticeably different from other Latinas.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
@bucky, by sessed up I am referring to the generally more easy dress style, exuberance and sessual nature. Generally speaking that would be a trade off with them. The bar is lower with their men and thus more agreeable, they are more feminine, more affectionate; but the extent their societies are sessualised is much greater.

I was curious as I don't recall Cuba ever being mentioned, while it seems to have would have some attraction as a destination.

bucky

Ostrich
@bucky, by sessed up I am referring to the generally more easy dress style, exuberance and sessual nature. Generally speaking that would be a trade off with them. The bar is lower with their men and thus more agreeable, they are more feminine, more affectionate; but the extent their societies are sessualised is much greater.

I was curious as I don't recall Cuba ever being mentioned, while it seems to have would have some attraction as a destination.
Got you. I would say that with any woman, modesty or lack thereof is a huge factor. As down as I am on FSU girls, I can see now that the first girlfriend I had over there was actual marriage material, I was just too young and uninterested in marriage at the time to see it. One thing that stood out about her compared to other Russian girls was that she covered up in public: long sleeves, no exposed shoulders, longer skirts, generally very little skin shown, basically the exact opposite of how most other girls there dressed. Another example is how my wife wears yoga pants in the house because they're comfortable but wouldn't dream of going out in them. That kind of thing is always a good sign, especially if she's going out of her way to dress modestly when it's not in fashion.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Got you. I would say that with any woman, modesty or lack thereof is a huge factor. As down as I am on FSU girls, I can see now that the first girlfriend I had over there was actual marriage material, I was just too young and uninterested in marriage at the time to see it. One thing that stood out about her compared to other Russian girls was that she covered up in public: long sleeves, no exposed shoulders, longer skirts, generally very little skin shown, basically the exact opposite of how most other girls there dressed.

This is what I am getting at, i.e. would a woman who dressed like this:

2nzy8opu87x11.jpg

which is fairly standard, be considered high-risk?

Such a woman would likely be affectionate and grateful to have you, but to what extent has her mind been ruined by rageton and novellas?

While on the other hand, you have EE girls, who in my experience aren't really sessed up, but aren't very affectionate or grateful to have you.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich

2nzy8opu87x11.jpg

Such a woman would likely be affectionate and grateful to have you, but to what extent has her mind been ruined by rageton and novellas?

While on the other hand, you have EE girls, who in my experience aren't really sessed up, but aren't very affectionate or grateful to have you.

There is alot of that in Colombia, but this could just be a beach look. Still, alot of the physically beautiful women dress pretty scanty. There are conservative girls but this look has taken over.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
The thing is with Latinas, despite their leaning to dress like that and have a strong sessual nature, that woman in the photo, for example, seems to have a simple nature. It seems many Latinas have a compulsion to cook your food. In my mind, if a woman is dressed like that, but had a strong compulsion to cook for you and would follow order like - don't dress like that - they seem like a better package than Western women.

Despite having a predaliction for skimpy clothing, they seem to be a lot more imune to ideas of grandaeru, narcissism, desire to be worship, coldness, resting nasty face and so on. Looks like:

plastic-surgery-hope-before-after-1a.jpg

How-Can-Personal-Look-Influence-Your-Mood-And-Your-Surrounding.jpeg

barbie-feet-instagram-pose-264445-1533154658723-fb.700x0c.jpg

And coming out with myopically self-centered things like,

"I'm living my own life."

"I have this thing called ... whatever I want."

Bolly

Pelican
Anyone in Lima? I'm curious if the Old Pub on calle de las pizzas is closed for good. Or can confirm if the owner died. Sounds like he did sadly. Probably covid. He was an older man. Had some great times in that place. That place was like Cheers for me. It's a huge tree falling in the forest if it is closed for good.

Edit. Nevermind. Just seen the facebook page. He did pass away. Sad.

Last edited:

bucky

Ostrich

2nzy8opu87x11.jpg

I would avoid a woman who dresses like this in public, Latina or no. When I was younger I had a few girlfriends with great figures. Not like the girl in your photo, who is a bit too big in the hips for me, although I know this is the ideal in our time of Africanized beauty standards. But anyway, they were thin and girlish in the way that white men used to prefer in the 20th centruy, and they'd dress in skimpy clothes and show themselves off, which I liked at the time. Sin of pride, I guess. For whatever reason, as I got older the age of women I was with didn't increase much, but their modesty in dressing did, and I also found myself in better, more stable relationships. Come to think of it, the exception was the little Russian blonde I ended up marrying and then divorcing. She'd go out in shorts like this, and it was fun to watch other guys drool over her, but man did I ever pay for it after I married her.

Thing is, no woman in my wife's family would dress this way, and it's not like they're all religious prudes, but enough of them are that there's sufficient pressure to not dress and act like a whore. If you were looking for a good girl in Latin America I'd say stay far away from the discotecas and go to church. Or just use your broken Spanish game on modestly dressed women at the mall or grocery store.

Edit: I agree that being too into reggaeton and novelas is a red flag too.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas gentlemen, how it’s holidays this year? If it wasn’t for the scamdemic and the majority wearing masks it would be like any other year here. Summer vacations are coming, and alongside it comes dengue season. At least here it’s a seasonal plague, and since we’re in the “worst moments” of the scamdemic, it’ll wreck the hospitals once cases start popping up.

This will be a crucial season for the tourism industry, especially in Encarnación since Argentina is still with closed borders. Even the mayor challenged the government to come and shutdown the beaches, but it’s not entirely scamdemic-free. Bookings, groups, isolated spots, and the like, simply put, it won’t be a good place to meet people outside your own group. At least that's how it seems at first, we’ll see how it goes.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Feliz Navidad Hermanos

Now that Christmas is over, and a work contract wrapped up, I am thinking of slipping down to Colombia. It's winter here in Canada and I don't have work. We also just went into a lockdown. Somehow you can still fly out.

If I go I'll probably just go back to my old spot and hit the gym, enjoy some coffee, spend some time with the locals.

jarlo

Woodpecker
Sad news:

Argentina Passes Pro-Abortion Bill. Massive Celebrations In Streets.

GettyImages-1230354175.jpg

“The law will legalize abortion in all cases up to 14 weeks of pregnancy. Abortion in Argentina, South America’s third-most populous country, is currently only permitted when a pregnancy results from rape or endangers the life or health of the woman. In all other circumstances, abortion is illegal and punishable by up to 15 years in jail,” CNN noted.

On December 11, Argentina’s lower house of Congress approved the bill, with 131 votes in favor, 117 against and 6 abstentions. Elizabeth Gómez Alcorta, the government’s Women, Gender and Diversity minister, said after the house vote, “This is a fundamental step and recognition of a long struggle that women’s movements have been carrying out in our country for years. We are going to continue working so that the voluntary termination of pregnancy becomes law.”

Mariela Belski, an ambassador for the global women’s rights movement She Decides, said after the Senate vote on Wednesday, “Today, Argentina has made an emblematic step forward in defending the rights of women, girls and people with reproductive capacity,” adding that the bill sends “a strong message of hope to our entire continent — that we can change course against the criminalization of abortion and against clandestine abortions, which pose serious risks to the health and lives of millions of people. Both the law passed by the Argentine Congress today and the enormous effort of the women’s movement to achieve this are an inspiration to the Americas, and to the world.”

Cortés

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Very sad, but in all honesty I'm surprised it wasnt already legal in Argentina. It's more atheist and liberal than most of western Europe. My worry is that it has a domino affect on other countries. I know in Brasil they are ramping up the pro-aborto propaganda. There was a story about a 10 year old who got raped by her uncle and went to the courts to legally abort it. Globo had nothing to say other than kvetch about the Catholics telling the girl to not abort the baby.

Very sad, but in all honesty I'm surprised it wasnt already legal in Argentina. It's more atheist and liberal than most of western Europe. My worry is that it has a domino affect on other countries. I know in Brasil they are ramping up the pro-aborto propaganda. There was a story about a 10 year old who got raped by her uncle and went to the courts to legally abort it. Globo had nothing to say other than kvetch about the Catholics telling the girl to not abort the baby.
Surely it will. They’re going to ramp up the propaganda across the region. There are local pro-abortion elitists and scummunists already praising Argentina as a beacon of “progress”. I’m really worried about the kleptocrats in power here, I don’t know how much damage they’ll do if they’re not gone before 2023.

Now that we're at the end of 2020, and this thread has been ongoing for a while now, what is everyone planning for 2021/22? Has anyone made the move to SA this year?

Seems to me that nowhere on Earth will be really safe from the agenda, unfortunately. Unless you're in the complete 3rd world/slum where they have bigger issues. I still look at Mexico which has some freedom-loving folks and intentional communities - I've seen some videos of Mexico and they're maskless and living normally (much like Sweden).

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
I have been living in Cartagena for 10 months. It will be a year here before I make my departure, possibly longer. Things are opening up here and the mask and having your temp checked everywhere is the only thing lingering from the pandemic that I see in my day to day life. I am still banking on Panama being "that place" where I can see myself setting down roots. God help me if it isn't.....I am so over society and the world around me that its becoming a bit worrisome. I imagine some time surrounded in nature will help to counter balance those feelings. I have been thinking it an jokingly saying it for years but..... its starting to look more and more like a viable option, and that's some kind of commune. Otherwise there is really no way to avoid exposing my future family to the ills of the world. I have seen first hand the effect the world has had on my nephew and every one of my friends kids back in Murica. I also clearly see there is no way to avoid it if I live there... which is why I made the decision long ago that I would not raise a family in America. Every form of refuge has its price...

This probably sounds more doom and gloom than it really is. However I have been for awhile dead set on doing what it takes to not live plugged into the matrix.

80457cf456fcb235fed57e86f48bb43df90149bf.gifv

Now that we're at the end of 2020, and this thread has been ongoing for a while now, what is everyone planning for 2021/22? Has anyone made the move to SA this year?

Seems to me that nowhere on Earth will be really safe from the agenda, unfortunately. Unless you're in the complete 3rd world/slum where they have bigger issues. I still look at Mexico which has some freedom-loving folks and intentional communities - I've seen some videos of Mexico and they're maskless and living normally (much like Sweden).
No long term plans, but if things are looking good I might finally take the plunge and travel through central and south america. I'd like to make the most of it though, and therefore it could be delayed if things are not more normal this summer.

I traveled around Cancun a few weeks ago and most places required masks inside and some places were taking temperatures. Although, it felt like it was mostly for show.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Feliz Navidad Hermanos

Now that Christmas is over, and a work contract wrapped up, I am thinking of slipping down to Colombia. It's winter here in Canada and I don't have work. We also just went into a lockdown. Somehow you can still fly out.

If I go I'll probably just go back to my old spot and hit the gym, enjoy some coffee, spend some time with the locals.

I'm pumping the breaks a little on Colombia. They are mandating tests to re enter Canada. I am looking into it but aside from the changes with respect to these tests, there seems to be a ton of media criticism around shutting down international flights. I'm a little worried about the situation, if they up the quarantine measures or if I test positive upon re entry. It's already a 2 week quarantine when returning.

bucky

Ostrich
I have been living in Cartagena for 10 months. It will be a year here before I make my departure, possibly longer. Things are opening up here and the mask and having your temp checked everywhere is the only thing lingering from the pandemic that I see in my day to day life. I am still banking on Panama being "that place" where I can see myself setting down roots. God help me if it isn't.....I am so over society and the world around me that its becoming a bit worrisome. I imagine some time surrounded in nature will help to counter balance those feelings. I have been thinking it an jokingly saying it for years but..... its starting to look more and more like a viable option, and that's some kind of commune. Otherwise there is really no way to avoid exposing my future family to the ills of the world. I have seen first hand the effect the world has had on my nephew and every one of my friends kids back in Murica. I also clearly see there is no way to avoid it if I live there... which is why I made the decision long ago that I would not raise a family in America. Every form of refuge has its price...

This probably sounds more doom and gloom than it really is. However I have been for awhile dead set on doing what it takes to not live plugged into the matrix.

80457cf456fcb235fed57e86f48bb43df90149bf.gifv
Never been to Panama, but it sounds like a good destination. We have friends in Costa Rica and we've been there a few times. On the off chance I were to end up in Panama too, being close to Costa Rica would be a bonus.